What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

People are waiting in line outside the Circuit City here (3 Viewers)

Black Friday was epic 10 years ago because tech was advancing fast and really good stuff had to be blown out to make room for much better stuff. Now the best improvements are cosmetic TITANIUM!!!!
It really started going downhill IMO when all the big stores started coming out with special models just for Black Friday. Sure, that Toshiba big screen tv LOOKED just like the really highly rated model, but that P at the end of the model number isn’t the same tv. It’s got worse resolution, a worse refresh rate, half the HDMI inputs, etc. So it’s not actually all that good of a deal.

The Christmas season is officially upon us with the annual bumping of this thread. .
Death, taxes and the FFA Holiday Circuit City thread.

God bless America.
Makes me think of the HBFA thread too. Brings a tear to my eye. 😢 Great times!
HBFA thread — acronym for?
Hot Blond Flight Attendant.
I boarded a flight the other day and thought about her. I haven't flown that same route in years, but I wonder if I may bump into her again one day. Probably she's hung up her wings for a family by now.

• Sad
Reactions: JAA
The Christmas season is officially upon us with the annual bumping of this thread. .
Death, taxes and the FFA Holiday Circuit City thread.

God bless America.
Makes me think of the HBFA thread too. Brings a tear to my eye. 😢 Great times!
HBFA thread — acronym for?
Hot Blond Flight Attendant.
I boarded a flight the other day and thought about her. I haven't flown that same route in years, but I wonder if I may bump into her again one day. Probably she's hung up her wings for a family by now.
Still trying to close the deal?

I kid, I know you settled down now.

It's a 46" 1080p LCD for $1299
The holiday season can now commence with the annual bumping of this thread.

This was the first time clicking on the thread since the new board so I was taken to the very first page. I read through several pages and came across bentley's post.

I tried to find the price of that model today but was unable to locate the exact match because they probably have not manufactured it in ten years.

The mirrors...the mirrors.
15 years later I still have the tv that I bought the next day instead of standing in line. Watched the Cowboys beat the Vikings Sunday on it.

Sad to report that the TV went to Household Hazardous Waste last month. It still worked but it was time for a lighter model. RIP to 15 years and 11 months of value.

I have a 60 inch Phillips that I bought 25 years ago from Rent-A-Center. You know one of those tv's that are on wheels and the case is the size of a small car. When we moved in our house 19 years ago, we had the movers put it in the downstairs basement level, but they had to take out all the railings and the banisters to get it down there. It still works, but I have no idea what I am going to do with it. I am not dismantling everything again, just to have it hauled away. I have seen some social media posts where people actually want the screens on these tv's because they make for an extra powerful magnifying glasses. I saw videos of guys burning things using it, so there is that I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread