What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Point To The Shirt, or, Discourses On Existential Freedom (1 Viewer)

rockaction

Footballguy
Nope. Not today, ****ers.

ps i am sure i have told you this before but long ago i misread your name probably when i was still drinking and thought it was snotaction not rockaction so that is how i will always know you take that to the bank brochacho

i loves ya snotaction but most of the time you are way smarter than me and i have no idea what you are talkin about take that to the bank bromigo

It's just a shirt, SWC. It's what I feel like saying today to any requests. Which is sort of the point of the shirt. It's a groove thing more than anything else. There is no deeper meaning than some stupid humor in it. "Look! It's Snoopy! And he's lazy! Yeeha! Cute and stupid lazy Snoopy!"

"Nope. Not today."

No more complicated than that.

eta* Well, the irony of the corniness level of the shirt (like the original fantasy football excuse shirt) adds to the corniness of the sentiment, but let's start with one step at a time. Take it literally. Then move to the irony.

Last edited:
well then hell yeah because i feel like that shirt a lot anyhow most days and now it is snowing to beat the band here in brewtown so definitely a nope not today thing here except that i am going to have to shovel snow when the whistle blows and i get home and that is a whole lot of nope not today uno reverse card right there maybe i will have some soup after that take that to the bank bromigo

See, there's a futility to the sentiment of the shirt. If everybody were to say "Nope. Not Today." the whole world would go kaput. It's an existential last gasp at true freedom, one which we can never really have, unless we're a dog.

That it winds up on so many vacationers is no accident. It's a totally futile declaration of independence from life's responsibility in the form of a cared-for, no responsibility-having, dog.

Nope. Not today.

See, there's a futility to the sentiment of the shirt. If everybody were to say "Nope. Not Today." the whole world would go kaput. It's an existential last gasp at true freedom, one which we can never really have, unless we're a dog.

That it winds up on so many vacationers is no accident. It's a totally futile declaration of independence from life's responsibility in the form of a cared-for, no responsibility-having, dog.

Nope. Not today.

I could poop a better existential last gasp at true freedom.

Nope. Not today.

I could poop a better existential last gasp at true freedom.
Never has there been a more perfect response to any message board post, ever.

Thank you.

Freedom...that's just some people talking
Your prison is walking through this world all alone

Is that thread still around? Was probably my favoritest ever.

Yeah, that thread is still around. Can't find it, though. Huh.

Found it!

Stay golden, Pony Boy. Only gold can stay.

Found it!

and there is Hosstetler's famous response I stole:

Hosstetler
I could poop a better shirt than that.

With Shining Path's "Like Lincoln Douglas only with morons" (paraphrased from memory), one of the top FFA comments of all time. I can't remember conversations I had with my family this morning, but still remember FFA comments from 2005. Extremely concerning ...

one of the top FFA comments of all time. I can't remember conversations I had with my family this morning, but still remember FFA comments from 2005.

Same here, even though I wasn't here for 2005. That's even more troubling when it comes to things said this morning. I wasn't even in on the in-joke back then. "I just ran to feel the sunshine on my face..." by saints-man is another all-time great I wasn't here for.

And I personally knew the response you were going for so I didn't take any offense, in case you're wondering. Fire away!

The whole thread this morning is really a play on that thread. It’s not supposed to be anything remotely serious. Heh. The ole SWC’er bromigo blew it up a bit, but all’s good in love (and poop) and shirts.

• Sad
Reactions: SWC

Found it!

and there is Hosstetler's famous response I stole:

Hosstetler
I could poop a better shirt than that.

With Shining Path's "Like Lincoln Douglas only with morons" (paraphrased from memory), one of the top FFA comments of all time. I can't remember conversations I had with my family this morning, but still remember FFA comments from 2005. Extremely concerning ...
I've experienced similar to the bolded. My wife now has a running joke. If the kids ask about something recent that I've forgotten, she says "ask him in 10 years".

Found it!

He's still selling them! And even using the FBG emoticon from the thread on his page!

Found it!

He's still selling them! And even using the FBG emoticon from the thread on his page!
Some serious Geocities energy on that web page.

Users who are viewing this thread