What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Post-draft impact on IDP rookies (2 Viewers)

Reuben Foster
Man that must be one shredded shoulder.  I went from having him #7 overall to being very, very scared of him.  I love this fit though so if he can stay on the field he'll be a stud.  Lots of ways for him to miss time though - behavior (thrown out of combine), substance (diluted drug test at combine), shoulder/neck concerns.  This one's going to define a lot of fantasy teams' success or failures.
https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout/status/894319426715176960

San Francisco 49ers‏Verified account @49ers

Follow

More

There goes that man again. @ferrarifoster with his 2nd INT in three days. #49ersCamp

Reuben Foster INT

The rookie LB had his 2nd interception of #49ersCamp Sunday afternoon.

========================================================

Matt Miller‏Verified account @nfldraftscout  3h3 hours ago

More

Matt Miller Retweeted San Francisco 49ers

Heard from teammates who think this kid is a monster. He's gonna be a good one.

I ended up with him in 3/5 leagues.  I did get scared off a little bit, and took him later than I originally planned, but that didn't cost me him in any leagues, it just let me get someone else and grab Foster after, so I'm pretty stoked.  Now just to pray the shoulder holds up.

I ended up with him in 3/5 leagues.  I did get scared off a little bit, and took him later than I originally planned, but that didn't cost me him in any leagues, it just let me get someone else and grab Foster after, so I'm pretty stoked.  Now just to pray the shoulder holds up.
Doesn't appear too serious but ...

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/kilgores-strong-play-prompts-49ers-release-zuttah

--Linebacker Reuben Foster was back working with the first-team defense. But he aggravated a left ankle condition and sat out the remainder of practice.

Jabrill Peppers  
Man as a raging Buckeye homer I want to hate this guy, and I think he's probably really overrated based on a lot of the analysis out there, but I'm open to the idea that I may be viewing this with scarlet-colored lenses.  Because if I'm wrong there could be a YUUUUGE payoff.  Return skills, potential offensive usage, maybe 4 down skill-set - someone talk me into drafting this nasty weasel.
Jabrill promoted to starter in most recent practice and showed up.

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/244463/hue-jackson-jabrill-peppers-is-growing-and-getting-better-every-day

Hue Jackson: Jabrill Peppers is 'growing and getting better every day'

BEREA, Ohio -- Monday may be the day folks look back and say was when it all began for Jabrill Peppers.

One of their first-round draft choices, Peppers spent the entire day in the starting secondary for the Cleveland Browns.

It was impossible not to notice him.

Peppers had a massive hit on Rannell Hall at the end of a reception -- Hall did hang on to the ball -- and then broke up two passes and intercepted another during an end-of-game drill.

“He’s growing and getting better every day,” coach Hue Jackson said. “There’s been questions about if he can play in the post. I think he’s showing you he can play anywhere. I think he’s a very dynamic player and I’m glad he’s here.”

Peppers did not start the preseason opener. Ibraheim Campbell did, but on the second play left with a concussion. Gregg Williams replaced Campbell with Justin Currie; Peppers played with the backups.

With Campbell still in the concussion protocol, Peppers has gotten more chances the last two days of practice.

“He gets the ball in his hands, he’s probably going to score,” Jackson said. “Because he has that kind of skill.”...
Go to link for full read.

Jabrill promoted to starter in most recent practice and showed up.

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/244463/hue-jackson-jabrill-peppers-is-growing-and-getting-better-every-day

Go to link for full read.
It's looking like he's the real deal.  I did snag Peppers in one league where we get return yards but didn't really have an appropriate opportunity in the others.  I think having Williams will be the best thing for him, he's really good at using individual guys to their strengths.

This thread will be fun to keep coming back to all year long I think.

Hankmoody said:
It's looking like he's the real deal.  I did snag Peppers in one league where we get return yards but didn't really have an appropriate opportunity in the others.  I think having Williams will be the best thing for him, he's really good at using individual guys to their strengths.

huge bump for him in return leagues 

I think he is going to need his own thread soon.

He was just named the starter.

http://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/49ers-Shanahan-makes-it-official-Reuben-11821901.php

Linebacker Reuben Foster a starter, 49ers head coach Kyle Shanahan says

By Eric Branch

Updated 10:09 pm, Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Niners head coach Kyle Shanahan acknowledged Tuesday what had appeared obvious: Rookie Reuben Foster, who started the preseason opener and has lined up with the first team in practices this week, is a starting inside linebacker.

Foster, the No. 31 overall pick in the draft, was widely expected to move into the starting role after Malcolm Smith’s season-ending pectoral injury Aug. 5. Since Smith was placed on injured reserve, Foster has taken first-team snaps, except for one practice in which Ray-Ray Armstrong replaced him.

Foster has been “getting most of the reps, which I believe he needs,” Shanahan said. “But ... he could get beat out at any time. We’ve got some good players behind him, too. If they started performing at a higher level than him, then that wouldn’t be the case.”

It seems highly unlikely that Foster will be unseated. He was viewed as a top-10 draft selection, but concerns over a surgically repaired shoulder helped push him to the bottom of the first round. His shoulder hasn’t been an issue during a training camp in which he has had four interceptions.

Hankmoody said:

13boobam said:
huge bump for him in return leagues 
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/08/myles_garrett_has_jumped_out_f.html

Gregg Williams' high picks; Jabrill Peppers might play some middle 'backer

...Still, Williams has seen enough in Peppers to use him just about everywhere.

"He's done very well,'' said Williams. "He's adapted very well. He's played really ... every position but one that I might end up doing with him later on down the line. You might see him at middle linebacker, too, at times. He's played free, strong, linebacker both strong and weak, punt returner, kick returner and quarterback.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000831725/article/injuries-seahawks-george-fant-tears-acl-out-for-year

Bengals starting safety Shawn Williams was carted off the field after suffering a right elbow injury in the first half against the Kansas City Chiefs. He did not return to the game.

Who would replace him if the injury is a major injury?

Sorry that Shawn Williams isn't a rookie, but all the back ups I have researched, all have very little experience, any idea who would replace Williams?

Users who are viewing this thread