What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pfizer Employees Caught Claiming That Natural COVID Antibodies Offer 'More Protection' Than Vaccination (10/7/21 07:20 PST) (1 Viewer)

Oh, man. Sorry about that. I hope your feeling 100% again. I got Moderna, too. (Don’t tell the Pfizer people, we’ll never hear the end of their damn crowing)

I’d tend to agree with you, but I’m not a doctor, so take what I say with a grain of salt. Considering we know protections wane over time, what if you took antibody tests over a couple months, to see if your titers stay high or drop? If they stay consistent, would that speak to a good boost? (That last question is really for the docs in the house) 
Yeah it took 30 days to have my energy levels back to normal again, but the worst of it was about 4 days of constant coughing fits and body aches.    I assumed between being vaccinated and having fought it off I could go around licking doorknobs if I wanted to, but it seems like there is a fair amount of doubt about how much of a boost this actually gave me.   

Are you aware of any studies addressing the difference in immunity between getting covid and then being vaccinated versus being vaccinated and then getting covid?  almost all of what I've read about "hybrid' immunity seems to assume getting covid first.
There aren’t enough breakthrough cases to study them systematically, but I’m sure people are trying.

I expect there’s a lot more immunologic variability in breakthroughs vs. infection followed by vaccination, as the virus was able to cause infection in the former group despite vaccine-derived antibodies. If one’s immune system is doing its job, that shouldn’t happen, at least not to an appreciable extent. While some of it may just be delta overwhelming the initial immune response, I’d wonder if something else was immunologically awry. In that vein, I’d probably get boosted a few months after breakthrough infection, though we don’t have clear guidance regarding the need for boosters in theses cases.

Thanks.   I got covid a little over a month ago, four months after my second Moderna shot, and I am eligible for a booster if and when Moderna approves them.   Just seems sort of unnecessary at this point.
I’d think about it 6 months after your infection. By that time there should be more complete studies on the needs and benefits of boosters and hopefully some with natural infection factored in. But I’d be in the unnecessary camp right now.

Users who are viewing this thread