What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pink Floyd releases a new song in 2022! (1 Viewer)

Roger has re-recorded DSOTM in a new concept / style to bring out the heart and soul of the album, "musically and spiritually." Apparently, he left out the guitar solos and replaced them with spoken poetry (at least that's what they said on the radio). Of all the albums that really don't need any improvement or reimagining, DSOTM is likely at the top of the list. LINK

Last edited:
Roger has re-recorded DSOTM in a new concept / style to bring out the heart and soul of the album, "musically and spiritually." Apparently, he left out the guitar solos and replaced them with spoken poetry (at least that's what they said on the radio).
This sounds like one of the worst ideas of the past 50 years.

Roger has re-recorded DSOTM in a new concept / style to bring out the heart and soul of the album, "musically and spiritually." Apparently, he left out the guitar solos and replaced them with spoken poetry (at least that's what they said on the radio). Of all the albums that really don't need any improvement or reimagining, DSOTM is likely at the top of list. LINK
:Spit take:

WTF

I guess Roger gonna Roger

Roger has re-recorded DSOTM in a new concept / style to bring out the heart and soul of the album, "musically and spiritually." Apparently, he left out the guitar solos and replaced them with spoken poetry (at least that's what they said on the radio). Of all the albums that really don't need any improvement or reimagining, DSOTM is likely at the top of list. LINK
:Spit take:

WTF

I guess Roger gonna Roger
Yeah, RW doesn't always do things that make a lot of sense and DG has certainly gotten the better of it over the past 40 years.

I am guessing the new DSOTM will be similar to Waters' The Lockdown Sessions, where he recorded some songs from The Wall and The Final Cut in a moodier, mostly subdued style.

LINK

It's interesting to hear the new versions once or twice, but I am not sure we really needed them (compared to the "regular" versions). But Comfortably Numb without the guitar solos? Hard pass.

Speaking of DSOTM, I just went last night to check out this show up in Flint:

It was fantastic. I highly recommend it to any of my fellow FBGs in Michigan who are into PF to check it out. It's running at a lot of local planetariums throughout the state until the end of the month.

Show was visually stunning. Exceptional melding of song to visual images...5 stars

Money and Us and Them were worth the price of admission alone

Taking out all Gilmore’s stuff is a pretty funny move. Petty!

I was poking around looking for something in my basement (which I couldn't find). But I did find a full-page ad for The Pros And Cons Of Hitchhiking Tour from The New York Times from 1984. I have no recollection of saving it, and I've lived in multiple places in multiple states in the nearly 40 years since I apparently saved the advertisement. It makes me wonder what else I have laying around.

Decided to play DSOTM on youtube since apparently today is the 50th anniversary.

Interesting/odd (to me at least) - in the official video for "Money", the phrase "think I'll buy me a football team" is accompanied by a clip of AMERICAN FOOTBALL. I would have expected futbol/soccer. :shrug:

Anyone know much about the tribute band Brit Floyd? It looks like they formed in 2011, but I had never heard of them until coming across recent advertising. They are gearing up for tour to cash in on...I mean to celebrate the 50th anniversary.

Anyone know much about the tribute band Brit Floyd? It looks like they formed in 2011, but I had never heard of them until coming across recent advertising. They are gearing up for tour to cash in on...I mean to celebrate the 50th anniversary.
I've seen them a number of times here in Michigan at different venues. They are very solid. Probably the closest thing to see in person other than the real thing IMO. I have a thing for their backup singers. :wub: (Especially during Great Gig iin the Sky)

I'm planning on seeing them once again on this tour. Bald guy does a great David Gilmour tribute on the lap steel if they play anything outside of DSotM ( i.e, One of These Days, High Hopes, Great Gig in the Sky, etc.).

Highly Recommend

Alan Parsons

11h ·
Today marks the 50th anniversary of the release of Pink Floyd’s Dark Side of the Moon. To this day, I feel honored to have been a part of such a groundbreaking album. Our goal at the time was to stretch the boundaries of the recording process, and in the process create something magical. And I think many will agree we achieved that goal. As engineer, I was grateful that the band was open to a number of my suggestions, which included the use of the clocks on the intro to Time, as well as utilization of a very talented vocalist who I had previously worked with named Clare Torry for the vocals on Great Gig in the Sky.
The fact that we are still talking about this album 50 years later is something I never would have dreamed possible. And yet, here we are….

#darksideofthemoon #50thanniversary #pinkfloyd #AlanParsons #ClareTorry #timeless

I've seen them a number of times here in Michigan at different venues. They are very solid. Probably the closest thing to see in person other than the real thing IMO. I have a thing for their backup singers. :wub: (Especially during Great Gig iin the Sky)

I'm planning on seeing them once again on this tour. Bald guy does a great David Gilmour tribute on the lap steel if they play anything outside of DSotM ( i.e, One of These Days, High Hopes, Great Gig in the Sky, etc.).

Highly Recommend
:goodposting:

Alan Parsons

11h ·
Today marks the 50th anniversary of the release of Pink Floyd’s Dark Side of the Moon. To this day, I feel honored to have been a part of such a groundbreaking album. Our goal at the time was to stretch the boundaries of the recording process, and in the process create something magical. And I think many will agree we achieved that goal. As engineer, I was grateful that the band was open to a number of my suggestions, which included the use of the clocks on the intro to Time, as well as utilization of a very talented vocalist who I had previously worked with named Clare Torry for the vocals on Great Gig in the Sky.
The fact that we are still talking about this album 50 years later is something I never would have dreamed possible. And yet, here we are….

#darksideofthemoon #50thanniversary #pinkfloyd #AlanParsons #ClareTorry #timeless
This guy knows how to build an interplanetary laser and he contributed to one of the greatest rock albums ever made. What a polymath.

Highly Recommend
I have never seen Brit Floyd, but I have seen Australian Pink Floyd multiple times. IMO, APF was more enjoyable than Gilmour's version of Pink Floyd. Their renditions of songs were spot on, and their song selections spanned the entire PF catalog. As a for instance, one show they played DSOTM in its entirety. Other shoes they played all of WYWH or Animals. I prefer that era of PF than their 90s material. APF felt and sounded exactly like the original PF . . . they even had some of the same props and videos.

I only bring any of this up as Brit Floyd was started by the guitarist of Australian Pink Floyd. He split from APF and rounded up all new musicians. I haven't seen Brit Floyd, but from the setlists of shows in my area, they often play more material from The Wall and a couple of older / pre-DSOTM songs. Folks I know that have seen both say they are just as good as APF. Bottom line, you probably can't go wrong with either APF or Brit Floyd.

Highly Recommend
I only bring any of this up as Brit Floyd was started by the guitarist of Australian Pink Floyd. He split from APF and rounded up all new musicians.
That's a bit ironic, lol.

Highly Recommend
I have never seen Brit Floyd, but I have seen Australian Pink Floyd multiple times. IMO, APF was more enjoyable than Gilmour's version of Pink Floyd. Their renditions of songs were spot on, and their song selections spanned the entire PF catalog. As a for instance, one show they played DSOTM in its entirety. Other shoes they played all of WYWH or Animals. I prefer that era of PF than their 90s material. APF felt and sounded exactly like the original PF . . . they even had some of the same props and videos.

I only bring any of this up as Brit Floyd was started by the guitarist of Australian Pink Floyd. He split from APF and rounded up all new musicians. I haven't seen Brit Floyd, but from the setlists of shows in my area, they often play more material from The Wall and a couple of older / pre-DSOTM songs. Folks I know that have seen both say they are just as good as APF. Bottom line, you probably can't go wrong with either APF or Brit Floyd.
I've seen both APF and BF - both are great and you can't go wrong.

Highly Recommend

@Anarchy99

You need to do a top 25 Pink Floyd songs thread in the vein of the one you did for Zeppelin. (y)

Highly Recommend

@Anarchy99

You need to do a top 25 Pink Floyd songs thread in the vein of the one you did for Zeppelin. (y)
I still haven’t recovered from the LZ one. But I will fire up one for PF after I come back from vacation in a few weeks.

Highly Recommend

@Anarchy99

I still haven’t recovered from the LZ one. But I will fire up one for PF after I come back from vacation in a few weeks.
LOL and AWESOME (y)

oh and enjoy your vacation..

:coffee:

Highly highly recommend if they come to your area.

Warren Haynes is a helluva guitar player, but I wouldn't want to see anyone nowadays play all of Dark Side of the Moon. Feels like a band trying to cash in on the anniversary of an album that is not even theirs.

Users who are viewing this thread