What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Please Read - "Who's Hottest?" Type Threads - And An Apology (1 Viewer)

Are we really not allowed to talk about women? Girls? Nothing? 

I had the understanding that it was just the “rating” thing that was off limits ..

Am i wrong?

Can one of us start a thread - doesn’t have to be factual ... just make up a story about going on a date, but make sure there’s sex n naked stuff.

Completely made up thread if you want - let’s see if it gets axed.

if it does ... that’s when we know it’s time 

Are we really not allowed to talk about women? Girls? Nothing? 

I had the understanding that it was just the “rating” thing that was off limits ..

Am i wrong?

Can one of us start a thread - doesn’t have to be factual ... just make up a story about going on a date, but make sure there’s sex n naked stuff.

Completely made up thread if you want - let’s see if it gets axed.

if it does ... that’s when we know it’s time 
Battle stations

NotSmart said:
... no way

this place is better than that, right? I was really under the understanding that the whole “rating” of benches was what was the problem ...

if we can’t have conversations about our wives, girlfriends, 2 night stands?

... well that’s just garbage. 

Fancy football only lasts so long - guy talk is forever. Don’t take that away from us 

... no way

this place is better than that, right? I was really under the understanding that the whole “rating” of benches was what was the problem ...

if we can’t have conversations about our wives, girlfriends, 2 night stands?

... well that’s just garbage. 

Fancy football only lasts so long - guy talk is forever. Don’t take that away from us 
I was kinda going for comedic effect there.

I honestly don't think that much has changed, other than the Who's Hottest threads are right out.

And any other threads solely dedicated to discussing women's appearances are verboten.

Individual posts and discussions however I think will still be fine.

I think.

It was too much..like half the front page was who's hottest last week

They should have just timed out whoever was spamming though.

Back to normal next week I assume..a who's hottest here and there won't hurt

Ramblin Wreck said:
But nobody self-polices themselves.  They blame the other guy and act like they don't do anything just like children.  I didn't say 95% were off-topic just people being snarky and generally being an ###.  I think it applies to everyone in there except SID but obviously some more than others.  Anyway it is what it is at this point and still surprises me Joe is okay with that cesspool being okay here but discussion of women not being okay.
I agree that a lot of people need to do better over there.  I’ll even include myself although I try not to argue or troll/call people names.  I do wish more people self-policed but I believe there’s some that do - including just staying out of certain threads.  

Hopefully I'm not hippling this in the thread but in light of Joe's new policy, it's a good time to ask @Otis how the FBG purchase is coming along?   Will this increase the IP value?  Decrease it?  Once the purchase is completed will you be rolling back any recently instituted policies?

Hopefully I'm not hippling this in the thread but in light of Joe's new policy, it's a good time to ask @Otis how the FBG purchase is coming along?   Will this increase the IP value?  Decrease it?  Once the purchase is completed will you be rolling back any recently instituted policies?
I highly doubt in light of recent decisions that they would sell to a bon vivant like otis. It’s dirty $ to them

coyote5 said:
Negotiations are proceeding.   This probably should negatively impact valuation, but since Keith and I plan to roll back all these dystopian restrictions post-closing, I'm not sweating it too much.

Otis, at the rate Joe is going, this place is going to end up being classified as a religious institution, thus no taxes on any assets, right?  Has to increase its valuation.

How the #### did this thread get to be 23 pages?

We went months with no "who's hottest" threads, and now, all of a sudden, this is the hill some people are willing to die on?

We went months with no "who's hottest" threads, and now, all of a sudden, this is the hill some people are willing to die on?
I'm guessing if someone didn't feel the need to flood the forum with them, the hill might never have appeared.

Religiousliberalguys.com?
All of this - not just your post, but all of it - has gotten really exhausting to read the last week or so. Keep it in the "Joe Apologizes" thread (if you have to be "clever"), please, instead of making the rest of us see this dumb #### in every damned thread. This is almost worse than the sewer that the political forum threads are.

Again, I'm not singling this poster out. But every damned thread here has some idiot trying to be funny in regards to the recent changes.

It gets old.

Otis, at the rate Joe is going, this place is going to end up being classified as a religious institution, thus no taxes on any assets, right?  Has to increase its valuation.
Oats is going to pick it up for pennies on the dollar after it goes through bankruptcy.  

All of this - not just your post, but all of it - has gotten really exhausting to read the last week or so. Keep it in the "Joe Apologizes" thread (if you have to be "clever"), please, instead of making the rest of us see this dumb #### in every damned thread. This is almost worse than the sewer that the political forum threads are.

Again, I'm not singling this poster out. But every damned thread here has some idiot trying to be funny in regards to the recent changes.

It gets old.
No need to be so crabby. If comments about the recent changes bother you then maybe avoid this thread about the recent changes? 

I support Joe's decision, it’s his board. Acting like you are though over a joke, grab a beer fella it’s Friday. 

No need to be so crabby. If comments about the recent changes bother you then maybe avoid this thread about the recent changes

I support Joe's decision, it’s his board. Acting like you are though over a joke, grab a beer fella it’s Friday. 

It gets old.
Hope this helps!

It gets old.
If this isn't what you are looking for there are plenty of other boards out there that might suit you better.

Thanks

I am 20 year lurker/poster on this board. Never been very active but feel I should add my two cents even if my inactivity had me miss this thread until now and after Joe admitted he wasnt going to respond to anything.

My thoughts are Joe can of course do whatever he wants with his board but he should at least admit the hypocrisy of all this rather than acting obtuse. This sites own rules said post pictures of women and ran a babe bracket back in the day as an owner support item but I think the real thing I find problematic is allowing Dodds and his obvious alias to run around.  His posts are much worse then any of these threads getting axed but of course you know him in real life so it is ok. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I am 20 year lurker/poster on this board. Never been very active but feel I should add my two cents even if my inactivity had me miss this thread until now and after Joe admitted he was going to respond to anything.

My thoughts are Joe can of course do whatever he wants with his board but he should at least admit the hypocrisy of all this rather than acting obtuse. This sites own rules said post pictures of women and ran a babe bracket back in the day as owner supported items but I think the real thing I find problematic is allowing Dodds and his obvious alias run around.  His posts are much worse then any of these threads getting axed but of course you know him in real life so it is ok. 
Hi redwes,

Thanks for the feedback. We've changed what we allow on the site for the who's hottest. I was wrong and I now think something different. 

I asked David directly about posting on the boards and he said he is not. The board software allows Keith to see all the IP locations from every poster, including the bruiser poster that some people thought was David and by everything we can see, that isn't him. Anything is possible with ip redirection for a sophisticated user of course but I believe David. 

:lmao:   You believe David, but, checked the IPs anyway. 

:lmao:   VPNs are considered sophisticated. 

I might just stick around for the comedy. 

Hi redwes,

Thanks for the feedback. We've changed what we allow on the site for the who's hottest. I was wrong and I now think something different. 

I asked David directly about posting on the boards and he said he is not. The board software allows Keith to see all the IP locations from every poster, including the bruiser poster that some people thought was David and by everything we can see, that isn't him. Anything is possible with ip redirection for a sophisticated user of course but I believe David. 
Thank you for the response and further information. 

:lmao:   You believe David, but, checked the IPs anyway. 

:lmao:   VPNs are considered sophisticated. 

I might just stick around for the comedy. 
I don't think it's comedy but I also realize that's part of what might make it funny for you.

I checked the IPs to try and see if we could tell who the poster was since I believed it wasn't David. 

VPNs are simple for people that use them but I think lots of people don't know how they work or use them. 

:shrug:

We don't necessarily want to post Who's Hottest threads. We just want the right to post Who's Hottest threads should we feel it necessary.

Joe, you never addressed the Over 50 or Yoga Pants threads as far as I can see, which got a stealth axe.  Do you see those as objectifying to women?  Is there a difference between objectifying and simply recognizing that a woman is attractive?

Joe Bryant said:
Wrong. I asked David to not post controversial things and he said yes. 
What if he asked you not to post controversial things? I mean it's pretty safe to say that having a squarely Victorian view of women is pretty controversial. 

Users who are viewing this thread