What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pat Angerer (1 Viewer)

vipersteve

Footballguy
How long is he out? Is he worth stashing if on the waiver wire?

Jerrell Freeman is doing really well. Looking for a long term outlook for Indy.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
How long is he out? Is he worth stashing if on the waiver wire?Jerrell Freeman is doing really well. Looking for a long term outlook for Indy.Thanks
Reports at time of injury said at least six weeks which would put him out at least until first of October.In week 1, Freeman was in on more snaps (75/77) than Conner (45/77). Week 2, Freeman was again in for more snaps (68/70) than Conner (38/70).

Freeman was already in line to be the subpackage LB before Angerer was injured. He is a must own in all leagues & that should hopefully continue even when Angerer is back

Freeman was already in line to be the subpackage LB before Angerer was injured. He is a must own in all leagues & that should hopefully continue even when Angerer is back
It will be a little tough to predict what will happen, but I think the sure things are that 1) Angerer will play on running downs (his strength)2) Freeman will play on passing downs (his strength)Will Connor or Freeman play on running downs? (seems like Connor should play)The coaches have only said that they will mix and match the LBs. Any other insights appreciated....

So Green Bay is a heavy passing team, so trending towards freeman, but looking at past games Freeman was on every down while Connor was being replaced by Foiku in sub package situations

It will be a little tough to predict what will happen, but I think the sure things are that 1) Angerer will play on running downs (his strength)2) Freeman will play on passing downs (his strength)Will Connor or Freeman play on running downs? (seems like Connor should play)The coaches have only said that they will mix and match the LBs. Any other insights appreciated....

I'm having Bench space issues due to the bye weeks

Been waiting on Angerer to start playing, and am even wondering if he'll be all that great once he does (I have McCarthy playing now, who's really hurt me as I had to play him or drop him).

My question:

I can pick up AJ Hawk or Perry Riley if I drop Angerer.

Should I keep Angerer, or will his production likely be equal to AJ Hawk's?

I'm having Bench space issues due to the bye weeksBeen waiting on Angerer to start playing, and am even wondering if he'll be all that great once he does (I have McCarthy playing now, who's really hurt me as I had to play him or drop him).My question:I can pick up AJ Hawk or Perry Riley if I drop Angerer.Should I keep Angerer, or will his production likely be equal to AJ Hawk's?
Choose Angerer over Hawk. Riley's a closer call. Probably roll Riley if you're talking single season and Angerer longer term but both should be good for both formats

Another good thing about Angerer and Riley, they have 2 of the best home scorekeepers in the NFL. Redskin and Colt defensive players get mad assists, if your league counts them

Another good thing about Angerer and Riley, they have 2 of the best home scorekeepers in the NFL. Redskin and Colt defensive players get mad assists, if your league counts them
This does make a huge difference. London Fletcher for example is averaging 3.3 tackles per game on the road but 14.7 in Home games. He is getting 8 assists per game at home. Lol

Thing that scares me about Angerer is that they are talking about rotating him and Freeman since Freeman has played so well. Could be a nasty 3 man rotation with Angerer, Freeman, and Connor. Kinda like what Denver was doing with Woodyard and Brooking and how Philly and NYG rotate their LBs in packages.

For your issues, I'd probably drop Angerer for Hawk since I suspect he'll be the beneficiary of Smith's injury more than Brad Jones. But Jene would be the man to ask.

according to Rotoworld:

Colts ILB Pat Angerer (foot) will be active for Week 7 against the Browns, but will come off the bench.Jerrell Freeman will get the start. The two inside 'backers figure to form a rotation, creating an IDP situation to avoid.
Is this a situation that's going to go a couple of weeks before he's able to start?If so, I gotta drop him and get someone else in the lineup.Between McCarthy and Angerer, I have no bench space, and need 2 players...Thanks for any input!

Freeman still seems to be the guy to own in Indy. I read somewhere the coach said he is hoping to have Freeman and Angerer as the 2 inside guys eventually, maybe Angerer just isn't up to full health yet.

The Jags scorekeeper was brutal last night, I am not sure he gave a single assist the entire night. Freemane should have had at least a few assists and maybe half a sack and a couple more tackles.

Agree on Angerer, something is either still wrong or the team is going in a different direction, cause he was barely on the field.

The Jags scorekeeper was brutal last night, I am not sure he gave a single assist the entire night. Freemane should have had at least a few assists and maybe half a sack and a couple more tackles. Agree on Angerer, something is either still wrong or the team is going in a different direction, cause he was barely on the field.
I went ahead and cut him for a 3 down player that got dropped during waivers.

So assuming Angerer's season is a lost one, is he worth keeping in dynasty leagues based on a likely return to last year's production or are those days lost and gone forever?

So assuming Angerer's season is a lost one, is he worth keeping in dynasty leagues based on a likely return to last year's production or are those days lost and gone forever?
:popcorn:
Jene and company, it's obvious that Angerer isn't playing hardly at all and probably won't the rest of this year. I have no idea why this has happened, do you? I'm not worried about getting him back this year, but in a dynasty league, is he going to get his job back next year? He is so much better than the garbage they are using (except Freeman, I know he is good), but this coaching staff didn't draft him and before he got hurt, Freeman was not going to happen. Any chance he returns to glory next year? I'm more upset about not seeing him blow up RBs and TEs in my games than I am not getting his IPD production. He is/was one of my favorites!

'KellysHeroes said:
:popcorn:
hes signed for less than 600k next yr so he'll probably still be on Indy next yr; I'll most likely cut bait over the off-season
I do believe is a free agent after the season?
Per rotoworld :[x]7/29/2010: Signed a four-year, $3.14 million contract. The deal contains $1.35 million guaranteed, including a $1.01 million signing bonus. 2012: $540,000 (+ $340,000 roster bonus), 2013: $575,000, 2014: Free Agent

Is Angerer guaranteed to get his job back?

I always thought he was an average player that had a great situation (Terrible Defense + ton of tackle opps) plus a ridiculous stat keeper at home that gives tons of assist tackles out.

He graded out pretty poorly in '11 and had 20 missed tackles.

Obviously if he returns to the situation that he was in back in '11 he has value but the Colts are a better team now.

Another foot surgery today. Hate seeing it as I've been a big fan of his dating back to school...but I'm glad I jumped ship when I did.

Users who are viewing this thread