What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pawn Stars on History Channel (1 Viewer)

Anyone else notice when Corey doesn't make a deal(swindle) or even if he does he throws out a wind up handshake and NEVER looks at the person. Normally this is a sign of hiding something when you can't even give a sincere handshake and look at someone in their eyes. Terrible business practice on his part, but then again this show is staged just like Storage Wars.
Corey would be lucky to get a job flipping burgers if he weren't working for the family business.

Anyone else notice when Corey doesn't make a deal(swindle) or even if he does he throws out a wind up handshake and NEVER looks at the person. Normally this is a sign of hiding something when you can't even give a sincere handshake and look at someone in their eyes. Terrible business practice on his part, but then again this show is staged just like Storage Wars.
1) He is gangster

2) He probably is concealing (aren't all pawn shops?)

So the gangster handshake works

Silver-spoon snot-nosed punk Corey is now educating a 70-year-old gentlemen about how people felt about the Vietnam war and Muhammad Ali.

Silver-spoon snot-nosed punk Corey is now educating a 70-year-old gentlemen about how people felt about the Vietnam war and Muhammad Ali.
It pains me to have to defend Corey, but he toned down his dooshness during the negotiation. He was respectful (or at least tried to fake it). The guy had a flimsy connection to Ali that he seemed to exaggerate--and he was wearing a derby hat.

Rick got a little wheezy over that Oscar Wilde book. He really wanted it. Rebecca was lovely, as always.

Consider yourself lucky if you've never seen Hardcore Pawn in your life,it makes Pawn Stars look fancy if that is even possible.

11:20 mark of the second episode:

"After I FRAME IT UP and everything, there's just not a lot of money to be made!"
Not to mention the space these coins take up in the store.

How many people you think come in here looking for a beer stein signed by Eva Braun?

I assume people call them on this bull####, but that they never air it.

I was at the car wash today and this show was on in the waiting room. It was the episode where Corey buys half of a motorcycle for like $3K and then has that date-rapist at American Restoration or whatever make him a whole, new bike. It was something like $18K. Rick and gramps made Corey sell it. He almost cried. He's like the poster boy for douchehood.

The guy who was trying to sell Cobain's guitar pedal was fascinated by Corey's random Nirvana facts.
Same with the guy with Paul Stanley's broken guitar. He seemed enthralled when Corey told him that KISS was a popular band in the seventies.

I am glad this year we did not have to sit through an episode where the fellas talked about the upcoming "Big Game". How excited they were about the "Big Game", and who would be obligated to work during the "Big Game".

A guy brings in a rare Batman/Spiderman comic book, and spends ten minutes telling DoucheCorey everything about it.

Corey: "So what are you looking to get out of it, my man?"

Customer: "Twelve hundred."

Corey: "Well I know NOTHING about this. Let me get my guy Brett down here."

Swell. Thanks for wasting my time explaining it to you.

Yeah, that guy didn't look too happy with Corey.

In the second episode, it was creepy to watch them debate the fluctuating value of the Mork item based on Robin Williams' recent death.

I

The Big Guy said:
chet said:
Psychopav said:
chet said:
An item on eBay very similar to the one they want to bring on Pawn Stars.
Would you do $800? They're going to sit on the shelf for a LONG time.
I ain't going no higher.
Think of the cost of the frame and the space I am going to need to display it.
There is a very specialized market for this, now if it were a Babe Winkleman model, we would be talking big bucks.

Nerd with signed photo of the Star Trek cast: "I don't know why they have to bring someone down here to look at it -- it's already been authenticated."

It was hard to predict what was gonna happen after the commercial.

These guys on these shows have cashed in on the uneducated viewers, but then again we are watching and the A&E and the likes will keep pusing this farsh. This includes Pawn Stars, Counting Cars, Storage Wars and American Pickers to name a few. Do I watch them, yes but for a brief minute or so to laugh at what a joke they are and to relize the so call stars of the show are just cashing in. These guys are there to seperate the normal joe's from their pocket book thru TV.

It appears, as with the "Super Bowl", that they can't say Facebook, Twitter, Instagram....etc. So, instead Corey kicked Chum off "social media".

These guys on these shows have cashed in on the uneducated viewers, but then again we are watching and the A&E and the likes will keep pusing this farsh. This includes Pawn Stars, Counting Cars, Storage Wars and American Pickers to name a few. Do I watch them, yes but for a brief minute or so to laugh at what a joke they are and to relize the so call stars of the show are just cashing in. These guys are there to seperate the normal joe's from their pocket book thru TV.
farsh?

Users who are viewing this thread