What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Personalized Thigh Pads? (1 Viewer)

Dizzy

Footballguy
Maybe I’m late to the party here, but last night was the first time I noticed this… and even then it wasn’t until Michael Irvin pointed it out in the post-game interview. CeeDee Lamb was wearing 3D-printed thigh pads… Dallas star on one side, and a holy cross on the other. The effect is subtle, but it’s revealing. After the interview I saw another Dallas player (in the highlights) with a number 3D-printed on his thigh pad… and not his number IIRC.

Is this something the NFL has signed off on, or is this this one more odd thing that CeeDee will be getting his wallet slapped for? If it’s the former I expect we will se a lot more of this.

Maybe I’m late to the party here, but last night was the first time I noticed this… and even then it wasn’t until Michael Irvin pointed it out in the post-game interview. CeeDee Lamb was wearing 3D-printed thigh pads… Dallas star on one side, and a holy cross on the other. The effect is subtle, but it’s revealing. After the interview I saw another Dallas player (in the highlights) with a number 3D-printed on his thigh pad… and not his number IIRC.

Is this something the NFL has signed off on, or is this this one more odd thing that CeeDee will be getting his wallet slapped for? If it’s the former I expect we will se a lot more of this.
didn't notice this until your mention here. i'm guessing NFL did not sign off on it and with jersey contracts and ad time costs what it is, it'll get stopped. i hope it gets stopped soon actually. it's only a matter of time until a player puts something on there completely inappropriate and makes it a political BS issue that we have to read about for a couple of years.

didn't notice this until your mention here. i'm guessing NFL did not sign off on it and with jersey contracts and ad time costs what it is, it'll get stopped. i hope it gets stopped soon actually. it's only a matter of time until a player puts something on there completely inappropriate and makes it a political BS issue that we have to read about for a couple of years.
It's a shin gaurd.  It goes under socks.   Aside from anything sexual or overtly violent what exactly is "completely inappropriate"?  If some idiot decides to get Marx on one shin and the hammer and sickle on the other... It's still a shin guard that goes under socks.

Here they are from Irvin's interview... around the 5:30 mark: CeeDee post game
I didn't know what we were talking about at all apparently.   But yeah, watched the whole interview and didn't notice until Irvin said anything.  When you're looking they're noticeable and I'm sure there's going to be one or two times every game where the camera will linger on them by accident because they're trying to show a close up of a catch or an injured finger (like how there's always an extended look at group of players butts in the huddle), but unless someone /wants to make it a thing/ it really shouldn't be a thing.

They are from a company called TreDCALs. A lot of Vikings have them as well. I think they’ve been wearing them all year. 

I think kyler Murray was rocking some Bruce lee ones a few weeks ago. Seems cool and fun so I am sure the nfl will ban them soon

You mean like some idiot with a picture of Marx and a hammer and sickle?
Uniforms are not advertisements.  I don't care about your cause, buddy... just get in there and score some fantasy points for me, or play like crap if I am facing you.

Users who are viewing this thread