What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Orphan Black - New BBC Series (1 Viewer)

Just watched two seasons on two weeks with just enough time to see the 2 finale yesterday. Love this show.
Just did the same.Show can get wobbly at times but more often a thrill ride. It's like whenever you want something to happen is instantly does. Mainlining.

Maslany is putting up an all-time performance. I know nothing about her. Never seen her outside the show. I have no idea which character more closely resembles her real-life personality or if any do. The physicality of the various performances are masterful. The differences between Alison and Sarah are incredible.

Put me down for team Rachel. The scene with Paul? :o
Yeah, they don't mess around about chewing through plot. When it's time for something cool to happen, it happens, and they move on to the next thing.

I actually did see Maslany a couple weeks ago in a part of "The Vow" while flipping through channels. She's Channing Tatum's assistant. I think I'm going to go watch the whole thing just to see if she's in it more. If I had know that Jason Katims wrote it and Maslany was in it, I'd have watched it long ago.

Maslany has been asked that question, and I think she answers that she's generally more of a Cosima.

Just finished Season 1, loved it.

One of my favorite parts was when Sarah was going into the Hotel, dressed as the German, to a German version of "These Boots are made for Walking"

Cracked me up

Also, I see no mention of, on a conspiracy based show, that one of the most leveled headed characters on the show is named Art Bell?

Just finished Ep4 of S1. It's ok so far and I'll probably keep watching since nothing else is on but does it get much better? I don't hate it but it's hard getting past the horrible acting of almost everyone besides the lead actress. The brother, the partner, her original boyfriend all are really bad. She's at least compelling enough to stick with it for now but I'm not sure I'll last if it doesn't drastically improve.
It certainly picks up, but there's a bit of a lull from episodes 4-7 IIRC. The last few episodes of the season are fantastic.

Though, I'd guess that if you are on the fence now, it might just not be the show for you. Under no circumstances would I ever recommend for anyone to stop watching Orphan Black though.

Felix comes off as a mildly offensive, ridiculous cartoonish character at first, but he really grows on you as the series goes on.

He's awesome, and after a while you even start to respect that they stuck with old-school flamoyant take on him. You don't see it so much anymore and it works for him.

Paul will not. He's terrible and remains that way. As the series goes on though, he's less important, so he doesn't get in the way too much. Same with Victor.

Not sure if you've met Donnie yet, but if you haven't, you won't be a fan of him either for quite a while, but he goes from useless to awesome at some point in the series.

The series does have a problem in the lack of compelling characters not played by Maslany, but some are on the way and, mostly, you'll just grow to love the ones played by Maslany so much it doesn't matter.
Yikes to the bolded. Not sure if I'll survive that but I'll try. Thanks for the reply.
I thought we had seen through ep4 but actually only saw the first 3. Eps. 4&5 were pretty good and might be enough to push us through the whole season.

Just finished Season 1, loved it.

One of my favorite parts was when Sarah was going into the Hotel, dressed as the German, to a German version of "These Boots are made for Walking"

Cracked me up

Also, I see no mention of, on a conspiracy based show, that one of the most leveled headed characters on the show is named Art Bell?
o man I didnt connect the art bell thing before. thats good stuff.

Stuck with it through the whole season and glad we did. Like it a lot and will stick with it through season 2. As has been mentioned, I don't know how Maslany doesn't get Emmy recognition. What an amazing performance. I'm kind of a stickler for the dual role on screen thing and I don't think I saw a single instance the entire season where you could see the edit with her playing against herself. Not once! Really impressive. Totally agree with Cosima being the hottest, I mean come on...not even close, imo. But her best performance was as Helena. OK, maybe not her best since she's so diverse but that really stood out to me.

I'll give it a little time before getting into season 2 but I'm in.

Only 2 episodes left in Season 2, fully into it now. Not sure I like Tony though but Felix did grow on me as was predicted earlier in the thread.

Is a 3rd season happening?

Yeah, I suspect OB will stay on the air about as long as they care too.

I assume BBCA is banking on OB putting them on the original programming map ala Mad Men/AMC. Critically acclaimed, and the ratings are great for BBCA. They generally get about 1.5 million viewers (live plus 7). I figure some mass Amazon binging before Season 3 could see that bump up quite a bit

I've also wondered how cheap the show is to make. I wonder what the trade off is for not having to pay as many actors with the added cost/time to film the multi-clone scenes.

Caught up now via Netflix, I think season 1 was a bit better than 2, but still a great show all around and looking forward to S3. They opened up some interesting options for the future seasons in the finale, enough so that I'm able to look past the dance party.

Maslany is putting up an all-time performance. I know nothing about her. Never seen her outside the show. I have no idea which character more closely resembles her real-life personality or if any do. The physicality of the various performances are masterful. The differences between Alison and Sarah are incredible.

Put me down for team Rachel. The scene with Paul? :o
I was curious about this after S1 and went looking for YouTube vids of Tatiana being interviewed. She says that her personality is most like Cosima's because of the sarcasm, and it's also not hard to see in her interviews that's she's a really sharp-witted person, so that fits. Accent-wise, her real voice is either Cosima or Sarah-as-Beth. As far as looks, she dresses somewhere in between Sarah and Beth.

One more note on the accent, two English expats that I introduced to the show were sure that Tatiana was from the Thames Estuary because of her Sarah accent, and were impressed how she altered the accent subtly for Rachel to be more "posh." They were stunned to find out that she's Canadian. Just another astounding aspect of TM's acting.

Yeah, that Rachel scene. Hot.

The show is a huge success for BBCA and is definitely renewed for S3. There's already a preview trailer out online. :thumbup:

Ok i just watched season 1 on Amazon and I love this show. But i was disappointed to see season 2 is $2 an episode. Is there anywhere to watch this for free? Does anyone think BBC will run a marathon of season 2 before season 3 starts? I know networks sometimes do that and I dont mind waiting until April.

Anyway about this show, I love the main actress. shes so hot and I like figuring which version of her I like better. I think Im partial to Allison. Shes also extremely talented the way she plays each character so differently. The one small complaint I have about this show is the annoying background music in nearly every scene. Its distracting and completely unneccessary. Even during a few sex scenes it seems so corny like a Skinamax flick.

Ok i just watched season 1 on Amazon and I love this show. But i was disappointed to see season 2 is $2 an episode. Is there anywhere to watch this for free? Does anyone think BBC will run a marathon of season 2 before season 3 starts? I know networks sometimes do that and I dont mind waiting until April.

Anyway about this show, I love the main actress. shes so hot and I like figuring which version of her I like better. I think Im partial to Allison. Shes also extremely talented the way she plays each character so differently. The one small complaint I have about this show is the annoying background music in nearly every scene. Its distracting and completely unneccessary. Even during a few sex scenes it seems so corny like a Skinamax flick.
I don't think I ever noticed the music as a distraction.

I watched it on Netflix and some that were on a marathon. I don't doubt BBCA will do another marathon, even before the 3rd season.

Yeah, probably will re-air on BBC and also likely that season 2 will be free once season 3 is on or done.

Watched one episode in Season 2. No idea what's going on but it looks cool. Will be checking out first season.

Lost but who cares because Tatiana Maslany is back.
i had to read a recap cuz that was the most confusing storyline ever. Between project Leda, Dyad, project Castor, Topside, multiple men clones, delphine, Helsinki, the bad guy who they had to pretend Rachel was ok, and Helena talking to a scorpion (which was awesome by the way) my head was spinning

Last edited by a moderator:
The show continues to struggle under the weight of its countless characters and countless story lines, but I'm here every week for Maslany. In particular, Helena has been incredible this year. What an awesome character.

Chase Stuart said:
The show continues to struggle under the weight of its countless characters and countless story lines, but I'm here every week for Maslany. In particular, Helena has been incredible this year. What an awesome character.
:goodposting:

Seems like they've taken on too much. I know we all here were having to go into the wayback machine to get a handle on who was who and how they got there. Was much simpler when it was just Sarah and the sisters. Still fun though.

After watching 2 seasons in a week it is time to find out if this works as a weekly series.
I binged the first two season last summer and loved it. Watched the first this season and was lost and not interested in keeping up. Guess I'll wait another month and then have a marathon, although based on the lack of posts this season I'm not sure it is worth that.

:goodposting: Seems like they've taken on too much. I know we all here were having to go into the wayback machine to get a handle on who was who and how they got there. Was much simpler when it was just Sarah and the sisters. Still fun though.
It seems that they've streamlined the last couple of weeks to make it more digestible. A return to greatness...

Just finished watching season 3. A bit all over the place at times but Maslany continues to impress. I'm just not sure if I'm in for another season though. Might be it for me.

btw - I don't remember...what happened to the male character she played last season? Did he die or did they just write that character off?

Just finished watching season 3. A bit all over the place at times but Maslany continues to impress. I'm just not sure if I'm in for another season though. Might be it for me.

btw - I don't remember...what happened to the male character she played last season? Did he die or did they just write that character off?
Think they realized they pushed it a little bit too far with that character.

I'm the same way. Pretty sure I'm done. I enjoyed it but it's run it's course. At least to me.

This is looking like one of those shows that starts out really good with all the mystery then gets disappointing as you start to get answers. Kind of like Prison Break where only the first was any good

Users who are viewing this thread