What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Patriots being investigated after Colts game (1 Viewer)

Percent of NFL teams actively trying to steal play sheets?

• 0%

Votes: 90 33.0%
  • 25%

Votes: 91 33.3%
  • 50%

Votes: 19 7.0%
  • 75%

Votes: 16 5.9%
  • 100%

Votes: 57 20.9%

• Total voters
Wait, where's the thread on the Brown's "textgate" scandal?

Guess it's not that big a deal unless it's NE.
about midpage and dropping

when the browns start embarrassing other teams on the regular instead of themselves it'll be a story

What was textgate?

I don't think it anything against NE, more so they are historically great so people get riled up if cheaters affect historical records etc ala McGuire/Bonds. Sad that the Browns cheated and still suck so bad.
textgate was the browns front office texting the field directly to tell them they suck instead of screaming it from the stands

What was textgate?

I don't think it anything against NE, more so they are historically great so people get riled up if cheaters affect historical records etc ala McGuire/Bonds. Sad that the Browns cheated and still suck so bad.
textgate was the browns front office texting the field directly to tell them they suck instead of screaming it from the stands
Can't be easy to communicate with them when half the offensive is ripped on booze/coke.

That's pretty much exactly how I think it went down; throw in Pats hating, NYJ loving Kensil being the highest ranking league official at the game and you have a totally baseless and vindictive witch hunt. I can't believe they did this to NE and more importantly to the league leading into the SB. Harbaugh and Pagano are a couple of whiney lame ### tools who aren't fit to hold BBs jock strap.

I want the apology from the NFL and I want Kensil fired now.

Oh, and Chris Carter, go f urself you useless pog...............................

I wanted blood prior to the Patriots win of Chip#4 under Kraft/BB/TB. Now . . . well, it turns out the SB win has reminded me that there are better ways to manage whiny children. I'll just ignore them like I do my own, until they choose to act properly.

The real fun begins when NFL HQ tries to levy some minor fine/penalty to save face and Kraft goes berserk on them.

NE_REVIVAL said:
ratbast said:
That's pretty much exactly how I think it went down; throw in Pats hating, NYJ loving Kensil being the highest ranking league official at the game and you have a totally baseless and vindictive witch hunt. I can't believe they did this to NE and more importantly to the league leading into the SB. Harbaugh and Pagano are a couple of whiney lame ### tools who aren't fit to hold BBs jock strap.

Oh, and Chris Carter, go f urself you useless pog...............................
:lmao:

I really don't watch these studio guys, and I probably couldn't id any 2 of them in a line-up, or tell you who hates who, outside of the most obvious pats hating trolls, but since everybody's been linking clips I saw dilfer(?) saying how we all know the whole league is guilty of various minor infractions and carter shoots back with "NO, I DON'T KNOW THAT!" :lmao:

I think edelman dropped a couple reality bombs on him in his latest 'eei spot.

pretty sure carter has no rings -- is he really that bitter about it?

NE_REVIVAL said:
ratbast said:

I really don't watch these studio guys, and I probably couldn't id any 2 of them in a line-up, or tell you who hates who, outside of the most obvious pats hating trolls, but since everybody's been linking clips I saw dilfer(?) saying how we all know the whole league is guilty of various minor infractions and carter shoots back with "NO, I DON'T KNOW THAT!" :lmao:

Carter has been the worst by far as flat out calling Brady a liar, guy has been screaming like an animal (relapse?) about ### #### rumors as if they were facts. Even when the news came out SB morning that only 1 ball was 2 under (the ball the colts hadl) and the rest were all much less under he still acted like that news never came out. Instead he doubles down and none of his colleagues said a word other than to whine about him supposedly getting death threats.

I always wonder how much is actual honest opinion and how much is wwf stuff cuz there's a camera on them.

skip bayless seems to have a thriving career, so maybe they get coached up to act like that, or maybe they just come up with it on their own.

I had originally thought maybe it was harbaugh through pagano, but harbaugh has such close ties to belichick I didn't figure he would really turn on him like that, although you never know with some people.

I never even considered the grigson angle -- after listening to that boomer clip I wiki'd him to check for a baltimore connection and it turns out he's already been beaten by the pats in 2 superbowls, on top of the regular humiliation these last couple years.

still not sure who the real axe grinder is here, but I guess I could see it if harbaugh really thought he was just launching that torpedo at brady.

although, the whole thing still seems about on the level of the bank robber who writes teh note on the back of one of his own checks.

Flying Elvis said:
I wanted blood prior to the Patriots win of Chip#4 under Kraft/BB/TB. Now . . . well, it turns out the SB win has reminded me that there are better ways to manage whiny children. I'll just ignore them like I do my own, until they choose to act properly.

The real fun begins when NFL HQ tries to levy some minor fine/penalty to save face and Kraft goes berserk on them.
This. It's amazing how such a tough sport like football is populated with so many cry babies. That's been the big revelation for me with deflategate. It's sad - actually embarrassing is the better word. It reminds me of why I hate soccer so much - all the flopping and endless #####ing and moaning. Football is rapidly approaching soccer status with all the tattling, sour grapes and and crying. It's to the point where I'm almost embarrassed to be a fan of the sport anymore. Every single discussion about football these days makes me feel like I'm back in elementary school. Jesus - ####, lace 'em up, and be a freaking man already.It makes me appreciate Belichik even more. The guy's a straight out man's man. You never hear him ##### and moan. He just goes out and quietly kicks your ### all over the field.

yeah, it seems like so many so called football fans are more like fans of the view and daytime drama

it's embarrassing to the sport

Last edited by a moderator:
NE_REVIVAL said:
ratbast said:

Cris Carter is a ####### joke. That spot on the postgame where Trent Dilfer laid the wood on him and Steve Young was one of the best dressdowns you'll ever. Dilfer called out San Fran's use of the IR to circumvent the salary cap, and Steve Young fell off his little soapbox with the most sheepish look you'll ever see. He even smiled because he knew he had just lost all credibility. CC, for the first time in his life, was completely silenced. He just looked forward at the camera with a blank stare - totally owned and defeated - in front of about a billion people. Perfect ending to a perfect night?

:lmao: that reminds me of what edelman said about steve young on his 'eei spot -- he's just bitter because he's not joe montana :lmao: :lmao:

so awesome

like I said earlier, I have to assume these guys just put the clown suits on for the camera like wwf

like a bunch of posters on this board, really

NE_REVIVAL said:
ratbast said:

Carter has been the worst by far as flat out calling Brady a liar, guy has been screaming like an animal (relapse?) about ### #### rumors as if they were facts. Even when the news came out SB morning that only 1 ball was 2 under (the ball the colts hadl) and the rest were all much less under he still acted like that news never came out. Instead he doubles down and none of his colleagues said a word other than to whine about him supposedly getting death threats.
Charles Haley making a run at the title;

"Joe didn't have to cheat," Haley told the Talk of Fame Network. "I've lost all respect [for Brady]. When your integrity is challenged in the game of football, to me, all his Super Bowls are tainted.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12283485/hall-famer-charles-haley-says-four-super-bowl-titles-tainted-cheat-tom-brady-new-england-patriots?ex_cid=sportscenterFB

NE_REVIVAL said:
ratbast said:

"Joe didn't have to cheat," Haley told the Talk of Fame Network. "I've lost all respect [for Brady]. When your integrity is challenged in the game of football, to me, all his Super Bowls are tainted.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12283485/hall-famer-charles-haley-says-four-super-bowl-titles-tainted-cheat-tom-brady-new-england-patriots?ex_cid=sportscenterFB
yeah, spending 50% more than the rest of the league + riding on haley's back had nothing to do with it

he braved adversity with an extra half pound of air in his footballs :lmao:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: johnny milk carton's taken to deep waters since it's come out that it was actually his own team deflating footballs.

this couldn't have worked out any better, good guys win the title and dean wormer gets his comeuppance -- just like a movie ending.

You are thinking about it like a viewer who may throw around a football every now and then. The NY Post had a good article that gave these comparisons:

- a pro golfer can tell the difference of 1 degree loft on their clubs

- a baseball player will know if there is a 1" or 1oz difference in their bat

- a basketball player will know if the rim is off by an inch from 10'

- a hockey player will know after one shot if the bend of his stick is off.

These professionals spend thousands of hours working with their equipment. They know it inside and out. Yet one of the best QBs in the game doesn't know when his ball pressure is off by 16%. That is like a baseball player grabbing a bat that is 6" longer then he expected and not noticing.
glad you pointed this out.

so, we're supposed to believe that out of 24, or whatever, balls the pats rolled out there they just happened to deflate the one ball indy picked off, and brady didn't even notice that after working on these balls for a month that this one ball was off by 16% when he was using it??

that really is pretty hard to believe........

NE_REVIVAL said:
ratbast said:

Haley is a hall of fame jackass.

Just curious if there have been any actual developments? Been too busy watching stuff about the superbowl.

Last edited by a moderator:
If there was anything good to come out of deflategate, it's the recognition of what a horrible franchise the Colts are, and what a pitiful human being their owner is. And the beating that's delivered to Kravitz in here is just about as brutal (and deserved) as anything you'll ever see. Pure gold.

we had this guy in chicago, jay mariotti, who was a complete ####### clown.

his whole schtick was to basically go full ####### in every column -- maybe like a skip bayless of the press

I'm wondering if kravitz is just indy's version.

there's a lot of guys out there like that and it's really the only way they can get noticed because they are absolutely worthless at reporting sports.

meanwhile, you got a guy like mike reiss quietly doing his job who probably doesn't get a tenth of the views of some clown spraying verbal diarrhea all over the net

Lol at Jerry Rice. In the same interview, first he said that the Pats cheated by deflating footballs . . . and then admitted to using stickum (which had ready been ruled illegal).

Anyone else hear Schefter on WEEI today?

He said "There are people around the league who sincerely believe the Colts tampered with the ball"

Anarchy99 said:
Lol at Jerry Rice. In the same interview, first he said that the Pats cheated by deflating footballs . . . and then admitted to using stickum (which had ready been ruled illegal).
It's only cheating when someone else is doing it

Only one of the twelve balls were under inflated. The rest were just a tick under 12.5 psi after being in freezing weather for five hours. Chris Mortensen is such a tool.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/new-report-says-only-one-patriots-football-was-seriously-deflated-165514858.html
What is a tick?
We'd know that if the refs took it seriously enough to write it down. The fact that they didnt ought to say somethin..

Anarchy99 said:
Stickum is far worse than a deflated ball. He's needs to go away before he ruins his legacy with his mouth.

If he used stickum, why aren't all his championships tainted?

Anarchy99 said:
Stickum is far worse than a deflated ball. He's needs to go away before he ruins his legacy with his mouth.

They are according to the new "tainted" rule . Pretty soon the * will be for the titles that weren't tainted in some way. Can someone break down the tainted titles and legit ones ?, I'm too lazy.

Anarchy99 said:

The Niners appear to have done a lot of cheating in their day, which is why Steve Young really needs to shut his mouth. Here are just the 3 I know about:

1. Rice using illegal stickum.

2. Bill Walsh's "gamesmanship" in the NFC Championship against the Giants where the Niners started the game saying their headsets weren't working. Giants had to shut theirs off as well and couldn't call in defensive signals quick enough. Niners were running rehearsed scripted plays and didn't need their headsets. Niners marched down the field and scored and never looked back. Parcells almost ripped Walsh's hand off in the post-game handshake, and told him that if he ever pulled that #### again he would call him out publicly, to which Walsh responded "Just a little gamesmanship there Bill". Back in the 80's with the Niners it was called gamesmanship.

3. Niners illegally using the IR to circumvent the salary cap.

Yeah, Montana, Rice and Young should pretty much shut their traps and hide in a hole whenever the topic of cheating comes up.

Anarchy99 said:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

actually just saw some of the quotes today --- that is some funny ####

“This goes back to 2007 -- Spygate,” Rice told ESPN affiliate 95.7 The Game in the week leading up to the Super Bowl. “We already know that in 2011, Tom Brady said he liked his ball underinflated. He felt like he could grip the ball better and also, the ball came out of his hands with a lot more velocity and stuff like that. ...

“So it's just one of those things -- how you want to be remembered, your legacy? It's just unfortunate that something like this has occurred because we should be talking about the Super Bowl. Instead, we're talking about cheating. ...

“I think you have to really put an asterisk on it, because this is going to follow them, you know, for the rest of their lives."

"I'm going to be point blank, I feel like it's cheating," Rice said. "Because you have an edge up on your opponent and its unfortunate that it happened.... I've played in cold weather, I know how hard the football is and you can grip the leather just a little bit better [if it's deflated]."

Even worse for Rice is what he said next, "I've always wanted to do things the right way," Rice said. "I didn't want to take any short cuts or anything like that."
Based on Jerry Rice's logic, we might need to put an asterisk next to a few of the 49ers Super Bowl titles.

In a video segment that was published on ESPN.com on Jan. 17, Rice admitted that he used to put stickum on his gloves during his playing days.

"I know this might be a little illegal, guys, I just put a little spray, a little stickum on them, to make sure that texture is a little sticky," Rice says in the video that was unearthed by the readers over at ProFootballTalk.com.

Stickum and other adhesives were banned by the NFL in 1981. Rice played in the league from 1985 to 2004. So if Rice used stickum, it wasn't a "little illegal," it was all illegal.
you couldn't make this kind of thing up :lmao: :lmao:

Right before Super Bowl XLIX, Rice made critical remarks over New York Giants wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. and his one-handed catch in late November against the Dallas Cowboys — a play that the NFL dubbed the Play of the Year at the NFL Honors awards show the night before the Super Bowl — saying that his numbers would have doubled if he had worn the gloves that Beckham had been wearing during the season.

"Those gloves that they’re using today – there’s no way Odell Beckham would’ve made that catch without those gloves," Rice said. "Back in my day we used to use those scuba diving gloves. Gloves just give you a different feel for the ball. I had 1,549 receptions and 22, 895 yards. If I had the gloves they have today I think everything would’ve doubled."

Users who are viewing this thread