What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PATRIOTS ENVY (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

1996patriots

Footballguy
The pats are gonna take it again this year? how many of you are jealous?Be honest.and don't ##### on them.. .b/c there's not a more likeable team in professional sports

The pats are gonna take it again this year? how many of you are jealous?

Be honest.

and don't ##### on them.. .b/c there's not a more likeable team in professional sports
I do have Pats envy. I do believe they are going to win another championship this year despite the dominance of their peers (Indy, Seattle, Denver, and Cincy).But if you think they are the "most likeable team in pro sports", you have an extra strong bi-focal pair of homer glasses on. They are reaching NY Yankee status for all football fans outside of New England.

That's as honest as I can be.

cheaters

[/quo

How can you hate the Patriots? They are the exact opposite of jerks like T.Owens and R.Moss.

The Patriots are going to be the dominant NFL team for years to come.

The pats are gonna take it again this year? how many of you are jealous?

Be honest.

and don't ##### on them.. .b/c there's not a more likeable team in professional sports
I do have Pats envy. I do believe they are going to win another championship this year despite the dominance of their peers (Indy, Seattle, Denver, and Cincy).But if you think they are the "most likeable team in pro sports", you have an extra strong bi-focal pair of homer glasses on. They are reaching NY Yankee status for all football fans outside of New England.

News to me... damn those Patriots!! :rant: I don't hate them or love them, I enjoy watching them though.

Last edited by a moderator:
The pats are gonna take it again this year?  how many of you are jealous?

Be honest.

News to me... damn those Patriots!! :rant: I don't hate them or love them, I enjoy watching them though.
I hate their f-ing guts, and their fans. I especially hate the coach with the loverboy head band.

what team do you cheer for?  i bet the new england faithful is more blue-collar than your gay fans
Maybe so, but at least the coach of my team doesn't look gay like Mr. Loverboy head band dude.Not that there's anything wrong with that.

- Jerry Seinfeld

Spurs fan says: How 'bout them Celtics!
You have to admit, the Celtics had a nice run for a while. The Spurs look great now though. Of course, we're all bitter that you guys got Duncan, since he was the can't miss prospect that year, and we had two lottery picks, including the top lottery pick, and thanks to good luck charm ML Carr, we ended up with Chauncey Billups and Ron Mercer while you guys came out of nowhere to get Duncan. :rant:

Spurs fan says: How 'bout them Celtics!
You have to admit, the Celtics had a nice run for a while. The Spurs look great now though. Of course, we're all bitter that you guys got Duncan, since he was the can't miss prospect that year, and we had two lottery picks, including the top lottery pick, and thanks to good luck charm ML Carr, we ended up with Chauncey Billups and Ron Mercer while you guys came out of nowhere to get Duncan. :rant:
Actually, the Celtics have been my favorite NBA team for over 35 years.Edited to say, why didn't they keep Billups?

Edited again to say, throw that bad luck in with the Len Bias and Reggie Lewis tragedies, and that is hard to overcome.

Edited a third time to say, did you know that the Celtics used to make Danny Ainge sit by the window in the team bus in order to attract women. Man, that was one ugly bunch of dudes on that team with Bird, Parrish, Dennis Johnson, McHale.

I'm with Joe Bryant on this one. The Patriots are a well-run team, but their fans are whiny tools.

I am fine with the team....

It's the fans I can't stand...
:penalty: ....here's a yellow flag......go play with it! Ignorance isnt exactly an admired trait of any fan. There are very good NE fans on this board, so please take this poor attitude over to some Steeler homer board.

As a life long Pats fan, the new/bandwagon fans are horrid. I hate talking football with anyone at this point because the conversation always turns into Tom Brady/Bruschi man-god love fest. "the pats win cause they know how to win" etc. etc. They're obnoxious and many don't even know Curtis Martin was on the Patriots.Now that's painting all "newer" fans with a broad brush. There are some that I know who I enjoy talking about the pats with and they're very intelligent. I just can't take the man-love that goes on around NE on a 24/7 basis

Threads like this do more to make people dislike the Pats than anything the team does.I'm a Ravens fan, but I enjoy watching NE play & respect them immensely.

Threads like this do more to make people dislike the Pats than anything the team does.

I'm a Ravens fan, but I enjoy watching NE play & respect them immensely.
I agree with a ...ravens fan?...but it's true. I respect the Pats as a team...it's hard not to. The guy who started this thread is just trying to incite a flame war and is part of the reason why Pats fans, in general, are looked upon with disdain. Not all Pats fans are insufferable like the OP, but I'm posting in this thread...To all other Pats fans, do not have your feelings hurt by my generalizations.

As a life long Pats fan, the new/bandwagon fans are horrid. I hate talking football with anyone at this point because the conversation always turns into Tom Brady/Bruschi man-god love fest. "the pats win cause they know how to win" etc. etc. They're obnoxious and many don't even know Curtis Martin was on the Patriots.

Now that's painting all "newer" fans with a broad brush. There are some that I know who I enjoy talking about the pats with and they're very intelligent. I just can't take the man-love that goes on around NE on a 24/7 basis
Agreed. We don't need any bandwagon fans. The bus is full. Only real fans need apply. The Patriots are usually a humble organization. Some of the fans should learn from it.'Nuff said.

And spare me the "blue collar, lovable underdog" tripe about the Patriots.

They've been, top to bottom, the most talented and balanced team in football the last 2 years. They were lovable underdogs in 2001, but not in their last two title runs.

And when you have fans in Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Philadelphia, and Detroit, don't play the "tough, blue-collar" fan stuff either. You'd think that Patriots (and likely Sox) fans would never want to become like Yankees fans, but it seems like a few bad apples (like the original poster) are ruining it for the rest of rational New Englanders.

It's a shame ... I get the feeling that a lot of people want to like the Patriots, too.

They've been, top to bottom, the most talented and balanced team in football the last 2 years. They were lovable underdogs in 2001, but not in their last two title runs.

And when you have fans in Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Philadelphia, and Detroit, don't play the "tough, blue-collar" fan stuff either. You'd think that Patriots (and likely Sox) fans would never want to become like Yankees fans, but it seems like a few bad apples (like the original poster) are ruining it for the rest of rational New Englanders.

It's a shame ... I get the feeling that a lot of people want to like the Patriots, too.
Agreed. Seems like every world champ & their fans these days plays the "nobody believed in us!!" card.

They've been, top to bottom, the most talented and balanced team in football the last 2 years.  They were lovable underdogs in 2001, but not in their last two title runs.

And when you have fans in Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Philadelphia, and Detroit, don't play the "tough, blue-collar" fan stuff either.  You'd think that Patriots (and likely Sox) fans would never want to become like Yankees fans, but it seems like a few bad apples (like the original poster) are ruining it for the rest of rational New Englanders.

Agreed. Seems like every world champ & their fans these days plays the "nobody believed in us!!" card.
I think it's just the natural reaction to only remember the criticism of your team. I probably did it when the Broncos won their two titles.In previous threads, we had Patriots fans saying that people thought they'd lose to the Colts (both seasons), Steelers (last year), and even the Panthers and Eagles.

In reality, they were favored in almost every game (especially the Super Bowls), indicating that Joe Fan thought they were great. (EDIT: This is if you believe that Vegas sets lines to get 50-50 betting ... not everyone believes this ...)

More so, most experts picked them in every game -- with the one exception being the 2nd Colts-Pats game -- indicating that people who know football also thought they were great.

I suppose it's a natural reaction to only remember the few people who didn't believe. I don't think Patriots fans are doing this to a much larger degree than other fans (outside of 2001, where no one really did believe in the first place!), but since they've won 3 out of the last 4 titles we've heard it a lot more.

what team do you cheer for? i bet the new england faithful is more blue-collar than your gay fans
Dude, for those of us Patriots fans who are not into the name-calling, you're just making it worse for us.

I'm with Joe Bryant on this one. The Patriots are a well-run team, but their fans are whiny tools.
1. I don't remember Joe with the "whiny tools" comment.2. I expected better of you than this!

Threads like this do more to make people dislike the Pats than anything the team does.

:goodposting:

I'm with Joe Bryant on this one.  The Patriots are a well-run team, but their fans are whiny tools.
1. I don't remember Joe with the "whiny tools" comment.2. I expected better of you than this!
1. It was about two years ago, and he caught a ton of flak for it from whiny tool Pats fans who canceled their subscriptions, which obviously proved how wrong Joe was. Someone had the quote in their sig for a long time, and still might.2. You should lower your expectations of me.

NE has a great team and their fans should be happy about that. Any other team with the same amount of success that the Pats have had the past 5 years would have fans doing the same exact thing as what some Pats fans do. Get used to it is what I say.

:goodposting:
I'd be surprised if the OP is really a Pats fan. The whole thing looks more like a big fishing trip than anything.

1. It was about two years ago, and he caught a ton of flak for it from whiny tool Pats fans who canceled their subscriptions, which obviously proved how wrong Joe was. Someone had the quote in their sig for a long time, and still might.2. You should lower your expectations of me.
As the main focus of the "whiny tools" comment, I thought it was hysterical, and I still do.

I agree with a ...ravens fan?...but it's true. I respect the Pats as a team...it's hard not to. The guy who started this thread is just trying to incite a flame war and is part of the reason why Pats fans, in general, are looked upon with disdain. Not all Pats fans are insufferable like the OP, but I'm posting in this thread...To all other Pats fans, do not have your feelings hurt by my generalizations.
As Patriots homer #1 on these boards, please know I agree with Stillers here. 1996patriots did nothing but piss other fans off and give Pats fans a bad name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread