What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Poison Is A Top 50 Band - A Pole (1 Viewer)

Poison - Top 50

• Yes

Votes: 9 8.3%
  • No

Votes: 99 91.7%

• Total voters
They are one of the few bands that I have seen across 5 decades. I always enjoyed their shows. High energy and they always but forth some effort (even if they aren’t the deepest or best of bands). FYI, they opened for other bands.

Top 50 all time?
NO!

Top 50 Hair Band?
That would be more appropriate I think

-Huge shoutout to Brett Michaels, he's done a lot of amazing things over the years to help a lot of folks thru numerous charities he supports
I did not love all their songs back in the day, many flat out hated them but they did have several albums and they had some HUGE HITS
Every Rose Has it's Thorn sold millions and millions of records

Do you know how many really good bands would never sniff Top 50?
Seriously, think about it

Last edited:
Have a couple of really great albums but I didn't really follow them after that. Not in my top 50 but you do you and don't let others stomp on your love.

You didn't ask for it but in that genre, for me, the #1 band actually came a bit later than the originals and that's The Darkness. I freaking love that band.

Huge shoutout to Brett Michaels, he's done a lot of amazing things over the years to help a lot of folks thru numerous charities he supports
I’ve always found him to be one of the cooler, most genuine lead singers of the genre. The band was kind of meh, but not like they were trying to be Yes or King Crimson for their artistic capabilities.

Last edited:
if the question is from a list of only the band poison is poison a top 50 band then maybe you can make an argument take that to the bank brochachos

Huge shoutout to Brett Michaels, he's done a lot of amazing things over the years to help a lot of folks thru numerous charities he supports
I’ve always found him to be one of the cooler, most genuine lead singers of the genre. The band was kind of meh, but not like they were trying to be Yes or King Crimson for their artistic capabilities.
Bret Michaels played a free show in my white bread suburb a few years ago and could have mailed it in like most of the has-been acts that pour through each year. That guy got the whole crowd going within the first 15 minutes and played a great set of covers and Poison tunes with no lulls. I'm still not a Poison fan, but he is one of the better frontmen I've ever seen.

Happened to drive through Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania today - origin of Poison.

Surprisingly no sign saying “Home of Poison - Top 50 band”

Top 50 of fun bands to see live at best and I still listen to Poison occasionally. My taste in music is garbage though. They had a plan and stuck with it when there moved to LA. The best part of their shows in the 80s and 90s was the women. Goodness.
I can imagine.

Motley Crue was in a similar realm, and I remember the 13-year old me loving the video for Girls, Girls, Girls when that hit MTV. :cool::cool:

Users who are viewing this thread