What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Playing Spiller and Fred Jackson? (1 Viewer)

Ned Ryerson

Footballguy
Trying not to make this too much into an AC thread, but am weighing playing both of these guys this week.

For those of us hurting at RB with crappy bench depth or guys with bad matchups, does the pool think there are enough carries to go around to potentially merit playing both these guys over guys with no competition for carries but have really not done much running the ball this year?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm doing exactly that so that I don't have to even bear to think about Chris Johnson in my line-up against the Seahawks.

While I'm skeptical that they're both going to get heavy carries or be that effective with those carries when the Bengals are stacking the line because Thad Lewis, I think that they're a heck of a lot better than a lot of other bye week options.

I would rather roll the dice with cj then start both bills rbs with one of the worst qbs in the league starting versus Bengals tough def

I'm doing exactly that so that I don't have to even bear to think about Chris Johnson in my line-up against the Seahawks.

While I'm skeptical that they're both going to get heavy carries or be that effective with those carries when the Bengals are stacking the line because Thad Lewis, I think that they're a heck of a lot better than a lot of other bye week options.
That's actually the exact situation that I am facing (plus Willis McGahee). Seahawks at home are so tough, and Chris Johnson has been so bad except for one big play last week.

Even if the Bills struggle, there should hopefully be 35 touches between the two backs.

I would rather roll the dice with cj then start both bills rbs with one of the worst qbs in the league starting versus Bengals tough def
True. The next question is who do you start between Jackson and Spiller then. Rolling the dice with every player because none stand out.

Thats what I did last week and I plan on doing it again this week. The Bills will run run run and I think both backs get 20+ touches.

Thats what I did last week and I plan on doing it again this week. The Bills will run run run and I think both backs get 20+ touches.
I would bet the under on both getting 20+ touches against a pretty stout Bengals D and Thad Lewis starting at QB.

It depends on your other options. I did it last week and it paid dividends. But I had Morris out on bye and my other RB was Mathews so I decided to roll the dice. I won't do it this week vs. Cincy Defense and with Manuel out. Rolling with Fred over CJ since he at least gets goal line carries and has been a much steadier producer to this point.

I have to do just that. Between injuries and byes, my options are very limited. Another option is to pick one of the two, and use a "flavor of he moment" ww find... The strength of my team is elsewhere, not rb. I have to weigh the total points of FJax + Spiller vs FJax OR Spiller + WW special... I feel like the highest aggregate points lies with the whole Bills combo. Given that many of us in this situation likely (hopefully?) have strengths elsewhere, it is my belief that its best to take what the Bills combo giveth, and allow the rest of the team do the heavy lifting, rather than guessing the wrong Bills RB, combined with a dud performance from an RB4+, and getting a near goose-egg from the RB position.

FYI: i traded spiller (+ Eli) for Romo (+ D. Richardson)...essentially giving up on spiller, his sharing of duties with fjax, his ankle injury and the questions surrounding an injured rookie QB running a scheme that doesn't seem to fit spiller like last year for a huge QB upgrade.

Starting Fred over spiller, would consider both if we were in the shoes of the guys who have posted here. but thankfully AD is past his bye.

I'm starting both and I don't like it, especially considering the match up. I just can't bring myself to bench Spiller but I've not started Fred all season andI can't just continue to make the same mistake over and over.

I think if you're debating starting one of the two, it has to be Jackson, despite all of our preseason notions. In my PPR league, FJax has out scored Spiller every week. Until Spiller shows some significant signs of life, you have to ride with FJax. But, as stated above, circumstance dictates I play both!

I think if you're debating starting one of the two, it has to be Jackson, despite all of our preseason notions. In my PPR league, FJax has out scored Spiller every week. Until Spiller shows some significant signs of life, you have to ride with FJax. But, as stated above, circumstance dictates I play both!
I have played Spiller every week over FJax in PPR and been burnt each time. Going FJax this week finally. FJax is playing better, is healthier, and they actually throw him the ball. Sure Spiller could break a long one but FJax is a lock for double digit points.

Users who are viewing this thread