What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Player Spotlight: Chris Chambers (1 Viewer)

Jason Wood

Zoo York
2005 Player Spotlight Series

Over the course of the offseason, we will be evaluating a multitude of players at every fantasy position. One such way we go about that is through the Player Spotlight series. Think of the Spotlights as a permanent record on some of the more intriguing players for the upcoming season. Ultimately, each Spotlight will be featured in an article on the main website.

Thread Topic: Chris Chambers, WR, Miami Dolphins

Player Page Link: Chris Chambers Player Page

Each article will include:

Detailed viewpoints from two Footballguys Staff Members

Highlighted member commentary from the message board threads
FBG Projections
Consensus Member ProjectionsThe Rules

In order for this thread to provide sustainable value, we ask that you follow a few simple guidelines:

Focus commentary on the player in question, and your expectations for said player
Back up your expectations in whatever manner you deem appropriate; avoid posts that simply say "I hate him" or "He's the best"
To be included in the final synopsis and consensus outlook, you MUST provide projections for the playerProjections should include (at a minimum):

For QBs: Passing Yards, Passing TDs, Ints, Rush Yards, Rush TDs
For RBs: Rushes, Rushing Yards, Rush TDs, Receptions, Receiving Yards, Receiving TDs
For WRs & TEs: Receptions, Receiving Yards, Receiving TDsBest of Luck and ENJOY!

Chambers is one of my favorite players to watch. He's not tall, but he has great leaping ability, speed, and can turn a short pass into a huge gain in a hurry. He has top 5 WR skills, the only thing holding him back IMO is poor quarterback play and a conservative offense. This year the offense is supposed to be more wide open, which could lead to more opportunities for Chambers.I think this season he puts it all together, though the QBs will have alot to say about that...80 catches 1240 yds, 10 TDs.

Wow, gman - that sounds bonkers to me. The guy is good, but there are very many options in Miami, with McMichael, Boston, Booker, Brown, Ricky... the QBs aren't that good, the OL was crap last year. A ton would have to fall perfectly for Chambers to finally get a good situation this year.I like the guy, but I'm not betting on everything being ideal so quickly.72/1022/7

I think his numbers do improve this year due to getting the Vikings OC from last year but I still wouldn't think of putting Chambers in the top ten. I could argue top 15 and feel confident of saying top 20 but the thing that I've always not like about Chambers is his inconsistancy. He'll go one game with one or 2 catches and 30 to 50 yards and then explode for 120 and 2. If he could learn to be more consistent (much having to do with his qb play) he could sneek up on the top ten. but I don't think this year.The one thing that does jump out at me is his nose for the endzone that is why I'll base my numbers at72 rec. 1050 yards and 11 td'sHe's on my team so I'll look at the glass being half full.

Wow, gman - that sounds bonkers to me. The guy is good, but there are very many options in Miami, with McMichael, Boston, Booker, Brown, Ricky... the QBs aren't that good, the OL was crap last year. A ton would have to fall perfectly for Chambers to finally get a good situation this year.

I like the guy, but I'm not betting on everything being ideal so quickly.

72/1022/7
well, you're right, I'm drinking the kool-aid big time. What I'm basing my projections on is talent and opportunity. Talentwise I feel he's top 5, having watched this guy he's simply a phenomenal athlete, one of the best. Opportunity is the Fins claim they're going to open up the offense, go downfield more, and let Chambers make plays. Yes, a lot of things could go wrong and my projections are probably his ceiling this year, but I really think this guy is something special. Come December when he's got 523 yds and 3 TDs I'll be :cry:

I justed look up some info on him, hard to believe with the way he plays he's only 5 foot 11 inches. I was for sure he was about 6 foot 2 or 3. He plays alot taller than he is. He must have excellent leaping ability,

I justed look up some info on him, hard to believe with the way he plays he's only 5 foot 11 inches. I was for sure he was about 6 foot 2 or 3. He plays alot taller than he is. He must have excellent leaping ability,
Yeah he does some pretty crazy things for a 5'11" guy. As a Patriot fan who has to watch our DBs cover him, I can say right now that he definitely plays bigger than he is :eek: The guy can jump like Steve Smith... the Dolphins QBs just heave a ball and he launches up in the air to catch it.

Its like the Chef Boyardee commercial where the kid learns to jump so he can get the Chef Boyardee cans :lol:

Personally I'd be more excited about Chambers if his role were to catch underneath stuff and make plays as opposed to running the deeper routes that stretch the field. Deeper passes are tougher to complete, especially with marginal QB's, shoddy OL play, and a rookie RB in pass protection.Chambers is a great talent, but I won't reach for him expecting a break out season. I think he'll catch fewer balls with a better yards per catch average, but not be much better than last year. Too many question marks on that team for me.64 Recepts902 Yards14.1 YPC7 TD's

Chris Chambers, WR Dolphins:

Chris Chambers should be getting the ball more this year in Coach Saban's offense. I believe he'll be the guy that stretches the field for the Dolphins and he should finally crack 1000 yards receiving.

71 receptions for 1080 yards and 8 td's

With changes in the system and coaching, I think this is finally the year that Chambers does what he should have been doing a long time ago, be a consistent lower tier WR1. With the way Linehan stretches the field and calls plays to combine with an aggressive attitude of Saban, we should see an NFL offense in Miami finally. 82/1125/11

As an avid fan of THE Wisconsin Badgers I remember the thing about Chambers that was nearly supernatural was his ability along the sideline. He probably lost 1 battle for the ball along the sideline a year! His speed is world class downfield, less dominant on slants and outs. He needs a QB with time to throw and/or a real strong arm. If Frerrotte/Feeley/Rosenfels produces a guy with those skills watch out! Nobody is talking about Booker or Boston but they could spread this offense if they can recapture past success. Because a lot has to happen for this offense to cook I'd go a bit conservative here.73 catches for 1125 yds. and 9 touchdowns

With changes in the system and coaching, I think this is finally the year that Chambers does what he should have been doing a long time ago, be a consistent lower tier WR1. With the way Linehan stretches the field and calls plays to combine with an aggressive attitude of Saban, we should see an NFL offense in Miami finally.

82/1125/11
Awesome call Diablo! I was off a bit on the yardage but Chambers did have a solid all around year, finally breaking out and becoming one of the more dominant WRs in the league. Hopefully next year he can build on this success.

I think his numbers do improve this year due to getting the Vikings OC from last year but I still wouldn't think of putting Chambers in the top ten. I could argue top 15 and feel confident of saying top 20 but the thing that I've always not like about Chambers is his inconsistancy. He'll go one game with one or 2 catches and 30 to 50 yards and then explode for 120 and 2. If he could learn to be more consistent (much having to do with his qb play) he could sneek up on the top ten. but I don't think this year.

The one thing that does jump out at me is his nose for the endzone that is why I'll base my numbers at

72 rec. 1050 yards and 11 td's

He's on my team so I'll look at the glass being half full.
Come on I was pretty close also.

I think his numbers do improve this year due to getting the Vikings OC from last year but I still wouldn't think of putting Chambers in the top ten. I could argue top 15 and feel confident of saying top 20 but the thing that I've always not like about Chambers is his inconsistancy. He'll go one game with one or 2 catches and 30 to 50 yards and then explode for 120 and 2. If he could learn to be more consistent (much having to do with his qb play) he could sneek up on the top ten. but I don't think this year.

The one thing that does jump out at me is his nose for the endzone that is why I'll base my numbers at

You were, great job. Big thumbs up. Pat on the back. You must be related to Nostrodamus.Blackjacks RULES!!!! :D

You were, great job. Big thumbs up. Pat on the back. You must be related to Nostrodamus.Blackjacks RULES!!!! :D
I sense sarcasm!!!

Users who are viewing this thread