What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Phily Weather (1 Viewer)

greekwookies

Footballguy
It is raining now in Phily. 60% chance of rain at kickoff, temp around 35. The field is in terrible shape and with the possibility of no Westbrooke, do you bench McNabb this week? Other QB option is K Warner.

The projections that I have for each player are 24.6 for McNabb and 24.4 for Warner. This is of course based on my league scoring, but it seems to be a toss up before even taking the weather into account. Considering the weather, my gut says to go with Warner. Of course by starting Warner, McNabb will throw 4 TDs!!!

Per FBG updates:

November 18, 2007, 10:17 ET

Miami Dolphins at Philadelphia Eagles - Weather Alert

Summary: A high of 52°F with a 30% chance of showers and winds at 10-15 MPH

30% is not a huge concern, nor is the wind. Why would the field be in bad shape, when they have not used it yet today? IMO field is fine, 30% chance of rain....not a factor from what I can see.

McNabb's production goes with Westbrook. If Westbrook sits, I have little confidence McNabb will have a big game. Forget the weather, it doesn't look significant to me.

It is raining now in Phily. 60% chance of rain at kickoff, temp around 35. The field is in terrible shape and with the possibility of no Westbrooke, do you bench McNabb this week? Other QB option is K Warner.
First of all westy is playing....second , why would you NOT play warner in what should be a fantasy shoot out???

Weather Channel as of 5 min ago says 60% at gametime. Friends in Phily claim field is bad, don't have any reason to doubt them, but I guess they could be wrong. Warner does have a great matchup, but it's not like McNabb is playing the Steel Curtain, he is playing against sorry a** Miami.

In Philly/Jersey.... the sky certainly isn't clear but it isn't raining now and it doesn't look like it will have an impact.

Per FBG updates:November 18, 2007, 10:17 ETMiami Dolphins at Philadelphia Eagles - Weather AlertSummary: A high of 52°F with a 30% chance of showers and winds at 10-15 MPH 30% is not a huge concern, nor is the wind. Why would the field be in bad shape, when they have not used it yet today? IMO field is fine, 30% chance of rain....not a factor from what I can see. McNabb's production goes with Westbrook. If Westbrook sits, I have little confidence McNabb will have a big game. Forget the weather, it doesn't look significant to me.
for what is worth, i live in the philly area and todays forcast is "Today: Cloudy with periods of rain. High 46F. Winds ENE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 70%. Rainfall around a quarter of an inch" When i went outside it didnt seem very windy to me or overly cold. but it is very overcast and damp.

I don't look at McNabb or Warner that differently.... I mean in bad weather if westys in.... McNabb will continue his little shuffle pass. But, it's a toss up! Here's the thing..

1) Cinn and Ariz - both teams will shoot out and continue to try and score

2) Philli - get the lead and sit on it.

In Philly/Jersey.... the sky certainly isn't clear but it isn't raining now and it doesn't look like it will have an impact.
:goodposting: I'm also in Philly, albeit 20 minutes from the stadium, and it is overcast but not raining at this point.
I am 35 min NW of Philly and it is raining. Been raining for over an hour now.
:lmao: And this matters how?
It matters because he is a lot closer to the stadium than you? :bag:

So, lets say the weather becomes a "small" issue.. Rain, but not total downpour.

Is that good or bad for Westbrook ? Normaly good but with his knee...

Does philly run the ball because of the rain or limit Westbrook because of

field conditions ?

My only other options are J Fargas or J Lewis..

Tuff call..

Pete

Users who are viewing this thread