What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

ok guys who sits next week ? (1 Viewer)

New Orleans clinched the #2 seed in the NFC and a 1st round bye with the Cowboys losing. Chicago already has clinched homefield advantage throughout the playoffs. Both Chicago and New Orleans have nothing to play for except to stay healthy.

I could see the Patriots resting their starters. Win or lose, they know they play at home in the first round and the rest is up in the air.

Why LT... Balt can still catch them for #1 and even holds the tie breaker over them i believe. Even though the game is at 4 for SD the Bills might give Balt a hard time and the outcome may not be known.

I think LT could sit.

If baltimore loses to buffalo.

They are 1 of only 2 late games. 49ers @ Denver and Arizona @ S Diego.

So, they should know the results on "all" the earlier games ( by half time at the latest).

Last edited by a moderator:
I think LT should sit.They are 1 of only 2 late games. 49ers @ Denver and Arizona @ S Diego.So, they should know the results on "all" the earlier games ( by half time at the latest).
what do you not understand??? if baltimore beats buffalo at home, LT WILL BE PLAYING. man i take my commmon sense for granted.as an aside, is it true that they are moving an afternoon game to sunday night?

Not to hijack, but are there any teams who might be trying out some backups because they are out of contention?

Well GB & CHI is the flex game. They also moved both IND and BALT to 4:00, so now IND, BALT and SD are all now playing at 4:00 pm. I'd think no one should be sitting from those 3 teams.

Well GB & CHI is the flex game. They also moved both IND and BALT to 4:00, so now IND, BALT and SD are all now playing at 4:00 pm. I'd think no one should be sitting from those 3 teams.
wow are you serious? they also moved philly to 4. where did you get this info though?

wow are you serious? they also moved philly to 4. where did you get this info though?
nfl.comCheck the main page...it is under the "flex schedule" article. :lmao:
saw it. thanks. what do you think about brees not playing the full game?

That is still hard to say in my opinion. As far as I can tell, New Orleans is locked into their position...so it is possible Brees may not play the full game.

HOWEVER, I am not 100% certain that my analysis of the situation is correct. :lmao:

That is still hard to say in my opinion. As far as I can tell, New Orleans is locked into their position...so it is possible Brees may not play the full game.HOWEVER, I am not 100% certain that my analysis of the situation is correct. :lmao:
correct, they are locked into the 2 seed with a first round bye.

That is still hard to say in my opinion. As far as I can tell, New Orleans is locked into their position...so it is possible Brees may not play the full game.HOWEVER, I am not 100% certain that my analysis of the situation is correct. :yes:
correct, they are locked into the 2 seed with a first round bye.
OK..cool..thanks. Now, my next question is...with NO locked, how will that affect R. Bush? Is Stecker going to be the man next week...or will Payton play Bush the same or more (if he rests Deuce)? This is important to my team in a PPR league. :lmao:

Thanks for the update. Our Super Bowl is this week. I have Peyton, Jamal Lewis, MJD, Willis McGhaee, Coles, Curry, Joe Jue, Heap, Stover, and Balt D in my starting lineup. I need to these players to play a full game. :banned:

any thoughts on the seahawks? Will Alexander get a full workload? A half or workload? Anything? thanks in advance

Here's a pretty informative write-up from Sportline.com, yes that Sportsline, that looks at the playoff implications of each game and how it affects those of us still playing in week 17.

Linkage to full article

I found this very informative and thought I'd share with the rest of the class:

Strategy session

How will the playoff scenarios impact Week 17 Fantasy play?

Not many of you will have games in Week 17, but for those of you that do, here's a rundown of each game and the likelihood of backups playing at any point.

N.Y. Giants at Washington: With a win, the Giants clinch a playoff spot, so none of their reserves will play. The Redskins already have a bunch of reserves playing -- and in the case of Ladell Betts, doing well -- so don't expect many changes from the 'Skins.

Fantasy analysis: Play all regulars.

Pittsburgh at Cincinnati: The Bengals will fight hard for a win as they cling to faint playoff hopes (they'll need to win and get help to make the postseason), but the Steelers are the kind of team that won't quit. Defeating their arch-rivals and costing them a playoff spot would be a solid morale boost for them.

Detroit at Dallas: The Cowboys need a win to keep their hopes for a home playoff game alive. If they lose, they're still in the playoffs but as a wild-card team. The Lions are surrounded by so much turmoil that I don't think their starters outside of Roy Williams and Mike Furrey will play the full game. New coach Rod Marinelli has to see what he has in some of his reserve players.

Fantasy analysis: Play all regular Cowboys; sit all Lions except Williams, Furrey.

Cleveland at Houston: Two teams with no playoff hopes. The Texans have a first-year head coach who they can't quit on, so they'll fight for a win. The Browns will start Ken Dorsey at quarterback and try to get out of the game without any major injuries.

Fantasy analysis: Play all regular Texans; sit all regular Browns.

Jacksonville at Kansas City: Both teams have dwindling playoff hopes. Both teams should put up a strong effort, but the Chiefs are very tough to beat at home.

St. Louis at Minnesota: The Rams are in the playoffs with a win and losses by the Giants, Packers and Panthers. It seems unlikely, but they'll give a stronger effort than the Vikings, who have lost seven of their last nine. If the Giants win on Saturday, then the Rams' plan may change, so be wary of that. The Vikings are expected to give some playing time to their younger guys so Brad Childress can evaluate what he's got on his roster.

Fantasy analysis: Play all regular Rams if the Giants lose; sit all regular Vikings except Chester Taylor (if healthy).

Carolina at New Orleans: The Saints have the No. 2 seed in the NFC locked up and aren't expected to play their starters for a full game. The Panthers will unload the bench if the Giants win on Saturday, but will play for a win if the Giants lose. Same drill for the Panthers as for the Rams.

Fantasy analysis: Play all regular Panthers if the Giants lose; expect limited stats from all regular Saints.

Oakland at N.Y. Jets: The Raiders are looking to play out the string, so I think the Jets will try to build a big lead and then rest their key players. Of course, if they build a big lead, it will mean quality stats from the Jets' players.

Fantasy analysis: Play all regular Jets; you're nuts if you're using any Raiders other than Ronald Curry.

Seattle at Tampa Bay: The Seahawks will host a home game as the No. 4 seed no matter what, so the game means nothing to them. That means they could pull their starters at some point. The Bucs are toast, but they played some nice football last week and are expected to try and finish strong at home.

Fantasy analysis: Expect limited stats from all Seahawks regulars; sit all regular Buccaneers except Michael Pittman (if he starts) and Joey Galloway.

New England at Tennessee: The Patriots can only get as high as the No. 3 seed and as low as the No. 4 seed. Unless they decide to try and pick their playoff opponent between the Broncos and Jets (both of which will give the Pats trouble, even at home), New England will play its starters. The Titans have longshot hopes of making the playoffs (they're in if they win, the Bengals lose or tie, the Broncos lose and the Chiefs win), so they'll play to the end.

San Francisco at Denver: Niners coach Mike Nolan has already said he is considering this game as a step towards next season, so expect to see some younger players and backups for them. Denver is in the playoffs as the No. 5 seed with a win.

Fantasy analysis: Play all regular Broncos; sit all regular 49ers except Frank Gore and Vernon Davis, but expect limited stats from Gore.

Arizona at San Diego: The Chargers are forced to play all their regulars, including Tomlinson, because the Ravens (who could get the No. 1 seed if they win and the Chargers lose) also play in a late game. So until the Bolts have a grip on the outcome of the game, expect to see L.T. & Co. Arizona is fighting for their coach and will give an effort.

Atlanta at Philadelphia: The Eagles will need to win to clinch the NFC East unless they learn beforehand that the Cowboys lost to the Lions (not a likely scenario). The Falcons will know in advance if they have a shot at winning as well. Both teams should play to win regardless.

Buffalo at Baltimore: The Bills are out of the playoffs but first-year head coach **** Jauron will want his guys to finish the year strong. That still won't help them against the Ravens' first-stringers, who will play until the game is in hand. With a win, the Ravens will clinch at worst the No. 2 seed.

Miami at Indianapolis: The Colts can get the No. 2 seed if they win and the Ravens lose. Because the Ravens are playing at the same time as the Colts, expect Indy's starters to play a lot. Miami could start looking at players for 2007, or they could consider this game as their Super Bowl -- depending entirely on Nick Saban's mindset.

Fantasy analysis: Play all regular Colts; sit all regular Dolphins except Ronnie Brown.

Green Bay at Chicago: The Packers will know before kickoff if they have to win to make the playoffs. If the Giants lose, they are in as the No. 6 seed in the NFC with a win. The Bears will probably play their starters for at least a half, but will want to defeat their nemesis from the north regardless of the impact of the game's outcome for them (the Bears have clinched the No. 1 seed in the NFC already).

Fantasy analysis: Play all regular Packers if the Giants lose; expect limited stats from all Bears regulars.

Yes, thanks for the link. However, I'm more confused than ever. Sportsline was listing Dillon as a safe start. I don't know if I buy that. I'm very concerned about him playing. However, even if he does play, I have to wonder how the absence of Brady (assuming he rests) will affect the running game. I don't like Week 17 games.

With the Giants win are CAR, GB, ATL now all out of contention?
CAR, ATL and STL are OUT. GB still has a shot, granted its a VERY outside shot based on strength of victory margin or something, but only if GB wins...CAR, ATL and STL have NOTHING to play for now, though I don't know what this means to each team regarding playing starters, how much, etc. My guess is that all three teams play all starters and play to win. Each team is looking to end at .500 and none have big ??? at major skill positions (QB, RB & WR) going into next year.

Users who are viewing this thread