What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pick 3 HOFers from last years draft class (1 Viewer)

Mr. Peterson

Footballguy
With the discussion going on in the other thread I would like to know who people think would be the HOF'ers from last years draft. I know we have a bit of an advantage of seeing one year already but you are only allowed to pick 3. I'm just curious as to who people think really stood out last year as to who everyone would have just expected to be a future HOFer.

Vince Young

Marcus McNeill

DeMeco Ryans

edited to fix my top 3 choices.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maurice Jones-DrewJoseph AddaiJay CutlerBush had a nice year, but MJD was better rushing, receiving, *AND* returning last year. Young was sensational, but I feel leery of projecting a long career for any QB whose game opens himself up to so many hits. Cutler had a nice year, but I wouldn't have picked him for the HoF if it weren't for the fact that, historically speaking, the most likely players to get in are QBs... and I liked Cutler more than Leinart (and as I said, I feel uncomfortable about the number of hits VY is going to take).As for Addai... he and MJD were far and away the best rookies last year at simply running the football, but Addai's likely to get more carries than any other RBs taken, and should have a great chance to compile some eye-popping stats. Call it a hunch.As for McNeill... he was easily the best rookie last year, but it's very hard for OLs to make the HoF.

YoungBushMcNeill
No Brandon Marshall?

Young was sensational, but I feel leery of projecting a long career for any QB whose game opens himself up to so many hits.... historically speaking, the most likely players to get in are QBs... (and as I said, I feel uncomfortable about the number of hits VY is going to take).
You know, I never really thought about that. Young's career could be alot shorter than Lienerts or Cutlers because of the hits he might take over the season. But as it seems right now the guy is a winner and knows how to get it done in big situations and the QB's who were able to do that are in or will be in the HOF.I know alot of people are going to say Bush but I can see him having a Westbrook kind of career and I have never heard anyone saying anything about Westy being a future HOFer. And I'm kinda surprised that nobody is really going with defense here. A couple have gone with Ryans and nobody has said anything about Hawk or Mario Williams.

McNeill

Bush

Hester :wub:

Hester already broke the single season all-time return for TD record and will likely shatter the all-time total (I think he's already at least halfway there).

Devin Hester..........could accumulate 20+ return TD's, and with teaching may develop into a solid corner

Nick Mangold..........12-14 year career with the Jets, mauler who will be the head of the o-line for many years to come with a run of pro-bowls to boot

Matt Leinhart......why not? this kid seems to get his way all the time, the Cardinals will make more noise consistently in the NFL over the next few years then Vince Young's team....if the Cards win the SB with ML at the helm, its a lock.....

And I'm kinda surprised that nobody is really going with defense here. A couple have gone with Ryans and nobody has said anything about Hawk or Mario Williams.
Ryans has a better shot than Williams or Hawk. They aren't very good.

Users who are viewing this thread