What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Poll: Starting or benching Colston? (1 Viewer)

Are you starting or benching Colston?

• Starting

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Benching

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sebowski

Footballguy
Want to keep this simple. We all drafted this guy with high hopes. He seemed as safe a WR pick as there was. He's battled some injuries, but it is do or die time here.

Is he playing in your semifinal game?

I'm starting him over Santana.

Hard to imagine that most Colston owners who held on to the worthless poo mound actually made the playoffs.

I have him in both my leagues and he scares the hell out of me.

I need him as a #2 in one league and #1 in another. Yikes!

Yes, I made the playoffs in both leagues despite Colston.

Currently Starting as flex over H. Ward L. Moore, and Dustin Keller (Our rules give TE 2x as many yardage points as WR/RB). If weather turns nasty I will consider starting Keller over Colston.

Others I am starting M. Ryan, LT, Turner, Boldin, Witten

Lobary said:
Hard to imagine that most Colston owners who held on to the worthless poo mound actually made the playoffs.
1st round pick Addai, 2nd round pick Colston. I dont know how I made it

Starting TO and SSmith. Most likely will have Colston at my #3 over Wayne, getting a little restless waiting on Wayne lately.

Lobary said:
Meh. He's a WR. You can almost always find a one-week fill in WR on the wire. Those who draft well can lose one or two guys from the first 5-6 rounds and not feel it.

Leaning toward benching him in my PPR as a flex. Starting either Pierre Thomas or VJax.

Last edited by a moderator:
Planning on sitting him, going with TO vNYG, Bowe vSD, and Marshall @CAR.

Might put him in over Bowe, depending on weather in CHI and what the total looks was for Bowe/Colston last week.

Lobary said:
Meh. He's a WR. You can almost always find a one-week fill in WR on the wire. Those who draft well can lose one or two guys from the first 5-6 rounds and not feel it.
:goodposting:Sorry you missed the playoffs and want to blame it on a guy who got injured. You should learn the definition of depth.

Lobary said:
:football:Sorry you missed the playoffs and want to blame it on a guy who got injured. You should learn the definition of depth.
Seriously. Every year one or two of my first 3 picks are busts, but I still usually make the playoffs. The key is you backups and the moves you make after the draft. That's why they call this the Shark Pool and not the Draft Pool.

I'm very much on the fence. Starting Calvin and Bowe as #1 and #2. Have to choose between DeSean, Branch and Colston as #3.

Lobary said:
:rolleyes:Sorry you missed the playoffs and want to blame it on a guy who got injured. You should learn the definition of depth.
Seriously. Every year one or two of my first 3 picks are busts, but I still usually make the playoffs. The key is you backups and the moves you make after the draft. That's why they call this the Shark Pool and not the Draft Pool.
This guy knows things. I survived drafting Edwards/Colston in the 2nd and 3rd. If you draft well overall, you can deal with a bust or two. Colston will be in my lineup this week.

Lobary said:
:rolleyes:Sorry you missed the playoffs and want to blame it on a guy who got injured. You should learn the definition of depth.
This guy knows things. I survived drafting Edwards/Colston in the 2nd and 3rd. If you draft well overall, you can deal with a bust or two. Colston will be in my lineup this week.
Same boat here (Dynasty). We start 4 WRs. Colston and Edwards are my WR1 and 2. I'm the #2 seed in the playoffs.

Lobary said:
Same boat here (Dynasty). We start 4 WRs. Colston and Edwards are my WR1 and 2. I'm the #2 seed in the playoffs.
Me 3. After week 3 Colston was injured, Edwards looked like a bust so I traded for Calvin Johnson.

Last edited by a moderator:
i have him, moore, megatron and dominic rhodes for my last flex position...tough call but i am leaning away from colston.

I'll probably start Colston and Calvin Johnson over Walter, VJax, Hixon, and Coles. I'm a big fan of depth, but I hate knowing between these six, someone on my bench will probably have a huge game.

Any Colston/Moore owners out there starting both? Nathan Vasher is still out and the passing D is the Bear's weakness.

Starting Bowe and Moore right now. I have to decide between Colston and Ward. The homer in me wants to believe that Ward will have an annoyingly good day against the Ravens with a bounty on him. I also dont want to put 2 of my eggs in one basket tomorrow night.

Still undecided. I have to pick 3 of Colston, Calvin, Royal, and VJax. Or I could play all 4 and bench Sammy Morris. I'm leaning toward benching Colston.

Any Colston/Moore owners out there starting both? Nathan Vasher is still out and the passing D is the Bear's weakness.
I'm considering it. I know if I pick one, it will be the wrong one. I have options, but consider them all very close: Bess, Breaston, Moore, Colston, and Larry Johnson (need 3 of the 5). Brees is my QB.

Starting Breaston over Colston. I rate them about the same, but one of the rare times I play match-ups vs. an inferior opponent (I own Brees, he owns Warner). Figure only real way to lose is if Brees bombs and Warner blows up, so hedging my bets by sitting Colston and avoiding two turds.

Starting Coleston with Brees against the 28th ranked Bears Secondary

over

Calvin Johnson with ugh....someone against the 5th ranked Colts Secondary.

Swinging for the fences!

Users who are viewing this thread