What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Officially unofficial FBG draft contest! (1 Viewer)

Hot Sauce Guy

Footballguy
:pickle:

OK, here goes nothing. 

Call the top 15 picks, including trades, and win hot sauce & a t-shirt (up to 2x)! 🔥 

Scoring:

• each correct pick guessed = 1 point

ETA:  It has been brought up that there was a way to Jimmy the system with the trade guesses. So this contest for merely be one point for each correct player pick in the top 15.

1. USA only - fine to enter from anywhere, but you’ll have to ship to a friend in the USA. International postage is a ####.

2. Timestamp is the tiebreaker if you have the same number of points as someone else.  So get your entry in early! 

3. because #2 is a thing, please do not edit your post. If you wish to make a change, hide & repost to put up a new list. 

3. one (1) entry per person. 

Go! 

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a tough year to predict the draft. Two of us got the first 8 last year.

I'm going to Yosemite late May with daughters and others. If I don't win again (!) I'll buy some hot sauces anyway. Lots of flavors, not your typical hot sauce. Are you in the farmers market in Oakland on Sunday? Might be tough to coordinate, so I'll check out the web-site with my foodie vegan daughter.

Oakland is Saturday.

San Rafael is Sunday. 

planning to be at both, yeah!  :hifive:
Where in San Rafael?

Civic Center farmers market perhaps?

Ps. Raiders don’t have a pick til the 3rd round so I’m not paying attention to this draft at all :)  

1 Jags: Hutch

2 Lions: Thibs

3 Houston: Sauce

4 Jets: Walker

5 Giants: Neal

6 Panthers: Ekwonu

7 Giants: Jermaine Johnson

8 Atlanta: Jameson Williams

9 Seattle: Willis

10 Jets: London

11 Wash: Hamilton

12: Minn: Stingley

13 Houston: Cross

14 Balt: McDuffie

15 Philly: G. Wilson 

🏈💲🏈💲🏈
As of now this is the winning, and only entry. 

good luck! 
:hifive:

I have never had much success predicting draft picks, but oh well, this is the pre-season and I am excited about the draft and there is a prize and I live in the USA, so I am in. Thanks for the opportunity.

1. Jaguars - Hutchinson Edge

2. Lions - Thibodeaux Edge

3. Texans - Neal OT

4. Jets - Gardner CB

5. Giants - Ekwonu OT

6. Panthers - Cross OT

7. Giants - T. Walker Edge

8. TRADE Falcons to Packers - G. Wilson WR

9. Seahawks - Willis QB

10. Jets - Hamilton S

11. Commanders (going to take some getting used to) - Stingley CB

12. Vikings - J. Johnson Edge

13. Texans - D. London WR

14. Ravens - J. Davis DT

15. Eagles - Olave WR 

I'm waiting a couple more days for possible trade announcements and more chatter. In the inaugural contest in 2021, two of us got 8 out of 10, with the entries just hours apart. This year, it will be a challenge to get even half of the picks correct.

Hot Sauce Guy said:

OK, here goes nothing. 

Call the top 15 picks, including trades, and win hot sauce & a t-shirt (up to 2x)! 🔥 

Scoring:

• each correct pick guessed = 1 point

• each correct trade guessed = 2.5 points. Example: “KC trades with Philly”. 

• successfully guessing a trade AND pick. Example: “team X trades up to 1.09 to select Drake London” = 5 points

1. USA only - fine to enter from anywhere, but you’ll have to ship to a friend in the USA. International postage is a ####.

2. Timestamp is the tiebreaker if you have the same number of points as someone else.  So get your entry in early! 

3. one (1) entry per person. 

Go! 

Wouldn't it make sense to submit a trade guess for every slot?  Your going to get one pick for a correct pick anyway.  Might as well hope a pick is traded to get the 5 points OR worst case you get a shot at the 2.5 if you miss the pick.

Wouldn't it make sense to submit a trade guess for every slot?  Your going to get one pick for a correct pick anyway.  Might as well hope a pick is traded to get the 5 points OR worst case you get a shot at the 2.5 if you miss the pick.
:shrug:  I hastily threw this together. Best I have on short notice. 

Thought it would lend excitement to make a tiered scoring system. Luck favors the bold.’

Sorry GB, wasn't trying to be an ####.  Just pointing out a hole in the scoring system that could be exploited to get some yummy sauce.  Maybe a penalty for a missed trade?
Oh I didn’t take any offense - no apology necessary.

I’ll take a closer look later - I’m at my market booth right now. 

It made sense when I typed it out. Haha

Sorry GB, wasn't trying to be an ####.  Just pointing out a hole in the scoring system that could be exploited to get some yummy sauce.  Maybe a penalty for a missed trade?
Ya I never thought of this strategy but this is true. 

The trade thing is neat, but complicated.  In a year like this, even just getting 1 point for a correct pick would be good, and I don't think there would be too many ties.  Even just pick the top 20, each correct pick is a point and I'm sure there would be a winner.

Ya I never thought of this strategy but this is true. 

The trade thing is neat, but complicated.  In a year like this, even just getting 1 point for a correct pick would be good, and I don't think there would be too many ties.  Even just pick the top 20, each correct pick is a point and I'm sure there would be a winner.
I was just trying to throw a little excitement into the mix. Maybe I’ll just make it one point for correct picks.  

it sucks, because I would’ve loved to have used a bonus system for correctly predicting trades.

I was just trying to throw a little excitement into the mix. Maybe I’ll just make it one point for correct picks.  

it sucks, because I would’ve loved to have used a bonus system for correctly predicting trades.
Ya the trade thing is a great idea and could in theory, but would prob be too tough.

Maybe everyone can pick only up to 3 trades?

Or you make your top 15 picks PLUS everyone picks 1 trade as a bonus 2 points?

1. Jaguars - Evan Neal

2. Lions - Aiden Hutchinson

3. Texans - Kayvon Thibodeaux

4. Jets - Ahmad Gardner

5. Giants - Ikem Ekwonu

6. Panthers - Malik Willis

7. Giants - Travon Walker

8. Falcons - Garrett Wilson

9. Seahawks - Derek Stingley

10. Jets - Drake London

11. Commanders - Kyle Hamilton

12. Vikings - Trent McDuffie

13. Texans - Jameson Williams

14. Ravens - Jordan Davis

15. Eagles - Jermaine Johnson

1 Thibodeaux

2 Hutchinson

3 Walker

4 Ekwonu

5 Gardner

6 Neal

7 London

8 Wilson

9 Willis

10 Stingley

11 Hamilton

12: Cross

13 Olave

14 McDuffie

15  Pickett

1 Jags: Aidan Hutchinson EDGE

2 Lions: Malik Willis QB

3 Texans: Travon Walker DL

4 Jets: Ahmad Gardner CB

5 Giants: Ikem Ekwonu OL

6 Panthers: Evan Neal OL

7 Giants: Derek Stingley Jr. CB

8 Falcons: Kenny Pickett QB

9 Seahawks: Garrett Wilson WR

10 Jets: Jameson Williams WR

11 Commanders: Drake London WR

12 Vikings: Kayvon Thibodeaux EDGE

13 Texans: Charles Cross OL

14 Ravens: Jordan Davis DL

15 Eagles: Chris Olave WR

Here goes nothing:

1.  Hutchinson

2.  Hamilton

3.  Travon Walker

4.  Thibodeaux

5.  Ekwonu

6.  Willis

7.  Lloyd

8.  Garrett Wilson

9.  Neal

10.  Cross

11.  Jameson Williams

12.  Stingley (although I hate this pick and hope it's Linderbaum)

13.  London

14.  Gardner

15.  Burks

1 Jags: Travon Walker DL

2 Lions: Aidan Hutchinson EDGE

3 Texans: Ahmad Gardner CB

4 Jets:  Kayvon Thibodeaux EDGE

6 Panthers: Evan Neal OL

7 Giants: Derek Stingley Jr. CB

8 Falcons: Malik WIllis QB

9 Seahawks: Malik WIllis QB

10 Jets: Drake London WR

11 Commanders: Garrett Wilson WR

12 Vikings: Trent McDuffie, CB

13 Texans: Charles Cross OL

14 Ravens: Jermaine Johnson, EDGE

15 Eagles: Kyle Hamilton, S

1: Walker

2 : Hutch

3: Ekwonu

4: Thibo

5: Neal

6: Cross

7: Sauce

8: G. Wilson

9: Stingley

10: Drake

11: Hamilton

12: McDuffie

13: J. Johnson II

14: J. Davis

15 J. Williams

I'll take a WAG here....

1) JAX = OT Ekwonu

2) DET = DE Hutchinson

3) HOU = DE Thibodeaux

4) NYJ = CB Gardner 

5) NYG = OT Neal

6) CAR / Traded to MIN #12 = DL Walker

7) NYG = CB Gardner

#8 ATL = OL Cross 

9) SEA = DL Davis 

10) NYJ = WR London

11) WAS = CB Stingley

12) CAR / Trade from Min = QB Pickett

13) HOU = OL Linderbaum

14) BLT = DE Johnson 

15) PHI = WR J Williams

My Entry:

1.       Aidan Hutchinson

2.       Travon Walker

3.       Kayvon Thibodeaux

4.       Ahmad "Sauce"Gardner

5.       Ickey Ekwonu

6.       Kenny Pickett

7.      (TRADE) Malik Willis

8.       Jameson Williams

9.       Evan Neal

10.   Garrett Wilson

11.   Drake London

12.   Trent McDuffie

13.   Kyle Hamilton

14.   Jordan Davis

15.   Chris Olave

1. Travon Walker
  2. Aidan Hutchinson
  3. ickey Ekwonu
  4. Sauce Gardner
  5. Evan Neal
  6. trade Philly. Jameson Williams
  7. Kayvon Thibodeaux 
  8. Malik Willis
  9. Charles Cross
  10. Jermaine Johnson
  11. Kyle Hamilton
  12. Derek Stingley
  13. Garrett Wilson
  14. Jordan Davis
  15. kenny Pickett

1. Jags: Travon Walker DL

2 Lions: Aidan Hutchinson EDGE

3 Texans: Evan Neal OL 

4 Jets: Sauce Gardner CB

6 Panthers: Charles Cross OL

7 Giants: Kayvon Thibodeaux EDGE 

8 Falcons: Jameson Williams WR

9 Seahawks: Malik WIllis QB

10 Jets: Drake London WR

11 Commanders: Kyle Hamilton S

12 Vikings: Trent McDuffie, CB

13 Texans: Derek Stingley Jr. CB

14 Ravens: Jermaine Johnson, EDGE

15 Eagles:Garrett Wilson WR

Lol.  This is exactly what I was going to do, and then I was going to spray the hot sauce like champagne when I received it!  

1 day left to put up a guess bump! :pickle:  

Ya can't win if ya don't play! :sadbanana:

But you have a great shot at a win if you enter! :pickle:  

But I have a head cold. :sadbanana:

But it's not COVID! :pickle:  

I hope :sadbanana:

I have a test I can take later! :pickle:  

Best of luck, GB. I should be able to get a guess list (see the assonance and consonance there) in by tomorrow. 

1. Jags: Travon Walker DL - After signing Cam Robinson to an extension this is pretty clearly the pick.

2 Lions: Aidan Hutchinson EDGE - No brainer if Walker goes one

3 Texans: Evan Neal OL - No brainer

4 Jets: Derek Stingley CB - Apparently this guy has generational talent, you don't pass that up and he won't be there at 10

5 Giants: Charles Cross OL - Ekwonu is more game ready but Cross just oozes upside

This is the point in the draft where things will get  crazy

6 Commodores (from Panthers) - Jameson Williams WR

7 Giants: Sauce Gardner CB

8 Vikings (from Falcons) - Kavon Thibodeaux, Edge

9 Eagles (from Seahawks) - Garret Wilson WR

10 Jets: Drake London, WR

11 Panthers: Trevor Penning, OL

12 Falcons: Chris Olave, WR

13 Steelers or Saints (from Texans) - Kenny Pickett, QB

14 Ravens: Jermaine Johnson, Edge

15 Green Bay (from Seahawks via Eagles) - Treylon Burks, WR

I'm not sure what the original rule was vis-a-vis gaming trades but I think we should get some kind of bonus for calling a correct trade.

Point per correct player, point for calling a trade for that player, point for calling the correct team trading up.  

I'm not sure what the original rule was vis-a-vis gaming trades but I think we should get some kind of bonus for calling a correct trade.

Point per correct player, point for calling a trade for that player, point for calling the correct team trading up.  
I think the "gaming" of the system would have you predict a trade for every draft slot to maximize chances of gaining points so trade predictions were voided.

I think the "gaming" of the system would have you predict a trade for every draft slot to maximize chances of gaining points so trade predictions were voided.
I figured it was something along those lines, but why not reduce the bonus? Or make it so you have to call both the teams involved and the player selected otherwise you get a zero?

Trade for correct player and correct team gets a 2 or 5 or whatever.  Trade for correct player but wrong team get a zero.  Or something like that.

I figured it was something along those lines, but why not reduce the bonus? Or make it so you have to call both the teams involved and the player selected otherwise you get a zero?

Trade for correct player and correct team gets a 2 or 5 or whatever.  Trade for correct player but wrong team get a zero.  Or something like that.
Or allow everyone only two trades.  

The suggestion of negative storing works best, IMO.

not for this year, but next year I’ll look to do a +X for a correct trade guess, and -X for an incorrect trade guess.

That would effectively put the kibosh on the old “guess that every team makes a trade” scheme. 

not for this year, but next year I’ll look to do a +X for a correct trade guess, and -X for an incorrect trade guess.

That would effectively put the kibosh on the old “guess that every team makes a trade” scheme. 
Hey it's your contest.

But when I go 5-for-5 on my trade predictions and still lose the contest, Imma be bitter.

Thankfully I have 12 bottles of LD hot sauce on hand to help with that.

Love me some Hot Sauce.  Should we ask Ahmed Gardner to sponsor this contest? 
Went with some trades to shake things up for fun. 

1. JAX Travon Walker
  2. DET Hutchinson
  3. JETS Thibodeaux. Trade up one spot desperate to ensure landing a blue chip edge rusher.  D scheme based on pressure and the cupboard is bare
  4. HOU Ekwonu Drops one spot to pick up more ammo and still get their guy
  5. NYG Neal
  6. SEA Cross. Trade because Carolina is motivated to pick up a day 2 pick. Cross is arguably the best tackle in the draft. Seattle moves up so they don’t have to reach on a 2nd tier OT in a position they must fill 
  7. NYG Stingley Jr
  8. ATL Jameson Williams. Atlanta runs to the podium and take the best skill position player available.  Sorry Jets.  He doesn’t fall to 10
  9. CAR Kenny Pickett.  Does anyone believe Carolina will go into this season with Darnold and Phillip Walker? Read the tea leaves, hold your nose and take your favorite QB. 

10. JETS Jermaine Johnson Talking heads are going to go nuts. Jets pick 2 edge rushers in the first. pressure pressure pressure 
  11. WAS Kyle Hamilton tough call with Gardner on the board but Hamilton is the pick
  12. MIN Ahmed Gardner best player available 
  13. HOU Jordan Davis  Massive run stopper and we hear a massive groan from the city of Baltimore 
  14. BAL George Karlaftis
  15. WAS Garrett Wilson

Just a half-baked thought here. To me a trade in most cases indicates a different player not usually mocked to that team. Otherwise why trade a player that you want yourself? So an odd choice (qb to team that already has a decent qb) shows that a trade was probably made. Whoever guesses that already has a bonus pick that most would not predict.

Users who are viewing this thread