What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Please keep Chance in your thoughts and prayers (2 Viewers)

bigbottom

Footballguy
I've been debating whether or not to start a thread, but a couple good friends in the FFA suggested that it may be worthwhile.

Unfortunately, after beating back brain cancer twice in the last fifteen months, my son Chance's cancer has returned. And now, instead of one tumor in his brain, there are three, as well as two tumors in his spine. Additionally, there are a number of other spots where tumors appear to be developing. To go from completely clear scans in June to where we are now just three months later, the cancer is highly aggressive. And, unfortunately, one of the tumors is up against my son's brain stem, so he is starting to lose the ability to walk, and he is losing dexterity in his right hand.

Unfortunately, the doctors have told us that they've exhausted all available protocols. We were holding out hope that we might be able to get into some trial, but were advised yesterday that there are no spaces available in any trials for which he might be eligible. And given the nature of the tumor, any trial would be highly unlikely to cure him, even if he could get in one.

While we are still holding out hope that some treatment comes into focus, or that we are blessed with some form of miracle, our efforts have shifted to supporting Chance, loving him, and bringing him as much joy and comfort as we can.

I would very much appreciate it if you all could keep Chance in your thoughts and, if so inclined, your prayers. As for me, I am a broken, broken man. Please pray that I can find the peace and strength to be there for Chance, and for my family.

-bb

I have two boys of my own and my heart goes out to you. Will definitely keep Chance and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

#### that really, really sucks. I don't have the words other than "I'm so sorry." Chance and you are in my thoughts.

So sorry to hear this BB...thoughts and prayers. Don't be afraid to get professional help if you struggle too much, it can really help.

So sorry to hear the news bb. May you and your family find the strength and peace to make it through this horrible ordeal.

Man, that may be the saddest post I've ever read in the FFA. Any parent reading that is sure to choke up a little, and knowing what a quality person you seem to be, Bigbottom, it makes me choke up even more. I'll be sure to keep Chance and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

I've been debating whether or not to start a thread, but a couple good friends in the FFA suggested that it may be worthwhile.

Unfortunately, after beating back brain cancer twice in the last fifteen months, my son Chance's cancer has returned. And now, instead of one tumor in his brain, there are three, as well as two tumors in his spine. Additionally, there are a number of other spots where tumors appear to be developing. To go from completely clear scans in June to where we are now just three months later, the cancer is highly aggressive. And, unfortunately, one of the tumors is up against my son's brain stem, so he is starting to lose the ability to walk, and he is losing dexterity in his right hand.

Unfortunately, the doctors have told us that they've exhausted all available protocols. We were holding out hope that we might be able to get into some trial, but were advised yesterday that there are no spaces available in any trials for which he might be eligible. And given the nature of the tumor, any trial would be highly unlikely to cure him, even if he could get in one.

While we are still holding out hope that some treatment comes into focus, or that we are blessed with some form of miracle, our efforts have shifted to supporting Chance, loving him, and bringing him as much joy and comfort as we can.

I would very much appreciate it if you all could keep Chance in your thoughts and, if so inclined, your prayers. As for me, I am a broken, broken man. Please pray that I can find the peace and strength to be there for Chance, and for my family.

-bb
I am so very sorry to hear this BB. TPW for Chance, you and your family.

That's heartbreaking and I can't even begin to imagine what your family is going through. My wife and I will keep your entire family in our thoughts especially Chance. I am a science type but here's to a miracle.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are a good one BB. We are pulling for you big time my friend. Best of luck to the little guy and everyone else. :(

That must be so painful for you and your family. I cannot imagine. Indeed your family is in my thoughts.

I'm so sorry to hear this. I will definitely keep Chance in my thoughts & prayers..

Truly a parents worse nightmare. I can't even imagin being in your shoes. No words can express my condolenses. So sorry to hear this.

I am so very sorry for your son, you, and your family. I'm a father of a 12 year old and I have no idea how one could cope with this. The feeling of impotence and anger would be overwhelming to me.

Again, I'm sorry. I don't know what else to say.

So sorry to hear. Thoughts and Prayers to Chance and your family.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so sorry BB. There is a whole community here behind you.

Thoughts, prayers, and love to you and your family.

Thoughts and prayers, BB. Your approach in seeking strength and the ability to cope is the right one.

Very sorry to hear this BB. Best of luck to you and your family.

I cant imagine having to go through this with my son. I dont know what else to say.

Users who are viewing this thread