What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Peppers, LJ for Cedric Benson? (1 Viewer)

Timberlend

Footballguy
Hey folks!Thanks so much for taking the time to click my post.Im in a dynasty league and i just recently selected Cedric Benson with the 2nd overall pick in our draft.Our league incorportates IDPsNow I've been offered Larry Johnson and Julius Peppers for Cedric Benson but im not sure i should do it. I know Larry is looking to be the next one in KC, but im very nervous about waiting for this player. The offer of Peppers and LJ looks to be solid but im just unsure.Im very anxious to know what some of the other fantasy owners across the country think about such a deal.Im not concerned with the points this year, but again im stumped on what the timeline would be for Priest to hang up the cleats.Thanks a million guys for taking the time to respond or even read my post!Looking forward to a bevy of responses.............

Depends on your scoring system/starting requirements, but i cant see any way i would not do this trade. To me, LJ is just as valuable as Benson in a dynasty league. Throw in one of the, if not the best defensive player in the league and i cant see any way you do not do this trade.

I'd take that in a millisecond.LJ has shown that he can handle a full-time role, Benson hasn't. Could Benson be better than LJ over the next 4-5 years, barring injury? Yes, but I think Benson's best shot to be better than LJ in any given season is LJ getting hurt or Benson getting a full-time job sooner. And Peppers is really good.

First, thanks for the speedy response friend! :) Our scoring system is pretty indepth. Points for passing, rushing and receiving yards, TDs of course. Defensively; tackles, Ints, fumbles and recovery.Love the response, I would love to hear some of the other guru's take on the topic.Once again thanks a million for your post friend! :)

First, thanks for the speedy response friend!

:)

Our scoring system is pretty indepth. Points for passing, rushing and receiving yards, TDs of course. Defensively; tackles, Ints, fumbles and recovery.

Love the response, I would love to hear some of the other guru's take on the topic.

Once again thanks a million for your post friend!

Alas, a breath of fresh air from a rookieposter-good beginning I think Benson and Peppers for LJ is the way that would make me scratch my head, not the pair you've been offered.

Our scoring system is pretty indepth.  Points for passing, rushing and receiving yards, TDs of course.  Defensively; tackles, Ints, fumbles and recovery.

Love the response, I would love to hear some of the other guru's take on the topic.

Alas, a breath of fresh air from a rookieposter-good beginning I think Benson and Peppers for LJ is the way that would make me scratch my head, not the pair you've been offered.
Thanks a million for the compliment friend!This forum is a treasure, being able to communicate with fantasy owners around the world is a huge help. Im just wondering why i waited 2 years to sign up!

LOL!

Im a little unclear on your comment about............"I think Benson and Peppers for LJ is the way that would make me scratch my head, not the pair you've been offered"

Do u mean that Peppers and Benson makes more sense?

You didn't list sacks. How about roster sizes & starting requirements, although unless you get some kind of wacky points for Bears players, I can't fathom why not to do it - unless IDP's basically don't score at all.

You didn't list sacks. How about roster sizes & starting requirements, although unless you get some kind of wacky points for Bears players, I can't fathom why not to do it - unless IDP's basically don't score at all.
Shoot, sacks of course, hehehehe.We start 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB.

My defense is very good as it is with the likes of..............Ed Reed, Jay Taylor, Brian Urlacher, Spikes.

I think that what he's saying is that Peppers is such a good IDP, that using him as a throw in between 2 roughly equal players is crazy.I'd take LJ for Benson straight up. If you throw in a startable IDP, that's gravy. To throw in a top IDP is nuts.

I'd take that in a millisecond.

LJ has shown that he can handle a full-time role, Benson hasn't.

Could Benson be better than LJ over the next 4-5 years, barring injury? Yes, but I think Benson's best shot to be better than LJ in any given season is LJ getting hurt or Benson getting a full-time job sooner. And Peppers is really good.
What about the fact that LJ is 25 and Cedric is 22?Would u let that affect your decision to trade?

Last edited by a moderator:
Shoot, sacks of course, hehehehe.

We start 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB.

My defense is very good as it is with the likes of..............Ed Reed, Jay Taylor, Brian Urlacher, Spikes.

I don't see any DL's listed there. :D

Think about this: LJ versus Benson in dynasty ADP is pretty close.

We haven't seen Benson play in the NFL to know if he's gonna be good, great, terrible, okay, have a waiting period needing diapers, etc. We've seen LJ.

I'd take the deal before it gets pulled - I understand that it's so good, you're going "I must be missing something". I've been there, and had opponents bragging about the deals to boot. Just say yes to accepting dumb offers quickly that are good for you.

25 versus 22 is not as important as:can play at high level versus can play at unknown levelKC OL versus Bears OLAlso, RB's have limited shelf life, and Benson's extra work in college versus LJ in college & the pros so far might mitigate the age some.We can't predict beyond 3-4-5 years with much certainty, so take 2 shots at an elite player rather than 1 - although I'd call Peppers elite, so it's really 1 elite & 1 shot at elite versus 1 shot at elite.

While I am not on the LJ bandwagon right now, the future of LJ is as bright as Benson's. Priest may have a year or two left but I think we will start to see a Jackson/Faulk scenario. Benson as stated earlier is unproven, may be a Rashaan Salaam or a Gale Sayers but you know that LJ can handle being a featured back in a very successful offense. Oh ya you also get a freak of nature in Peppers.

Our scoring system is pretty indepth.  Points for passing, rushing and receiving yards, TDs of course.  Defensively; tackles, Ints, fumbles and recovery.

Thanks a million for the compliment friend!This forum is a treasure, being able to communicate with fantasy owners around the world is a huge help. Im just wondering why i waited 2 years to sign up!

LOL!

Im a little unclear on your comment about............"I think Benson and Peppers for LJ is the way that would make me scratch my head, not the pair you've been offered"

Do u mean that Peppers and Benson makes more sense?
LJ for Benson and Peppers is a tough one. LJ AND Peppers for Benson is easy-Do the trade.

***Dials Number***LMAO!Gawd you fellas have totally swung me over. One of the posters mentioned the mentality of its too good to be true. Thats exactly how i felt when i was offered. :wall: I admit i was a little nervous about LJ's age, but that was a great point about Benson's workload in college.Guys thanks so much for your input!This forum rules! :thumbup:

Why are people even asking about the scoring system? It's irrelevant b/c Benson for LJ alone is a smart deal. I guess if you've played in leagues where RBs from KC score differently than RBs from Chicago or DEs score negative points for sacks you'd find the need to ask.

The only way I don't trade for Johnson and Peppers is if I'm forced to start Peppers at QB.

Shoot, sacks of course, hehehehe.

We start 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB.

I don't see any DL's listed there. :D

Think about this: LJ versus Benson in dynasty ADP is pretty close.

We haven't seen Benson play in the NFL to know if he's gonna be good, great, terrible, okay, have a waiting period needing diapers, etc. We've seen LJ.

I'd take the deal before it gets pulled - I understand that it's so good, you're going "I must be missing something". I've been there, and had opponents bragging about the deals to boot. Just say yes to accepting dumb offers quickly that are good for you.

do the tradePeppers was the best defensive player in the nfl last year. LJ's risk/reward is far greater than Benson's being that he's playing for da bears, and having TJones to battle with

uhh LJ >>>>> BENSON. LJ 9 tds in 6 games. Period.Benson, who knows. There are lots of 1st round RB busts. And you need to post your whole scoring system. 1.5 pts for a solo, and .5 for ast, 2 for a sack, changes things. 1 for solo, .5 for ast, and 5 for sack, changes things. Telling us sacks count doesn't mean anything.But regardless of the scoring, do the trade.

Users who are viewing this thread