What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Playoff Fantasy Football League - Pot o' Gold, is back!! (1 Viewer)

Irish3

Footballguy
Hello All!

Happy Holidays to everyone! So if you're already knocked out of your regular season league/s and need to move on or are just a junky looking for more, Pot o' Gold is back for another year!!

Same rules apply from previous years, $25 per entry. Play any player you want, any week that you want to play them (not 1 and done), Wild Card weekend through the Super Bowl. Payouts will be determined by the number of participants involved. We had 87 people in it last year (have had close to 100 other years), and I paid out 1st-5th and the person who had the single highest 1-week total.

Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any questions or have anyone else who wants to get in on this contest. I cleaned up and deleted a bunch of teams who hadn't played in 2-3 years, as we were maxed out at 200 teams last year.

I accept entry fees to my Paypal, venmo or check/snail mail if needed.

Please do not mention anything about the money being for Fantasy football or fantasy league as that'll get my PP account locked, if you use that method. Just include your name/team name and send it as gift to family friends to avoid fees being taken out. If you need to send me a check/cash, you'll get my address in the league invite or PM wheen requested.

Again Happy Holidays to all!

Thx,

Scotty (Irish)

Paid

Irish
Montana is da Man (Michael W) - PP
G4C (Jason) - V
#1 Giants' Fan - V
Bcat01- V
Heehawks- V
High Flyers - PP
Bobby- V
JoJo - V
Red Barchetta- V
Borge007- PP
Harbor Rats- PP
Dragon's Wife- PP
Sandra- V
Sparkle bronies- V
Dcat- V
Timmay777- V
Raoul Duke- V
Gopher- V
Kim R- PP
Hoodoo (Steve V)- PP
Sundae couch potato- V
eoMMan (Dan M)- V
RR- PP
HBTC- check
KC REUNITED- (Tammy E-PP)
Roland Stones- V
Bobby Brown- PP
The General- V
Sauced Leprechauns- V
Monson33- PP
Wilderness Girls- PP
Eddie H (The Birds)- V
Mark H- V
John H- V
Semperfi- V
Zippity Do Da- V
Junkyard Dogs- V
Pat B- V
Shea M (Bob N. Weaver) - V
River Rats (Doug)- V
Mile high 719 (Sean B)- PP
Joe Buck Yourself (Caelen M.)- PP
MikesVikes- (V)
Sofaking Awesome- cash
Jake Fromm State Far- cash
Olave Garden- cash
Rusty Colts (Ed D)- PP
Malta69- V
Shaft- PP
Will S (Billy)- PP
Isleseeya- V
JSpecs- V
Eagle2003- PP
Literally Possessed- PP
James LaB- V
Airtrev- V
Tomer- PP
JoJoTheWebToedBoy-PP
Greg&April- PP
Rob C- V
Jeremiah W - V
Pick6Baby (Matt H)- V
Wooten17 (Greg W)- PP
Bristol Bloods- V
Wild Turkey- V
GBrizza- V
Anthony G- PP
De Wanna Wanga- V
Da Raiders- V
Dane B- V
Craig and Joey- V
Dan G- PP
Tru soldja- PP
Mike Pags- PP
Junkyard Dogs- V
Mark O- V
Cowboyz1- PP
Spider Girl- V
G- Force- Zelle
Let's Go Brandon (Chris G)- V

Last edited:
Bump for all those suffering through fresh Championship losses or hopefully, wins. Who wants in?

HBTC is in and sending a check. Bobby, JoJo, Red Barchetta, and High Flyers (Ramona) are also in and paid.

Remember, this contest is not a one and done contest, meaning once you use a player you can't use them again. This contest is best lineup every week, no limitations. You can use whatever players you want from any team playing that weekend, to field a legal lineup.

Btw, can someone try to send me a PM, even if you don't want in, just to see if my issue with not being able to receive PMs is fixed. Thx

Two things.

We'll let this run here one more year but this will be the last year. We don't let other people use the forums to run their leagues like this.
Second, if you send someone money on the internet, you assume 100% of the risk. Footballguys in no way shape or form endorses this league.

Two things.

We'll let this run here one more year but this will be the last year. We don't let other people use the forums to run their leagues like this.
Second, if you send someone money on the internet, you assume 100% of the risk. Footballguys in no way shape or form endorses this league.

2 things in return...

1. Thank you for allowing the post for the league.

2. While it certainly is 100% each person's responsibility to send money to someone on the internet, and of course FBGs has nothing to do with this contest, there is ZERO risk in terms of this contest's legitimacy. I have run this league for over a quarter of a century and it has grown from about a dozen people to almost 100. I have NEVER taken a single dime from the pot for myself, as each red cent has been paid out to the winners every year, and any person in this contest could verify that.

Again, thank you for allowing the post for this contest. Have a great day!

Playoff football starts less than a week away. If you want in shoot me a PM with your email and I'll send over an invite.

Two things.

Your site, your rules.

Not sure how this is different than the looking for leagues Forum. I have a 16 year old league, that commish. I recruited heavily on this board since it was full idp dynasty. People barely knew what it was. 😂

again, your site, your rules.

Two things.

Your site, your rules.

Not sure how this is different than the looking for leagues Forum. I have a 16 year old league, that commish. I recruited heavily on this board since it was full idp dynasty. People barely knew what it was. 😂

This is 100% correct. Whether the league is run during the regular season or the playoffs, there's no difference. People are paying an entry fee to get in, trusting the folks running it to pay out at the end.

I wasn't gonna argue the point, but you brought up exactly how I felt. Which is ultimately why I just post about the league every year and will do so next season. They told me the same thing last year and I was like you guys are literally in business because of people playing this game and wanting your info.

But like you said, their site their rules, regardless of the nonsensical nature.

The General- V, Sauced Leprechauns- V, Monson33- PP and Wilderness Girls- PP are in and paid up.

Two things.

Thank you. I dont have a problem with this thread. Or didn't used to anyway. But last week I opened the thread to see what it was about. And no more than 15 minutes later I got a PM from the OP about joining. And then today again I opened the thread. And once again, no more than 15 minutes later, I get a PM from the OP. I dont need to be spammed by the OP.

Two things.

Thank you. I dont have a problem with this thread. Or didn't used to anyway. But last week I opened the thread to see what it was about. And no more than 15 minutes later I got a PM from the OP about joining. And then today again I opened the thread. And once again, no more than 15 minutes later, I get a PM from the OP. I dont need to be spammed by the OP.
My bad, didn't realize I originally sent ya a PM. Disregard.

Two things.

Even once is too many. I should be able to open threads on this forum without being PMed by the OP.

Two things.

Even once is too many. I should be able to open threads on this forum without being PMed by the OP.
Completely understand, I'm currently in the stocks in the courtyard, tomatoes being fired at me.

Two things.

Completely understand, I'm currently in the stocks in the courtyard, tomatoes being fired at me.
As you should be

And please don't bump this thread back to the top to announce every payment.

You can send them a PM when they pay.

Two things.

Your site, your rules.

Two things.

Your site, your rules.

This is 100% correct. Whether the league is run during the regular season or the playoffs, there's no difference. People are paying an entry fee to get in, trusting the folks running it to pay out at the end.

I wasn't gonna argue the point, but you brought up exactly how I felt. Which is ultimately why I just post about the league every year and will do so next season. They told me the same thing last year and I was like you guys are literally in business because of people playing this game and wanting your info.

But like you said, their site their rules, regardless of the nonsensical nature.
Any explanation for the nonsensical-ness of allowing anyone to post about other regular season league openings that have entries fees but nothing to do with this site and yet take issue with the same concept for a playoff league?

Is bumping a thread a violation here? How is me posting that someone paid, causing a problem here? If people don't want to see what's in the thread, they don't have to look, regardless of whether it's on top or bottom. Sending individual PMs is inconvenient, especially just to tell them what they already know. I'd much rather track who paid in one place. I can't help but feel that we're being a bit nit-picky here.

1- I can't post about having openings in a playoff league but folks can do it about regular season leagues? - Makes absolutely zero sense.

2- I can't bump my own thread to post who's paid, because... why? But we can have threads about music, jokes, pet peeves, illnesses, commercials, playing wordle, and have them bumped an unlimited amount of times, to list another song, joke, score, etc.

We gotta get this type of garbage figured out fellas, it's a bad look.

Back to listing who's paid, or I could include my Wordle score to make it okay.

River Rats in and paid- (V)

Last edited:
Reactions: jwb

Users who are viewing this thread