What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Post Week 1: Buy Low/Sell High (1 Viewer)

He's a bench stash at this point. If he's dropped there's a good chance I could snag him again from waivers. Hill has some x-factor upside that can win when he hits.

The problem is you will never know when that will happen. My guess is he goes in a lot of lineups for week 2 and ends up with 3 rushes for 8 yds and 1 catch for 15. He just isn't a guy you would ever have confidence in putting him in your lineup. Better off as someone else's headache

He's a bench stash at this point. If he's dropped there's a good chance I could snag him again from waivers. Hill has some x-factor upside that can win when he hits.
Your team so absolutely so what you think is best.

I think, overwhelmingly people you ask would tell you it's too early to cut bait on Rhamondre. You probably drafted him as your RB3 maybe RB4, he provides bench depth and, if you're really down on him I would bet you have league mates who are not. Package him in a deal for an upgrade.

But I wouldn't cut him for a flavor of the week TE.
Appreciate it. I cut bait on Pittman last year too soon. You'd think I'd learn by now. Glad I floated this crazy idea to you guys for some perspective.
That's what we're here for

The problem is you will never know when that will happen. My guess is he goes in a lot of lineups for week 2 and ends up with 3 rushes for 8 yds and 1 catch for 15. He just isn't a guy you would ever have confidence in putting him in your lineup. Better off as someone else's headache
Seriously. He would need to score a TD on close to 70% of his touches to be a viable week to week option - maybe a bye week dice roll guy.

Sell CEH. His two TD’s were on blown coverage. Mckinnon is the two minute and long distance back. Pacheco is the closer. CEH played well but I would take advantage of his great stats week one.

He's a classic much better Best Ball player. I have him on a few such teams and glad to have him. I also have him on few teams I have to put in a lineup and despite his good game he won't enter a lineup and is in fact week to week to remain on my roster. In fact I honestly wish I had not drafted him so he'd be in the waiver pool and someone could spend a bunch of money to pick him up. But again I really like him on my BB teams.

Pacheco is the closer.
I would not assume that. They had the game well in hand and have a turn around division game on Thursday night so made all the sense in the world to pull CEH and give Pachecho some playing time.
I hope you’re right. I’ve heard they want someone other than CEH to be the closer. That’s why they brought in Ronald Jones. Pacheco is gonna have a big roll.

CMC a buy low? Probably many owners wishing they would rather have not picked 1st or 2nd and landed like a Chase or Jefferson 4-7?

CMC a buy low? Probably many owners wishing they would rather have not picked 1st or 2nd and landed like a Chase or Jefferson 4-7?
I don't imagine many CMC owners will be offering a discount on their high first round pick in week 2. They'll ask for Chase or Jefferson in return.

I don't imagine many CMC owners will be offering a discount on their high first round pick in week 2. They'll ask for Chase or Jefferson in return.

Was actually offered Etienne and Chase for CMC but even with my injured roster probably stay put. Chase and CMC both 313/316 points PPR ROS respectively.

Was actually offered Etienne and Chase for CMC but even with my injured roster probably stay put. Chase and CMC both 313/316 points PPR ROS respectively.
More power to you. I would have broken my keyboard hitting the accept key so vigorously.

wow and you turned that down?

I would have accepted Etienne and Chase for CMC pretty quickly

I'd only be left with Dobbins/Etienne/Hall to start 1 at RB each week. WR would be 4 of Chase, Lamb, K. Allen, Godwin, Hopkins (suspended) Still worth it? I'm pretty banged up all around.

I'd only be left with Dobbins/Etienne/Hall to start 1 at RB each week. WR would be 4 of Chase, Lamb, K. Allen, Godwin, Hopkins (suspended) Still worth it? I'm pretty banged up all around.
You only start 1 RB and 4 WR? You're pretty banged up at WR too and Chase would be a massive upgrade there.

Show your starting line up with or without that trade.

You're banged up at WR ATM with Keenan questionable to play and Godwin & Hopkins both out this week. Throw in Cooper Rush at QB for Dallas and I would argue that you're hurting more at WR than RB. Hall got very good usage and Etienne flashed enough in his limited action that we all believe his RB share will increase going forward. Dobbins may be a slow return but I don't think there is a ton of competition for touches when he gets back.

It's a difficult decision for sure but I'd still be very tempted.

You only start 1 RB and 4 WR? You're pretty banged up at WR too and Chase would be a massive upgrade there.

Show your starting line up with or without that trade.
I don't want to hijack this thread but I'm guessing some Mccaffrey owners may be hit with the injury bug based on preseason ADPs. I do appreciate the help.

We start QB RB,WR,TE,FLEX,FLEX,FLEX with only 5 bench in a 12 team league

If I accept the trade. I'd be looking at - Etienne, Chase, Lamb, Keenan Allen in a week, and then Hall. Dobbins/Godwin/Hopkins/Hines/ and waivers as bench pieces.
If I don't accept the trade I'd be looking at CMC, Lamb, Keenan Allen in a week, Hall, Waivers, - With Dobbins/Godwin/Hopkins/Waivers on bench. His original offer was Godwin/CMC for Hines/Chase/Etienne. I think I should be able to sub out Godwin for Watkins (who I plan on dropping and he likely does it)

If I accept the trade. I'd be looking at - Etienne, Chase, Lamb, Keenan Allen in a week, and then Hall. Dobbins/Godwin/Hopkins/Hines/ and waivers as bench pieces.
If I don't accept the trade I'd be looking at CMC, Lamb, Keenan Allen in a week, Hall, Waivers, - With Dobbins/Godwin/Hopkins/Waivers on bench.
Ya I'm taking that trade. Especially in dynasty.

Dynasty. Thinking of making a low ball (4th round rookie pick?) offer on Kadarius Toney.

Am i coming up short in the offer?

Pacheco is the closer.
I would not assume that. They had the game well in hand and have a turn around division game on Thursday night so made all the sense in the world to pull CEH and give Pachecho some playing time.
I hope you’re right. I’ve heard they want someone other than CEH to be the closer. That’s why they brought in Ronald Jones. Pacheco is gonna have a big roll.
I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. Pacheco may not necessarily be “the closer”, and they probably were limiting wear on CEH but I think the Chiefs can be in that position where they’re up and use Pacheco like in Week 1 (no matter if your on the “closer” or “rest CEH” side, as the results are the same) in a lot of games this season.

Pacheco is the closer.
I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. Pacheco may not necessarily be “the closer”, and they probably were limiting wear on CEH but I think the Chiefs can be in that position where they’re up and use Pacheco like in Week 1 (no matter if your on the “closer” or “rest CEH” side, as the results are the same) in a lot of games this season.
I agree. I'm feeling pretty strongly that Pacheco is going to earn more and more touches. He had a strong showing in his first outing which I believe will lead to more touches going forward. I wish I owned him because he is going to be a thing. In the context of this thread I think this is the perfect time to trade CEH if you are deep at RB and need a Receiver. I think he looked very good but this is going to be a committee.

One anecdote... I offered (in a redraft) D. Pierce yesterday to the Cordarrelle owner as a sell low / buy high from my side and reverse from his. The offer was rejected. Whether we like to admit it or not, whether valid or not, valuations change FAST in fantasy once real games are in play.

Sell CEH. His two TD’s were on blown coverage. Mckinnon is the two minute and long distance back. Pacheco is the closer. CEH played well but I would take advantage of his great stats week one.
One of those TD’s was a forward shuttle pass, not a blown coverage. Not even close. I get wanting to sell high, I would never fault anyone for that. But let’s be honest about the game that was played.

One of those TD’s was a forward shuttle pass, not a blown coverage. Not even close. I get wanting to sell high, I would never fault anyone for that. But let’s be honest about the game that was played.
And that’s always been a big part of the Chiefs offense. I guess if you wanted to be critical you could say the TD really wasn’t a result of anything CEH did, any player could have done that, but he could see a few more of those “easy” TDs.

And that’s always been a big part of the Chiefs offense. I guess if you wanted to be critical you could say the TD really wasn’t a result of anything CEH did, any player could have done that, but he could see a few more of those “easy” TDs.
I’m not being critical of CEH. He had a great game. I’m simply taking this opportunity to see what I can get.

I think a lot of people expected A.Robinson to have a rebound game. And I doubt many owners were selling for pennies on the dollar after week one.

And his line was only 4-53-1 on 5 targets, it's not like he put up a monster.

Users who are viewing this thread