What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pierre Thomas this week? (1 Viewer)

puckalicious

Footballguy
It appears that Bush will be starting this week, what does this do to Thomas? I'm not a big NO follower so I'm not up to speed on how the carries typically get divied up.

A crowded backfield and a bad matchup vs TB probably makes Thomas unstartable this week. Any counter opinions?

It appears that Bush will be starting this week, what does this do to Thomas? I'm not a big NO follower so I'm not up to speed on how the carries typically get divied up.A crowded backfield and a bad matchup vs TB probably makes Thomas unstartable this week. Any counter opinions?
It's apparent that not only is Thomas >>>>>>>> Deuce at this point, but the Saints have already stated he's still going to see plenty of work even when Bush comes back. He'll be the complement to Bush going forward IMO, and to think Bush will get a full workload his first game back is a huge leap. Bench Thomas at your own risk.

Thomas is well ahead of Deuce in the pecking order. I think that last TD on Monday night was his going away present as a Saint.

So how would you split the carries between all 3 RB's ? Even if Duece is out of the picture, why would I expect anything more than week 1 w/o Duece?

Bush: 14/51/0, 8/112/1

Thomas: 10/52/0, 2/11/0

ETA: this is against TB week 1.

Last edited by a moderator:
Regular Season Games Rushing Receiving Fumbles

WK Game Date Opp Result G GS Att Yds Avg Lng TD Rec Yds Avg Lng TD FUM Lost

1 09/07 TB W 24-20 1 1 10 52 5.2 18 0 2 11 5.5 6 0 -- --

:thumbup:

Deuce may start but Thomas will get far more touches. Bush is the COP/WR back. No matter who starts Pierre is the man with Bush the extra back.

Saints fully expect Bush to face Buccaneers

Reggie Bush (knee) is listed as questionable for Week 13, but Saints coach Sean Payton said Friday that he fully expects Bush to face the Bucs.

Bush's practice was limited, but he did the most work he's done since tearing his meniscus in Week 7. Expect Pierre Thomas to maintain a large role as New Orleans' short-yardage and change-of-pace back, but Bush should see 18-20 touches. They wouldn't bring Bush back unless they were ready to use him heavily. He racked up 163 total yards and a score in Week 1 against Tampa. Nov. 28 - 4:41 pm et

Source: New Orleans Times-Picayune

:)

First of all, I expect TB to play ultra tough at home. They will focus on Brees, (who I think will be contained) so there will be chances for a RB to succeed on draw plays and in the passing game (screens), etc. I am not believing Bush until I see it. Period. Thomas will be in my lineup until that time.

So how would you split the carries between all 3 RB's ?
I would assume Duece gets a carry or two, Reggie is in for obvious passing packages (or split out).Thomas is probably the 'rest of the downs' back. Bush is probably not ready for a full load. Thomas should be the between the tackles guy, goalline guy, and even in on some third downs for play action. I don't think you can count Duece as a 3rd RB in the committee. I can't see them using him that much. I don't think he got alot of carries vs. GB, except for the gift goalline carry.That being said, I think NO has to beat TB with the short passing game and don't expect much from the running game this week.

Deuce may start but Thomas will get far more touches. Bush is the COP/WR back. No matter who starts Pierre is the man with Bush the extra back.
You couldn't be more wrong with your analysis. Bush is the man in NO. Thomas will take the role as the change of pace.

Saints/Bucs is a very different running game for RB's in TB than it is in NO the past two years

(I'm excluding QB runs and RB catches since the Bush/Thomas comparison doesn't hold as well as the Deuce/Thomas one)

@Saints

2008 - Saints 24-20 - RB's combined to rush for 24-103-0

2007 - Bucs 27-23 - 20-80-0

2006 - Saints 24-21 - 24-146-1 (mostly Deuce)

Outcome - at least 4 ypc every game, although only one big individual running game (Deuce in 2006)

@Bucs

2007 - Bucs 31-14 - 23-89-1

2006 - Saints 31-14 - 27-32-1

Outcome - TD's, but low ypc

I may be stretching a bit, but I think I've talked myself into putting him out vs. Jacobs (vs. Wash) and Lynch (vs. SF) ...

Last edited by a moderator:
For what it's worth... Calling for rain down here in Tampa. http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/busi.../TPA:9?dayNum=1 :link:
Not just rain, thunderstorms and 25-35mph winds!! Ok I think this makes the passing game take a massive hit and probably allows TB to put 8 men in the box most of the game. This could be a 7-3 game puntfest.
It's not supposed to rain until late afternoon, about 3 or 4.
It's beautiful outside right now, but here is the latest from "The Weather Wheel Of Fortune" as it were... http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/busi...&begDay=335

Pierre Thomas-RB- Saints Dec. 1 - 1:18 pm et

Coach Sean Payton says the Saints' offensive game plan going into Week 13 "was really to feature Pierre (Thomas) and Reggie (Bush)."

Ultimately, Thomas emerged as the lead back and generated 54 yards and a TD on 12 touches. "Pierre by far, or by and large, was our best option on the first- and second-down snaps," Payton said. Thomas is going to keep a major role as New Orleans' goal-line and early-down back down the stretch.

Source: New Orleans Times-Picayune

:confused:

Users who are viewing this thread