What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pittsburgh and their trick plays this weekend (1 Viewer)

How many trick plays will Pittsburgh use this weekend?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• >2

• Total voters
If by trick play you mean direct snap to El or Hines I would say 1-2. I doubt we see anything like the throw back bomb play this weekend.

One thing we know he won't do, and that is try an onside kick to start a half.
Ahhhh, just what we want the Colts to think! ;)
:thumbup: Just when they least expect it....
Colts fans could only hope he is that stupid twice in one year.
I thought it was smart. I certainly didn't expect it, did you? Did the Colts? Just because it didn't work, doesn't make it stupid. That's too easy to say. They had no chance in that game unless they risked something to get a break. It just didn't work, is all. No way did that cost them that game.

I thought it was smart. I certainly didn't expect it, did you? Did the Colts? Just because it didn't work, doesn't make it stupid. That's too easy to say. They had no chance in that game unless they risked something to get a break. It just didn't work, is all. No way did that cost them that game.
It's always stupid if it doesn't work, didn't you know that?

Anyway, I think they've blown their load with the trick plays, as far as this game is concerned. Indy knows they reached into that bag before, and the whole world just saw the last game, so the element of surprise is greatly diminished.They might not even try one, really.

It's always stupid if it doesn't work, didn't you know that?
LOL, it was genius when he did it successfully in SB XXX.Would I have done it? Nope, but he felt like he needed to do something being down 2 scores and giving up the ball. He said after the game that if Ben hadn't thrown the INT with 30 seconds to play in the 1st half which resulted in a field goal for the Colts, he wouldn't have done it.

I guess he saw a big difference between 13-7 and 16-7. It made Reed's missed field goal that could've tied the game at 10 that much bigger.

Anyway, I think they've blown their load with the trick plays, as far as this game is concerned. Indy knows they reached into that bag before, and the whole world just saw the last game, so the element of surprise is greatly diminished.

They might not even try one, really.
The thing is, if Randle El takes a snap and rolls right, do you know if he's going to run, pass, or throw it back to Ben?That's 3 options off 1 "trick" play, and they've done them all this year. They have a number of misdirection ones too that I expect we'll see to slow down the pass-rushers of the Colts.

Anyway, I think they've blown their load with the trick plays, as far as this game is concerned.  Indy knows they reached into that bag before, and the whole world just saw the last game, so the element of surprise is greatly diminished.

The thing is, if Randle El takes a snap and rolls right, do you know if he's going to run, pass, or throw it back to Ben?That's 3 options off 1 "trick" play, and they've done them all this year. They have a number of misdirection ones too that I expect we'll see to slow down the pass-rushers of the Colts.
Isn't that like an option? I guess the definition of a trick play could be debated, but who cares.In any case, I don't expect some VERY ;) tricky plays this weekend. Okay, maybe one I guess, but Cowher HAS to know the eliment of surprise is diminished quite a bit.

no good trick plays.. they are probably gonna try a reserve and ward or randle el will los yards or gain 1 or 2...the colts defense is way better then ####cinati is so i don't see any of them working..i think the steelers must run the ball and win the field position game and not let the colts get a 7-0 lead in order to win...if all 3 of them don't happen we are gonna lose cause they are too good but i have a feeling we are gonna get the lead already, and control the game with field position

Anyway, I think they've blown their load with the trick plays, as far as this game is concerned.  Indy knows they reached into that bag before, and the whole world just saw the last game, so the element of surprise is greatly diminished.

Isn't that like an option? I guess the definition of a trick play could be debated, but who cares.In any case, I don't expect some VERY ;) tricky plays this weekend. Okay, maybe one I guess, but Cowher HAS to know the eliment of surprise is diminished quite a bit.
The play I'm calling is the direct snap to Randle El with a shovel pass to Haynes. They've used it before, and it's been successful. Haven't seen it this year though.

The play I'm calling is the direct snap to Randle El with a shovel pass to Haynes. They've used it before, and it's been successful. Haven't seen it this year though.
terrific call on 3rd and goal around the 4 or 5.

Users who are viewing this thread