What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*OFFICIAL* WIS XI: The Uecker Era (1962-67) (1 Viewer)

:sadbanana:

I hate not having the time for these anymore (or the 24/7 access), but I love keeping up with them. Especially during the offseason.

Well, with 5 owners rolling worse than I did, can't say Im that upset with my placement. I had a list where 12 players seemed to have some advantage over the rest, after that there are still some very good options. Question will be, do the later picks have some advantage by getting two of that next tier, or does that next tier extend far enough that the guys picking at the top will have a double advantage of two additional second tier players after they get one of the top 3-5.
I'm just glad you won't be getting the best player with the 4th overall pick this time.
I will have to wait for the 11th pick to do so, this time around. :confused:

don't we have to pick stadiums that were used during the time period we're using for this?
Yeah, we do. How did I not catch that? :penalty:
are there 16 stadiums?(I'll check in a minute)1. Forbes Field2. Comiskey Park (I)3. Fenway Park4. Yankee Stadium (I)5. Wrigley Field6. Cleveland Stadium7. Crosley Field8. Connie Mack Stadium9. County Stadium10. Memorial Stadium11. Municipal Stadium12. Metropolitan Stadium13. Colt Stadium (? home of the Colt 45's)14. Dodger Stadium15. Polo Grounds (V)16. RFK17. Shea Stadium18. Astrodome19. Dodger Stadium (Angels)20. Anaheim Stadium21. Atlanta Fulton Country Stadium22. Busch Stadiumok, so there are more than 16, nevermind...

Last edited by a moderator:
don't we have to pick stadiums that were used during the time period we're using for this?
Yeah, we do. How did I not catch that? :thumbup:
are there 16 stadiums?(I'll check in a minute)1. Forbes Field2. Comiskey Park (I)3. Fenway Park4. Yankee Stadium (I)5. Wrigley Field6. Cleveland Stadium7. Crosley Field8. Connie Mack Stadium9. County Stadium10. Memorial Stadium11. Municipal Stadium12. Metropolitan Stadium13. Colt Stadium (? home of the Colt 45's)14. Dodger Stadium15. Polo Grounds (V)16. RFK17. Shea Stadium18. Astrodome19. Dodger Stadium (Angels)20. Anaheim Stadium21. Atlanta Fulton Country Stadium22. Busch Stadiumok, so there are more than 16, nevermind...
Plus Sportsman's Park III and the Stick

Yeah, we do. How did I not catch that? :thumbup:
Plus Sportsman's Park III and the Stick
lol yeah, I probably missed some...

Hmmm, seemed like an easy pick (never had higher than 9th before).

1.02 P Juan Marichal

Also if you are gonna be around a lot during this draft and have a cell phone send me your number and I'll reciprocate. I can get to FBG from work but the ads slows it to a crawl and if you call me or text me I'll make sure I get my pick in. TIA.

Have we created a league at WIS yet?
No. You can't join a league until you have a full roster, so it wouldn't do us any good.What you can do in the meantime is go here and create a spring training team. You can search the WIS database for players that are eligible under our league rules, sort them using a bunch of stats, and then add them to your roster after you pick. Once we actually create the league, there will be an option to import your spring training roster into your new team.

Where can a noob get rankings for this era?

And which year player do you pick. For example, WIllie MAys do you decide which one you want when you enter him?

Where do I get cheatsheets for this?
You can download the WIS salary database from HEREWith the short era, it's probably just as easy to just copy & paste from the WIS Draft Center.
bumped for belljr.You don't have to choose which year until after the draft but in most cases, it's not too hard to spot the best season. No dice rolling for years this time.

ETA: WIS salary places a lot of value on PAs and IPs. The year with the highest WIS salary may not be the "best" year in terms of expected production.

Normalization probably won't be as big an issue in a short era sim as some others. 1962 is the definite outlier with about 0.5 runs per game more offense in both leagues. 1962 hitters may underperform a bit, while 1962 pitchers should be helped by normalization.

Frostillicus hasn't posted all week. Does somebody know how to get in touch w/ him?

Koya OTC in ballpark draft

Frostillicus hasn't posted all week. Does somebody know how to get in touch w/ him?

Koya OTC in ballpark draft
5 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)5 Members: Greco, Frostillicus, Spartans Rule, Super Nintendo Chalmers, ScottNorwood

Since every time I take a pitcher early he ends up sucking harder than your mom, I'm not going to bother and will go with:

OF Carl "Yaz" Yastrzemski

Where do I get cheatsheets for this?
You can download the WIS salary database from HEREWith the short era, it's probably just as easy to just copy & paste from the WIS Draft Center.
bumped for belljr.You don't have to choose which year until after the draft but in most cases, it's not too hard to spot the best season. No dice rolling for years this time.

ETA: WIS salary places a lot of value on PAs and IPs. The year with the highest WIS salary may not be the "best" year in terms of expected production.

Normalization probably won't be as big an issue in a short era sim as some others. 1962 is the definite outlier with about 0.5 runs per game more offense in both leagues. 1962 hitters may underperform a bit, while 1962 pitchers should be helped by normalization.
Thanks. I'll wing it from here :)

Oh great, I'm stuck in the black hole of drafting waiting for SofaKings while next round, I'll be waiting for Sparty. Such bull####. PREDRAFT PEOPLE!!!!

Just wanted to get it out of my system. ;)

BTW, I'm going to need someone to send a list to every day... I work second shift, so I would prefer (depending on how far out my pick is) to send a small list to someone every night so that I don't hold things up every morning...

BTW, I'm going to need someone to send a list to every day... I work second shift, so I would prefer (depending on how far out my pick is) to send a small list to someone every night so that I don't hold things up every morning...
You can send me the list in even rounds. And odd rounds too if you want, although you might not want to for obvious reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread