What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Patriots Jerod Mayo (1 Viewer)

nerangers

Footballguy
sorry if this is a re-post...didn't see it anywhere.

I guess no one is questioning taking linebacker Jerod Mayo at the 10th overall pick any more. Mayo was named the Associated Press Defensive Rookie of the Year, earning 49 of a possible 50 votes.

Mayo, a quick and physical inside linebacker led the Patriots with 139 tackles this season. Mayo led the Patriots in tackles seven times, with five games of at least 10 stops. His best performance came in a 34-31 overtime loss to the Jets when he finished with 23 tackles, 17 solo.

"It definitely was a surprise [to come in and contribute so much immediately]. Those guys had won 18 games last season, so there wasn’t too much in my mind to improve on an 18-win team. But the opportunity presented itself to go in and play, [the coaches] had the confidence to put me in the game, and hopefully, I didn't disappoint." -- Patriots LB Jerod Mayo

"Jerod's done a lot for us. We've asked a lot of him and from Day 1 he's really been a well-prepared, very mature player who can do a lot of things: play the running game, play in the passing game, blitz, helps us in the kicking game." -- Patriots Coach Bill Belichick

sorry if this is a re-post...didn't see it anywhere.I guess no one is questioning taking linebacker Jerod Mayo at the 10th overall pick any more. Mayo was named the Associated Press Defensive Rookie of the Year, earning 49 of a possible 50 votes.Mayo, a quick and physical inside linebacker led the Patriots with 139 tackles this season. Mayo led the Patriots in tackles seven times, with five games of at least 10 stops. His best performance came in a 34-31 overtime loss to the Jets when he finished with 23 tackles, 17 solo."It definitely was a surprise [to come in and contribute so much immediately]. Those guys had won 18 games last season, so there wasn’t too much in my mind to improve on an 18-win team. But the opportunity presented itself to go in and play, [the coaches] had the confidence to put me in the game, and hopefully, I didn't disappoint." -- Patriots LB Jerod Mayo"Jerod's done a lot for us. We've asked a lot of him and from Day 1 he's really been a well-prepared, very mature player who can do a lot of things: play the running game, play in the passing game, blitz, helps us in the kicking game." -- Patriots Coach Bill Belichick
Now if I was not lazy and the vindictive sort, I'd bump a myriad of threads pointing to how NE doesn't draft well anymore... :wink:

Mayo deserved this award. He's a tackling machine and is already calling plays on the defense, at the ripe old age of 22. He'll be a stud for a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread