What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PDSL 2 Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

QB: Dalton 4, Hoyer 4, Cassel 10 - I was very comfortable with Dalton/Hoyer until the schedule came out. Cassel was my best hope for a week 4 starter after I forgot about Henne. Almost grabbed Ponder in the 20th but there was too much value left on the board. Dalton is under rated as a fantasy QB and Hioyer showed me some talent last year. Despite waiting on QB I see middle of the pack production here.

RB: McCoy 7, Rice 11, Pierce 11, Robinson 6 - McCoy is obviously a stud. Rice was a steal in round 5. Backed him up with Pierce for some protection for the legal issue plus Pierce will get touches each week. Robinson showed last year that he's as capable as any back on the Saints. My lead backs should have me in the upper end of the production range. I don't have much depth which could bite me. Hated having to take a 3rd QB when obvious point producers were still on the board late.

WR: Cobb 9, Patterson 10, Blackmon 7, Stills 6, Jones 5, Beckham ?, Benjamin ? - Blackmon will be the determining factor if this is one of the best units in the league or just above average. Lots of TD and big play guys on this squad, not many reliable chain movers. It was interesting that Benjamin would have gone undrafted if I didn't take him as Mr. Irrelevant after being selected in round 12 in the other leagues. Between him and Beckham one should land in a good situation.

TE: Cameron 4, Amaro ?, Lewis 11 - I likely would have taken a 3rd TE anyway but another week 4 bye made it a no brainer. Lewis has been a quiet producer in Jax. In hindsight I wish I had taken Harvin over Cameron in round 3. I starting to see decent TEs on the board late. I expecting above average production here.

K: Prater 4 - Once again with the week 4 bye week. Scobee was a viable option late that I may regret. With one of the top 3 kickers in the league in tow I just could pull the trigger on a pick that might net me few few pts in hand full of weeks. With my luck if I take Scobee, he scores 2 pts during Prater's bye week. Looking at FUBAR's week 4 train wreck gave me hope that I could take a zero here and survive.

D: Buffalo 9, Miami 5 - Plan was just to secure two that accumulate sacks and see where the chips fall.

Interested in the comments others might have.

I always want ppoints from every position, and a zero is a zero. Most weeks, the spread between dead and 2 to last is usually only single digits, so if I have a no show at a position, that is like giving up that spread if the rest of the roster does poorly. Plus, it gives you the best performance between two or more players, which can be considerable given the break out weeks some players have, even if just once or twice a season.

QB: Dalton 4, Hoyer 4, Cassel 10 - I was very comfortable with Dalton/Hoyer until the schedule came out. Cassel was my best hope for a week 4 starter after I forgot about Henne. Almost grabbed Ponder in the 20th but there was too much value left on the board. Dalton is under rated as a fantasy QB and Hioyer showed me some talent last year. Despite waiting on QB I see middle of the pack production here.

RB: McCoy 7, Rice 11, Pierce 11, Robinson 6 - McCoy is obviously a stud. Rice was a steal in round 5. Backed him up with Pierce for some protection for the legal issue plus Pierce will get touches each week. Robinson showed last year that he's as capable as any back on the Saints. My lead backs should have me in the upper end of the production range. I don't have much depth which could bite me. Hated having to take a 3rd QB when obvious point producers were still on the board late.

WR: Cobb 9, Patterson 10, Blackmon 7, Stills 6, Jones 5, Beckham ?, Benjamin ? - Blackmon will be the determining factor if this is one of the best units in the league or just above average. Lots of TD and big play guys on this squad, not many reliable chain movers. It was interesting that Benjamin would have gone undrafted if I didn't take him as Mr. Irrelevant after being selected in round 12 in the other leagues. Between him and Beckham one should land in a good situation.

TE: Cameron 4, Amaro ?, Lewis 11 - I likely would have taken a 3rd TE anyway but another week 4 bye made it a no brainer. Lewis has been a quiet producer in Jax. In hindsight I wish I had taken Harvin over Cameron in round 3. I starting to see decent TEs on the board late. I expecting above average production here.

K: Prater 4 - Once again with the week 4 bye week. Scobee was a viable option late that I may regret. With one of the top 3 kickers in the league in tow I just could pull the trigger on a pick that might net me few few pts in hand full of weeks. With my luck if I take Scobee, he scores 2 pts during Prater's bye week. Looking at FUBAR's week 4 train wreck gave me hope that I could take a zero here and survive.

D: Buffalo 9, Miami 5 - Plan was just to secure two that accumulate sacks and see where the chips fall.

QB - Agree with the "underrated" statement here. Dalton was #3 QB last year, but I guarantee if you ask 100 non-Dalton owners who the #3-5 QB's were, less than 10 have his name on the list. I had a Dalton owner tell me what he was at the end of last year, and I still wouldn't have remembered to include him.

Given the point levels, you would think 3 QB's is a good place to hedge, but YMMV considerably. Last year, the 3 headed QB of Dalton, RGIII(#19 overall), and Geno (#20 overall) would have the following results:

3 headed total points - 440

2 headed w/ RG III - 416, with the loss of Geno hurting in weeks 3-5 (11, 1, 12)

2 headed w/ Geno - 393, with the loss of RG III hurting 7 times, (4pts, 8, 0.15, 9.55, 14, 0.35, 9.75)

Note: I picked those 2 backups randomly, just to see what taking #3 with two guys who ended up being average backups would look like.

So, if you get lucky and your second QB puts up good complimentary numbers, then you don't need a third. Of course, that's what hedging is all about, so I'd say in this case, I like it, especially in the 18th when the pickings are slim.

RB - Not sure what happened to Rice and the Ravens last year, but if they turn it around, then this is a good pick (22nd last year, RB24 this year). Seems like a low risk/high reward pick to me, although I would have gone Gore there instead of Rice. I don't love handcuffs as a general rule, but I'm an all-in kind of guy. As an Ingram apologist, I hate the Robinson pick, but that probably means it's good.

WR - I love Cobb, and if he stays on the field, this should be a fine pick (#11 in average PPG last year, WR10 this year). If Patterson plays like he did the last few weeks of the season, he's a steal. Agree that Blackmon makes or breaks your squad here. I don't love "indefinite" suspensions, but that's why he slides to a good value. If he misses the first 6 weeks of the season and comes back in good form by week 8, you'll be looking at the Josh Gordon effect all over again. Getting into the NOS sweepstakes with Stills is good - especially in Best Ball.

TE - I agree with your statement about Harvin. I didn't love Cameron last year (even though he was 4th TE) - I think he has a stronger than most likelihood to slide given his few big games that pulled his average up. That said, boom or bust guys are great for best ball, so having 3 TE's may be perfect here.

PK - Having Scobee last year with Prater would have helped you 5-6 times, not just on the bye week (although they had the same bye last year, that's why 5-6). Downside of Prater is that sometimes he "just" kicks 7 XP's, while Scobee sometimes kicks 4 or 5 FGs. When those happen on the same week, you are in business. I would have grabbed Scobee here.

D - Looks good to me

Overall, I like this squad.

QB
4.15 - Nick Foles, PHI (QB6) [7]
8.15 - Michael Vick, NYJ (QB26) [11]

RB
1.02 - Jamaal Charles, KC (RB2) [6]
2.15 - Reggie Bush, DET (RB15) [9]
9.02 - Maurice Jones-Drew, OAK (RB36) [5]
12.15 - Jeremy Hill, ROOK (RB55) [?]
17.02 - Andre Brown, HOU (RB65) [10]

WR
3.02 - Jordy Nelson, GB (WR11) [9]
5.02 - Kendall Wright, TEN (WR25) [9]
10.15 - Rod Streater, OAK (WR58) [8]
11.02 - Jerrel Jernigan, NYG (WR60) [5]
14.15 - Brandin Cooks, ROOK (WR79) [?]
19.02 - Brandon Gibson, MIA (WR94) [5]

TE
6.15 - Martellus Bennett, CHI (TE14) [9]
7.02 - Charles Clay, MIA (TE15) [5]
18.15 - Andrew Quarless, GB (TE33) [9]

ST
15.02 - Steven Hauschka, SEA (K3) [4]
16.15 - Dan Carpenter, BUF (K22) [9]
13.02 - Cardinals, ARZ (D9) [4]
20.15 - Jaguars, JAX (D32) [11]

QB: My green-tinted glasses may be coloring this view, but I think this could compete for the highest-scoring QB tandem in PDSL2. I want me some Eagles in every fantasy draft this year, as Chip Kelly should continue to amass piles of fantasy points for his skill positions, starting with Foles. Vick is the perfect backup for a best-ball league - he'll put up a handful of pedestrian performances, then explode for 35-40 points without warning. Plus the Eagles' early bye means he might actually still be healthy to fill in when I need him most! :clap:

RB: Another strong grouping. Charles was a no-brainer at 1.02 and could easily lead the league in VBD again this year. Expecting a point drop-off from Bush as he cedes some RB touches to Bell, but his big-play ability and pass chops should still deliver value at RB15. Couldn't pass up MJD in the 9th; timeshare or no, he'll get most of the short-yardage work and should be a top-end RB3. Hill is one of the few true power backs in this year's draft - not a buyer in dynasty, but think he has GL-back potential in redraft. And Foster has a lot of miles on the odometer, so Brown should see the field quite a bit and has the talent to be the workhorse if Foster goes down.

WR: Part conscious decision and part being on the bad side of runs, but this is my obvious weak spot and one where I'll need some breakouts to compete. Happy with my top 2: Jordy might be my WR1 in every league this year if he stays at this price - he offers consistency plus top-5 upside. Wright seems undervalued this year due to 2013's low TD count, and I'll be shocked if he doesn't outperform WR25. After that, bleh. Jones may get more red-zone looks but I like Streater to emerge as Oakland's WR1 ... which is like being the tallest midget at the circus, but whatever. Jernigan and Cooks are two of another type I target in best-ball - straight burners with home-run ability who can score fantasy points in bunches. Finally, Gibson went 5 rounds later than in WSL and I'm not sure why; it's not as if Miami's going to draft Watkins or Mike Wallace is going to morph into Megatron.

TE: My TEBC decision was basically made once I passed on Cameron and Witten at the 2/3 turn, and my 1/2 here were IMO clearly the last potential TE1-caliber guys in the stable. I've never owned Bennett anywhere - to me he's basically JAG - but he is reliable and I'll take a ho-hum, 60/650/6-type season. Meanwhile Clay is young, fast, talented, and still learning his craft ... higher risk but much higher reward. Could have gone without a third TE, but it was inexplicable that a likely starter on one of the best offenses in football in Quarless was still sitting there in the 18th. All together, I expect top-half performance most weeks at the very reasonable cost of a 6th, a 7th, and a throwaway pick.

ST: Hauschka's clearly among the elite, while Buffalo just gave Carpenter an above-market extension; you don't do that with a guy you're planning to toss aside in TC. Arizona faces a murderer's row of offenses in 2014, but I'm OK rolling with them on talent alone since we're not docked for points and yards against. And I can confidently state that the Jags will outperform their draft position this season ... thanks to everyone for deciding not to roll with 3 D/STs on your roster. :thumbup:

Overall: Compared to this squad, my WSL team looks like it was drafted by a drunk monkey. Feels to me like average to above-average everywhere but WR, and I think a lot of my back-half picks fit this specific format well. But I'll have to dodge some week 5 and 9 bye issues and probably need a couple of my low-percentage WRs to really step up if I hope to be around at the end.
I really like this team, although as a Jet fan, I'm hoping Geno holds onto the job, since he's got a lot more time left in him than Vick does. I'm not sure if top heavy is better in best ball or a bunch of slightly above average guys, but I would rather be top heavy like this going in and hope for the best.

The Charles/Bush/MJD combo is a good one - especially if McFadden remains injury prone. Andre Brown kept staring at me for 3 rounds before you snagged him, so I like that pick.

WR - Jordy might have been a bit early (I would have grabbed Andre Johnson there if I was going WR, but YMMV), but is obviously a solid pick. You got Kendall Wright at last year's production, and he's likely to get better, so I like that one a lot (and definitely better than the next 4 WR drafted). Big fan of Jernigan.

TE - I like 3 for you, especially since you are strong at the top of the other positions. Clay is someone I'll be watching closely this year, to see if last year was a fluke. I have no idea either way.

ST - Obviously 4 different bye weeks would be better, but 3 isn't bad. Jags play the Chargers on AZ's bye week. I eyeballed a few squads from last year, and it looks like Chargers is a below average matchup, so unfortunately the schedule makers didn't do you any favors there.

I'm not sure if top heavy is better in best ball or a bunch of slightly above average guys, but I would rather be top heavy like this going in and hope for the best.
That's a question I've struggled with myself in these things. Theoretically, you'd think being above-average up and down the roster would be better, because when you're top-heavy all it takes is an off week by 3 or 4 guys and you're toast.

But it seems like when I look through the rosters of past champs there aren't a whole lot of guys drafted in the 5-10 range at their positions - lots of appearances by the A-Rods / Brees / Megatrons / Grahams of the league, but then lots of QBBCs and TEBCs (and RBBCs too, but the stud RB notion is too hardwired in me, I guess). So I'm trying a little more of the "studs and duds" approach this time around; guess we'll see how it shakes out ...

hard to believe Starks goes undrafted...seems like he has rb2 in GB on lockdown...really wanted to snag him but couldn't

hard to believe Starks goes undrafted...seems like he has rb2 in GB on lockdown...really wanted to snag him but couldn't
I'm kind of a Richardson fan too. Scratching my head about this draft…seems like fewer rooks were taken and more players I like were left on the board compared to the WSLs.

QB

RB

WR

TE

ST

QB: My green-tinted glasses may be coloring this view, but I think this could compete for the highest-scoring QB tandem in PDSL2. I want me some Eagles in every fantasy draft this year, as Chip Kelly should continue to amass piles of fantasy points for his skill positions, starting with Foles. Vick is the perfect backup for a best-ball league - he'll put up a handful of pedestrian performances, then explode for 35-40 points without warning. Plus the Eagles' early bye means he might actually still be healthy to fill in when I need him most! :clap:

RB: Another strong grouping. Charles was a no-brainer at 1.02 and could easily lead the league in VBD again this year. Expecting a point drop-off from Bush as he cedes some RB touches to Bell, but his big-play ability and pass chops should still deliver value at RB15. Couldn't pass up MJD in the 9th; timeshare or no, he'll get most of the short-yardage work and should be a top-end RB3. Hill is one of the few true power backs in this year's draft - not a buyer in dynasty, but think he has GL-back potential in redraft. And Foster has a lot of miles on the odometer, so Brown should see the field quite a bit and has the talent to be the workhorse if Foster goes down.

WR: Part conscious decision and part being on the bad side of runs, but this is my obvious weak spot and one where I'll need some breakouts to compete. Happy with my top 2: Jordy might be my WR1 in every league this year if he stays at this price - he offers consistency plus top-5 upside. Wright seems undervalued this year due to 2013's low TD count, and I'll be shocked if he doesn't outperform WR25. After that, bleh. Jones may get more red-zone looks but I like Streater to emerge as Oakland's WR1 ... which is like being the tallest midget at the circus, but whatever. Jernigan and Cooks are two of another type I target in best-ball - straight burners with home-run ability who can score fantasy points in bunches. Finally, Gibson went 5 rounds later than in WSL and I'm not sure why; it's not as if Miami's going to draft Watkins or Mike Wallace is going to morph into Megatron.

TE: My TEBC decision was basically made once I passed on Cameron and Witten at the 2/3 turn, and my 1/2 here were IMO clearly the last potential TE1-caliber guys in the stable. I've never owned Bennett anywhere - to me he's basically JAG - but he is reliable and I'll take a ho-hum, 60/650/6-type season. Meanwhile Clay is young, fast, talented, and still learning his craft ... higher risk but much higher reward. Could have gone without a third TE, but it was inexplicable that a likely starter on one of the best offenses in football in Quarless was still sitting there in the 18th. All together, I expect top-half performance most weeks at the very reasonable cost of a 6th, a 7th, and a throwaway pick.

ST: Hauschka's clearly among the elite, while Buffalo just gave Carpenter an above-market extension; you don't do that with a guy you're planning to toss aside in TC. Arizona faces a murderer's row of offenses in 2014, but I'm OK rolling with them on talent alone since we're not docked for points and yards against. And I can confidently state that the Jags will outperform their draft position this season ... thanks to everyone for deciding not to roll with 3 D/STs on your roster. :thumbup:

Overall: Compared to this squad, my WSL team looks like it was drafted by a drunk monkey. Feels to me like average to above-average everywhere but WR, and I think a lot of my back-half picks fit this specific format well. But I'll have to dodge some week 5 and 9 bye issues and probably need a couple of my low-percentage WRs to really step up if I hope to be around at the end.
I like your chances if your WRs pan out. Loaded at RB.

My team:

QB - Brees (QB3, 2.03, Bye week 6) and Bortles (QB31, 11.14, ?)

Brees was #2 QB last year by a good distance over Dalton, so felt like I could let the backup slide.

Some stats vs. last year

Brees (no backup) - 425

Brees and Manuel (last year's top rookie QB heading into the draft) - 441

#3, 19, 20 - 440

#10, 11, 12 - 439

#6 and 8 - 415

I like where I am at QB, as long as Brees maintains his studness, even if Bortles doesn't amount to much

RB - Lynch (RB6, 1.14, 4), Gore (RB26, 5.14, 8), Carey (RB59, 13.14, ?), Hunter (RB62, 14.03, 8), Denard Robinson (RB67, 17.14, 11)

I hate handcuffs, and Hunter may not even be the handcuff, but I like Gore to outplay his spot by a little, Carey to outplay his spot by a lot, and I was mad when Denard Robinson got sniped from me in WSL, so happy to have him on board (I'm hearing good things).

If Lynch can avoid a Super Bowl hangover, I should be ok, but not great, here. I do like that Lynch's bye week is Week 4 - seems like a lot of teams were decimated that week.

WR - Welker (WR18, 3.14, 4), T Austin (WR41, 7.14, 4), Watkins (WR43, 8.03, ?), Evans (WR53, 9.14, ?), Jennings (WR55, 10.03, 10), Manningham (WR97, 19.14, 8), Toon (WR99, 20.03, 6)

I'm embracing best ball here for sure, and hoping at least one of the rooks works out. This is the downside of waiting until late in round 3 for #1 and 7 for #2. I feel like there are more serviceable receivers in rounds 18-20 than other positions though, so the risk I took is that I found one. My happiest pick of this group is Jennings in the 10th. A lot of WR's struggle in their first year with a new team, and the Minn QB situation was such a mess last year I can only hope it gets better. If it does and he moves up to a WR2 from WR 5, then I'll be in business. Manningham and Toon also have a chance to far outplay their spot, with Toon taking advantage of the Drew Brees Receiver of the Week program once or twice - best ball was designed for guys like him. If he can get either Kenny Stills' or Lance Moore's #'s from last year (32/641/5, 37/457/2) he would far exceed his draft spot. Especially if one of those good weeks is Week 4, when my top 2 are on bye.

TE - Olsen (TE9, 4.03, 12), Gates (TE13, 6.03, 10)

Olsen is on my "I just can't quit you" list (along with Mark Ingram), I'm going to keep drafting him until he turns into a stud or retires. The WR corps being a mess in Carolina may help him - Cam's gotta throw to someone, right? Gates is still capable of putting up big games and managed to stay healthy last year for most of the year. These guys were 7 and 8 last year, and I got them at 9 and 13, so I feel pretty good there. If I hadn't taken Gates, I probably would have taken Riley Cooper instead and then reached for Tim Wright in the 9th (over Evans). We'll see how that works out.

PK - Walsh (PK11, 15.14, 10) and Bryant (PK14, 16.03, 9)

I like having 2 that will probably not lose their jobs. Taking two of the first 16 probably feels aggressive, but there were 14 drafted between 16.04 and my next pick at 17.14, so I'm happy with the move, especially if Bryant/Chargers > than Cundiff/Steelers.

TD - Panthers (TD5, 12.03, 12) and Chargers (TD28, 18.03, 10)

Again, happy to have 2 with two different bye weeks. Would rather the bye weeks were early in the year, but I'm ok.

Overall

Not thrilled with the team, but feel like if I can get a little lucky at WR, I'll be ok. One of these days, I'll take a WR in round 1 or 2 and then I can be happy somewhere else.

I agree with this. Odd that there was RB talent available late at all, never mind that it slid out the back. Probably should have taken him over Denard Robinson, but like I think everyone from Robinson to the end, we went youth and upside over slow and steady.

So in retrospect, I realize I could have made the following "trade" (assuming these players would have still gotten to me)...

I give up:

Brees, Bortles

Lynch, Gore

Welker, Jennings

Olsen

I get:

Dalton, McCown

Mathews, S Jax

Marshall, A Brown

Tim Wright

I think I like the second team better, especially if McCown starts the whole season and puts up reasonable numbers and Dalton keeps close to last year's performance. Lesson to take to SSL I suppose...

last year may have been a career year for Dalton.....these qbs would give me zero confidence...you overrated the BAL running game...you needed another body there......you're banking on Khiry having a bigger role and that's not a done deal.. and just imo not a huge fan of the wr's....cobb a wr2 in gb but yeah a possible wr1 in fantasy.....patterson is in MIN not some great air game going on there...you "had" to take their qb in one of the last rounds...blackmon is a stud but kind of like patterson not in the best spot and who knows if he even plays....after that who knows....not a group i would want to be playing survivor with....gonna struggle if prater has down week with no backup..i agree this team might be better without cameron there.....honestly not sure this was your best effort out of the one hole....having to take cassell must have hurt and you probably could have ate the zero there and took a chance on surviving and looked elsewhere....imo this team not built to survive...i think i give you a C+ effort wise...mccoy is about the only pick i like....wink.....good luck

last year may have been a career year for Dalton.....these qbs would give me zero confidence...you overrated the BAL running game...you needed another body there......you're banking on Khiry having a bigger role and that's not a done deal.. and just imo not a huge fan of the wr's....cobb a wr2 in gb but yeah a possible wr1 in fantasy.....patterson is in MIN not some great air game going on there...you "had" to take their qb in one of the last rounds...blackmon is a stud but kind of like patterson not in the best spot and who knows if he even plays....after that who knows....not a group i would want to be playing survivor with....gonna struggle if prater has down week with no backup..i agree this team might be better without cameron there.....honestly not sure this was your best effort out of the one hole....having to take cassell must have hurt and you probably could have ate the zero there and took a chance on surviving and looked elsewhere....imo this team not built to survive...i think i give you a C+ effort wise...mccoy is about the only pick i like....wink.....good luck
Thanks for the feedback. Some rebuttal.

When you wait as late as I did at QB, you get Dalton/Hoyer.

Cobb had better ppr numbers than Nelson in 2013 and 2012. I think your flat out wrong on the WR1 in GB. Blackmon has ff WR1 talent. Stills will be the WR2 in NO, Brees throws for a lot of yards and TDs.

When we meet in the finals you're going to be asking yourself how I snagged a top 5 QB tandem, 2 WR1s, a top 5 TE, and two stud RBs. Then your going to watch one of Patterson/Stills/Jones hang a 4/120/2 28 pt week for me at my WR3 spot and hope 2015 Captain Bass selects you for his league to give you a shot at revenge.

Desperately Seeking Week 4 Immunity

QB - Rivers (10), Schaub (5)

- Could be alright. It won't outscore many teams, but it should be solid enough. C

RB - Gio/BJGE (4), Hyde (?), Anderson (4)

- As mentioned, I screwed up here and should have taken another RB. I actually looked at Taylor but that would have been another week 4 bye. Should easily get top production from the Bengals duo and Hyde seems NFL ready. C+ (would be a B if I had taken Starks or another RB)

WR - Gordon (4), Harvin (4), Sanders (4), Maclin (7), Kearse (4), Woods (9), Wilson (9), Matthews (?)

- Aside from Week 4, there shouldn't be many (any?) WR groups who outscore this collection. Really have to hope Mac/Woods/Wilson have big games against San Fran, Green Bay, and Houston. Matthews was a luxury pick but probably irrelevant to how I finish. A

TE - Rudolph (10), Graham (10)

- At least they play week 4. Rudolph should be on top of everyone's "should exceed expectations" list. Graham is a warm body. B-

PK - Vinny (10), Brown (8)

- They should both be playing week 4. Actually like this combo, but they're idiot kickers. B+

DEF - Rams (4), Raiders (5)

- Both teams have tough schedules, but big play potential. Oakland's week 4 matchup at home against the Dolphins is probably ideal. B

I like a few things I did - Bengals RB duo, the top WRs, and kickers. But really don't like my weak QBs or RB 2 and depth.

If I can make it past week 4 I like my chances as much as anyone. But this team gets a overall grade of C.

Last edited by a moderator:

- Could be alright. It won't outscore many teams, but it should be solid enough. C

- As mentioned, I screwed up here and should have taken another RB. I actually looked at Taylor but that would have been another week 4 bye. Should easily get top production from the Bengals duo and Hyde seems NFL ready. C+ (would be a B if I had taken Starks or another RB)

WR - Gordon (4), Harvin (4), Sanders (4), Maclin (7), Kearse (4), Woods (9), Wilson (9), Matthews (?)

- Aside from Week 4, there shouldn't be many (any?) WR groups who outscore this collection. Really have to hope Mac/Woods/Wilson have big games against San Fran, Green Bay, and Houston. Matthews was a luxury pick but probably irrelevant to how I finish. A

- At least they play week 4. Rudolph should be on top of everyone's "should exceed expectations" list. Graham is a warm body. B-

- They should both be playing week 4. Actually like this combo, but they're idiot kickers. B+

- Both teams have tough schedules, but big play potential. Oakland's week 4 matchup at home against the Dolphins is probably ideal. B

I like a few things I did - Bengals RB duo, the top WRs, and kickers. But really don't like my weak QBs or RB 2 and depth.

If I can make it past week 4 I like my chances as much as anyone. But this team gets a overall grade of C.
I think I like your QBs better than you do. Rivers is fantastic value at QB11 and Schaub's in as good a situation as he could have possibly gone to from a fantasy perspective. Together they may very well put your team score in the top 8 at this position.

RBs - well, Gio is a fine option at 2.07 (about where I think he belongs, not sure why he was going off the board in the 1st in the other two drafts). Knowing I could have gotten a combo like Maclin / Sanders at WR later on I'd have been tempted to forego Harvin for a guy like Ryan Mathews at 3.10 - probably 20/20 hindsight on my part though. Lack of depth might kill you here, but you know that already.

Hard to find fault with anything about your WRs. I think Gordon's getting way overdrafted in these things and I'd have taken DT over him at 1.10 personally, but I'm sure I'm in the minority on that, and you're absolutely stacked behind him regardless.

And I think your TEs deserve better than a B- grade too. Rudolph at TE10 is really good value - yeah, it kinda sucks that you had to grab him at the top half of the 4th, but with the way TEs were flying off the board it's tough to know what you'd have been left with by waiting another couple of rounds. And Graham was pretty much the last TE off the board that I wouldn't feel obligated to draft a TE3 behind later on.

Ultimately your team would have been a tough out IMO if the schedule-makers hadn't bent you over a barrel ... even then, if you're gonna have that happen, Week 4 is the best possible scenario for you, as there will still be 13 teams in the mix at that stage and the law of averages says one of those 13 is going to put up a real woofer of a week. Just so long as it's not me. :sadbanana:

[SIZE=10.5pt] :2cents: [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]1.03 Peyton Manning QB1 DEN (4)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]18.12 Ryan Fitzpatrick QB HOU (10)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Was able to add a starting QB in the 18th. Henne and Cassel were in the mix here, but got a feeling the top pick won’t be a QB in HOU so I should be ok here. Neither of those offenses really inspired me and with Ponder still around and them maybe taking a QB I could see Cassel’s hold on the job not being real great. JAC wasn’t something I wanted to mess with either. Hopefully Fitz was brought in for a reason. Manning’s bye week worked out pretty well for me here even if HOU does take a QB at some point. Hopefully in that case Fitz is still pulling the trigger in week 4. Either way, I’m not doing the QBBC dance and I locked down a top 5 guy most weeks. Being able to wait that long to address QB2 was nice. Let’s just say Fitz is the starter all year, I could see him hanging with some of the guys that were drafted WAY (like 10 rounds) ahead of him and part of some of your guys QBBC, and it only cost me a 18th.

2.14 Montee Ball RB14 DEN (4)
6.14 Darren Sproles RB30 PHI (7)
9.03 Fred Jackson RB37 BUF (9)
12.14 Knile Davis RB54 KC (6)
13.03 Donald Brown RB56 SD (10)
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Man I kept eye balling Starks as he kept falling and falling and every time I thought about taking him, I took another look at my RB’s and really didn’t think I needed it. I could be wrong but felt like I needed to go elsewhere. I feel pretty confident that most of these guys will see the field every week and I will be able to scratch a couple decent scores. The lack of a single bye week conflict also contributed to not adding another body. Ball could be top 5 like Moreno was, Sproles will get used a ton, Jackson ain’t going anywhere, Spiller ain’t the bell cow, Davis will give Charles a break here and there and showed he can produce in a big way should Charles get dinged, and I think Brown sees the field more than we think right now.

4.14 DeSean Jackson WR23 WAS (10)
5.03 Roddy White WR26 ATL (9)
7.03 Terrance Williams WR36 DAL (11)
8.14 Marvin Jones WR49 CIN (4)
10.14 Aaron Dobson WR57 NE (10)
11.03 Steve Smith WR61 BAL (11)
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]18th thru 20th rounds turned out to be pretty important picks for me. I had already made my 18th (Fitzpatrick) by the time the bye weeks were announced, so I had 2 picks left. After seeing the bye weeks I really thought about adding another body here. I was sniffing Avery or Lloyd but I just couldn’t do it. Decided to roll the dice even though I realized there will be two weeks (10-11) where I will need 3 scores out of only 4 guys. Not loving that, but that’s where Manning has to help this team. Maybe I can snag immunity or something. I think have some pop in the top 4 and I am banking on Dobson being the player we saw for a stretch last year, but this time all year. I am also rolling the dice here by counting on Smith to be more than just a “guy”. I normally like to run 7 deep here and I would have had the TE2 I was targeting not shared a bye week with my TE1. I am pretty confident Williams and Jones leave no question about who the WR2 on their teams are. My top 2 should produce most weeks so I feel good about getting 3 good to great scores here each week. Bunch of WR2’s but most with serious WR1 upside.

3.03 Jason Witten TE6 DAL (11)
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]19.03 Owen Daniels TE BAL (11)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]20.12 Rob Housler TE AZ (4)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]I had a few directions I could have gone with the 19th, but I stuck with the guy I was targeting even though he shared a bye week with Witten. I think Daniels has the chance to have some really nice weeks more than I did anybody else left. Some weeks he may totally disappear, but I think BAL goes double tight often. Pettigrew was a consideration, as was Griffin, but I think Daniels has a bigger role than those guys. In the last round I still had Starks sitting in the back of the class raising his hand, but at this point he was no longer an option, the Daniels pick shut that door. Last pick came down to WR7 or TE3, I may have #### the bed here, but at this point I thought my only goal in these is to win, you’ll never hear me say anything remotely close to being happy to finish in top 5 or whatever. My WR7 may never score for me, but my TE3 will, at least once, hopefully. Housler has the skills and I know his situation is not supposed to be very TE friendly, but I may have found a diamond in the rough here. Last year I took Delanie Walker at the end of the 17th round and a case could be made that he was my MVP of that title winning team. Housler could get some red zone love, but he can also get down the field a little. Very athletic and losing Roberts may make him more of a target on the intermediate stuff as Ginn is more of a field stretcher.

15.03 Justin Tucker PK BAL (11)
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]16.12 Ryan Succop PK KC (6)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]14.14 Baltimore DST (11)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]17.03 Tennessee DST (9)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Overall: Weeks 4, 10, 11 are trouble spots, but if I navigate those, I like my chances. I avoid rookies in almost all of these; the rookie love this year was amazing. I maybe should have rolled the dice on a 7th WR but I decided to roll them the other way, Housler may pick me up more often than I think should Witten/Daniels have a bad week. This team sniffs monster zone should one or more of Spiller/Charles/Mathews go down. Top to bottom I think this is a pretty solid survivor team. If I make it past Manning’s bye week (4), I could have decent chance of not finishing last most weeks and I could be a tough out. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Really enjoyed this draft and the discussion….good luck to you guys….. :banned: [/SIZE]

Mr. I, thanks. I do like the team, just not the schedule. Plus I'm kicking myself for brain farting the last round.

5.16 Pictus Cat Kaepernick, Colin SFO QB (8)

7.16 Pictus Cat Bradford, Sam STL QB (4)

10.01 Pictus Cat Manziel, Johnny ROOK QB

Two with a job. Kaps crime details seem a little goofy. I'm taking the under on missing any time because of it...I also drafted Hernandez in last years SSL. Added Johnny Football My 3rd QB has upside and could crack in a few weeks.

3.16 Pictus Cat Mathews, Ryan SDC RB (9)

6.01 Pictus Cat Bell, Joique DET RB (10)

8.01 Pictus Cat Thomas, Pierre NOS RB (6)

18.01 Pictus Cat Seastrunk, Lache FA RB ®

Mathews has a hold of the job. The other RBs in SDs stables are a concern for some fantasy owners, but the flip side is motivation for Mathews. Color me half full. Bell will produce some stats with the upside of who gets hurt first in DET. Pierre may find some more targets vacated by Sproles.

1.16 Pictus Cat Jones, Julio ATL WR (9)

2.01 Pictus Cat Marshall, Brandon CHI WR (9)

9.16 Pictus Cat Steve Johnson WR BUF (9)

13.16 Pictus Cat Nate Washington WR TEN (9)

14.01 Pictus Cat Vincent Brown WR SD (10)

17.16 Pictus Cat Moore, Lance PIT WR (12)

20.01 Pictus Cat Thompkins, Kenbrell NEP WR (12)

Julio becomes a bigger part of the offense as the aged fade. Cutler telegraphs his passes, so he requires WRs that can bail him out. Enter the beast. Waiting for Johnson to break out as the #1 in Buffalo. At least they are trying to add more weapons to get some defensive focus off him.

4.01 Pictus Cat Pitta, Dennis BAL TE (11)

11.16 Pictus Cat Wright, Timothy TB TE (7)

Productive TE with more weapons on offense to get him more on an island.

15.16 Nick Novak PK SDC (9)

19.16 Chris Boswell PK

12.01 Pictus Cat Denver Broncos DST (4)

16.01 Pictus Cat Philadelphia Eagles DST (7)

RB cerebrus, QB and TE should churn mid #s. Tonight's schedule may sway which way I go from here.

Last two picks were to add a fighting chance week 9. I was ok with one kicker until he was off on the worst week of my team. Added Thompkins to have a 3rd WR that week too. Without the bye blues, I would been comfortable going any position but QB.

Two with a job. Kaps crime details seem a little goofy. I'm taking the under on missing any time because of it...I also drafted Hernandez in last years SSL. Added Johnny Football My 3rd QB has upside and could crack in a few weeks.

Mathews has a hold of the job. The other RBs in SDs stables are a concern for some fantasy owners, but the flip side is motivation for Mathews. Color me half full. Bell will produce some stats with the upside of who gets hurt first in DET. Pierre may find some more targets vacated by Sproles.

Julio becomes a bigger part of the offense as the aged fade. Cutler telegraphs his passes, so he requires WRs that can bail him out. Enter the beast. Waiting for Johnson to break out as the #1 in Buffalo. At least they are trying to add more weapons to get some defensive focus off him.

19.16 Chris Boswell PK

RB cerebrus, QB and TE should churn mid #s. Tonight's schedule may sway which way I go from here.

Last two picks were to add a fighting chance week 9. I was ok with one kicker until he was off on the worst week of my team. Added Thompkins to have a 3rd WR that week too. Without the bye blues, I would been comfortable going any position but QB.
I like Wright as backup TE.

Remember to fix Boswell on the site - he wasn't available for drafting.

19.16 Chris Boswell PK

I really like how this team turned out. You did exceptionally well at RB and QB without burning much pick capital.

It will be interesting to see how Mr. Irrelevant, Reaper and FF Ninja do with the RB-RB drafting plan (or was it just BPA?) I don't personnally love the make-up of the rosters but the strtegy is worth paying attention to. Might be more viable in best ball.

It will be interesting to see how Mr. Irrelevant, Reaper and FF Ninja do with the RB-RB drafting plan (or was it just BPA?) I don't personnally love the make-up of the rosters but the strtegy is worth paying attention to. Might be more viable in best ball.
I guess you could say my RB-RB strategy was deliberate - with Charles being #1 overall on my board, my first pick was hardly a "strategy", but if I were going straight BPA I might have gone Cobb or Cameron over Bush at 2.15. If I'd been drafting out of the 8 or the 15 slot my "plan" probably changes.

But in general I don't think it's a bad idea to wait on WR3 (and maybe even WR2) in best-ball leagues ... scoring differentials between each "tier" are remarkably similar for RB / WR / TE in this format in particular, but variability isn't. Looking back over the past couple of years, the guys in the low-end WR2 to WR3 range have a lot more game-to-game variability than the low-end RB2 to RB3 guys. Which sort of accords with intuition ... a lot of the WRs in that range year after year are deep threats or red-zone targets, the Coopers / Sanders / Douglases of the world who will go 1/14/0 one week and 6/110/2 the next, whereas their RB counterparts tend to be the BJGE / Blount / Quizz type plodders who put up a lot of 18/68/0 stat lines. Much rather be relying on the former group of guys in a best-ball.

Also seems that when value "falls into people's laps" in these things, more often than not it's at the WR position ... didn't happen as much as I was hoping in this one or the top end of my WR corps could have been Nelson / Wright / Randle / Jennings, which I'd like a lot more than what I wound up with.

I guess you could say my RB-RB strategy was deliberate - with Charles being #1 overall on my board, my first pick was hardly a "strategy", but if I were going straight BPA I might have gone Cobb or Cameron over Bush at 2.15. If I'd been drafting out of the 8 or the 15 slot my "plan" probably changes.

But in general I don't think it's a bad idea to wait on WR3 (and maybe even WR2) in best-ball leagues ... scoring differentials between each "tier" are remarkably similar for RB / WR / TE in this format in particular, but variability isn't. Looking back over the past couple of years, the guys in the low-end WR2 to WR3 range have a lot more game-to-game variability than the low-end RB2 to RB3 guys. Which sort of accords with intuition ... a lot of the WRs in that range year after year are deep threats or red-zone targets, the Coopers / Sanders / Douglases of the world who will go 1/14/0 one week and 6/110/2 the next, whereas their RB counterparts tend to be the BJGE / Blount / Quizz type plodders who put up a lot of 18/68/0 stat lines. Much rather be relying on the former group of guys in a best-ball.

Also seems that when value "falls into people's laps" in these things, more often than not it's at the WR position ... didn't happen as much as I was hoping in this one or the top end of my WR corps could have been Nelson / Wright / Randle / Jennings, which I'd like a lot more than what I wound up with.
I you take Cameron I go Cobb/Harvin and you still get Bush. I had a lot of Bush over the years, but Bell really concerns me this year. I was hoping to get Bell later. That said, he will be a difference maker for you in many weeks.

QB

RB

WR

TE

ST

I think you may struggle to get a decent RB2 score some weeks....Bush could be a non factor some weeks....

and really struggle with WR2 and WR3 scores......I think you are massively overrating Wright and I couldn't disagree more about being shocked if he doesn't outperform WR25....it wouldn't shock me at all....but just IMO....who knows where Streater shakes out in OK....he had 3 catches or less last year in half of the games.....add Jones....Moore still around....Holmes was their best WR down the stretch....and maybe adding Watkins in the draft....heck would we really be surprised if he got cut.....I know the QB situation in OK was a mess and it should improve, but again expecting him to emerge as the WR1 may be overrating him a little as well...he smells like being drafted as a WR 5-6 in this format to me....after that you have a crapshoot...

week 9 is going to be tough with Bush, your top 2 WR's, and 2 of your 3 TE's out.......

IMO I think you are going to need to ham n egg monster weeks from Foles, Vick, Charles to avoid elimination.....I don't see many immunities here and see you hovering around the cut line most weeks....not trying to be negaitve nancy and this was for discussion purposes only but personally not a fan of the work you did after round 4, probably mostly cause we may just currently be on the opposite side of the field on some of your core guys and the previous discussion about your 6-7 turn....

19.16 Chris Boswell PK

I really like how this team turned out. You did exceptionally well at RB and QB without burning much pick capital.
I'm cool with this team too except for RB.....Mathews still scares me and if Robinson pushes for PT in NO it may mean less PT for PT....Bell/Bush could trade off being non factors or splitting stats.....but I like the rest

Yeah, sorry I've been MIA, this draft was crazy for me, Cruise/vacation and all... Those RB-RB picks were BPA for me. I wanted Jimmy Graham and settled for Adrian Peterson...

Wanted a WR in round 2 and my tier ended at Jefferey....

I have soured on Zac Stacy since the draft tho... In the same scenario my rankings would give me Monte Ball now mostly based on the offenses... I just hate Brian Schottenheimer as an OC. I think STL needs to move on from him and Bradford.

Awesome article on STL right here... http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/73320714/will-the-st-louis-rams-draft-a-quarterback-to-replace-sam-bradford

I thought you killed this draft thru 7 rounds....but then went into WR overkill the rest of the way....one of your 10 or 11 picks could have locked up a decent RB and then got a body at TE later......and/or somehow someway one of those picks after Anderson should have been at least one RB instead of the 3 WR's that you ended up taking....your brainfart in the 20th of not taking a RB, probably should have been addressed somewhere in rounds 17-19 anyway....

QB

RB

WR

TE

ST

I think you may struggle to get a decent RB2 score some weeks....Bush could be a non factor some weeks....

and really struggle with WR2 and WR3 scores......I think you are massively overrating Wright and I couldn't disagree more about being shocked if he doesn't outperform WR25....it wouldn't shock me at all....but just IMO....who knows where Streater shakes out in OK....he had 3 catches or less last year in half of the games.....add Jones....Moore still around....Holmes was their best WR down the stretch....and maybe adding Watkins in the draft....heck would we really be surprised if he got cut.....I know the QB situation in OK was a mess and it should improve, but again expecting him to emerge as the WR1 may be overrating him a little as well...he smells like being drafted as a WR 5-6 in this format to me....after that you have a crapshoot...

week 9 is going to be tough with Bush, your top 2 WR's, and 2 of your 3 TE's out.......

IMO I think you are going to need to ham n egg monster weeks from Foles, Vick, Charles to avoid elimination.....I don't see many immunities here and see you hovering around the cut line most weeks....not trying to be negaitve nancy and this was for discussion purposes only but personally not a fan of the work you did after round 4, probably mostly cause we may just currently be on the opposite side of the field on some of your core guys and the previous discussion about your 6-7 turn....
0% chance Streater gets cut.

I pretty much agree but that is probably based more on other factors ........and I think we might raise an eyebrow, but not be surprised/shocked....if they ended up drafting Watkins.....and could only keep 4 of these 5 and money was not a factor....would you bet your house that Streater wasn't the one let go...

Watkins

Jones

Moore

Streater

Holmes

just trying to say talent wise....he isn't that special/irreplaceable....

Stinkin Ref said:
Shadowfax said:
I pretty much agree but that is probably based more on other factors ........and I think we might raise an eyebrow, but not be surprised/shocked....if they ended up drafting Watkins.....and could only keep 4 of these 5 and money was not a factor....would you bet your house that Streater wasn't the one let go...

Watkins

Jones

Moore

Streater

Holmes

just trying to say talent wise....he isn't that special/irreplaceable....
I agree he's not special/irreplaceable but he was their most reliable WR last year. Even if they draft Watkins, I think all 5 will stay. Moore, Streater and Holmes are cheap ($500-700K) and are all FA next year. But if 1 HAD to go, I think they try and move Moore.

19.16 Chris Boswell PK

I'm cool with this team too except for RB.....Mathews still scares me and if Robinson pushes for PT in NO it may mean less PT for PT....Bell/Bush could trade off being non factors or splitting stats.....but I like the rest
A fantasy RBBC for sure. Likley would have added another until byes hit. Will need the cylinders timed right on the RB. I did not like this end of the draft. Would you trade your high draft pick and later second for the end turn? Every round?:sick:

No need to apologize ... always good to hear another viewpoint, this place would be pretty boring if everyone was afraid to criticize.

And I really respect your opinions in general Ref, but your being so down on Wright just baffles me ... and he's gone 5th round in all 5 of these survivors YTD so I don't feel like I have a minority view here. The Titans aren't in position to draft Watkins (the only rook who'd scare me opposite Wright right out of the chute) and the best they could do in FA was Dexter freakin' McCluster. Where else are all those targets going to go? Hunter should pick up quite a few, I guess, but beyond that - Delanie Walker? Nate Washington? Shonn Greene?! C'mon now. Not only am I not worried about Wright, at WR25 he offers a lot more upside than downside IMO.

As for Bush, it's not like Bell is some shiny new toy for the Lions. The guy put up 2,000+ YFS for them in the past 2 years ... and yet Bush still finished RB13 and RB7. Even if you flat-out flipped workloads for them, Bell was RB14 last year ... is Bush's floor really much lower than that? At RB15 Reggie was the last of a tier before a BIG drop-off to the likes of Morris / Ellington / Vereen in my mind, which was another reason to grab him where I did. Yeah, there may be a few weeks where he disappears, but I've got enough bench strength at RB to fill those gaps.

As far as week 9 trouble ... looks like I'm gonna have to root for Pictus Cat to make it that far alongside me. :P

No need to apologize ... always good to hear another viewpoint, this place would be pretty boring if everyone was afraid to criticize.

And I really respect your opinions in general Ref, but your being so down on Wright just baffles me ... and he's gone 5th round in all 5 of these survivors YTD so I don't feel like I have a minority view here. The Titans aren't in position to draft Watkins (the only rook who'd scare me opposite Wright right out of the chute) and the best they could do in FA was Dexter freakin' McCluster. Where else are all those targets going to go? Hunter should pick up quite a few, I guess, but beyond that - Delanie Walker? Nate Washington? Shonn Greene?! C'mon now. Not only am I not worried about Wright, at WR25 he offers a lot more upside than downside IMO.

As for Bush, it's not like Bell is some shiny new toy for the Lions. The guy put up 2,000+ YFS for them in the past 2 years ... and yet Bush still finished RB13 and RB7. Even if you flat-out flipped workloads for them, Bell was RB14 last year ... is Bush's floor really much lower than that? At RB15 Reggie was the last of a tier before a BIG drop-off to the likes of Morris / Ellington / Vereen in my mind, which was another reason to grab him where I did. Yeah, there may be a few weeks where he disappears, but I've got enough bench strength at RB to fill those gaps.

As far as week 9 trouble ... looks like I'm gonna have to root for Pictus Cat to make it that far alongside me. :P
yeah my sour meter on Wright is on full tilt.....I have zero leg to stand on for any real reason why....other than my gut telling me that last year was ceiling/career year and I expect a drop off.....and I will go ahead and make that call and stand by it......and respectfully eat crow if wrong....personally I think he will fall somehwere in the middle of year 1 and year 2 production....

yeah my sour meter on Wright is on full tilt.....I have zero leg to stand on for any real reason why....other than my gut telling me that last year was ceiling/career year and I expect a drop off.....and I will go ahead and make that call and stand by it......and respectfully eat crow if wrong....personally I think he will fall somehwere in the middle of year 1 and year 2 production....
I don't know. Hunter should be the #1 receiver, Walker will get some but if locker stays healthy I think the Titans could be much improved from last year.

QB

RB

WR

TE

ST

Did you just seriously say that Streater could get cut? Not going to happen. He was the Raiders best most consistent WR last year. If anyone gets traded if the Raiders Draft Watkins or Evans it will be Denarius Moore. He is maddeningly inconsistent. He will play well for a few weeks and then disapeer for a few weeks. Plus Moore is a free agent next season and I get the feeling Reggie is ready to move on from him. Once McGloin replaced Pryor Streater really started to look good last year. A QB that could actually throw the ball with some accuracy. I have a feeling Schaub can only help Streater get better. If I had to guess right now the depth chart is, Jones, Streater, Moore, Holmes. Which could change with Watkins or Evans getting drafted in which case it would be Watkins/Evans, Jones, Streater, Holmes with Moore probably out by trade if they can find a trading partner.

Did you just seriously say that Streater could get cut? Not going to happen. He was the Raiders best most consistent WR last year. If anyone gets traded if the Raiders Draft Watkins or Evans it will be Denarius Moore. He is maddeningly inconsistent. He will play well for a few weeks and then disapeer for a few weeks. Plus Moore is a free agent next season and I get the feeling Reggie is ready to move on from him. Once McGloin replaced Pryor Streater really started to look good last year. A QB that could actually throw the ball with some accuracy. I have a feeling Schaub can only help Streater get better. If I had to guess right now the depth chart is, Jones, Streater, Moore, Holmes. Which could change with Watkins or Evans getting drafted in which case it would be Watkins/Evans, Jones, Streater, Holmes with Moore probably out by trade if they can find a trading partner.
need to read the following post with the hypothetical...if you take money, age, and years left with team, etc. out of the question.......and go strictly off talent...and you could only keep 4 of the 5....Streater is not that much more special than any of the other 4....thats all I was saying.....in a sitaution like that, I would not be surprised/shocked, whatever to see him be the odd man out/cut.....a case could be made that Holmes was pretty solid and actually probably the best WR down the stretch which is when he got his opportunity, so if you flip flopped them in your last ranking..... Streater enters the conversation.....he's not even that special of a guy on his own team and I was responding to Mr. I's claim as him emeging as the #1......

Sweet Love's write up in the other discussion thread got me thinking.....

"Wish I Woulda Got"

WIWG: Emmanuel Sanders....I had a chance to get him but took Terrance Williams instead.....I like Williams more, but I was hoping Sanders would make it back to my next pick but that was a pipe dream

WIWG: Travis Kelce.....I was hoping he would fall a little bit more as I was hoping to pair him with Witten

WIWG: Seattle DST....they went at 10.12 I was taking them at 10.14 no doubt

WIWG: Khiry Robinson....kills me to say this one cause Bass took him....but I really like his upside and I was hoping to get him in at 11.03.....he went 11.01...

WIWG: LaGarrette Blount.....man I really wanted him and thought I would have no problem getting him later but he went at 11.08 in our draft compared to 15.13 in PDSL3 which was ahead of us and 13.15 in PDSL1.....this one hurt as I see him getting some PT and running over some fools in PIT....just goes to show that in a 16 team league, it only takes one other guy to be high or higher on your guy, and sometimes while it may look like a reach, it's what you have to do if you like somebody.....

Wish I Would Have Got

Harvin/Crabtree - Hugely undervalued in this format. I wasn't really in a draft position to select them.

Amendola - Would have passed on Pierce for him. He went just prior to my pick. I think he puts up huge numbers this year in NE.

DeAngelo Williams and Stewart - DW went 6 picks before I had him cued up. Was banking on that combo to lock up good production in Carolina.

Harry Douglas - Once again 6 picks prior. I se him picking up a lot of Gonzo's production.

Ace Sanders - had plenty of opportunity until the bye weeks came out and sent me in another direction. Would have been cheap insurance for Blackmon.

Daryl Richardson - I just have a gut feeling he's as talented as Stacey.

Glad to see Harvin and Sanders on the WIWG lists

MY WIWHT (Wish I would have taken):

6th: Sproles or Ridley over Maclin. Just to get a better RB2

8th: Vick over Hyde. Rivers would have provided stability, Vick boom/bust. Could have gotten a rookie RB later.

9th: Kelce over Schaub. Only would have worked if I had taken a QB2 earlier.

10th: Green or Hunter over Graham. Was basically forced into TE here, with Kelce on board could have gone BPA

14th: Bailey over Anderson. Close, but if my RB2 were more stable, could have afforded to take Bailey

20th: Taylor (or a different RB with non-week 4 bye) over Matthews.

Caught a break here. Jags pass on Watkins gives me hope for Blackmon. Mr. Irrelevant is now the #1 WR in Carolina. Beckham should feet a shot in NYG.

Caught a break here. Jags pass on Watkins gives me hope for Blackmon. Mr. Irrelevant is now the #1 WR in Carolina. Beckham should feet a shot in NYG.
You may have hope, but it looks like the Jags don't...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000346170/article/jaguars-gm-justin-blackmon-playing-in-14-unlikely

My team:

Brees was #2 QB last year by a good distance over Dalton, so felt like I could let the backup slide.

Some stats vs. last year

Brees (no backup) - 425

#3, 19, 20 - 440

#10, 11, 12 - 439

#6 and 8 - 415

I like where I am at QB, as long as Brees maintains his studness, even if Bortles doesn't amount to much

RB - Lynch (RB6, 1.14, 4), Gore (RB26, 5.14, 8), Carey (RB59, 13.14, ?), Hunter (RB62, 14.03, 8), Denard Robinson (RB67, 17.14, 11)

I hate handcuffs, and Hunter may not even be the handcuff, but I like Gore to outplay his spot by a little, Carey to outplay his spot by a lot, and I was mad when Denard Robinson got sniped from me in WSL, so happy to have him on board (I'm hearing good things).

If Lynch can avoid a Super Bowl hangover, I should be ok, but not great, here. I do like that Lynch's bye week is Week 4 - seems like a lot of teams were decimated that week.

WR - Welker (WR18, 3.14, 4), T Austin (WR41, 7.14, 4), Watkins (WR43, 8.03, ?), Evans (WR53, 9.14, ?), Jennings (WR55, 10.03, 10), Manningham (WR97, 19.14, 8), Toon (WR99, 20.03, 6)

I'm embracing best ball here for sure, and hoping at least one of the rooks works out. This is the downside of waiting until late in round 3 for #1 and 7 for #2. I feel like there are more serviceable receivers in rounds 18-20 than other positions though, so the risk I took is that I found one. My happiest pick of this group is Jennings in the 10th. A lot of WR's struggle in their first year with a new team, and the Minn QB situation was such a mess last year I can only hope it gets better. If it does and he moves up to a WR2 from WR 5, then I'll be in business. Manningham and Toon also have a chance to far outplay their spot, with Toon taking advantage of the Drew Brees Receiver of the Week program once or twice - best ball was designed for guys like him. If he can get either Kenny Stills' or Lance Moore's #'s from last year (32/641/5, 37/457/2) he would far exceed his draft spot. Especially if one of those good weeks is Week 4, when my top 2 are on bye.

Olsen is on my "I just can't quit you" list (along with Mark Ingram), I'm going to keep drafting him until he turns into a stud or retires. The WR corps being a mess in Carolina may help him - Cam's gotta throw to someone, right? Gates is still capable of putting up big games and managed to stay healthy last year for most of the year. These guys were 7 and 8 last year, and I got them at 9 and 13, so I feel pretty good there. If I hadn't taken Gates, I probably would have taken Riley Cooper instead and then reached for Tim Wright in the 9th (over Evans). We'll see how that works out.

I like having 2 that will probably not lose their jobs. Taking two of the first 16 probably feels aggressive, but there were 14 drafted between 16.04 and my next pick at 17.14, so I'm happy with the move, especially if Bryant/Chargers > than Cundiff/Steelers.

Again, happy to have 2 with two different bye weeks. Would rather the bye weeks were early in the year, but I'm ok.

Overall

Not thrilled with the team, but feel like if I can get a little lucky at WR, I'll be ok. One of these days, I'll take a WR in round 1 or 2 and then I can be happy somewhere else.
My rookie heavy team did ok today.

1. Gotta think Bortles will start for Jacksonville in Week 6 (assuming he's healthy)

2. Watkins going to the Bills isn't my favorite, but I like Evans with the Bucs, and at least neither has a Week 4 bye

3. One more to wait for - Carey

My team:

Some stats vs. last year

Brees (no backup) - 425

#3, 19, 20 - 440

#10, 11, 12 - 439

#6 and 8 - 415

Overall

My rookie heavy team did ok today.

1. Gotta think Bortles will start for Jacksonville in Week 6 (assuming he's healthy)

2. Watkins going to the Bills isn't my favorite, but I like Evans with the Bucs, and at least neither has a Week 4 bye

3. One more to wait for - Carey
Jags saying bortles will sit and watch this year. Oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread