What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Possible Footballguys Contest (1 Viewer)

I'm definately in. Little hesitant since i am totally new to the survivor format, and would need some more info on that part, but, I have already made plans for the prize money so...... :D

Count me in too. I'm still debating on whether or not to invite my fellow leaguemates as it would spoil the edge fbg has provided me with the last few years. If I do, count in 3 or 4 more.

Sounds great. I really like the idea of just drafting and sitting back. With the other leagues I'm this format will work perfectly.I like the 2 points per reception for TE.

We could not let people choose their exact league as it could then be possible for collusion. You would pick a draft time though (one of 16 choices over 2 days) so one could increase their chance of being in the same league as someone else. But the players in a time slot would be mixed up into random leagues.
David,There wouldn't be a chance for collusion if you didn't allow for trading of picks, free agent pickups or trading of players. Unless I am missing something of course.

David,There wouldn't be a chance for collusion if you didn't allow for trading of picks, free agent pickups or trading of players. Unless I am missing something of course.
They're not allowing those. Collusion meaning getting 12 buddies in the same league and everyone draft smucks but one guy who amasses a team of McNabb, Vick, Manning, LT, Williams, Portis, Faulk, Moss, Owens, Harrison, Moulds, Gonzo, Shockey...you get the point.

Bump?Nevermind, found my answer: "Wait 'til Tuesday."

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the more inclusive payout structure. Or if that's too "Democratic" then maybe have more guys at least win their money back. Just my opinion, which is worth it's weight in gold :confused: Did I mention I'm in? Twice.

Will there be a limit of one entry per person? Also, do I understand corectly that we won't choose starters? They will be determined AFTER the games based upon the best point totals?

Will there be a limit of one entry per person? Also, do I understand corectly that we won't choose starters? They will be determined AFTER the games based upon the best point totals?
:yes:

You can enter multiple teams.You are correct that starters are determined after the week based on highest points scored.

This sounds great, I'm deffenetly in.Just one suggenstion: make the seeds in week 11 go by the total points in weeks 1-10, not just the week 10 scores. This way it will really be the strong teams in the high seeds, not just the teams who got lucky in week 10.

I'd be happy to signup and draft a Wr in the first round :no:One question: How many entries can 1 person have?

:rant: Can we at least know when the signups will begin and end?
When the official contest is announced, you'll be able to sign up immediately.The deadline for signing up will not be until the middle of August, a few days prior to the actual drafts. You'll have plenty of time to sign up.Zippy - you don't have to subscribe to play.

:rant: Can we at least know when the signups will begin and end?
When the official contest is announced, you'll be able to sign up immediately.The deadline for signing up will not be until the middle of August, a few days prior to the actual drafts. You'll have plenty of time to sign up.Zippy - you don't have to subscribe to play.
When did Unlucky become the FBG Information Minister?

A quick question: Will the info be on the front page, or will we need to go to the forums to find a link?Just curious.

A quick question: Will the info be on the front page, or will we need to go to the forums to find a link?Just curious.
It'll be hidden in the Best Hooters thread over in FFAville. Please post a link while you're visiting. Thanks.

It appears so. Unlucky has posted a few times indicating that they are finalizing the rules and we can expect some news on it soon.

Users who are viewing this thread