What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBG'S TOP 100 PINK FLOYD SONGS - #01 - Comfortably Numb from The Wall (1979) (1 Viewer)

In case anyone asks you what you want as a gift:

Anyone see or hear anything more about RW's DSOTM remake and when it will be coming out? It was supposed to come out 2 months ago . . . and here we are still waiting.

Anyone see or hear anything more about RW's DSOTM remake and when it will be coming out? It was supposed to come out 2 months ago . . . and here we are still waiting.
If it's anything like his reworking of some Floyd songs on his "lockdown sessions" album, I'm not very hopeful.

If it's anything like his reworking of some Floyd songs on his "lockdown sessions" album, I'm not very hopeful.
I'm not all that interested or hopeful . . . just wondering why it hasn't come out. It's RW and one other person (and a woman vocalist). Light on guitar, a country version of Money, Us and Them with a bass guitar solo, On The Run with spoken poetry. Don't even need to hear it to openly ask "Why, Roger Why?" There was no need to record this reimagined version of the album. ESPECIALLY when he is staking his claim to DSOTM as being all Roger, all the time, and all the other people involved just passengers.

Last edited:
I'm not all that interested or hopeful . . . just wondering why it hasn't come out. It's RW and one other person (and a woman vocalist). Light on guitar, a country version of Money, Us and Them with a bass guitar solo, On The Run with spoken poetry. Don't even need to hear it to openly ask "Why, Roger Why?" There was no need to record this reimagined version of the album. ESPECIALLY when he is staking his claim to DSOTM as being all Roger, all the time, and all the other people involved just passengers.
This is the kind of stuff that really turns me off from Roger and any musician that is simply trying to make a buck.

Deep In The Blues - Les Paul (1988)
My Girl - Lenny Henry (1989)
I Love This House - Paul McCartney (1997)
Eyesight To The Blind - B.B. King (1998)
Big Bottom - Spinal Tap (1991)
Can't Turn You Loose - Tom Jones (1991)
Fractals: The Colors Of Infinity - DG (1994)
Dirty Jobs - The Who (1996)
Run Devil Run album - Paul McCartney (1999)
Live At The Cavern Club - Paul McCartney (1999)
PETA Concert - Paul McCartney (1999)
Live on the Parkinson Show - Paul McCartney (1999)
Love Keeps Hanging On - Pretty Things (1999)
Triumph Of Love Soundtrack (Tracks 7, 9, 10, 12, 15, 21) - Jason Osborn (2001)
Don't - DG (2001)
Babbie's Daughter - Caroline Dale (2002)
I Think Therefore I Rock And Roll and Missouri Loves Company - Ringo Starr (2003)
Forest - Robert Wyatt (2003)
Sailing Down My Golden River - Pete Seeger (2003)
Return To Tunguska - Alan Parsons (2004)
Always You and Sacred Days - Phil Manzanara (2004)
Ever Fallen In Love - Pete Shelly & Friends (2005)
It's Amazing (What People Throw Away) and Junkman - Chris Jagger (2006)
Breathe - Stamatis Stabos (2008)
Chicago / Change The World - Chrissie Hynde & Bob Geldof (2009)
Mayday - Nick Laird-Clowes (2009)
Hi Ho Silver Lining and Jerusalem - Jeff Beck (2009)
Metallic Spheres album - The Orb (2010)
Me Oh My and Song To The Siren - Bryan Ferry (2010)
The Levels and Live Version - Ben Watt (2014)
Spring & Old Man's Game and Young Man's Game - Ben Watt (2014)
Here, There & Everywhere - DG & Friends (2015)
Albatross and Oh Well - Mick Fleetwood & Friends (2020) <-- WOW! to Albatross
Morning Has Broken - DG (2021)
Rock Me - Donovan (2022)

I think I may have tapped the well until it's dry. I may be able to dig a little more, but I am running pretty low on much else.

Last edited:
October

October
Thanks. Hopefully October 2223.

Money Redux

Well, it certainly is different.
Yes and so full of RW being so full of himself. Waters channeled his inner Tom Waits and did both a disservice. Honestly I got bored with it and have no need to revivist.
Agree - I find it interesting and appreciate him going for something different - but not something I want to sit and listen to again really. Would rather throw on Swordfishtrombones.

Wow. While I certainly think this is a far cry from the original, it's not horrible, it's just a new interpretation. I'm not a fan of it in general as it just seems like another cash grab.

The first thing I thought though was this sounds like Cohen singing, at least older Cohen.

I was one of the biggest Waters guys in this thread - but redoing that album is a terrible idea and what I’ve heard so far has been terribly executed. How does he think it’s a good idea to have the comparison?

I just look at it as a different interpretation that can be appreciate in its own right. If he tried to rerecord it and make it sound similar, it would have sucked.

Users who are viewing this thread