What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Possible Footballguys Contest (1 Viewer)

This sounds great, I'm deffenetly in.Just one suggenstion: make the seeds in week 11 go by the total points in weeks 1-10, not just the week 10 scores. This way it will really be the strong teams in the high seeds, not just the teams who got lucky in week 10.
I second this idea

:rant: Can we at least know when the signups will begin and end?
When the official contest is announced, you'll be able to sign up immediately.The deadline for signing up will not be until the middle of August, a few days prior to the actual drafts. You'll have plenty of time to sign up.Zippy - you don't have to subscribe to play.
When did Unlucky become the FBG Information Minister?
I think Unlucky's pissed b/c that will limit the people that sign up for his leagues! So now, he won't be able to make the interest on the money that he holds until December. ;)

:thumbup: thanks..... would be interested in playing.Thanks to all for the great information on this site.GO RAMS

Sorry this post took so long to get back to. The interest has been huge in this contest/format, but we have run into some snags here regarding legal, website setup, software functionality , credit card taking, etc.None of these are show-stoppers by themselves, but we feel we were running out of time to do this correctly. Footballguys.com break-even point on this contest is about 50 leagues and although we think we would come close to selling that many (600 people), it would take a lot of effort we do not have to give at this at this time.So here is where we are at with things.1. We have brought in Michael Zangrilli (Unlucky from the boards) to be our lead for Leagues going forward. 2. We will be very active with leagues next year having many different varieties and having among the best returns in the industry.3. We will have the Mega-Survivor as stated in this thread starting next year and will be promoting early and often.4. We expect with an early push that we can fill close to 500 leagues which would create a $150,000 prize against a $50 entry fee. we also think we can guarantee a $50,000 top prize regardless of entries next year (Top prize = maximum of $50,000 or $300 per league).I know some people are going to be disappointed in this announcement and we are too. I just also know that if we do this I want it to go smoothly and I want it to be a big success. With the limited time we have between now and when we would draft, I did not feel we could put the resources needed against this project (without sacrificing our premium content) this season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Double D,No problem, would rather wait until next year and get it done right then rush and encounter problems. Thanks for the feedback and idea on the league setup. I am 100% IN next year so remember RKADE ;)

Thanks for exploring the idea DD. That was one of the biggest c@#kteases I've ever seen. What a disappointment! :angry: :( At least it looks good for next year. :thumbup:

Yes I am very bummed we are going to wait a year, but I think by waiting we will have things a lot more solid and will have a lot better advertising push. We will likely also have the draft closer to the start of the season to maximize entries. If all goes well, we certainly should be able to create a $100,000 first prize against a $50 entry fee. We feel so strongly that this will be a hit that we will likely guarantee the top prize to be at least $50,000We are making this contest a very high priority for next year.

When you first posted the concept I loved the idea, but also wondered about some of the problems with ties and how you would cut down the teams. You answered my comments, but I also thought you probably could of pulled it off this year you would still have marketing limitations for a great turnout.So I think you are doing the right thing by making sure you work out the bugs. And also If you get the word out early enough and advertise appropriately you'll have a very good turn out with that kind of prize money.I'll look forward to this next year.

Yes I am very bummed we are going to wait a year, but I think by waiting we will have things a lot more solid and will have a lot better advertising push. We will likely also have the draft closer to the start of the season to maximize entries. If all goes well, we certainly should be able to create a $100,000 first prize against a $50 entry fee. We feel so strongly that this will be a hit that we will likely guarantee the top prize to be at least $50,000We are making this contest a very high priority for next year.
One question DD...Since you're making me wait a year to collect my 100 grand, will you be awarding me an appropriate amount of interst on those funds in the interim?

A thought just occurred to me. Are you still planning to do the "free to all subscribers" contest or did this put the kibosh on that as well?

Sorry this post took so long to get back to. The interest has been huge in this contest/format, but we have run into some snags here regarding legal, website setup, software functionality , credit card taking, etc.None of these are show-stoppers by themselves, but we feel we were running out of time to do this correctly. Footballguys.com break-even point on this contest is about 50 leagues and although we think we would come close to selling that many (600 people), it would take a lot of effort we do not have to give at this at this time.So here is where we are at with things.1. We have brought in Michael Zangrilli (Unlucky from the boards) to be our lead for Leagues going forward. 2. We will be very active with leagues next year having many different varieties and having among the best returns in the industry.3. We will have the Mega-Survivor as stated in this thread starting next year and will be promoting early and often.4. We expect with an early push that we can fill close to 500 leagues which would create a $150,000 prize against a $50 entry fee. we also think we can guarantee a $50,000 top prize regardless of entries next year (Top prize = maximum of $50,000 or $300 per league).I know some people are going to be disappointed in this announcement and we are too. I just also know that if we do this I want it to go smoothly and I want it to be a big success. With the limited time we have between now and when we would draft, I did not feel we could put the resources needed against this project (without sacrificing our premium content) this season.
DD:If there are going to be 500 leagues with 12 teams a league and $50 a team, that will generate $300,000. I understand it costs something to run/maintain these leagues, but only paying out $150,000 or half of the money you take in seems quite steep to me. Thanks.KID

If there are going to be 500 leagues with 12 teams a league and $50 a team, that will generate $300,000. I understand it costs something to run/maintain these leagues, but only paying out $150,000 or half of the money you take in seems quite steep to me. Thanks.KID
Look at the first post in the thread. 150K is just the amount for first place. 2nd place would pay 25k, 3rd would pay 12.5K, etc.

i really appreciate the fact that you have determined you could not put out a quality product and therefor backed away for now.thank you.

Went back to original post and if I figured it correctly there would be a little over $200K paid out in cash with $300K taken in. IMHO still appears a little low in total cash payouts. I guess that is just me!

Users who are viewing this thread