What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Patriots being investigated after Colts game (1 Viewer)

Percent of NFL teams actively trying to steal play sheets?

• 0%

Votes: 90 33.0%
  • 25%

Votes: 91 33.3%
  • 50%

Votes: 19 7.0%
  • 75%

Votes: 16 5.9%
  • 100%

Votes: 57 20.9%

• Total voters
[icon] said:
I'm assuming we've found that smoking gun by now right? Or are we donning the tinfoil hats and crying conspiracy/coverup again?

Just getting up to speed on what stage we're at.
depends on the 'we'

salty pats hating trolls might still be in the anger stage, or possibly moved on to grieving

could we get this thread pinned?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12273929/arthur-blank-atlanta-falcons-owner-upset-circumstances-led-georgia-dome-crowd-noise-investigation

"We were advised by the league probably in November or so," Blank said of the investigation. "We fully cooperated with their investigation. They haven't published it yet.
That part caught my eye. First, the Falcons were notified in November and presumably stopped doing it. No scandal, no -gate crap.

Secondly, it never leaked (to my knowledge) until this past week. Amazing how the league office was able to do that.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12273929/arthur-blank-atlanta-falcons-owner-upset-circumstances-led-georgia-dome-crowd-noise-investigation

"We were advised by the league probably in November or so," Blank said of the investigation. "We fully cooperated with their investigation. They haven't published it yet.
That part caught my eye. First, the Falcons were notified in November and presumably stopped doing it. No scandal, no -gate crap.

Secondly, it never leaked (to my knowledge) until this past week. Amazing how the league office was able to do that.
Wrong thread.

Wrong thread.
Entirely relevant as a comparison to deflategate.

Wrong thread.
It applies here as well. Contrasting the different approaches the league office used with NE vs ATL. I wanted to keep that perspective in a NE thread.

Dammit, now all the "integrity of the game" guys in here are going to run for another 100 pages!

:tumbleweed:

Wrong thread.
It applies here as well. Contrasting the different approaches the league office used with NE vs ATL. I wanted to keep that perspective in a NE thread.
Didn't the Colts do this year's back? How was that handled?

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/patriots-accuse-colts-artificial-noise-rca-dome-article-1.255652

I didn't know that it was NE that complained about the Colts. Adds an interesting twist to this soap opera.

Now it's the Patriots who are accusing somebody else of cheating.

New England team president Jonathan Kraft stirred up the Patriots-Colts rivalry by asking the NFL to investigate whether the Colts piped in artificial crowd noise into the RCA Dome during the Patriots' 24-20 victory in Indianapolis on Sunday.

During a play when the Patriots had the ball, a skip could be heard in the crowd noise on the CBS telecast - some fans at the game reported they heard it as well - but the NFL cleared the Colts of any wrongdoing yesterday.

"CBS has informed us that the unusual audio moment heard by fans during the Patriots-Colts telecast was the result of tape feedback in the CBS production truck and was isolated to the CBS broadcast," league spokesman Greg Aiello said in a statement. "It was in no way related to any sound within the stadium and could not be heard in the stadium."

The Colts clearly were steamed over the Pats' request and previous speculation that they enhanced crowd noise during their games. At the end of a statement the club released with the NFL's stance, the Colts gave the Patriots and anybody else who doubts them a piece of their mind.

"We trust this will put an end to the ridiculous and unfounded accusations that the Colts artificially enhanced crowd noise at the RCA Dome in any way," the Colts' statement said.

According to Yahoo! Sports, Kraft asked NFL vice president of security Milt Ahlerich to investigate. At times, the crowd noise was deafening during the game.

"I don't know how you measure levels of being deaf, but we couldn't hear anything out there," Patriots quarterback Tom Brady said after the win.

Of course, it was the Patriots who were caught cheating when they illegally filmed coaching calls from the Jets sideline during a Week 1 win at the Meadowlands. The NFL fined Bill Belichick $500,000 and the Patriots $250,000 and took away a first-round draft pick.

Colts GM Ryan Grigson has been revealed as the league's source in the "Deflategate" scandal.
According to NFL executive Troy Vincent, Grigson brought the issue to the league's attention "some time during the second quarter" of the AFC Championship Game. The balls, as you've probably heard by now, were then inspected at halftime. The NFL's investigation into the apparent scandal of the century remains ongoing.

what a #### !!!!!!

Colts GM Ryan Grigson has been revealed as the league's source in the "Deflategate" scandal.
According to NFL executive Troy Vincent, Grigson brought the issue to the league's attention "some time during the second quarter" of the AFC Championship Game. The balls, as you've probably heard by now, were then inspected at halftime. The NFL's investigation into the apparent scandal of the century remains ongoing.

what a #### !!!!!!
Wow I was only half serious about the Irsay conspiracy.

This is pretty ####.

"CBS has informed us that the unusual audio moment heard by fans during the Patriots-Colts telecast was the result of tape feedback in the CBS production truck and was isolated to the CBS broadcast," league spokesman Greg Aiello said in a statement. "It was in no way related to any sound within the stadium and could not be heard in the stadium."

Repost:

Bill Simmons said this about Goodell in Sept. (The comparison is to spygate)

"This Ray Rice thing's much worse, but, it still has the same elements of that last one. Of him, he has a buddy who owns a team and he's trying to make something go away as fast as possible."

he's trying to make something go away as fast as possible

Wrong thread.
Apples and oranges. The Pats have a pattern of ignoring league warnings

Wrong thread.
http://www.stampedeblue.com/2014/9/30/6876139/ravens-coach-john-harbaugh-brings-up-colts-crowd-noise-rumors-again

No punishment because CBS took the blame. The article also discusses the NFL investigating the Colts in 2005. So.....2005 and 2007 the Colts were looked at. They won SB in 2006. Tainted?

Last edited by a moderator:

Wrong thread.
http://www.stampedeblue.com/2014/9/30/6876139/ravens-coach-john-harbaugh-brings-up-colts-crowd-noise-rumors-again

No punishment because CBS took the blame. The article also discusses the NFL investigating the Colts in 2005. So.....2005 and 2007 the Colts were looked at. They won SB in 2006. Tainted?
In 2006 were the Indianapolis Colts the New England Patriots?

Wrong thread.
Is the Patriots "pattern of ignoring league warnings" the same as the "culture of cheating" we keep hearing about from Salty Haters? The "culture of cheating" accusation has no evidence to support it, because the Patriots were punished 1x for Spygate, but the NFL has not said they were cheating since then. 1x makes a pattern?

The Salty Haters have a "culture of lying", because they repeat the "culture of cheating" lie over and over again.

Please provide some evidence of the Patriots "pattern of ignoring league warnings".

Wrong thread.

I think beating rex grossman is taint enough

Wrong thread.

In 2006 were the Indianapolis Colts the New England Patriots?
In hindsight, one could argue that maybe the Colts should have been looked at more closely since their SB win was sandwiched between 2 different investigations. Again, just contrasting the different ways that the Patriots are examined compared to the Colts back then and the Falcons this season

Wrong thread.
Is the Patriots "pattern of ignoring league warnings" the same as the "culture of cheating" we keep hearing about from Salty Haters? The "culture of cheating" accusation has no evidence to support it, because the Patriots were punished 1x for Spygate, but the NFL has not said they were cheating since then. 1x makes a pattern?

The Salty Haters have a "culture of lying", because they repeat the "culture of cheating" lie over and over again.

Please provide some evidence of the Patriots "pattern of ignoring league warnings".
lol. I can't show you all the ignored warnings because they were internal league warnings, not publicized investigations like spy-gate, walkthrough-gate, and deflate-gate

Wrong thread.

lol. I can't show you all the ignored warnings because they were internal league warnings, not publicized investigations like spy-gate, walkthrough-gate, and deflate-gate
Oh I see. So you have no evidence at all to support your claim the Patriots have a "pattern of ignoring league warnings"? Sounds legit. :shrug:

Wrong thread.

Oh I see. So you have no evidence at all to support your claim the Patriots have a "pattern of ignoring league warnings"? Sounds legit. :shrug:
psst... he's on the same side as you.

double psst... it's pretty well known the league issued a notice about enforcing the sideline taping in the offseason before NE was "caught" ( in quotes, because they didn't try to hide it or deny it in any way )

triple psst... They just won another Super Bowl. Enjoy it.

Meh. Maybe its me getting old and giving a crap ...I've hated the Patriots for a long time. Really didn't want them to get another SB in BB and Brady era...but oh well. I've decided everything (we know) BB has done to "cheat" in the end didn't add much to their effort. He's just arrogant and likes to push the envelope...do things his way. After the Ravens game and Superbowl (and especially the SB since we know the balls were to spec;) -- > its really to me simply that nobody can stop the dink and dunk scheme even though we all know its coming. Props to the Patriots for finding a winning system. And defense does ok too...

mbuehner, on 02 Feb 2015 - 11:53 PM, said:

Road Warriors, on 02 Feb 2015 - 8:53 PM, said:

GoBirds, on 02 Feb 2015 - 8:23 PM, said:

Road Warriors, on 02 Feb 2015 - 7:06 PM, said:

GoBirds, on 02 Feb 2015 - 1:24 PM, said:

SeniorVBDStudent, on 02 Feb 2015 - 12:44 PM, said:

rappaport said one ball 2 lbs under, 3 or 4 a half pound under, and the rest just a tick under.

Now ask yourself: which is better, a uniform set of ball pressures or an assortment?

The clue bird is hovering nearby kids.
If you are a QB, just because they allow 12 game balls, why would you use them all? Wouldn't you pick one you like and go with it? If you aren't playing well maybe try another....but all 12?
You realize the ball boys hand the refs the balls to get put in play. The ball in play is rotating all the time. And in the AFC title game, the ball would be changed out even more frequently due to rain.
So you think all 12 really get used? How often do they rotate them and is there a rule for this or just up to the ball boy on each team?
I have no idea. A throw goes out of bounds, ball boy hands a ball to the side judge. Rainy game, they have a toweled off ball ready to go. I do know the QB doesn't get to go choose a ball. Maybe it's just time you just let this go.
Seriously. Has this guy ever seen a football game, much less one in the rain? A better question is... why the hell would sneak into a mens room to only let the air out of one ball? And hope it doesnt end up in the crowd? This is just abject idiocy at this point.
Obviously you don't have an objective opinion on this, I was just asking the question. At this point it doesn't really matter if the Pats were breaking rules again they won the big one so who cares. OH the NFL might take a 5th round pick and fine them $100k......anyone would take that for a Superbowl win. Just makes the NFL look clueless for the 10th time this year.
Objectively - show us an instance where you have seen a QB pick which ball is brought in each play.

You chose a poor angle to argue here, and you keep digging deeper.
I've never focused on the ballboy during a game that's why I was asking. My assumption would be a few get used but doubt all 12 are needed. Please confirm if you have know for fact what their process is.
Sure. When a ball is thrown out of bounds, or gets too wet, or... whatever - the ref looks to the sideline and gets another ball.

Rocket science.

ok, just for the record, there is not one broadcaster, player, former player, poster, or homeless person in this country that gaf about this issue

mbuehner, on 02 Feb 2015 - 11:53 PM, said:

Road Warriors, on 02 Feb 2015 - 8:53 PM, said:

GoBirds, on 02 Feb 2015 - 8:23 PM, said:

Road Warriors, on 02 Feb 2015 - 7:06 PM, said:

GoBirds, on 02 Feb 2015 - 1:24 PM, said:

SeniorVBDStudent, on 02 Feb 2015 - 12:44 PM, said:

rappaport said one ball 2 lbs under, 3 or 4 a half pound under, and the rest just a tick under.

Now ask yourself: which is better, a uniform set of ball pressures or an assortment?

The clue bird is hovering nearby kids.
If you are a QB, just because they allow 12 game balls, why would you use them all? Wouldn't you pick one you like and go with it? If you aren't playing well maybe try another....but all 12?
You realize the ball boys hand the refs the balls to get put in play. The ball in play is rotating all the time. And in the AFC title game, the ball would be changed out even more frequently due to rain.
So you think all 12 really get used? How often do they rotate them and is there a rule for this or just up to the ball boy on each team?
I have no idea. A throw goes out of bounds, ball boy hands a ball to the side judge. Rainy game, they have a toweled off ball ready to go. I do know the QB doesn't get to go choose a ball. Maybe it's just time you just let this go.
Seriously. Has this guy ever seen a football game, much less one in the rain? A better question is... why the hell would sneak into a mens room to only let the air out of one ball? And hope it doesnt end up in the crowd? This is just abject idiocy at this point.
Obviously you don't have an objective opinion on this, I was just asking the question. At this point it doesn't really matter if the Pats were breaking rules again they won the big one so who cares. OH the NFL might take a 5th round pick and fine them $100k......anyone would take that for a Superbowl win. Just makes the NFL look clueless for the 10th time this year.
Objectively - show us an instance where you have seen a QB pick which ball is brought in each play.

You chose a poor angle to argue here, and you keep digging deeper.
I've never focused on the ballboy during a game that's why I was asking. My assumption would be a few get used but doubt all 12 are needed. Please confirm if you have know for fact what their process is.
Sure. When a ball is thrown out of bounds, or gets too wet, or... whatever - the ref looks to the sideline and gets another ball.

Rocket science.
Because it takes such a long time to retrieve a ball on the sidelines.....you are a clown.

So best case scenario for Pats was the balls were inflated to their lowest possible legal level? Then each lost pressure during the game based on their usage with the most used ones losing more?

So best case scenario for Pats was the balls were inflated to their lowest possible legal level? Then each lost pressure during the game based on their usage with the most used ones losing more?
We don't even know if they lost any significant pressure at all.

Because it takes such a long time to retrieve a ball on the sidelines.....you are a clown.
You really have never watched an NFL game have you.

You think that after a ball is thrown 50 yards down field, lands 10 yards out of bounds, the refs should "hustle" down there and get THAT ball .... instead of taking one of the two footballs that the ball boy is holding at the line of scrimmage ?

Hold on Sanchez .... no quick snaps here. We gotta go get the ball.

Here's an idea ... Buy a ticket to a game instead of just watching highlights on ESPN.

Bossman, on 04 Feb 2015 - 07:16 AM, said:
GoBirds, on 04 Feb 2015 - 12:12 AM, said:
matuski, on 03 Feb 2015 - 11:26 PM, said:

You think that after a ball is thrown 50 yards down field, lands 10 yards out of bounds, the refs should "hustle" down there and get THAT ball .... instead of taking one of the two footballs that the ball boy is holding at the line of scrimmage ?

Here's an idea ... Buy a ticket to a game instead of just watching highlights on ESPN.
Yeah, never watched a game good call there. Your example is easily accomplished with 2 balls.....throw the other one in and then by the time the next play is over the ball from the 50 yard throw out of bounds (that happens once a game) is back. Way to be a tool though, pretty work.

Bossman, on 04 Feb 2015 - 07:16 AM, said:
GoBirds, on 04 Feb 2015 - 12:12 AM, said:
matuski, on 03 Feb 2015 - 11:26 PM, said:

Yeah, never watched a game good call there. Your example is easily accomplished with 2 balls.....throw the other one in and then by the time the next play is over the ball from the 50 yard throw out of bounds (that happens once a game) is back. Way to be a tool though, pretty work.
You should post your question to the league office. The officiating crew is given 12 balls to work with. How they rotate the balls would be up to them. I'm not sure why you continue to worry about whether one or all 12 balls are used. As it's been noted, the officials choose the balls that go in the game, not the QB. So I don't see how any of your questions matter, in any way.

Imagine if one football got thrown into the stands and another got put in a duffel bag for a rookie's first touchdown. They'd have to cancel the game.

Road Warriors, on 04 Feb 2015 - 10:18 AM, said:
GoBirds, on 04 Feb 2015 - 10:04 AM, said:
Bossman, on 04 Feb 2015 - 07:16 AM, said:Bossman, on 04 Feb 2015 - 07:16 AM, said:
GoBirds, on 04 Feb 2015 - 12:12 AM, said:GoBirds, on 04 Feb 2015 - 12:12 AM, said:
matuski, on 03 Feb 2015 - 11:26 PM, said:matuski, on 03 Feb 2015 - 11:26 PM, said:

You should post your question to the league office. The officiating crew is given 12 balls to work with. How they rotate the balls would be up to them. I'm not sure why you continue to worry about whether one or all 12 balls are used. As it's been noted, the officials choose the balls that go in the game, not the QB. So I don't see how any of your questions matter, in any way.
Mostly the notion that they all would be deflated evenly so I asked the question if all are really used. Just a question, but no one has a solid answer just looking to grill me over a question I guess. So apparently in today's game with a lot of no huddle/hurry up the crew is making sure to rotate all the balls so ball #11 sees enough action and then there's all those 80 yard bombs where the ball disappears for the whole game. Never seen a game, just wondering guys thanks for the intelligent answers.

He's just arrogant and likes to push the envelope...do things his way.
Arrogant to who? The media? Can you blame him? As we have seen from the past few weeks, the sports media as a whole is a pretty useless bunch.

You can keep your cheerleader Pete Carrolls and Rex Ryans who give good press conferences and loves the media. I'll stick with the greatest coach to ever to coach this game and his FU's to them..

Another casualty of the fickle ##### we call Karma:

#BREAKING: D'Qwell Jackson, 31-year-old linebacker for the #Indianapolis #Colts, arrested yesterday in DC for simple assault. @wusa9

10:12 AM - 4 Feb 2015

General Tso said:
Another casualty of the fickle ##### we call Karma:

#BREAKING: D'Qwell Jackson, 31-year-old linebacker for the #Indianapolis #Colts, arrested yesterday in DC for simple assault. @wusa9

10:12 AM - 4 Feb 2015
well, I don't think even the most vindictive could fault dq for doing anything wrong --- other than busting up a perfect game, I guess.

loooool I went to rotoworld to check out the story, wondering how these guys are always getting arrested -- these are the first 3 'headlines'

edit: oh, here it is

Jackson allegedly punched a pizza delivery boy in the face and in the back of the head in a fight over a parking spot. You can't make this stuff up.

It is worth noting that the Colts, America's favorite squealers, finished #1 in the league this season for the total amount paid in fines for illegalities/rules violations (in excess of $4M).

http://www.spotrac.c...anapolis-colts/

Doesn't even include the Irsay DUI/drug possession arrest, the McNary rape arrest, the A. Jackson DUI two weeks ago, and the DQ Jackson arrest this morning.

So not only are they whining cry-babies, they're also hypocrites. Not a good look.

It is worth noting that the Colts, America's favorite squealers, finished #1 in the league this season for the total amount paid in fines for illegalities/rules violations (in excess of $4M).

http://www.spotrac.c...anapolis-colts/

Doesn't even include the Irsay DUI/drug possession arrest, the McNary rape arrest, the A. Jackson DUI two weeks ago, and the DQ Jackson arrest this morning.

So not only are they whining cry-babies, they're also hypocrites. Not a good look.
I really like Andrew Luck, but I'm so afraid that bone headed franchise will either limit his greatness, or maybe even ruin him.

Road Warriors said:
espnespn said:
randall146 said:
espnespn said:
randall146 said:
HobbesAB said:
Hu-Tang Clan said:
HobbesAB said:

Wrong thread.

double psst... it's pretty well known the league issued a notice about enforcing the sideline taping in the offseason before NE was "caught" ( in quotes, because they didn't try to hide it or deny it in any way )

1) randall146 is a Patriots fan? Never would guess that based on his comments.

2) 1x is not considered "a pattern"

3) Watching the Patriots victory parade now. You bet I'm enjoying it. And enjoying the tears of the Salty Haters. :cool:

Yeah, the tears and the whining are starting to ramp up again. Like a teething baby, the crying died down for a little while, but it's pacifier time again. I'm actually starting to like it. Used to get to me, but not after Sunday. Keep those tears coming. RaiderNation? JohnnyU? You guys seem due for good cry. Come right on in and express your feelings ?

Road Warriors said:
espnespn said:
randall146 said:
espnespn said:
randall146 said:
HobbesAB said:
Hu-Tang Clan said:
HobbesAB said:

Wrong thread.

3) Watching the Patriots victory parade now. You bet I'm enjoying it. And enjoying the tears of the Salty Haters. :cool:
Well, I haven't gone back through all of his posts, but I read his "pattern of ignoring league notices" as a sarcastic take on the "pattern of cheating", mocking both the pattern aspect and the importance of the infraction, but I won't put words in his mouth if he was serious.

I am also watching from Texas. Nice to have NESN among the channel options out here.

Road Warriors said:
espnespn said:
randall146 said:
espnespn said:
randall146 said:
HobbesAB said:

Well, I haven't gone back through all of his posts, but I read his "pattern of ignoring league notices" as a sarcastic take on the "pattern of cheating", mocking both the pattern aspect and the importance of the infraction, but I won't put words in his mouth if he was serious.

I am also watching from Texas. Nice to have NESN among the channel options out here.
Hmm, maybe he was being sarcastic. It's hard to tell with written text unless someone add the appropriate smiley. Like this smiley signifying me not catching his sarcasm. :doh:

:cool:

Road Warriors said:
espnespn said:
randall146 said:
espnespn said:
randall146 said:
HobbesAB said:

Hmm, maybe he was being sarcastic. It's hard to tell with written text unless someone add the appropriate smiley. Like this smiley signifying me not catching his sarcasm. :doh:

I was being sarcastic, but you reacted so strongly I had to continue the absurdity. We'd still be going if RW hadn't spilled the beans.

Road Warriors said:
espnespn said:
randall146 said:
espnespn said:

I was being sarcastic, but you reacted so strongly I had to continue the absurdity. We'd still be going if RW hadn't spilled the beans.
Sorry to spoil the fun. ;)

:hifive:

Wait, where's the thread on the Brown's "textgate" scandal?

Guess it's not that big a deal unless it's NE.
What was textgate?

I don't think it anything against NE, more so they are historically great so people get riled up if cheaters affect historical records etc ala McGuire/Bonds. Sad that the Browns cheated and still suck so bad.

Users who are viewing this thread