What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Please keep Chance in your thoughts and prayers (1 Viewer)

I missed this thread from the beginning, and reading the original post chilled me to the bone.

So very, very sorry - no parent should have to go through this.

Easy to say, but just be strong for the rest of your family.

G-d bless...

Just a quick suggestion for those of us considering making a donation. I'm sure Scott will have a charity in mind, so we might want to consider holding off until he can let us know.
BB - please do let us know where we can make a donation in Chance's name.

It's a good thing I drive all day in my truck for work, with little interaction with people. I'm a mess.

Really sorry to hear this. Let us know if there's anything we can do. Our thoughts are with you.

I am so sorry for your loss. It goes without saying that Chance's story has touched many people here.

T&P to you and your entire family.

So sorry to hear the news. I truly believe, as you stated, that Chance is now at peace. My prayers are with you all.

Tearing up in my cube. Was afraid to open up this thread this morning. So sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing your story, BB. You, Chance and your family have been an inspiration to me and many others here. May you and your family find peace in this difficult time.

I'm so very sorry BB. I know I've said it in the thread before, but thank you so for sharing this part of your life with us. Chance is a true champion. As others have said, please let us know if there is something you think is appropriate for us to do in his honor.

Chance's suffering has ceased, and I hope that can give you and your family some comfort at this time. The FFA is still here for you if you need anything through these trying times...stay strong.

Thank you everyone. We're still finalizing things, but for Chance's service, I believe we will be asking in lieu of flowers that donations be made in Chance Davidson's name to the Cancer Center at Texas Children's Hospital. I'm not asking anyone here to donate anything, but will let you know once things are finalized if folks are so inclined.

One of Chance's closest friends included this quote in a card he gave to Chance two weeks ago. I think it captures Chance's spirit perfectly. No matter what obstacles he faced, Chance never complained, never got angry. Instead, he continued to live his life with joy, as he has since the day he was born.

Be like the bird who, pausing in her flight awhile on boughs too slight, feels them give way beneath her, and yet sings, knowing she hath wings. ~Victor Hugo

Damn. I felt that some day I would have to read those words, but even still my heart just sank. So sorry.

I am terribly sorry for your loss. May God give you and your family the strength to deal with your loss. Thoughts and prayers.

I am so very sorry for your loss. I also wanted to thank you for sharing your story and Chance with us.

My thoughts and prayers are with your family.

So sorry for your loss and hope the community here was able to help in some small way. Thanks for sharing, and I hope you and your family can find some peace after this tragedy.

GB Chance.

Words fail Scott.

I have heard many people say "Stay Strong" but I wouldn't shoot for that right now. I think that now is a situation where it's OK to be lost, confused and heartbroken. My hope is that that you remember that you and your family are loved and admired. I pray that you and family can continue to live with the same grace, thoughtfulness and generosity of spirit that you have shown throughout this thread and all of your years here. Chance continues to inspire us and your love as a father and strength as a person humbles me. My family's thoughts are with you, your wife, Clay and the rest of your family.

pete

I pray that you and family can continue to live with the same grace, thoughtfulness and generosity of spirit that you have shown throughout this thread and all of your years here. Chance continues to inspire us and your love as a father and strength as a person humbles me.
Grace is the word that comes to mind for me as well. It was life affirming to read in one of your previous updates that your family had never been closer or loved each other more. I hope that you and everyone that Chance touched continue to be blessed in that way.

I know you didnt ask BB, but I want to donate in Chance's name. Please let us know when that is set up

And I want to thank you for sharing this with us. I hope you and your family find strength.

Tearing up in my cube. Was afraid to open up this thread this morning. So sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing your story, BB. You, Chance and your family have been an inspiration to me and many others here. May you and your family find peace in this difficult time.
This. So very sorry.

BB, I'm so incredibly sorry to hear about your loss. I'm glad that St. Louis Bob and rapidfireweasel were able to give Chance a respite before his unfortunate passing, and I hope that the FFA has also helped you have a release during this exceptionally difficult time. Continued thoughts and wishes for you and your family.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've started and deleted a dozen posts here. I just wish I could write some words that would help ease the pain you and you're family must be feeling today, but as I sit here with moist eyes and a huge lump in my throat I know that's not possible.

Just know that I will be thinking and pulling for your family as you push forward.

So very sorry for you and your family.

We had a family friend lose a child recently, and she told me this speech by Joe Biden helped her get through...

“Just remember two things,” he said. “Keep thinking what your husband or wife would want you to do. Keep thinking what it is, and keep remembering those kids of yours, or him or her the rest of [your] life, blood of my blood, bone of my bone, because, folks, it can and will get better,” he said.

“There will come a day, I promise you, and your parents, as well, when the thought of your son or daughter or your husband or wife brings a smile to your lips before it brings a tear to your eye,” he said. “It will happen. My prayer for you is that day will come sooner or later. But the only thing I have more experience than you in is this: I’m telling you it will come.”

So very sad and sorry. I wish I knew what to say in these situations. It sounds like Chance was blessed with a great family during his time here. Thank you for sharing his and your story of courage.

My most sincere condolences, BB, to you and your whole family.

I've never in my life believed in God, heaven, reincarnation, karma, or any sort of afterlife. I've also never in my life wished so desperately to be wrong about something as I do right now. I want to believe Chance is spinning out of a weak-### arm tackle right now and sprinting down the sideline for 6, or draining a sweet baseline J over Pete Maravich.

Just remember that the pain we all feel right now is ours, not his. I'm drawing some solace from this thought, here's hoping you can too, BB. Chance's attitude and strength should and will be an inspiration to everyone reading this thread, and that's a pretty great legacy.

I've started and deleted a dozen posts here. I just wish I could write some words that would help ease the pain you and you're family must be feeling today, but as I sit here with moist eyes and a huge lump in my throat I know that's not possible.

Just know that I will be thinking and pulling for your family as you push forward.
:goodposting;

So, so very sorry BB. As a father of two, I can't even fathom what you went/going through. Words just can't express my condolences.

I'm so sorry for your loss, Biggie. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family in the hopes that you can find some strength and peace after this ordeal. You've all been champs through this . . .

Users who are viewing this thread