What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Peanuts in Chinese food (1 Viewer)

JB Breakfast Club said:
Scoresman said:
i'm surprised the Chinese haven't been sued up and down by liberal soccer mom's whose unique snowflake kids named Piper and Jaydon have a peanut dust allergy.
my son, Jayce has the nut allergy. Hendrix doesn't. We avoid Chinese food entirely.
Yep it's common sense for people with nut allergies to avoid Chinese restaurants.

Love kung pao chicken
Hell yeah, and extra spicy with lots of the blackened dried chilies (must eat them ...). Kung pao anything - shrimp, beef, pork, octopus, scallops, duck, whatever.
I picked those out too. Next time I'm ordering ONLY chicken! :gang1:
RN - if you really like spicy, give them a try. I cut them up and eat a little bit with each bite. They have a great smokey taste and not just hot. its not good unless the back of your head is sweating.

There was something else in there (which of course I picked out) that gave the entire dish a bizarre flavor. Hard to even describe. Kind of tangy, but not pleasurable. I think it was these thin green strips of something. Seemed totally out of place and was disgusting.

There was something else in there (which of course I picked out) that gave the entire dish a bizarre flavor. Hard to even describe. Kind of tangy, but not pleasurable. I think it was these thin green strips of something. Seemed totally out of place and was disgusting.
Green Papaya?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm against nuts of any kind of food unless its Thai.

Papaya Salad with beef jerky and crushed peanuts

Pad thai with peanuts are both a must.

#### I'm hungry.

Green onion?

Peanuts arrived on the scene in China some time in the 17th Century, and immediately found their way into the culinary lexicon, used so extensively to the point where they are a clear line of demarcation when studying the history of Chinese cooking (pre-peanut vs post-peanut). Today, they are grown all over the country and are a component in almost every regional cuisine, as well as almost all the cuisines of Southeast Asia...

Peanuts arrived on the scene in China some time in the 17th Century, and immediately found their way into the culinary lexicon, used so extensively to the point where they are a clear line of demarcation when studying the history of Chinese cooking (pre-peanut vs post-peanut). Today, they are grown all over the country and are a component in almost every regional cuisine, as well as almost all the cuisines of Southeast Asia...
Its because they are #### in' smart.

Love peanuts and appreciate them as part of every dish I've had them in.

Btw, crunchy peanut butter and sriracha is one of the best sandwiches in the history of mankind. A touch of honey works well with it too.

Users who are viewing this thread