What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Playoff Bound teams, post your teams for analysis (1 Viewer)

Ministry of Pain

Footballguy
I have one league where I have been fortunate to start 7-2.Here is my all star team(cough cough)QB: T.Brady, J.PlummerRB: J.Lewis, W.McGahee, W.Dunn, K.Jones, S.Morris, TJ Duckett, T.HenryWR: R.Moss, J.Walker, R.Wayne, R.GardnerTE: T.GonzoK: Kaeding/K.BrownDef: Pittsburgh, T.BayI think for a start 2 WR, I have come out smelling like a rose considering Moss was my 1st round pick. I traded D.Staley and Keyshawn Johnson week 4 to obtain T.Brady. I have gotten fairly solid play from my QBs and Jake Plummer has really drove a stake through my oponents the last 2 weeks...it can't last though, can it?My RB are a rag tag group...I got McGahee on waivers of all things the 1st couple weeks of the season...it happens. Kevin Jones is useless to me right now and I would like to cut him but I am not sure who I would get. My team if you look at it in week 4-5 was very average and I was 2-2 at that point. In fact I started the season 0-2 and have ripped off 7 in a row. The past 4 weeks has seen Plummer, Gonzo, and McGahee really turn it on.I did not draft Walker, in fact I traded Faulk/Driver for him and got Henry to ensure the Bills backfield and get a better frontline starter at WR with R.Moss out. When you look at my team, I don't think it strikes fear...I don't have a Culpepper, Priest, Green, or an Owens...those guys scare me to death. However, being in 1st place you can say that I basically have a solid backfield with a lot of RB to choose from different weeks and a better than average WR core when fully helthy...if R.Moss comes back it could be special. Gonzo has to keep producing in order to have that big edge at TE that so many owners crave.What are you putting on the frontline? What do you attribute to your success this season? And what starters you are playing have you worried for the playoff stretch/run?

6-3QBs: Favre, BreesRBs: Barber, Barlow, Blaylock,Wells, W Green, J JonesWRs: Harrison, Coles, K Johnson, A DavisTEs: McMichael, LJ SmithK: VanderjagtD: Buffalo, ChicagoObviously I have ridden Barber to my record, but the QBBC of Favre and Brees has also helped me tremendously. I have won 5 out of my last six games so I hope I am not peaking too soon.The prospects of starting Barlow at my RB2 for the rest of the season had me :hot: so I just completed a deal of Favre/Green for Harrington/McGahee. My RBs are now looking better and I hope this puts me in better position for the playoffs.

I'm in 4 leagues and the season ended today, I'd be in the playoffs in all of them (2 are 7-2, 2 are 5-4). I'll just post my 7-2 teams since I might not make it with the other 2.

LEAGUE 1

QB Brooks, Brees

RB Holmes, Pittman, Barlow, Blaylock, Wheatley, Henry

WR Owens, AJohnson, Holt, Chambers, Kennison

PK Elam, Tynes

DF Philadelphia

(I just traded Dunn & Burress to get Holt and Wheatley)

LEAGUE 2

QB Brooks, Favre

RB Holmes, Martin, SDavis, Blaylock, Jordan

WR Harrison, CJohnson, Moulds, KeyJohnson

PK Vinateri

DF Tampa Bay, Houston

QB: P. Manning $$$$RB: S Alexander, M Pittman, R Droughns, J Bettis, A ThomasWR:D Driver, B Stokley,L Coles, N BuerlesonTE: A Crumpler, D ClarkDE: JETS, T-BPS. All of those RB where not drafted:SA for TJones& Taylor;Pittman & Droughns on WW.I'm 6-3 but leader in pts.

Last edited by a moderator:
6-3QBs: Favre, BreesRBs: Barber, Barlow, Blaylock,Wells, W Green, J JonesWRs: Harrison, Coles, K Johnson, A DavisTEs: McMichael, LJ SmithK: VanderjagtD: Buffalo, ChicagoObviously I have ridden Barber to my record, but the QBBC of Favre and Brees has also helped me tremendously. I have won 5 out of my last six games so I hope I am not peaking too soon.The prospects of starting Barlow at my RB2 for the rest of the season had me :hot: so I just completed a deal of Favre/Green for Harrington/McGahee. My RBs are now looking better and I hope this puts me in better position for the playoffs.
That McGahee deal is a steal in my opinion. I think at this point you have to put the rock in Brees hands and let him go to work for you.

12 team redraft: 1/2/2/1, 7-2 recordQB: C-Pep, RattayRB: Alexander, Tiki, Barlow, BellWR: R. Moss, Coles, Lloyd, Kennison, TerrellTE: E. Johnson, D. GrahamHad a great first 4 draft picks:1.6 - Alexander2.7 - C-Pep3.6 - CMart4.7 - Tiki2 weeks ago traded CMart/Toomer for R. Moss/Barlow. Hoping Moss will be healthy for our playoffs weeks 15-17.

6-3 with a two game lead in my division.QB: Culpepper, Leftwich, FreotteRB: C. Brown, K. Barlow, F. Taylor, A. Smith, Juilus JonesWR/TE: R. Moss, J. Smith, J. Gafney, D. Bennett, K. Colbert, Eric JohnsonK: Elam, FeeleyD: WAS, STL12 team auction keeper league. Traded Edge for Culpepper and Portis for Moss early in the season. No more trades or FA are allowed after this week. Looking good if Moss comes back healthy in a week or two :thumbup: .

Record is 7-2 in a redraft, TD only leagueQB - BulgerRB - C Brown, T Jones, Maghee, Pittman and S JacksonWR - R Moss, H Ward, M Harrison and C JohnsonK - JanikowskiGot lucky picking WR with first three picks then hitting on C Brown and T Jones...Maghee and Pittman were FA acquisitions early on Should be set to make a serious playoff run!!! :P

Record 6-3QB: Bulger, Carr, CollinsRB: A. Green, Lewis, Staley, Bettis, Duckett, DavenportWR: T. Owens, D. Mason, J. Smith, A. Boldin, L. Fitzgerald, A. ToomerPK: VinatieriDT: NE, SEAAnyone see any weaknesses that I might need to work on for the playoffs (weeks 14-17)? Waiver wire pickings are slim at best and I am hesistant to drop someone like Toomer who could potentially have a few good weeks in him and would be scoffed up rather quickly.

Record is 7-2 in a redraft, TD only leagueQB - BulgerRB - C Brown, T Jones, Maghee, o Smith, Pittman and S JacksonWR - R Moss, H Ward, M Harrison and C JohnsonK - JanikowskiGot lucky picking WR with first three picks then hitting on C Brown and T Jones...Maghee and Pittman were FA acquisitions early on Should be set to make a serious playoff run!!! :P

I'm in 4 leagues and the season ended today, I'd be in the playoffs in all of them (2 are 7-2, 2 are 5-4). I'll just post my 7-2 teams since I might not make it with the other 2.

LEAGUE 1

QB Brooks, Brees

RB Holmes, Pittman, Barlow, Blaylock, Wheatley, Henry

WR Owens, AJohnson, Holt, Chambers, Kennison

PK Elam, Tynes

DF Philadelphia

(I just traded Dunn & Burress to get Holt and Wheatley)

LEAGUE 2

QB Brooks, Favre

RB Holmes, Martin, SDavis, Blaylock, Jordan

WR Harrison, CJohnson, Moulds, KeyJohnson

PK Vinateri

DF Tampa Bay, Houston
With Blaylock backing up Priest I would say you are in good shape. I would consider getting Larry Johnson as well....you don't know how long Priest will be out.

5-4, 12 team league. Just pulled trades for TO, Harrison, and WittenBradyLT2, OSmith/Moore, ATrain, LevensTO, Harrison, Horn, JSmith, Colbert, etc.WittenCarneyDBC

QB: P. Manning $$$$RB: S Alexander, M Pittman, R DroughnsWR:D Driver, B Stokley,L Coles, N BuerlesonTE: A Crumpler, D ClarkDE: JETS, T-BPS. All of those RB where not drafted:SA for TJones& Taylor;Pittman & Droughns on WW.I'm 6-3 but leader in pts.
I don't know your scoring system but I think you have some holes at WR. I would be looking to shore that up a bit. Stokely is really a freaky thing. he IS the #3 WR and I know he has posted a lot of numbers but....

6-3QBs: Favre, BreesRBs: Barber, Barlow, Blaylock,Wells, W Green, J JonesWRs: Harrison, Coles, K Johnson, A DavisTEs: McMichael, LJ SmithK: VanderjagtD: Buffalo, ChicagoObviously I have ridden Barber to my record, but the QBBC of Favre and Brees has also helped me tremendously. I have won 5 out of my last six games so I hope I am not peaking too soon.The prospects of starting Barlow at my RB2 for the rest of the season had me  :hot: so I just completed a deal of Favre/Green for Harrington/McGahee. My RBs are now looking better and I hope this puts me in better position for the playoffs.
That McGahee deal is a steal in my opinion. I think at this point you have to put the rock in Brees hands and let him go to work for you.
No doubt. I think GB focuses more on the run the second half of the season. Brees should continue to put up points. His remaining schedule is BYE, @Oak, @KC, DENVER, TAMPA BAY, @Cle, Week 16 @Ind, KC.

My 6-3 team- 1st in division with one game leadQB: Carr, Pennington(via trade), BledsoeRB:SAlexander, TJones, Barlow, O Smith(ww)WR: McCardell(ww), J.Walker, Moulds(via trade), Stallworth(via trade), KRobinsonTE: Crumpler, EJohnsonK: Carney, BrienDef: Seattle, JacksonvilleMy strength has been Alexander lighting it up, Walker "arriving" and Moulds/Carr providing consistency. My weakness is my #2 back, my #3 WR, Defense is shaky.Hopefully my 2 ww pickups address the RB and WR situation.

6-3 in a redraft. TD=6, rush/Rcvg 25Yds = 1, Passing 150 = 1QB Aaron Brooks, NO QB Marc Bulger, STL RB LaDainian Tomlinson, SD RB Edgerrin James, IND RB Onterrio Smith, MIN RB Kevan Barlow, SF RB Reuben Droughns, DEN WR Randy Moss, MIN WR Jimmy Smith, JAC WR Andre Johnson, HOU WR Roy Williams®, DET WR Nate Burleson, MIN PK Lawrence Tynes, KC Def Eagles, Team Defense, PHI I'm trying to trade Droughns and Smith to strengthen Receivers for the playoffs. Maybe Droughns or Smith for I. Bruce since I still have LT and Edge.

12 team redraft: 1/2/2/1, 7-2 recordQB: C-Pep, RattayRB: Alexander, Tiki, Barlow, BellWR: R. Moss, Coles, Lloyd, Kennison, TerrellTE: E. Johnson, D. GrahamHad a great first 4 draft picks:1.6 - Alexander2.7 - C-Pep3.6 - CMart4.7 - Tiki2 weeks ago traded CMart/Toomer for R. Moss/Barlow. Hoping Moss will be healthy for our playoffs weeks 15-17.
You look pretty solid. i am sure the decreas in C-Pep the past few weeks has you worried a bit, and Moss might be out for the rest of the season. I hate to think it but it could be true. I wrote a thread on when the other shoe would drop for him but everyone seems to think he will be fine.

7-2QB: Manning- McCown (Drafted Leftwich, traded for PM before the season)RB: Edge, Westbrook, Mew Moore Larry Johson, Reno MaheWR: Chad Johnson, Keyshawn, Keary Colbert, Keenan McCardellTE: Jermaine WigginsK: Josh BrownD/ST: EaglesThe Manning trade made my season. I offered him Fred Taylor and a WR of choice ( I didn't have CJ at the time), he insisted on taking Lelie and Taylor plus he had to have Mark Brunell or he wouldn't make the deal. Afterwards, he bragged about winning out on the trade. To make this deal sweeter, the guy is the defending champ, who knocked me out of the playoffs last year!

7-2Plummer, McNairFaulk, Jackson, A. Green, K. JonesGardner, Wayne, StokelyGatesWilkensBunglesOnly players on my team now that were at the beginning of the year: Plummer, McNair, Faulk and Gates.

8-1PlummerBrooksEdgeTikiCMartinDunnR. MossS. MossR. SmithM. Lewis (KR yardage counts. #3 scoring WR in the league)JJ MosesElamJ. AbrahamJ. SharperAzumah (again....KR yardage)I wish my QB position was a little stronger and obviously I hope Moss is back.

This is probably the worst 8-1 team ever, but here it is (8-team league):We got to protect up to 5 players (I protected 4). Before the season I traded an 8th-round pick for Travis Henry :bag: Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR/TE, 3 Flex (so up to 4 RB), 1 K, 1 IDP, 1 DefenseScoring is essentially TD-base with almost nothing for yardage.I will say that I think my success so far speaks to being active in the Free Agent market and not being afraid to cut guys you loved in the draft but didn't pan out. I protected 4 RB, and at most one (Taylor) might start this week, yet I was able to dig up out of favor guys like E Smith to get me through.QBs Currect - Bulger (Rd 7.05), T Green (11.05), B Leftwich (FA - Week 7-IR)QB Drafted but dropped: Palmer (12.05)RBs Current - Holmes (Protect-IR), F Taylor (Protect), Henry (Protect), S Davis (Protect), W Dunn (FA - Week 2), E Smith (FA - Week 2), D Blaylock (FA - Week 8), O Smith (FA - Week 10 (!)), A Thomas (FA - Week 10)RB Drafted but Cut: Duckett (Rd 10.05)WRs Current - D Mason (5.05), R Gardner (FA - Week 9)WRs Drafted but Cut: Coles (Rd 9.05), Chambers (Rd 13.05), Burress (16.05)K Current - S Graham (FA - Week 9)K Drafted but Cut: Longwell (Rd 15.05)DEF Current - Baltimore (Rd 6.05), Jets (FA - Week 4)DEF Drafted but Cut: Miami (Rd 14.04)IDP Current - Charles Grant (FA - Week 7)IDP Drafted But Cut: Ogunleye (Rd 15.04)-QG

Current Record: 8-1Starting: 2QB, 3RB, 4WR, 1TE, 1K, 1DEF12-team dynasty auctionQB:Tom BradyBrian GrieseBilly VolekChris SimmsRB:Priest HolmesCurtis MartinDomanick DavisDerrick BlaylockMewelde MooreWR:Marvin HarrisonDavid GivensKeyshawn JohnsonMichael ClaytonKeary ColbertTE:Jason WittenK:David AkersDEF:Green BayWashington

Record 6-3QB: Bulger, Carr, CollinsRB: A. Green, Lewis, Staley, Bettis, Duckett, DavenportWR: T. Owens, D. Mason, J. Smith, A. Boldin, L. Fitzgerald, A. ToomerPK: VinatieriDT: NE, SEAAnyone see any weaknesses that I might need to work on for the playoffs (weeks 14-17)? Waiver wire pickings are slim at best and I am hesistant to drop someone like Toomer who could potentially have a few good weeks in him and would be scoffed up rather quickly.
OK, at QB, Carr has a nice matchup 1 of the playoff weeks. RB: Green and Lewis...you're set.WR: Owens, Mason, and Fitz/Boldin and J.Smith....can I have this set of wideouts PLEASE!VinaTDeriand NE...you're fine kid.

12 team dynasty league:QB: C'pep, McNair, BrooksRB: O. Smith, Taylor, Pittman, McGahee, R. Johnson, Wheatley, HenryWR: C. Johnson, Burress, Roy WilliamsI'm leading my division with a 6-3 record, and I'm 3rd overall in points scored in the league.While my team appears very solid, the team leading the league in points has an even more stellar cast; however, he has no depth. I'm praying for an injury to either Tiki, Ahman, or that Moss stays out for some time.I've been trying to deal some of my RB depth for a top 10 WR or top 3 RB, but no takers so far.

5-4, 12 team league. Just pulled trades for TO, Harrison, and WittenBradyLT2, OSmith/Moore, ATrain, LevensTO, Harrison, Horn, JSmith, Colbert, etc.WittenCarneyDBC
Brilliant. Love the WR. Onterrio and LT2...needs to be helthy and you're set.

I should add that I actually turned down the following trade about 3 weeks ago. Perhaps I shouldn't have, but I feel that having Priest is like getting to start an entire extra playerI would give up Priest.He would give up McAllister, Holt, McGaheeRemember, it's all on the TDs - yardage, receiving, etc. means squat in this league. I'll also add that the guy who offered the trade is in my division, is 7-2, and already has Tomlinson and Portis - there's no way I could let him have Priest too!-QG

This is a 14-team keeper league with $100 salary cap, with rules that meant some players' values are out of whack because they happened to get certain players cheap. 7-2 - 1st in division, 2nd overall.D McNabb 13 (Kept from last year)K Collins 1 (FA)D Davis 3 (Kept from last year)L Suggs 3 (Kept from last year)M Faulk 30 (Kept from last year)R Droughns 1 (FA)I Bruce 8 (Drafted this year)J Smith 8 (Drafted this year)M Muhammed 1 (Drafted this year)D Terrell 1 (FA)J Witten 1 (Drafted this year)D Graham 2 (Drafted this year)J Kasay 1 (Drafted this year)B Cundiff 1 (Drafted this year)Seattle 1 (Drafted this year)Pittsburgh 1 (Drafted this year)I got McNabb and Faulk in a trade last year when my team was 0 and 4 and needed help, and McNabb and Faulk were ineffective and injured, respectively. I got D Davis and Suggs in FA last year, and the rules state that the salary goes up $2 each year you keep them. This season, I wanted to get an RB that was left (Q Griffin) and at least one of the best WRs left on the board (I got two instead, Bruce and J Smith). I lucked out and got Droughns on waivers to replace Griffin the week after Droughns first start. My best picks were my TEs and WRs. My Ks stink - but their is no one better in FA now (must have 2 kickers on roster - that means 28 kickers are not in FA). I play the 3-time defending champs (he's owned Preist Holmes for years). I hope to win and further solidify my playoff chances.

My 6-3 team- 1st in division with one game leadQB: Carr, Pennington(via trade), BledsoeRB:SAlexander, TJones, Barlow, O Smith(ww)WR: McCardell(ww), J.Walker, Moulds(via trade), Stallworth(via trade), KRobinsonTE: Crumpler, EJohnsonK: Carney, BrienDef: Seattle, JacksonvilleMy strength has been Alexander lighting it up, Walker "arriving" and Moulds/Carr providing consistency. My weakness is my #2 back, my #3 WR, Defense is shaky.Hopefully my 2 ww pickups address the RB and WR situation.
This is in my opinion the shakiest of the teams that have posted so far.I think Bledsoe is a waste of space. Pennington is out awhile. Carr is really a #2 QB so you are gonna drop a few down the stretch here.Alexander is solid, Jones/Barlow...not so much right now, O.Smith(could be big but MN is really hard to figure)Javon Walker is stable...like Keenan as your #2 down the stretch.

I believe mine is in my signature. 12 team league, 7-2 right now. Start 1qb/2rb/2wr/1flex(wr/rb)/te/k/team dJust in case:BradyCarrAlexanderLewisDroughnsDunnT. HenryD. JacksonDriverLloydMcCardellBurlesonGraham (for now)LongwellSeattle

8-1BradyLT, Droughns, Taylor, Emmit SmithTO, Javon Walker, Chad Johnson, Az HakimJason WittenAdam VinatieriJets/Bucs DHoping Fragile has the 2nd half the year he did last year and that LT is back to his old ways after the bye... maybe Chad J will step it up and start scoring Td's and if Droughns keeps his job I should be very hard to beat.... SHOULD. :excited:

Well since 5-4 counts I'll throw up this crew. I'm happy to even be in the hunt:Just the current guys:QBs - T Green, DelhommeRBs - McAllister, Barlow, C Brown, Suggs, S Jackson, BlaylockWRs - C Johnson, Wayne, Burleson, FitzgeraldTE - McMichael (I have Franks as a rental this week)K - Elam (I have the Steelers kicker as a rental this week)This one's a 10-team league. Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 KAll TDs are worth 6. 1 point for each 25 yards rushing starting at 50. 1 point for each 25 yards receiving starting at 50. For WR/TE, 1 point for each catch starting with the 6th catch. Kicker scoring is normal. No bonuses/penalties for QB Yardage or INT.-QG

6-2-1 in a dynasty league - defending champs. Currently Rank third in points scored. Average 121 pts per week. Start 1-2-3-1-1-1QB - Tom Brady / Byron Leftwich / Jake DelhommeRB - Jamal Lewis / Dominick Davis / Rudi Johnson / Onterio SmithRB backups - Chester Taylor / Tony HollingsWR - Marvin Harrison / Jimmy Smith / Ashley Lelie / Anquan BoldinWR backups - Marty Booker / Antonio Bryant / Quincy MorganTE - Tony Gonzalez / Jason WittenK - Jason Elam / Phil DawsonDEF/ST - Baltimore Ravens / Cincinnati BengalsInjured ReserveWR - Reche Caldwell / Marc BoerigterTE - Ben WatsonPractice SquadQB - Drew HensonRB - Chris PerryWR - Cortez Hanktonone open spotFeel pretty good about this squad again. Pretty consistent scoring team. Like my chances for a repeat.

12 Team IDP Redraft (drafted players in bold ) Record 7-2

QB: Brees, Leftwich, Gararrd

RB: Priest, Rudi, Kevin Jones, Julius Jones, Michael Bennett, Droughns, Blaylock,

WR: Rod Smith, Nate Burleson, Andre Johnson, Doug Gabriel, Drew Bennett

TE: Shockey

K: Carney

D: Start 6 any position

Ray Lewis, Urlacher, Donnie Edwards, Anthony Simmons, Lance Briggs, Adrian Wilson, Charles Grant, John Abraham

I went RB and LB for the first 8 rounds which left me pretty thin at WR. Timely pickups from the waiver wire and trades have led me to where I am. I picked up and traded Lamar Gordon for Andre Johnson after week one, and recently traded Plummer and Rod Gardner for Leftwich and Shockey.

7-2QB: Manning- McCown (Drafted Leftwich, traded for PM before the season)RB: Edge, Westbrook, Mew Moore Larry Johson, Reno MaheWR: Chad Johnson, Keyshawn, Keary Colbert, Keenan McCardellTE: Jermaine WigginsK: Josh BrownD/ST: EaglesThe Manning trade made my season. I offered him Fred Taylor and a WR of choice ( I didn't have CJ at the time), he insisted on taking Lelie and Taylor plus he had to have Mark Brunell or he wouldn't make the deal. Afterwards, he bragged about winning out on the trade. To make this deal sweeter, the guy is the defending champ, who knocked me out of the playoffs last year!
Sweet BF, sweet

This is probably the worst 8-1 team ever, but here it is (8-team league):We got to protect up to 5 players (I protected 4). Before the season I traded an 8th-round pick for Travis Henry :bag: Start 1 QB, 1 RB, 1 WR/TE, 3 Flex (so up to 4 RB), 1 K, 1 IDP, 1 DefenseScoring is essentially TD-base with almost nothing for yardage.I will say that I think my success so far speaks to being active in the Free Agent market and not being afraid to cut guys you loved in the draft but didn't pan out. I protected 4 RB, and at most one (Taylor) might start this week, yet I was able to dig up out of favor guys like E Smith to get me through.QBs Currect - Bulger (Rd 7.05), T Green (11.05), B Leftwich (FA - Week 7-IR)QB Drafted but dropped: Palmer (12.05)RBs Current - Holmes (Protect-IR), F Taylor (Protect), Henry (Protect), S Davis (Protect), W Dunn (FA - Week 2), E Smith (FA - Week 2), D Blaylock (FA - Week 8), O Smith (FA - Week 10 (!)), A Thomas (FA - Week 10)RB Drafted but Cut: Duckett (Rd 10.05)WRs Current - D Mason (5.05), R Gardner (FA - Week 9)WRs Drafted but Cut: Coles (Rd 9.05), Chambers (Rd 13.05), Burress (16.05)K Current - S Graham (FA - Week 9)K Drafted but Cut: Longwell (Rd 15.05)DEF Current - Baltimore (Rd 6.05), Jets (FA - Week 4)DEF Drafted but Cut: Miami (Rd 14.04)IDP Current - Charles Grant (FA - Week 7)IDP Drafted But Cut: Ogunleye (Rd 15.04)-QG
Excellent anlaysis, thanks!

Redraft 7-2Start: 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 2Flex, 1TE, 1PK, 1DTQB: Leftwich-Rattay-HarringtonRB: Green-Martin-Rudi-Barlow-T. JonesWR: J. Smith-Mason-McCardell-A. DavisTE: Gates-JonesPK: Stover-KaedingDT: BaltimoreMy team doesn't look very intimidating, but they are getting the job done. :thumbup:

8-1QB Brooks, HassRB; Deuce, D. Davis, C. Brown, W. Green, J. JonesWR A.Johnson, T. Owens, A. BoldinTE Da. Clark, HeapK VenitariDef. Balt, Clev. Clearly, Brown, Owen, and Johnson have been carrying my team, along with a lot of waiver wire gems that have filtered through my line-up. I just made some deals that depleted my depth but shored up my QB situation, and I grabbed the top D for their week 17 match-up with Miami.

Thank you :)I'm just hoping that Henry lands somewhere next year that might warrant my trading of the pick for him. I actually had that in mind a little bit when I did it (though I hardly anticipated a big goose egg for the season from him). An 8th-rounder may not seem a big deal, but the bigger deal was that it upped my number of protects to 4 from 3, which can make a big difference in picking out the young RBs (like K Jones who I lost out on) that can be a foundation for later seasons - which does have a little bit of value.I think slightly older RBs sometimes are undervalued in keeper league when compared to the guys with 'potential'. Perhaps this is because people are hunting for the next Marshall Faulk imagining an RB with a studly solid 10-year career. They tend to forget guys like Ickey Woods who were brilliant until that one big injury brought them down. I see ALL running backs as having a maximum shelf life of 4 years (which is a big reason why I just can't seem to give up Holmes). Injury replacements are as likely as being that future stud as anybody else (heck in the league where I have Deuce, I got him late in the year as a handcuff for Ricky). This paragraph was just sort of a random 2 cents I guess :) -QG

7-2 with 5/9 weekly high scores, >200 total points more than the next highest team. yds+scoring, ppt per reception.QB: P Manning, Ben RothRB (play 2): A Green, Tiki Barber, Curtis MartinWR (play 3): C Johnson, R Smith, B Lloyd, K Colbert, L Fitz, A ToomerTE (req): A Gates, J StevensK: Josh BrownDST: Redskins, BroncosThis squad has been putting up consistent points all season, so I'm a lock for the playoffs already. I just hope my luck holds through the playoffs (we have 3 weeks of single elimination).Recently traded Reggie Wayne + Daniel Graham for A Gates + A Toomer. After this weekend (Gates bye) will trade J Stevens for Davenport, or Derrick Blaylock (who someone just dropped and is on waivers until Tuesday).

7-2QB - Favre, Brooks, McNairRB - LT, Lewis, DDWR - Owens, Holt, FitzTE - Heap, WigginsK - LongwellDef - Ravens, Bills4 player keeper league. Make a lot of deals (picked up Favre this week).

OK. How's this for 5-4? A little luck and I'd be 8-1. (It's a keeper league with two O, 1 rook and 1 D kept.)QB - Manning (acquired in offseason along with extra keeper right); Brady (acquired recently); Delhomme; McCownRB - Alexander (keeper); Brown; Pittman; Suggs; Wheatley; Morris; HooverWR - Holt (keeper); Johnson (rook keeper); Roy Williams (recently acquired); Muhammad; Stallworth; Bryant; WattsTE - Gonzalez; JohnsonPK - Brown; GrahamLB - Lewis (keeper); Fletcher; DJ WilliamsDL - Grant; Schobel; Justin Smith; Coleman; Udeze; Osi UmenyioraDB - Archuleta; Gibril Wilson; Polamalu; Kiel; Hamlin; Ken LucasST - Tampa

Here's mine; I'm 7-2 in a 12 team redraft league (good for 1st and best overall record).Start 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1K; mandatory roster of 2QB/4RB/4WR/2TE/2KQB: Manning, GrieseRB: A Green, C Brown, W Dunn, TJ DuckettWR: T Owens, R Moss, A Boldin, D PattenTE: D Graham, J PutzierK: M Stover, B Cundiff3 trades this year:week 3 (or so) traded W Dunn to acquire McAllister after injury to Deuceweek 6 (or so) traded T Brady and C Martin to acquire P Manning and TJ Duckettweek 10 just traded McAllister, A Johnson, Carr for Moss, Dunn, GrieseI'm ####ed if Moss isn't back in time for the playoffs, but figure that Boldin should fill in adequately while Moss is out. The deal for Manning has been huge for me, as passing TDs are 6 points in this league.

I'm 7-2 in a 12 team re-draft start 1,2,2,1,k,d1pt 25 yds rush/rec/pass1pt per reception6pts all td'sqbgreenroethlisbergerrbmartindunntaylorr.johnsonwrr.mossharrisonlloydfitzgeraldpriceteshockeyfrankskandersond washingtonI don't have the major knockout punch at rb but my receivers will be outstanding when the playoffs begin(assuming moss comes back)Overall I feel pretty good about my squad

12-team Redraft, start 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, Flex, K, DST6-3 record, a couple points out of the league highQB: Manning, RattayRB: Alexander, Martin, TJones, OSmithWR: Boldin, Coles, Lloyd, Colbert, Toomer, KRobTE: Heap, StevensK: Josh BrownDST: BuccaneersI'm working like mad to deal Martin for Harrison. I envision OSmith as my flex player from here on out, with TJones a perfectly serviceable fallback.With Harrison and Boldin in my WR slots, I should be set, with plenty of depth.I need Heap to get healthy.Liking my outlook if I can just get that Harrison deal to go through. Otherwise I've got more RB depth than I can utilize, and shaky starting WRs.

I keep getting told I'm a fraud by my leaguemates and having an outside perspective should be interesting.

Currently 7-2 (tied 1st overall) and 1st in scoring. 12 team auction league ($100 cap). Price beside drafted players.

Start 2QB, 2RB, 3WR/TE, 1K, 1D

Pass: 1pt/20yds, 3pt/TD

Rush/Rec: 1pt/10yds, 6pt/TD

QB: Leftwich(8), Carr(9), McCown

RB: Holmes(32), McAllister, KJones, Blaylock

WR: Holt(17), Boldin(2), Chambers, L. Evans

K: Stover(1), Carney

D: Bears(1), Indy(1)

Dealt Staley & Bledsoe to the Stephen Davis owner during panic mode for Favre & KJones.

Dealt Favre, S. Morris, L. Coles, Gonzo for McAllister, McCown, & Chambers

Auction values are out of whack because of too many auction newbies. True studs went for FAR too high, and in a 12 team league I almost found myself with all my cash and no clear-cut #1 guys. I decided I had to pay whatever it took to get a top 3 RB, then roll the dice on some QBs I felt good about.

I believe I've got a reasonable shot at the title if Holmes & Lefty are going strong by week 14. Gotta love that JAX schedule.

Just looking through the rosters, there's a lot of teams with Manning at QB. I'd be curious to see if any other player is more strongly correlated with a good record/playoff position. God knows he has singlehandledly won games for me in the past 2 weeks.

7-2QB - Brooks, BreesRB - Brown, F Taylor, O Smith, WheatleyWR - R Moss, DJax, Burleson, BennettK - J Brown, StoverD - Philly, Seattle1 QB2 RB2 WR 1 RB/WR1 K1 D

8 and 1, dynasty leagueStart 1 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, 1K, 1DQB - Favre, Plummer, EManning (played Favre every week except wk 9 BYE)RB - Green, Staley, Jones, Pittman, Bennett, DavenportWR - Ward, Horn, Key Johnson, McCardell, Lloyd, WilfordD: Patriots, TitansK - Feeley

I have a few - they have a lot of different components, actually. And I don't consider myself "playoff bound" until I am actually locked in.Avoiding the jinx.Suffice it to say that there are a large variety of ways to make a standout team.

Users who are viewing this thread