What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Playoffs Thread - New York Giants V New England (2 Viewers)

These announcers are stupid. The Giants are leading now. You never give up a chance to take a lead.
Which is more likely, that Tom Brady leads a game winning TD drive here or that you convert an extra point? XP percentages are at 97% for the league so unless you think Brady only has a 3% chance of leading a TD drive here then you're absolutely wrong.
100% of people would vote to have the lead in the Super Bowl with :60 seconds left and the other team having to go 80 yards versus having to kick an extra point to win the game.Botched snap, fluke sack with no timeouts, whatever else. You always take the lead.
Kneeling at the 1 is +EV.
this.

These announcers are stupid. The Giants are leading now. You never give up a chance to take a lead.
Which is more likely, that Tom Brady leads a game winning TD drive here or that you convert an extra point? XP percentages are at 97% for the league so unless you think Brady only has a 3% chance of leading a TD drive here then you're absolutely wrong.
100% of people would vote to have the lead in the Super Bowl with :60 seconds left and the other team having to go 80 yards versus having to kick an extra point to win the game.Botched snap, fluke sack with no timeouts, whatever else. You always take the lead.
Kneeling at the 1 is +EV.
:goodposting: I honestly can't believe someone is arguing the other side.

choker? seriously?? I guess we can't jsut say it ws a great game - we have to draw inane conclusions on a drive that lasted less than a minute.

100%? That seems pretty weird seeing as how you seem to be in the minority with that opinion here in this thread.

Giants played a great game. Not as close a game as the score would suggest. Brady sucked again. Time for him to retire. He's ready for the glue factory, etc.

It's pretty clear that Bill Parcels Bill Belichick owes his Super Bowl wins to Bill Belichick Romeo Crennel since Bill Bill has never won a SB without him as defensive coordinator.

Last edited by a moderator:
Been a rough week for the Mannings, this has got to be special. You know Peyton is in the house somewhere. Eli and Peyton now have 3 rings between the two of them, pretty cool for a couple of well hyped college quarterbacks that have exceeded most folks expectations.

I think Brady is 1 game over .500 in the playoffs since 2005 or so. Guy road the coattails of a Bill Parcells assembled team for a couple of years then couldn't get it done once it fell on his shoulders to win.

Good game giants, hate to see everything collapse in the fourth for the pats like that, but here's my question:

Witth 19 seconds on the clock, the pats spike it. It runs down to 17, which is understandable. But the next play is a 12 men on the field penalty. And afterwards, there are 9 seconds left on the clock.

If that's the rule, then why not put 53 men and all your cheerleaders on the field every play in the final two minutes and just concede five yards at a time?

Brady in the 4th quarter in the AFC Championship game and Super Bowl8/18 82yds 4.5ypa 0td 2int
Ooof.Bellichick isn't the type to keep a player around once he isn't worth the salary anymore. Could definitely see the Pats making a move to get their QB of the future this offseason. Brady has been cooked for a few years.

Good game giants, hate to see everything collapse in the fourth for the pats like that, but here's my question:Witth 19 seconds on the clock, the pats spike it. It runs down to 17, which is understandable. But the next play is a 12 men on the field penalty. And afterwards, there are 9 seconds left on the clock.If that's the rule, then why not put 53 men and all your cheerleaders on the field every play in the final two minutes and just concede five yards at a time?
I've actually been saying for years that teams should do this and brought it up again with my wife when it happened here.There are actually tons of little ways to abuse the rules like this.

Good game giants, hate to see everything collapse in the fourth for the pats like that, but here's my question:Witth 19 seconds on the clock, the pats spike it. It runs down to 17, which is understandable. But the next play is a 12 men on the field penalty. And afterwards, there are 9 seconds left on the clock.If that's the rule, then why not put 53 men and all your cheerleaders on the field every play in the final two minutes and just concede five yards at a time?
Is that why the Pats lost the game? Not trying to rub it in Fred but you sound like a disgruntled Pats fan.

I've actually been saying for years that teams should do this and brought it up again with my wife when it happened here.There are actually tons of little ways to abuse the rules like this.
ditto for me - I bet the rule gets changed (for the last two minutes)

No kidding. An offensive penalty late in the game and the clock runs down. Why can't they put time back on the clock if it's a defensive penalty?

Users who are viewing this thread