What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pick 'em Week 17 (1 Viewer)

lefteye

Footballguy
The final week of the season. If your in 1st place, you're being defensive, if your close to the top, you need to be aggressive this week.

Are there any gimme's? Is GB resting players? What's the story with all the tibreakers, if sf and NO both win, who gets the 2 seed?

The only gimme's I see so far are

SF over St Louis.

Atl over TB.

Pitt over Cle.

The rest are up for debate.

Sunday January 1, 2012

Detroit 10-5 (Road: 5-2) 1:00pm ET

Green Bay 14-1 (Home: 7-0) TV: FOX

Indianapolis 2-13 (Road: 0-7) 1:00pm ET

Jacksonville 4-11 (Home: 3-4) TV: CBS

NY Jets 8-7 (Road: 2-5) 1:00pm ET

Miami 5-10 (Home: 3-4) TV: CBS

Carolina 6-9 (Road: 3-4) 1:00pm ET

New Orleans 12-3 (Home: 7-0) TV: FOX

Chicago 7-8 (Road: 2-5) 1:00pm ET

Minnesota 3-12 (Home: 1-6) TV: FOX

Buffalo 6-9 (Road: 1-6) 1:00pm ET

New England 12-3 (Home: 6-1) TV: CBS

Tennessee 8-7 (Road: 3-4) 1:00pm ET

Houston 10-5 (Home: 5-2) TV: CBS

Washington 5-10 (Road: 3-4) 1:00pm ET

Philadelphia 7-8 (Home: 2-5) TV: FOX

San Francisco 12-3 (Road: 5-2) 1:00pm ET

St. Louis 2-13 (Home: 1-6) TV: FOX

Tampa Bay 4-11 (Road: 1-6) 4:15pm ET

Atlanta 9-6 (Home: 5-2) TV: FOX

Seattle 7-8 (Road: 3-4) 4:15pm ET

Arizona 7-8 (Home: 5-2) TV: FOX

San Diego 7-8 (Road: 2-5) 4:15pm ET

Oakland 8-7 (Home: 3-4) TV: CBS

Kansas City 6-9 (Road: 3-4) 4:15pm ET

Denver 8-7 (Home: 3-4) TV: CBS

Pittsburgh 11-4 (Road: 4-3) 4:15pm ET

Cleveland 4-11 (Home: 3-4) TV: CBS

Baltimore 11-4 (Road: 3-4) 4:15pm ET

Cincinnati 9-6 (Home: 4-3) TV: CBS

Dallas 8-7 (Road: 3-4) 8:30pm ET

NY Giants 8-7 (Home: 3-4) TV: NBC

I'm not picking these to be "aggressive" I'm just picking who I think will win. Just so happens I see a lot of upsets this week.

early affairs:

det over gnb

ind over jax

mia over nyj

nor over car

min over chi

nwe over buf

ten over hou

phi over was

sfo over stl

late affairs:

tam over atl

arz over sea

oak over sdg

kan over den

cle over pit

cin over bal

snif:

nyg over dal

that gives us

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscenario?algorithm=custom&16=50001141

AFC

#1 Patriots (13-3)

#2 Ravens (11-5)

#3 Texans (10-6)

#4 Raiders (9-7)

#5 Steelers (11-5)

#6 Bengals (10-6)

AFC

#1 Packers (14-2)

#2 49ers (13-3)

#3 Saints (13-3)

#4 Giants (9-7)

#5 Lions (11-5)

#6 Falcons (9-7)

Wild Card Weekend

Steelers @ Raiders

Bengals @ Texans

Falcons @ Saints

Lions @ Giants

Does GB rest their guys? I think NO's will once SF trounces Stl. I'm not sure that means NO's loses.

It would be irony if the Saints rested Drew Brees, and Brady ended up passing him on the passing record. Brady is only 190 yds behind him right now.

The Tenn vs. Houston game is a tough call. I'm leaning towards Tenn. Houston hasn't been particularly schaub has gone down.

In 1st place by 7 points. In the money by 15 points. No spread, just winners. This is what I started with.

16 SF

15 NE

14 Atl

13 Pitt

12 Philly

11 NO

10 Jax

9 Balt

8 Tenn

7 Den

6 Sea

5 SD

4 Det

3 Min

2 NYG

1 Miami

Ok - here's my situation.

League pays 2 spots - 1st 350 2nd 160

I am in 3rd.

I am 30 points behind the leader

14 points behind second place.

Score System: You put points on 5 games: 40, 25, 15, 10, 10

the rest are 1 point games.

I need to be a LITTLE aggressive (and try not to pick all 5 as "obvious" picks as then i will just get equaled by the other guys.

My thoughts so far: (USING CBS sportsline spreads)

40 on San Francisco -10.5

25 on Detroit +1.5

15 on NO -7.5

10 on NYG -3.5

10 on Oakland -3.5

Any thoughts highly appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:
In 1st place by 7 points. In the money by 15 points. No spread, just winners. This is what I started with.
Tied for first place so I need to play this week pretty straight, while not being dumb on the no brainers.Pretty sure everyone will be on the following so they are a wash ( Looking to go 6-6 here)SFNEAtlPittPhillyNOStrong leans on the following games - These are the teams I am hoping my competition doesn't pick ( Would be happy with 3 out of 4)JaxTennSeaDetThese are the toss ups which will ultimately decide my final standing. Any insight would be more than welcomeDetroit over Green Bay - 4Q of Stafford should be enough to overcome 1Q of Rodgers..right?Jets over Miami - No Reggie Bush, and no Jake Long. That is a big loss against a team who needs to win and get help.Chicago over Minnesota - The QB switch gave them a little life, and Minnesota is extremely banged up. A crappy match up, but no Ponder and no Peterson? Cincy over Baltimore - This one worries me because I could see a lot of the field on Baltimore. But home field advantage in a must win game for the Bengals. No Boldin for the Ravens, and a lot of attention towards Torrey Smith and the TE's. I think Cincy can pull this one out, and maybe give us a much needed boost against the field.Denver over Kansas City - I hate this pick, because I think teams are starting to figure out where to pressure Tebow, and KC has the personel to do so. Still not sure where KC would get their points from as Denver's D always seems to be firing on all cylinders when playing at home. I'd love pick the same side as all the teams behind me here. Thinking people will be on Denver.Oakland over SD - This is another crapfest which I would not like to think about. SD never shows up when it matters, so why would they show up when they have nothing to pay for? I think after watching the Chargers get pounded last week, folks will be all over Oakland in a must win situation.Feel free to post any arguments for or against my picks. Always like to hear second opinions from those more in the know than me. Good luck to all who have a chance at cashing in your pools this week!

Tied for first place so I need to play this week pretty straight, while not being dumb on the no brainers.Pretty sure everyone will be on the following so they are a wash ( Looking to go 6-6 here)SFNEAtlPittPhillyNOStrong leans on the following games - These are the teams I am hoping my competition doesn't pick ( Would be happy with 3 out of 4)JaxTennSeaDetThese are the toss ups which will ultimately decide my final standing. Any insight would be more than welcomeDetroit over Green Bay - 4Q of Stafford should be enough to overcome 1Q of Rodgers..right?Jets over Miami - No Reggie Bush, and no Jake Long. That is a big loss against a team who needs to win and get help.Chicago over Minnesota - The QB switch gave them a little life, and Minnesota is extremely banged up. A crappy match up, but no Ponder and no Peterson? Cincy over Baltimore - This one worries me because I could see a lot of the field on Baltimore. But home field advantage in a must win game for the Bengals. No Boldin for the Ravens, and a lot of attention towards Torrey Smith and the TE's. I think Cincy can pull this one out, and maybe give us a much needed boost against the field.Denver over Kansas City - I hate this pick, because I think teams are starting to figure out where to pressure Tebow, and KC has the personel to do so. Still not sure where KC would get their points from as Denver's D always seems to be firing on all cylinders when playing at home. I'd love pick the same side as all the teams behind me here. Thinking people will be on Denver.Oakland over SD - This is another crapfest which I would not like to think about. SD never shows up when it matters, so why would they show up when they have nothing to pay for? I think after watching the Chargers get pounded last week, folks will be all over Oakland in a must win situation.Feel free to post any arguments for or against my picks. Always like to hear second opinions from those more in the know than me. Good luck to all who have a chance at cashing in your pools this week!
I agree with your top 6 though I can see some people out of the money taking Car to try to win the week. The next 4 are very tough. JaxTennSeaDetI like Det and Tenn. I don't like either Jax or Indy though Indy's 0-7 on the road isn't helping their cause. Sea-Ari is a complete toss-up to me. I was taking Ari at home(seattle plays on fieldturf and arizona is on some sort of hybrid natural grass). I like the home team in a toss up when the road team plays on a different surface. On the last games...The jets haven't shown up at all in big games. Is this a big game? No reggie bush is a major negative for the fins' explosiveness but Sanchez has really sucked as of late. I don't know where the money is going but I'm at a loss here too. I was taking Miami 'till I saw you post no Reggie Bush. Cinci-Balt: I think if your trying to go with the crowd, you take Balt. They haven't beat anyone good except Pitt on the road this season. I'm taking Cinci. Den-KC: I saw on ESPN how for the last 2 weeks, teams have put 8 in the box against Den. Den has tried to throw against it and failed. If KC puts 8 in the box, can Den run it? How's KC's run defense? Feels like the money goes with Denver though if the league has figured Den out, KC will win this. Oak-SD - Until last week, SD had been playing great. Oak has a lot to play for but they really stink. I have no idea.There really are plenty of opportunities to make up many games this week.

Detroit 10-5 (Road: 5-2) 1:00pm ET

Green Bay 14-1 (Home: 7-0) TV: FOX

Indianapolis 2-13 (Road: 0-7) 1:00pm ET

Jacksonville 4-11 (Home: 3-4) TV: CBS

NY Jets 8-7 (Road: 2-5) 1:00pm ET

Miami 5-10 (Home: 3-4) TV: CBS

Carolina 6-9 (Road: 3-4) 1:00pm ET

New Orleans 12-3 (Home: 7-0) TV: FOX

Chicago 7-8 (Road: 2-5) 1:00pm ET

Minnesota 3-12 (Home: 1-6) TV: FOX

Buffalo 6-9 (Road: 1-6) 1:00pm ET

New England 12-3 (Home: 6-1) TV: CBS

Tennessee 8-7 (Road: 3-4) 1:00pm ET

Houston 10-5 (Home: 5-2) TV: CBS

Washington 5-10 (Road: 3-4) 1:00pm ET

Philadelphia 7-8 (Home: 2-5) TV: FOX

San Francisco 12-3 (Road: 5-2) 1:00pm ET

St. Louis 2-13 (Home: 1-6) TV: FOX

Tampa Bay 4-11 (Road: 1-6) 4:15pm ET

Atlanta 9-6 (Home: 5-2) TV: FOX

Seattle 7-8 (Road: 3-4) 4:15pm ET

Arizona 7-8 (Home: 5-2) TV: FOX

San Diego 7-8 (Road: 2-5) 4:15pm ET

Oakland 8-7 (Home: 3-4) TV: CBS

Kansas City 6-9 (Road: 3-4) 4:15pm ET

Denver 8-7 (Home: 3-4) TV: CBS

Pittsburgh 11-4 (Road: 4-3) 4:15pm ET

Cleveland 4-11 (Home: 3-4) TV: CBS

Baltimore 11-4 (Road: 3-4) 4:15pm ET

Cincinnati 9-6 (Home: 4-3) TV: CBS

Dallas 8-7 (Road: 3-4) 8:30pm ET

NY Giants 8-7 (Home: 3-4) TV: NBC

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's my current. Probly a few point changes before noon. I have 1st place locked up, just playing for the weekly $100. Go me!

SF 15

Detroit 2

Jets 6

Bears 1

Pats 13

Saints 14

Eagles 10

Jags 5

Titans 11

Falcons 16

Ravens 8

Steelers 12

Broncos 9

Chargers 7

Cardinals 3

Giants 4

I hate titans with 11 the most. But don't see where to change it yet

Here's my current. Probly a few point changes before noon. I have 1st place locked up, just playing for the weekly $100. Go me!SF 15Detroit 2Jets 6Bears 1Pats 13Saints 14Eagles 10Jags 5Titans 11Falcons 16Ravens 8Steelers 12Broncos 9Chargers 7Cardinals 3Giants 4I hate titans with 11 the most. But don't see where to change it yet
Why Arizona and why SD?

GB just announced they're sitting Rodgers. Flip Det and Tenn at a minimum.

Here's my current. Probly a few point changes before noon. I have 1st place locked up, just playing for the weekly $100. Go me!SF 15Detroit 2Jets 6Bears 1Pats 13Saints 14Eagles 10Jags 5Titans 11Falcons 16Ravens 8Steelers 12Broncos 9Chargers 7Cardinals 3Giants 4I hate titans with 11 the most. But don't see where to change it yet

Going with:

Detroit over Green Bay -1.5 as my top pick

Carolina over NO +7.5 as my 2nd pick

San Fran -10.5

pitt -6.5

ten -2.5

all away teams, but i still like it.

Going with:Detroit over Green Bay -1.5 as my top pickCarolina over NO +7.5 as my 2nd pickSan Fran -10.5pitt -6.5ten -2.5all away teams, but i still like it.
i am DEEPLY disappointed that Sean Peyton and Mike McCarthy felt compelled to risk injury to their team by not just running out there with a unimaginative gameplan that led to mailing in the game.Same for Houston... why were they even trying? why not just run it every down and lay down?What is wrong with these teams?If i'm a detroit fan i'm disgusted my team couldn't handle the packers B team with EASE.If i'm an SF fan i'm disgusted with a 7 point win over a team trying to lose.If i'm a new orleans fan I'm pissed we risked injury to Brees to accomplish nothing.In the old days this crap would not have happened. I don't understand the philosophy here.

Going with:Detroit over Green Bay -1.5 as my top pickCarolina over NO +7.5 as my 2nd pickSan Fran -10.5pitt -6.5ten -2.5all away teams, but i still like it.
i am DEEPLY disappointed that Sean Peyton and Mike McCarthy felt compelled to risk injury to their team by not just running out there with a unimaginative gameplan that led to mailing in the game.Same for Houston... why were they even trying? why not just run it every down and lay down?What is wrong with these teams?If i'm a detroit fan i'm disgusted my team couldn't handle the packers B team with EASE.If i'm an SF fan i'm disgusted with a 7 point win over a team trying to lose.If i'm a new orleans fan I'm pissed we risked injury to Brees to accomplish nothing.In the old days this crap would not have happened. I don't understand the philosophy here.
There should be a way to add an incentive to prevent teams from not trying in the last game of the regular season.

The GB game did me in too. Gave a game back and ended up cashing out in 2nd due to Detroit not being able to hold a lead against a Matt Flynn led Packers squad.Detroit will have their hands full next weekend with New Orleans.

Users who are viewing this thread