What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ongoing commentary on CHUG 2007 (1 Viewer)

Frank Black

Footballguy
I'm looking forward to rejoining CHUG next year. This year, I'll make some ongoing notes in this thread. Feel free to chime in.

WEEK 1

Here are the matchups that stand out to me.

Wheelmen v. Goldrush

Great game. Both of you have good looking teams. Wheelmen looks like he did a good job backing up his studs plus having other good RB depth. Goldrush, I imagine that it sucked watching Palmer gut out the win for Wheelmen on Monday night while you had no one to play on Monday night. I often find myself in that position.

Misfits v. B&G Gunners

I was worried about Misfits when Manning and Wayne for B&G Gunners jumped out on him Thursday night for 62 points. Yet, Misfits made a dramatic comeback with the likes of Curry helping to lead the charge. Misfits, for the first time in this 4-year league, you know what it's like to have the #1 FF RB on your team. LT will help bail you out of a few jams this season. As for B&G, I know what it feels like to have both of your starting RBs flop.

Short Bus v. TD

Short Bus, you won ugly in this one. Thank goodness you have Gates to bail you out. Your WR corp is . . . . TD, I'm sorry that Stallworth didn't work out for you this weekend, but I believe he'll rebound. Besides, does anyone really believe that Moss will hold up all season? I personally think you fielded the slightly better team this week, but Gates is a monster. Starting Lewis instead of F Taylor would have got you the win, but why would you have started Lewis against such a bad matchup? Tough loss. TD, you're my sentimental favorite, so I'm counting on you to rebound next week!

Last edited by a moderator:
Way to take a year off from fantasy football, guy. :lol:
I know, right? :lol: Well, I'm actually playing in 2 other leagues, but CHUG has been my main league for 3 years. This year, I could not make the draft because I was out of the country so I gave up my team for this season. I

WEEK 2

Wow, there were some real A--S--S beatings this week. Wheels with 165 points over Misfits with 77 points really hurts. One team scores more than twice another team score. ;) :shrug: Palmer for Wheels scores 55 points while A. Smith for Misfits only scores 6 points. Not much anyone can do about that. So many of Misfits' starters let him down.

This game brings out a mixed feeling for me about some of my own games, such as week 2 in Omega. When you would have lost regardless of who you started, do you feel better or worse? There were no interesting games in CHUG this week to talk about, but I think I'll start a poll on this subject of losing by large margins.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I'm actually playing in 2 other leagues, but CHUG has been my main league for 3 years. This year, I could not make the draft because I was out of the country so I gave up my team for this season.
We missed you at the draft, it gets more fun each year. Look forward to having you back in '08.This thread is hysterical btw :shrug:

WEEK 4

Week 3 wasn't worth writing about - no interesting games that were close. However, week 4 was a different story!

Short Bus defeats Combovers: 106.2 to 105.9 - - victory by .3 OF A POINT!

What makes this match so intersting is the matchups. Short Bus had an inferior starting lineup of Trent Green (Brees was on bye), Norwood and Watson (Portis was on bye), Branch, Edwards and Welker and Gates.

Now, look at who Combover started: Kitna, Gore, Jones, S. SMITH, TJ HOUSH, DRIVER, and Watson.

For the love of God, you would think that Combovers would have the edge, but FF is a cruel sport. :confused: Both teams had 2 players playing on MNF, and I imagine that both managers watched every second of the game.

Goldrush defeats Misfits: 117.4 to 112.7

Goldrush must have been disappointed when he saw Culpepper (who he bench) score 36 points and Big Ben (who he benched) score 24 points. He started Rivers who scored only 8 points. :unsure: In the end, it didn't matter because Misfits was doomed regardless of who Misfits started.

Misfits, my brother, what a rough week. LT finally came to life for you. However, when your 3 WRs collectively score less than 17 points, the odds are against you. Too bad Colston was on bye. You finally get LT on your team, and what do you get? A 1-3 record. Sorry, my brother.

Paper Shredders defeats Wheelmen: 118.2 to 115.2

Paper, it must be interesting having both Leinart and Warner as your backups. Good luck deciding which one to play when Cutler goes on bye. You better also hope that Walker comes back soon from the way things look. Cutler isn't going to have many rushing TDs.

Wheels, you really got victimized by Jordan (no fault there because of injury), Parker and Harrison. One would think that on MNF, the NE kicker would not be enough to hold off a charge by your starters Palmer and the Pats Def. Never underestimate a NE kicker, I guess. :unsure:

Wheels could have started Jenkins vs. Texans instead of V. Jackson vs. Chiefs, but that's a tough call. Jenkins went off in week 4, but Jenkins vs. R. White is a crapshoot so far for ATL. Also, despite a subpar week 1 and 2 by Jackson, Jackson did post 6/98/1TD in week 3 against GB. I suppose the fates were against you.

Juggernauts defeats Booze Hounds: 160 points to 91 points

This game gets an honorable mention because I am not used to seeing Booze get beat down so bad in our league, as the 2 time champ.

Good luck to all in week 5!

Users who are viewing this thread