What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

One Player At Every Position That Will Outperform ADP (1 Viewer)

QB #16: Tua Tagovailoa (Was going to say Carr, but thought I'd be different)
RB # 51: Khalil Herbert
WR #37: Allen Lazard
TE #28: Taysom Hill (but a lot of the points will be accumulated in nontraditional ways for a TE)

This is very difficult, as I’ve drafted 4 teams over the last 3 weeks. ADP has changed a lot over that span.

I’ll go with a pair from Denver to start:
QB: Russell Wilson. I was skeptical early in the signing. I’ve changed my mind. I’m feeling a Peyton Manning comes go down vibe here. The offense is loaded, Russ still runs enough to be relevant for it, and that great run game is going to open up so many receivers downfield, top 5 QB potential from the 7th-8th round. Yes please.

WR: Sutton - end of the 4th, and all I’m hearing about is the great connection he has with Wilson, and how Sutton’s route tree fits like a glove with Wilson’s best throws, - added to the fact that Wilson targets his outside receivers an obscene amount, something like north of 70%? Yeah. I’m in all the way here.

RB: Barkley at the mid-to-late 2nd is hard to argue with, but I’m going with A.J. Dillon. Mid-to-late 5th for the RB21 last year seems like the diamond in the rough of the dead zone.

TE: Imma go post hype sleeper for Hockenson. He was being taken neck in neck with Pitts last year. Feel like folks are sleeping on him as an 8th+ round bargain.

QB: Trey Lance QB13, would have to get injured or benched to not beat this ranking. As we saw with Hurts a year ago, you don't have to be a good passer to be a top great fantasy QB, and Lance's weapons (and play caller) are better than Hurts were. I have him QB8.

RB: Dameon Pierce RB30, just way too low for a guy who looks to have complete job security and could be the centerpiece of his team's offense. I have him RB20.

WR: Michael Thomas WR29, has been a stud whenever he's been on the field, and not just with Brees, he was just as good with Teddy/Hill when they started. Winston has a history of feeding his top guy. I have him WR22.

TE: David Njoku TE16, most likely the #2 target in the offense, might even be more of the 1B as Brissett has a history of being a checkdown artist. Doesn't have the TD upside he'd have with Watson but may actually be just as good with Brissett due to volume. I have him at TE11.

This is very difficult, as I’ve drafted 4 teams over the last 3 weeks. ADP has changed a lot over that span.

I’ll go with a pair from Denver to start:
QB: Russell Wilson. I was skeptical early in the signing. I’ve changed my mind. I’m feeling a Peyton Manning comes go down vibe here. The offense is loaded, Russ still runs enough to be relevant for it, and that great run game is going to open up so many receivers downfield, top 5 QB potential from the 7th-8th round. Yes please.

WR: Sutton - end of the 4th, and all I’m hearing about is the great connection he has with Wilson, and how Sutton’s route tree fits like a glove with Wilson’s best throws, - added to the fact that Wilson targets his outside receivers an obscene amount, something like north of 70%? Yeah. I’m in all the way here.

RB: Barkley at the mid-to-late 2nd is hard to argue with, but I’m going with A.J. Dillon. Mid-to-late 5th for the RB21 last year seems like the diamond in the rough of the dead zone.

TE: Imma go post hype sleeper for Hockenson. He was being taken neck in neck with Pitts last year. Feel like folks are sleeping on him as an 8th+ round bargain.
I like the Hockenson call, and the almost Barkley call. Really think the Lions passing game could surprise, as much as the team has improved, the back 7 of the defense is still pretty rough and could be shootout friendly.

QB27 Jared Goff...dude has a solid OL and weapons around him with more to follow when Jameson gets into the mix.
RB38 MG3...blurb about it being close to a split with Williams and he hasn't had a QB like Wilson in front of him stretching the defenses in a while.
WR70 Christian Watson...Aging vet Cobb, Lazard and Sammy Stinkin' Watkins are all that stands between him and greatness. Oh yeah that other rookie, may the best rookie win.
TE20 Gerald Everett...Sasquatch throwing him the football, should be the best season of his career. They signed him for 2 years.

Qb-Baker Mayfield. 23rd qb off of the board is baker mayfield. I’m by no means saying that he’s a stud or anywhere close to being one. I’m just saying that I feel like he’ll be closer to qb16-18 if he stays healthy. In superflex leagues—he could be a value for a 2nd qb. Darnold had a solid start to last season before C-Mac got hurt. I think Baker is more talented than Darnold and the Panthers have legit weapons that he can utilize.

RB-Tony Pollard—according to fantasypros—hes the 29th rb coming off of the board on average. I picked him for a few reasons. Zeke’s carries have been trending down with each passing year. His efficiency year after year also seems to be trending down. Last season—just off of the eye test alone-pollard looked like the better back. The only reason why the cowboys are inclined to feature zeke over pollard is economics. They are paying zeke a lot of money—and it would look bad optically if they made pollard the starting back. With that said—I think that Pollards floor is probably somewhere around RB24-26. I think he has the capability of being a solid RB1 if anything happens to Zeke. In reality—I think he easily could end up being RB17-18 even if zeke stays healthy. Look at the cowboys schedule. They play a nice mix of games that have shootout potential (which would bode well for Pollards receiving ability) and they play a lot of games against weak opponents—where zeke could get taken out late and pollard gets a lot of garbage time yards.

WR: Rashod Bateman- WR33 according to fantasy pros. Even if Baltimore makes an effort to be committed to the run—I still see Lamar passing for 200-225 yards a game on a consistent basis. I see Andrews and Bateman being target magnets. I feel like a lot of Hollywood browns production will be bateman’s to take. I could easily see him finishing as WR24 or better

TE: Hunter Henry TE13. The tight end position is weird this year. Feel like ADP indicates that the fantasy community believes that there is a giant gap between the top 4-5 guys and the rest (particularly after the elite tier of kelce, andrews and Pitts). Kittle could arguably be added to that group—but I personally see him one tier below them. I think Henry has a chance to be just below that Kittle level (potentially a top 6-8 te). He’s a red zone monster and has shown some chemistry with Mac jones. I think if you draft and avoid going after one of the top 4-5 guys—-you can wait and grab a guy like henry later.

ADP is fluid but I'll use this morning's FantasyPros:
  • QB11 - Russell Wilson - after finishing QB11 as a rookie, he has a failed to be a Top 8 QB only twice (2016 & 2021.) Last year he missed 3 weeks with a broken middle finger on his throwing hand admits he rushed his return. Mid-30s star QB coming off injury to play in Mile High...
  • RB8 - Alvin Kamara - has finished RB 3, 4, 9, 1, 8 since coming on the scene. Bit like my QB pick - merely expecting him to play like the guy he has always been.
  • WR21 - Allen Robinson - will be his 4th season as a Top 10 receiver. The collection of QBs he has accomplished that with is amazing. A lot of people are concerned about Stafford's elbow pain. He's the toughest QB in the league.
  • TE12 - Cole Kmet - 93 targets should increase 20% or more, and likely won't have another season with zero TDs.

QB - Trevor Lawrence will smash current ADP

RB - A Gibson, currently going on the 8th round. This is incredible value for a top 10 first half of the season RB.

WR - Kirk, keeping on my Jags kick. 125+ targets for him. Oh and the Jags play Houston and the Jets during the FF playoffs.

TE - Kmet, default WR2 on his team. Team could be trailing lots leading to some easy receptions and yards.

QB18: Trevor Lawrence - consider me bullish on a guy who was considered a transcendent talent at QB now getting professional coaching.
RB27: Chase Edmonds - the ulitmate Shanahan disciple hand picked this guy.
WR36: Allen Lazard - seems odd that Rodgers’ WR1 is the low.
TE25: Austin Hooper - feels like there is an opportunity to be a significant pass catcher there.

QB18: Trevor Lawrence - consider me bullish on a guy who was considered a transcendent talent at QB now getting professional coaching.
RB27: Chase Edmonds - the ulitmate Shanahan disciple hand picked this guy.

WR36: Allen Lazard - seems odd that Rodgers’ WR1 is the low.
TE25: Austin Hooper - feels like there is an opportunity to be a significant pass catcher there.
Music to my ears or lineups

QB: Trey Lance QB13, would have to get injured or benched to not beat this ranking. As we saw with Hurts a year ago, you don't have to be a good passer to be a top great fantasy QB, and Lance's weapons (and play caller) are better than Hurts were. I have him QB8.

RB: Dameon Pierce RB30, just way too low for a guy who looks to have complete job security and could be the centerpiece of his team's offense. I have him RB20.

WR: Michael Thomas WR29, has been a stud whenever he's been on the field, and not just with Brees, he was just as good with Teddy/Hill when they started. Winston has a history of feeding his top guy. I have him WR22.

TE: David Njoku TE16, most likely the #2 target in the offense, might even be more of the 1B as Brissett has a history of being a checkdown artist. Doesn't have the TD upside he'd have with Watson but may actually be just as good with Brissett due to volume. I have him at TE11.
I hope you are correct as I have the first three of those on a team I drafted. Lance does indeed seem primed to better what Hurts did last year with the team around him. Pierce should be a 3 down back and is being discounted because he is perceived to be on a bad team. Week one vs an Indy defense that should be vulnerable to the run may be his coming out party.

QB - Danny Dimes - QB 29. Trevor Lawrence QB 18, Davis Mills QB 30.
Danny Dimes finally has a solid o-line, and a capable coaching staff alongside a healthy Barkley and Toney. I'm not saying Dimes is going to be a top 10 QB but he put up respectable #s for a stretch last season, I think Daboll makes all the difference here. Mills should easily finish as a top 20 QB, and Lawrence will be a top 10 QB.

RB - Nick Chubb (rb10) - you've got a bunch of what-if players ahead of him. 55% of players who hVe previously injured a shoulder, reinjure it. ( Cook). CMC will NOT, repeat NOT play more than 8 games in 2022 he's only played in 10 of the last 30 games. Swift doesn't belong in the top 10.Derik Henry (5) doesn't belong there he's starting to see the injuries pile up. Najee Harris has Lis Franc injury and suspect line on a team poised to pas the ball a LOT more.
S. Barkley - (RB 11) - he's healthy in a Daboll offense with a much improved o-line with little talent at the WR position outside of Toney and Robinson. Quadzilla is in line for 70+recs and a TON of carries.
Darrell Henderson - RB 42 - c'mon man, Cam Akers at RB 17? wat?? Henderson is the legit #1 RB in this offense it will be painfully obvious just how bad Akers is on Thurs night. Not one single RB in the 100 year history of the NFL has ever returned from an Achilles' to be anything remotely CLOSE to what they were before the injury. Why do I feel like people just continually avoid this fact??
A. Mattison - RB 43..as previously stated, there is a 55% chance that Cook reinjures his shoulder. This is a guy who has a long history of injuries. His effectiveness has gone done in each of the past 3 seasons. Was that coaching? maybe. Was it the mileage starting show its wear on the tires? probably.

WR - Burks (45), D. Smith (36), Elijah Moore (35)
TE - I. Likely , TE 25. he passes the eyeball test with flying colors. he's not going to sit on the sidelines and be a spot player, he's going to be a starting TE in a 2-TE offense. Ravens have little else on the roster aside from Bateman and Andrews.

QB..ADP 160 Trevor Lawrence

RB…ADP 142 Zamir White

ReC…ADP 99 Treylon Burks

TE…..ADP… 202…Isaiah Likely

K……ADP….237…Will Lutz

D……ADP….216…Chargers.

QB: Matt Stafford: QB 13. Assuming McVay and Stafford are being truthful about his elbow not being an issue, he will have a great season with Robinson added to the WR group

RB: Zeke: RB 21. Will be top 10 if he stays healthy. Not ready to fade away yet

WR: Kirk: WR 33. If Lawrence makes a big jump, Kirk could end up in the top 15. Don't have a single copy of him on any of my teams though, which sucks

TE: Austin Hooper: TE 22. If you wait on a TE, I think he can crack the top 12 and return good value.

ADP is fluid but I'll use this morning's FantasyPros:
  • QB11 - Russell Wilson - after finishing QB11 as a rookie, he has a failed to be a Top 8 QB only twice (2016 & 2021.) Last year he missed 3 weeks with a broken middle finger on his throwing hand admits he rushed his return. Mid-30s star QB coming off injury to play in Mile High...
  • RB8 - Alvin Kamara - has finished RB 3, 4, 9, 1, 8 since coming on the scene. Bit like my QB pick - merely expecting him to play like the guy he has always been.
  • WR21 - Allen Robinson - will be his 4th season as a Top 10 receiver. The collection of QBs he has accomplished that with is amazing. A lot of people are concerned about Stafford's elbow pain. He's the toughest QB in the league.
  • TE12 - Cole Kmet - 93 targets should increase 20% or more, and likely won't have another season with zero TDs.
Love the Kmet call.

QB #14: Derek Carr
RB #28: Chase Edmonds
WR #32: Juju Smith-Schuster
TE #29: Cameron Brate

This is pretty much a winner except swap Goff at #27 in for Carr. Goff finished 24th last year with only 14 games. You can already count on Cleveland, Pitt, Atlanta, and Seattle swapping QBs. Wilson is already out wk 1 and two other QBs will miss time over the year. With Goff you have some built in margin for him to miss a game or two and still be on the right side of this call.

And that's why I pretty much love the rest of your calls. You have room for the player miss a game or two and them just showing up every week will b enough without any special performance.

QB 11 Russell Wilson DEN
Low hanging fruit, but anyone drafting Burrow ahead of Wilson might regret it.

RB 67 Isiah Pacheco KC
I realize he's on every sleeper list. Yes, he has very little draft pedigree. However, we've seen enough of CEH to know he's a pedestrian NFL RB. I don't see a scenario where Pacheco gets the majority of touches, but RB 67 is insane value.

WR 32 JuJu Smith-Schuster KC
Yes, JuJu has sucked recently. So did Big Ben. Mahomes is going to target JuJu around 120-140 times, and he will do well.

TE 21 Tyler Higbee LAR
Pretty insane value. Gesicki going 7 spots higher is a joke.

Q15 Cousins - Better fit with coaching staff
RB36 - R.Stevenson - If he just gets the passing down work and a full series here and there, he'll do it
WR42 - R. Woods - Dude always balls out, he'll be closer to 25 than 40
TE19 - Fant - Lots of talent and only 2 bonafide options around him on a team that will be trailing a lot
Bonus K18 - Blankenship, on a very good offense and those goggles man!

One Player At Every Position That Will Outperform ADP

QB #15 Kirk Cousins

RB #29 Damien Harris

WR #16 Courtland Sutton

TE #5 Darren Waller

15 cousins - excellent wrs and finally a coach that likes to throw, why not top 10?
31 k hunt - hunt was an rb1 for the past two years before injury. I'm going to keep beating this drum until everyone else on this forum is on the train
26 Godwin - let's say he really gets going by week 5. Sure his end of the year might be in the 20s but from when he gets a full compliment of snaps on he's the best inside WR Brady has ever had and will be a top ten guy for the rest of the season.
10 Knox - 2nd most snaps on buf last year and the trust of one of the best qbs in the game in the redzone. Buf traded up for him as a raw player and tes generally take a few years to develop anyway, so it's time for him to break out.

QB16 Tua Tagovailoa - If he can't produce with Tyreek/Waddle/Gesicki/Edmonds, it's never going to happen for him in the NFL. This rating is all about the quality of weapons at his disposal. I'm also intrigued by QB20 Jameis Winston and QB30 Davis Mills as backup flyers.

RB21 Josh Jacobs - Tempted to go with RB27 CEH, but I guess I'd like to see some actual production there before I bite too hard. Jacobs isn't flashy, but he usually delivers decent end of year numbers. I don't think Zamir White is good enough to supplant him and Ameer Abdullah hasn't been more than a bit player in many years. You have to think Jacobs will have a good number of touches. This team should score a solid amount of TDs and he's a good goal line back. Add it all up and it feels like RB21 is his floor if he stays healthy barring a big surprise.

WR20 DK Metcalf - At some point you just have to bank on the talent, even if the team has a run-first mentality and is shaping up to be a dumpster fire. I'll take my chances of Metcalf catching enough garbage time bombs to produce better than WR20 numbers when the dust settles. Honorable mention to WR45 Christian Kirk, WR57 Allen Lazard, WR62 Alec Pierce, and WR65 Nico Collins. Feels like it's a good year to pull the late round lever with some of these unheralded guys who figure to have high opportunity.

TE23 Hayden Hurst - It's a cop out answer because he could finish TE18 and still be fairly useless. I've always been a fan of the talent and he'll have his best passing QB ever in Burrow, with a clear line to the TE1 role on the team. The only issue is the number of mouths to feed. With Chase, Higgins, Boyd, and Mixon around, how many targets will be left? I'd be targeting Hurst in best ball formats and other places where something modest like the TE15 still has value. I'll be surprised if he has a true breakout season.

QB - Danny Dimes - QB 29. Trevor Lawrence QB 18, Davis Mills QB 30.
Danny Dimes finally has a solid o-line, and a capable coaching staff alongside a healthy Barkley and Toney. I'm not saying Dimes is going to be a top 10 QB but he put up respectable #s for a stretch last season, I think Daboll makes all the difference here. Mills should easily finish as a top 20 QB, and Lawrence will be a top 10 QB.

RB - Nick Chubb (rb10) - you've got a bunch of what-if players ahead of him. 55% of players who hVe previously injured a shoulder, reinjure it. ( Cook). CMC will NOT, repeat NOT play more than 8 games in 2022 he's only played in 10 of the last 30 games. Swift doesn't belong in the top 10.Derik Henry (5) doesn't belong there he's starting to see the injuries pile up. Najee Harris has Lis Franc injury and suspect line on a team poised to pas the ball a LOT more.
S. Barkley - (RB 11) - he's healthy in a Daboll offense with a much improved o-line with little talent at the WR position outside of Toney and Robinson. Quadzilla is in line for 70+recs and a TON of carries.
Darrell Henderson - RB 42 - c'mon man, Cam Akers at RB 17? wat?? Henderson is the legit #1 RB in this offense it will be painfully obvious just how bad Akers is on Thurs night. Not one single RB in the 100 year history of the NFL has ever returned from an Achilles' to be anything remotely CLOSE to what they were before the injury. Why do I feel like people just continually avoid this fact??
A. Mattison - RB 43..as previously stated, there is a 55% chance that Cook reinjures his shoulder. This is a guy who has a long history of injuries. His effectiveness has gone done in each of the past 3 seasons. Was that coaching? maybe. Was it the mileage starting show its wear on the tires? probably.

WR - Burks (45), D. Smith (36), Elijah Moore (35)
TE - I. Likely , TE 25. he passes the eyeball test with flying colors. he's not going to sit on the sidelines and be a spot player, he's going to be a starting TE in a 2-TE offense. Ravens have little else on the roster aside from Bateman and Andrews.
I drafted all of the mentioned WR's... I assure you, they will all suck and I am partially to blame 🤣

• QB: Daniel Jones at QB29 (ADP 196). I can see him above SEA, ATL, CLE who will already be swapping QBs.... Can he beat out one other team? I think he can.
  • RB: JD Mckissic at RB53 (ADP 158). Gibson had the role, lost the role, retaken the role because the other guy was injured... What we don't hear is that McKissic's role has changed. I expect a lot of dump passes from a team that will be behind. Should be easy to outperform RB53.
  • WR: Christian Kirk at WR41 (ADP 100). They didn't pay him to not be a monster on the field. I am expecting close to double digit targets for him as the Jags reassert themselves after last year's debacle. I could see Kirk inside the Top 25 if he becomes a focal point of the offense.
  • TE: Cole Kmet at TE12 (ADP 116). No TDs last year, but with a large target share. Do you think Pringle is taking touches away from him? I don't. I think his receptions go up and he scores some TDs. Should bump him up above Freirmuth and others.

• TE: Cole Kmet at TE12 (ADP 116). No TDs last year, but with a large target share. Do you think Pringle is taking touches away from him? I don't. I think his receptions go up and he scores some TDs. Should bump him up above Freirmuth and others.

The more I think about this, the more I see a top5 TE break out candidate.

QB - Winston - Great supporting cast and I think people are overlooking the Saints

RB - Zeke - I'm a believer his injury played a big part last season. Dallas will lean on him and I think he is up to the challenge. League winner for those who gambled.

WR - Kirk - 2022 version of Brandin Cooks. Think he could put up 90+ catches and 1,100 yards.

TE - Kmet - Somebody has to be 2nd in targets on this team

Not too many Nostradomuses (including myself). I did get Stevenson right, Cousins by a bit but whiffed on Woods, Fant and Blankenship.

TE #28: Taysom Hill (but a lot of the points will be accumulated in nontraditional ways for a TE)

This is a really good one if we give Lazard PPG instead of total points.

QB16 Tua Tagovailoa - If he can't produce with Tyreek/Waddle/Gesicki/Edmonds, it's never going to happen for him in the NFL. This rating is all about the quality of weapons at his disposal. I'm also intrigued by QB20 Jameis Winston and QB30 Davis Mills as backup flyers.

RB21 Josh Jacobs - Tempted to go with RB27 CEH, but I guess I'd like to see some actual production there before I bite too hard. Jacobs isn't flashy, but he usually delivers decent end of year numbers. I don't think Zamir White is good enough to supplant him and Ameer Abdullah hasn't been more than a bit player in many years. You have to think Jacobs will have a good number of touches. This team should score a solid amount of TDs and he's a good goal line back. Add it all up and it feels like RB21 is his floor if he stays healthy barring a big surprise.

WR20 DK Metcalf - At some point you just have to bank on the talent, even if the team has a run-first mentality and is shaping up to be a dumpster fire. I'll take my chances of Metcalf catching enough garbage time bombs to produce better than WR20 numbers when the dust settles. Honorable mention to WR45 Christian Kirk, WR57 Allen Lazard, WR62 Alec Pierce, and WR65 Nico Collins. Feels like it's a good year to pull the late round lever with some of these unheralded guys who figure to have high opportunity.

TE23 Hayden Hurst - It's a cop out answer because he could finish TE18 and still be fairly useless. I've always been a fan of the talent and he'll have his best passing QB ever in Burrow, with a clear line to the TE1 role on the team. The only issue is the number of mouths to feed. With Chase, Higgins, Boyd, and Mixon around, how many targets will be left? I'd be targeting Hurst in best ball formats and other places where something modest like the TE15 still has value. I'll be surprised if he has a true breakout season.

Think I would be 4/4 if Tua and Metcalf hadn't been slowed by injuries.

This is a really good one if we give Lazard PPG instead of total points.
In my main league which is non PPR, Tua is currently QB17 (7th PPG) and Lazard is WR32 (22nd PPG), both having missed multiple games. Herbert is RB32 and Hill is TE3

Think I would be 4/4 if Tua and Metcalf hadn't been slowed by injuries.
Was just scrolling through and was gonna post that you won the thread.

Reactions: EBF

Users who are viewing this thread