What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Possible Footballguys Contest (2 Viewers)

So if I can't make those two days, but really want to be involved, can I pay and skip the draft and just take my picks in the Top 250? Or is this a case where asking forgiveness is better than asking permission?
You can do this or you could submit your own giant list for all rounds and it would draft to it. MFL allows you to enter pre-selected picks. You will know about your league about a week before the draft.Personally I would create a list and get someone to draft for you. Give them $5K if you win and many on these boards would likely help you out. Well those not tring to win themselves.

Double D--I like the changes you made to this since you posted the previous thread (about 1 1/2 months ago).This is well thought out--the 64 team brackets should eliminate identical rosters.Count me in as well!

"1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 PK and 1 ST would start each week."Excuse me but what position is 'ST'?

David, I'm in. But you need to let us 'goons' know if we're allowed to participate since we're all officially employed by FBG.

ST positionJust my two cents but how about not including ST since IMO this is a total crap shoot position. Except for Tampa (and can they are due to have a down year) you can't really dictate which Defense will produce. I would hate for someone to lose just because they draft a Phily or TB or Balt but gets beat because KC returns three TD's in one week.As a compromise, how about 1 IDP?

ST positionJust my two cents but how about not including ST since IMO this is a total crap shoot position. Except for Tampa (and can they are due to have a down year) you can't really dictate which Defense will produce. I would hate for someone to lose just because they draft a Phily or TB or Balt but gets beat because KC returns three TD's in one week.As a compromise, how about 1 IDP?
We will definitely have a defense. We need to figure how we would like to score it still. Too many people do not play IDPs to make that an option. We have eliminated IDPs, flex, strange scoring situations, etc as we just want to eliminate all the unnecessary extra problems where people think we scored stuff wrong. we feel our rules promote skillful drafting and resemble fairly common rules to play by (the 2 point per TE reception is a weird rule, but one we are embracing at Footballguys.com as a way to put the TE position more into play at drafts)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be interested.Can you choose either the 16th or 17th as the day you draft? I could do the 16th but not the 17th.

Couple more questions:1) How do you handle cases where there is not an even multiple of 12 in a drafting timeslot. E.g., draft time slot #1 has 68 people signed up for it. that gives you enough for 5 full leagues but 8 extras. -Does the 6th league go with 8 humans and 4 auto-picks?-Do you go with 2 leagues of 12 and 4 leagues of 11 with 1 auto pick? (what if an auto-pick team wins????)-Do you just have the 4 leagues go ahead with 11 and nobody is booted off one round (or only 5 advance to champions). Nevermind, this is unfair Unfair because players are not spread as thin as 12man leagues.-Do you go with 5 drafts and the other 8 are shuffled off to another timeslot to create full leagues there (what happens in the last time slot when every other one has even 12 member leagues.) 2) If there are less than 1024 entries, does everyone just get a pass in week 7?

Still in, just curious to see how the Defense/Special Teams will be accounted for since I can see where someone drafts a very suspect Defense bc they want to concentrate on RB/TE/WR/QB first then "lucks out" because they are stuck drafting say a gamble lower tier defense and they score x td's in a given week. Hard to do that with other positions, don't you think?

You can do this or you could submit your own giant list for all rounds and it would draft to it. MFL allows you to enter pre-selected picks. You will know about your league about a week before the draft.Personally I would create a list and get someone to draft for you. Give them $5K if you win and many on these boards would likely help you out. Well those not tring to win themselves.
Thanks DD. I'm in then! :excited:

We think this works best as a Survivor league too because you can study intensely, draft and then just enjoy the ride. and yes I would imagine the message board will be having a lot of fun when the pairings come out and Zippy and Chemical Smoo are battling it out in the East Regional. The pairings will be based on Week 10 too so there will be number 1 seeds and everything. I really do think the drama of the final 64 in a contest like this would be very fun to see unfold.
I want nothing to do with that loser Zippy. :excited: Put him in the West! :D

I am comfortable with:1. Shickwell holding the money2. If he doesn't want to, then TenTimes.3. If they don't want to, then me.4. If we are putting a guy with 12 alias' in charge of the money who was also one of the last ones into the league... then I'm out. Let Jot sit in my place.
:rotflmao:

1) How do you handle cases where there is not an even multiple of 12 in a drafting timeslot. E.g., draft time slot #1 has 68 people signed up for it. that gives you enough for 5 full leagues but 8 extras. -Does the 6th league go with 8 humans and 4 auto-picks?-Do you go with 2 leagues of 12 and 4 leagues of 11 with 1 auto pick? (what if an auto-pick team wins????)-Do you just have the 4 leagues go ahead with 11 and nobody is booted off one round (or only 5 advance to champions). Nevermind, this is unfair Unfair because players are not spread as thin as 12man leagues.-Do you go with 5 drafts and the other 8 are shuffled off to another timeslot to create full leagues there (what happens in the last time slot when every other one has even 12 member leagues.)
The last people to sign up for that time slot will be given their money back if we don't fill up the league completely. All leagues will be full (no auto drafts). We will establish a cutoff date for signups and attempt to point people to the last available spots to make it all work. But the main point is that there will not be autodrafts and also to enter early so you secure a spot. I don't expect this to be much of a problem.2) If there are less than 1024 entries, does everyone just get a pass in week 7?Yes. It is hard to make one rules fit all, but we thought by making this cut off large enough, it could work for any league size. Same goes if there are less than 512 entries. We will not adjust the rules because less people than anticipated played because some people will likely have complex drafting strategies involving bye weeks, etc.

Can you choose either the 16th or 17th as the day you draft? I could do the 16th but not the 17th.
We will have 16 different drafting times over those two days. When you sign up, you choose one of those times that best fits your own schedule.

We will definitely have a defense. We need to figure how we would like to score it still. Too many people do not play IDPs to make that an option. We have eliminated IDPs, flex, strange scoring situations, etc as we just want to eliminate all the unnecessary extra problems where people think we scored stuff wrong. we feel our rules promote skillful drafting and resemble fairly common rules to play by (the 2 point per TE reception is a weird rule, but one we are embracing at Footballguys.com as a way to put the TE position more into play at drafts)
WTF happened here???????How did this get posted by me??? :thumbup: :eek: :shock: :confused: :eek: :shock: :confused: :eek: :shock: :confused: :eek: :shock:

The last people to sign up for that time slot will be given their money back if we don't fill up the league completely. All leagues will be full (no auto drafts). We will establish a cutoff date for signups and attempt to point people to the last available spots to make it all work. But the main point is that there will not be autodrafts and also to enter early so you secure a spot. I don't expect this to be much of a problem.
You know, worst case you could try to take the people like me who are "auto-picking" and thus don't care which time slot we're in and move us around to fill in missing spots. As long as we still got a spot.

I'm in as well....sounds like fun.When do we find out if this thing will fly?
We will make an announcement on Monday if this is a go. Joe and I need to look over everything one last time.

Sounds great, but why go to brackets at all?Also, have you through through what happens on a tie? You say both teams advance, but how will that affect any three-team bracket in the next round? It's not fair to the third team to have to beat both tying teams. Better to have tiebreakers set from the very beginning, and take fractions all the way down to 1/20th of a point...

David, I'm in. But you need to let us 'goons' know if we're allowed to participate since we're all officially employed by FBG.
I agree. If the Blogger "goons" are allowed in, I would be in as well.

For $50 I'm in.I normally play CDMs USA Fantasy Football Challenge. Last year they had 6,250 teams and a team normally spends approximately $300 for a chance to win $22,600. At one time a few years ago they had over 11,000 teams participating.What I'm getting at is you could easily exceed 200 leagues with the proper marketing, maybe a little late this year, but if you get more than 200 leagues does the prize money keep increasing with each additional league?If so? next year with more notice and a year under your belt you could exceed WCOFF money.

Sounds great, but why go to brackets at all?Also, have you through through what happens on a tie? You say both teams advance, but how will that affect any three-team bracket in the next round? It's not fair to the third team to have to beat both tying teams. Better to have tiebreakers set from the very beginning, and take fractions all the way down to 1/20th of a point...
Only in survivor format teams that tie will advance. For example instead of 512 teams advancing, 514 might advance. The next cut will still be 256 though regardless of how many make it the round before.There will be no ties once this contest becomes a bracket. Therefore a team would never have to beat two teams on a given week.Tiebreakers will be:1. Highest non-starting player on your roster (regardless of position)2. 2nd highest non-starting player on your roster (regardless of position), etc all the way to 13th3. Coin flipThis will be a 64 team seed at the end because head-to-head is generally considered more fun. It gives everyone an opponent instead of just a score needed. We expect the final 64 to be very exciting indeed and have a lot of community interest.

For $50 I'm in.I normally play CDMs USA Fantasy Football Challenge. Last year they had 6,250 teams and a team normally spends approximately $300 for a chance to win $22,600. At one time a few years ago they had over 11,000 teams participating.What I'm getting at is you could easily exceed 200 leagues with the proper marketing, maybe a little late this year, but if you get more than 200 leagues does the prize money keep increasing with each additional league?If so? next year with more notice and a year under your belt you could exceed WCOFF money.
Yes see the very first post on this thread. First prize is $300 x # of leagues so there is no cap to the ceiling at all. Most all of the prizes are like this except for some FBG merchandise like hats/shirts.

I would be interested but I have a golf tournement on the 16th. Is there any way that the draft could be either the 16 or 17th?The 17th would be fine for me.

I tried to reply once before, but Mr. Dodds hijacked my post. Probably because he doesn't like fat guys.I did originally say......::::::slamsmoneyonthetable::::::I'M IN!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread