What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

? on LB rankings (1 Viewer)

E-A-G-L-E-S

Footballguy
Curious about the rankings of the Bronco LBsDJ Williams is 30 while Ian Gold is 40I know Williams is very talented, but he is supposed to play strong side LB and Gold is playing the more fantasy productive Weak side. Gold had a good season when last playing weak side for the Broncos.Anyone know why they are ranked this way or is just a talent thing

The rankings probably appear as a talent thing. But I wouldnt know unless the people who did the ranking weigh in.Personally, I am not a fan of Ian Gold. His injury history is not all that good and with Terry Pierce sitting there waiting in the wings I would not be surprised to see DJ at WLB and Pierce at SLB by the end of the season. That is speculation on my part, of course, but I dont think the Broncos have their 3 best LBs on the field.

The rankings probably appear as a talent thing. But I wouldnt know unless the people who did the ranking weigh in.

Personally, I am not a fan of Ian Gold. His injury history is not all that good and with Terry Pierce sitting there waiting in the wings I would not be surprised to see DJ at WLB and Pierce at SLB by the end of the season. That is speculation on my part, of course, but I dont think the Broncos have their 3 best LBs on the field.
IMO you're underestimating Gold, many do as they look at 2004. Not to say that's all you are looking at, but it's a possible reason for him to be undervalued in 2005.I like Pierce's potential, but I don't see him as a good SLB. Maybe, but he's better suited to ILB if Denver went to the 3-4, or MLB if Wilson gets hurt. He's more of a SLB than WLB though, so if Gold got hurt, you might be right as to what Denver does by year's end.

The rankings probably appear as a talent thing. But I wouldnt know unless the people who did the ranking weigh in.

Personally, I am not a fan of Ian Gold. His injury history is not all that good and with Terry Pierce sitting there waiting in the wings I would not be surprised to see DJ at WLB and Pierce at SLB by the end of the season. That is speculation on my part, of course, but I dont think the Broncos have their 3 best LBs on the field.
Only issue for Terry Pierce getting on the field is that nice new fat contract Gold signed this offseason. I would have to say that door is officially closed. With that said, Gold is a nice value though looking at his '02 numbers to judge his value could be a mistake. In '02, Gold was a nickel LB as well as sometimes getting some time in dime packages. With Al Wilson firmly holding down one of the main 3 down spot, I would think we can fully expect the Broncos to keep their best athlete on the field as well in DJ thus making Gold's numbers slightly down off his 2002 pace.

As for DJ Williams, I would probably look for numbers similar to what Marcus Washington put together in Washington last year at SSLB.

The word out of here (DEN) on Pierce is that he's not as dedicated to the weight room as DEN expects its players to be, he's fighting a weight problem, and he just doesn't seem to have a fire in his belly to jump up & take a spot away from anyone. I wouldn't be expected Pierce to take over for either guy barring injury.Gold is going to play the WLB & Williams is going to play the SLB. I'd look for Williams to put up similar numbers to Mobley when Mobley was healthy - not spectacular numbers, but solid #2/very good #3 LB type numbers.

Users who are viewing this thread