What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Philadelphia at San Francisco (1 Viewer)

Offense looked horrible but we had a shot to steal it and blew it. 4-0 would be nice going into a game vs STL next week.

Offense looked horrible but we had a shot to steal it and blew it. 4-0 would be nice going into a game vs STL next week.
This is a game where you need Foles to get his head straight. If he looks like he has been...well something has to change.

This is a game where you need Foles to get his head straight. If he looks like he has been...well something has to change.
I wonder if he has shoulder issues after last weeks game, his long ball had more duck in it than usual.
He took a lot of hits today, some even legal. Was wondering if he was starting to see the rush.

He'll be happy to see Lane Johnson tomorrow.

Coaching was a major reason we lost today. Absolutely two stupid calls: accepting the penalty and giving the 49ers another change on 3rd down. (They were still in FG range so the penalty wasn't going to keep from a FG. And, being SUPER STUBBORN, ala Andy Reid, and not giving to your best player McCoy to try and win the game with one of the two trys at the goal line in the end. Just stupid coaching

Let me know if anyone sees Stevie Johnson's td cross the plane. I hope I'm wrong and I missed it. But I never seen Stevie's td.
:lmao:
It's that funny and obvious? I'm not being a ####, I just never seen the ball cross the plane, is all. Good chance I missed it, serving beers, doing shots and stuff. Post a link if you find it though..
Funny that you think that even if he wasn't in (unlikely) that PHI's crap D was stopping anyone on 1st and goal from inches out, especially SF. Maybe if Chip Kelly is calling plays and they pass 4x out of the shotgun.

TenTimes said:
His feet were in the endzone
So the ball doesn't have to cross the plane? When did that rule start? I'm missing a lot of #### apparently.
Saw this with Stafford earlier today. I didn't pay close attention to the replay because I was focused on other games, but it didn't look like the ball ever crossed the goal line, was wondering about this rule.

Let me know if anyone sees Stevie Johnson's td cross the plane. I hope I'm wrong and I missed it. But I never seen Stevie's td.
It's that funny and obvious? I'm not being a ####, I just never seen the ball cross the plane, is all. Good chance I missed it, serving beers, doing shots and stuff. Post a link if you find it though..
Funny that you think that even if he wasn't in (unlikely) that PHI's crap D was stopping anyone on 1st and goal from inches out, especially SF. Maybe if Chip Kelly is calling plays and they pass 4x out of the shotgun.
WTF are you gloating and challenging me for? I'm openly wondering about a play and admit I may have missed it. Good game. Your squad didn't exactly light it the #### up against a trash defense. Maybe your being a little defensive because it was that questionable a win for ya? Wtf man.

WTF are you gloating and challenging me for? I'm openly wondering about a play and admit I may have missed it. Good game. Your squad didn't exactly light it the #### up against a trash defense. Maybe your being a little defensive because it was that questionable a win for ya? Wtf man.
Refs would have called a penalty for them if they were stopped 4 times. Funny this guy likes to talk so much when his team is looking at 3rd in their own division at best. Love the internet tough guys.

TenTimes said:
So the ball doesn't have to cross the plane? When did that rule start? I'm missing a lot of #### apparently.
Saw this with Stafford earlier today. I didn't pay close attention to the replay because I was focused on other games, but it didn't look like the ball ever crossed the goal line, was wondering about this rule.
Yea we know there's no out of bounds for crossing the plane, but the ball has to at least cross the plane on every td. Right? Or does two feet in and no ball across the plane count? Genuinely curious. I'm not even sure why crossing the plane is a question. :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
TenTimes said:
Yea we know there's no out of bounds for crossing the plane, but the ball has to at least cross the plane on every td. Right? Or does two feet in and no ball across the plane count? Genuinely curious. I'm not even sure why crossing the plane is a question. :shrug:
I'm curious too but I thought the announcer mentioning his feet in the endzone like it mattered.

Not exactly related, but that Eagles punt was a touchback because the player downed it at the one but was laying in the endzone.

Billy Bats said:
SengerCJ said:
Billy Bats said:
TenTimes said:
Just saw the replay on SNF. Looked like the ball was right above the goal line when it hit Johnson's hands but with the angle it is hard to tell.

Billy Bats said:
SengerCJ said:
Billy Bats said:
TenTimes said:
Just saw the replay on SNF. Looked like the ball was right above the goal line when it hit Johnson's hands but with the angle it is hard to tell.
Cool, thanks for follow up Senger. :thumbup: Still some doubt maybe? and I'm not nuts at least? I still want to see it, and the Detroit play.

Billy Bats said:
SengerCJ said:
Billy Bats said:
TenTimes said:
Cool, thanks for follow up Senger. :thumbup: Still some doubt maybe? and I'm not nuts at least? I still want to see it, and the Detroit play.
Yes, nothing but doubt. Eagles were jobbed. This play is why they lost, let's hope for vengeance. Don't let it go, please let it eat at you...that will show em!

Billy Bats said:
SengerCJ said:
Billy Bats said:
TenTimes said:
Yes, nothing but doubt. Eagles were jobbed. This play is why they lost, let's hope for vengeance. Don't let it go, please let it eat at you...that will show em!
:lol: You idiots can't even have a discussion without some snide remark. Have I mocked anyone? Have a conversation with me you simpleton. Because until I see it for myself I will question the call. I COULD BE WRONG. But until then I'm listening to others opinions, and so far nothing conclusive except for you wise asses. Is there a link yet? I get that you say it's a td, cool. I just haven't seen it yet. Relax cuz. Feel free to take more shots.

The Eagles lost because the offense sucked donkey ****. The defense played the entire game, gave them a chance along with the special teams to win. They didn't deserve to win this game, weren't expected to, but given the circumstances probably should have. Opoortunity lost. :shrug:

Billy Bats said:
SengerCJ said:
Billy Bats said:
TenTimes said:
:lol: You idiots can't even have a discussion without some snide remark. Have I mocked anyone? Have a conversation with me you simpleton. Because until I see it for myself I will question the call. I COULD BE WRONG. But until then I'm listening to others opinions, and so far nothing conclusive except for you wise asses. Is there a link yet? I get that you say it's a td, cool. I just haven't seen it yet. Relax cuz. Feel free to take more shots.
It's a valid question Billy Bats. Yes, the ball must cross the plane. The feet are irrelevant (except for being in bounds of course). The video highlight of the play on NFL.com shows multiple angles but none of them are definitive. It's very, very close. It looks like the ball just did break the plane as his hands move backwards upon catching the ball. But basically it's so close there's no way it could be overturned in either direction. The call on the field would stand either way, and it was called a touchdown.

EDIT: I just watched the Stafford score highlight on NFL.com as well. That one is even more questionable I think. But again, not enough to overturn the call on the field (and it was officially reviewed as a scoring play). Personally I don't think he broke the plane, but it's too close to call. He probably should have switched the ball to his left hand and reached across.

Users who are viewing this thread