What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pierre Thomas (1 Viewer)

kingsofromance

Footballguy
I am in some trouble at RB2, I have Thomas sitting on my bench ready for a playoff push. Any thoughts as to what I can expect from him?

I am in some trouble at RB2, I have Thomas sitting on my bench ready for a playoff push. Any thoughts as to what I can expect from him?
You can pray he comes back? No one knows really. Everything you hear is bad news. He may not play this year. I just hear it is not healing well.

If he plays he will play hard and be valuable. He always has played hard and its a contract year so that gives him more reason to want to show case for his next team, Question is when will he play?

Last edited by a moderator:
Saints coach Sean Payton said Pierre Thomas (ankle) is doing well and will return to practice soon.

Thomas' progress has been stalled, so this is good news. The Saints have a Week 10 bye, so we'll see if "soon" means Thomas will try to practice next week and possibly return in Week 11. Stay tuned.

That's from yesterday. I traded for Pierre last week and stashed him hoping for a fantasy playoff return. :crosses fingers:

Rumor has it PT is in peyton's dog house, plus he was almost traded to NE right before the deadline. I think he is taking his time coming back and had Peyton little ticked off. The Back field looks awfully crowded (5 rbs), with PT not coming back next year, I think his Red zone and goalline duties will be effected by bush and ivory. Just my 2 cents.

Rumor has it PT is in peyton's dog house, plus he was almost traded to NE right before the deadline. I think he is taking his time coming back and had Peyton little ticked off. The Back field looks awfully crowded (5 rbs), with PT not coming back next year, I think his Red zone and goalline duties will be effected by bush and ivory. Just my 2 cents.
Bush always got goal line looks. Ivory isn't going to be getting any looks goal line or otherwise for awhile. He separated his shoulder.Rogues Pierre is coming back after the bye unless Peyton is just blowing smoke which I don't believe he is or we would have already seen Thomas on the IR.The guy has had 6+ weeks to heal. He should be a beast down the stretch.

"The New Orleans Saints hope to get running back Pierre Thomas back in practice sometime this week or next, according to Saints beat writer Jeff Duncan. There will be plenty of carries waiting for Thomas when he does return, as he has not been ruled out for the season, though the Saints have been relatively secretive regarding his injury. Reggie Bush has not been ruled out for Week 11, but the Saints offense will benefit immediately when both Bush and Thomas are back in full swing."

Thinking about dropping Blount for PT in WW, PPR.. The back field still look crowded.. What's the chance of him pickup where he started?

Thinking about dropping Blount for PT in WW, PPR.. The back field still look crowded.. What's the chance of him pickup where he started?
:ptts: Blount is getting better by the week. Thomas will be joining a quagmire if and when he does return.

The New Orleans Times-Picayune's Jeff Duncan reports that he "heard" Pierre Thomas (ankle) returned to practice this week but is still not 100 percent.Thomas hasn't played since Week 3 because of an ankle injury that's dragged on much longer than anticipated. Duncan said he'll provide an update on Thomas' status after Wednesday's workout, so check back later today to see if he has any kind of chance to suit up for Week 11. Source: Jeff Duncan on Twitter
It would really be nice to get him back this week.

The New Orleans Times-Picayune's Jeff Duncan reports that he "heard" Pierre Thomas (ankle) returned to practice this week but is still not 100 percent.

Sounds like he might be on track to return in week 12? Just guessing here.

NFL Network's Jason La Canfora reports that Pierre Thomas (ankle) could be sidelined a few more weeks.

Ok, he held valuable roster spot through all the bye weeks and now this? Even if it was a high ankle sprain, he should've been back by now. At this point, will he even make a playoff impact?

NFL Network's Jason La Canfora reports that Pierre Thomas (ankle) could be sidelined a few more weeks.

Ok, he held valuable roster spot through all the bye weeks and now this? Even if it was a high ankle sprain, he should've been back by now. At this point, will he even make a playoff impact?
:thumbup: This guy is one of the MAJOR reasons one of my teams went completely down the toilet this year! I trade for him the week before he hurts his ankle and apparently he has the worst sprained ankle in the history of sprained ankles..

They could have chopped off his foot and replaced it with Ronnie Lott's pinkie and it would be healed by now.

:blackdot: This guy is one of the MAJOR reasons one of my teams went completely down the toilet this year! I trade for him the week before he hurts his ankle and apparently he has the worst sprained ankle in the history of sprained ankles..
Did you see the injury?

It was really bad. It was a severe sprain which is worse then breaking your ankle. It can take a long time to be right from such a sprain. He plays RB...he must be able to cut and stop on a dime. He really tore his ankle up. It is what it is.

And Thomas looks like he is a guy who will not play with much pain. See Beanie Wells.

And Thomas looks like he is a guy who will not play with much pain. See Beanie Wells.
I don't think we know that.Considering he will be a UFA next year and is losing market value by the week, I'm sure if he's not playing the injury must be really bad.

no reason for pierre as a ufa, to play when he less than capable. that could hurt his market value more than just sitting.

anyway, for my sob story, this guy was my main target this year and had him on most of my teams. oh well, luckboxing other areas (vick, nicks, foster) has kept me in contention.

Wow........3 of the top 5 threads on this board were about:

Pierre Thomas - could be out a few more weeks

DeAngelo Williams - I/R

Matt Schaub - Bursitis

Hhmmm......my 1st, 3rd and 4th round picks! I think that will be the final nail in my playoff coffin. What a year for injuries.

I don't think we know that.Considering he will be a UFA next year and is losing market value by the week, I'm sure if he's not playing the injury must be really bad.
Your right we don't know that, and I thought the injury was really bad when I saw it. However I can see that the fact he will be a UFA is no doubt (in my mind) playing into his mind and prolonging his willingness to play with some discomfort. His team could really use he and Bush back right now for the playoff positioning and post season run.

Coach Sean Payton expressed optimism for the first time on Pierre Thomas' ankle, suggesting that "we've turned a corner."Thomas was officially a non-participant once again for Thursday's practice. He's been in full pads and taking part via individual drills, though he's not been included in team drills or full-speed activities. Thomas won't play against the Seahawks, but he's made encouraging progress in the past week and a half. There's a chance that he'll play next week. Source: New Orleans Times-Picayune
:shrug: Need him with the injuries I've taken at RB. I'll take week 12, even 13.I'm just happy he hasn't been IR'd. I think if the Saints weren't in the playoff hunt he may have been.....just like Carolina did with Deangelo.

Brian Allee-Walsh of NewOrleans.com speculates that Pierre Thomas (knee) could return in Week 13 at Cincinnati, barring setbacks.

Thomas stated earlier in the day that he would be back sooner than expected. He's making tangible progress for the first time since suffering the injury. Thomas does have extra incentive to push for a Week 12 return with the Saints playing the Thanksgiving game against the Cowboys on national TV. At this point, that sounds overly optimistic.

Payton rested Reggie well past when he probably could have come back from injury last year, to make sure he was 100% effective and fresh in the playoffs.

It worked. He was an absolute stud in the playoffs.

No reason to believe any different with PT. Your fantasy team may need him but so do the Saints - in the playoffs. That's what their focus will be.

LC512 said:
Payton rested Reggie well past when he probably could have come back from injury last year, to make sure he was 100% effective and fresh in the playoffs.It worked. He was an absolute stud in the playoffs.No reason to believe any different with PT. Your fantasy team may need him but so do the Saints - in the playoffs. That's what their focus will be.
I think the main diff here is that NO was 9-0 at this point last year. This year they're battling tough TB and ATL teams in the division. I think they'll need Pierre back to give them a good push INTO the playoffs. They can probably survive without him for the next 2-3 games, but they sure could use him to close out the regular season (@BAL, @ATL and TB).** I'll fully disclose that I have a vested interest in his return!

PT will most likely be on the field during the FF Playoffs... so I can't blame anyone thats picking him up for a bag of peanuts. The question is what will his role be, starter or back up? The good news is that all the other backs, especially Ivory, have looked like crap... anyone of those guys had a chance to take that job and run w/ it but neither one of them could.

Another question is what is the future of the NO back field? I think PT's time is up; I think they'll find a way to keep Bush if hes willing to take a major pay cut... hes set to make a boat load of money next yr and theres no way hes worth it. Bush must also realize that NO is the only team that really fits his style.

Ivory will be back but he doesn't look capable to fit that PT type role... so pretty much what ever RB NO drafts next yr will be getting some good playing time.

Pierre Thomas-RB- Saints Nov. 21 - 11:30 am et

Pierre Thomas actually has a torn tendon in his left ankle, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.

This explains what has taken Thomas so long to get back in action. Thomas probably should have had surgery to repair the tendon, but that window has passed now. Schefter says Thomas is hoping to play on Thanksgiving against the Cowboys, but previous reports have him targeting Week 13 instead. Thomas remains a bench stash in fantasy. :football:

PT will most likely be on the field during the FF Playoffs... so I can't blame anyone thats picking him up for a bag of peanuts. The question is what will his role be, starter or back up? The good news is that all the other backs, especially Ivory, have looked like crap... anyone of those guys had a chance to take that job and run w/ it but neither one of them could.Another question is what is the future of the NO back field? I think PT's time is up; I think they'll find a way to keep Bush if hes willing to take a major pay cut... hes set to make a boat load of money next yr and theres no way hes worth it. Bush must also realize that NO is the only team that really fits his style. Ivory will be back but he doesn't look capable to fit that PT type role... so pretty much what ever RB NO drafts next yr will be getting some good playing time.
Personally, I'm guessing Bush returns to his old role in full.But Ivory stays as the primary runner, and.... Julius Jones becomes an end of season wrinkle, with Betts and PT being game day inactives (even if/after/when PT is "healthy").I agree (sadly, because PT was hands down the MVP of last year's playoff run, even over Brees, and he is a great success story) that PT is sailing on and the Saints have his boat all ready.Ivory is in a tryout for next year, but no matter what the Saints will be drafting a 1st round RB next year. I'm sure they would love to get Lattimore from SC but I doubt he will be around the late 20's to 32 picks.

Users who are viewing this thread