What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Post Your 2020 Rookie Drafts (2 Viewers)

You could still get to the draft. You went chalk, huh? Be interesting to see how the draft and subsequent performance pays off for you. 
Yeah, I really wanted to take Lamb but I'm hoping I can trade for him plus more. I'd be surprised if the Dallas guy doesn't take him though and that guy is a PITA to trade with. So is Detroit guy. If I can't, being "stuck" with Swift/CEH isn't terrible.

Yeah, I really wanted to take Lamb but I'm hoping I can trade for him plus more. I'd be surprised if the Dallas guy doesn't take him though and that guy is a PITA to trade with. So is Detroit guy. If I can't, being "stuck" with Swift/CEH isn't terrible.
Yup. Nice to get a thought process, too. Sometimes you get guys in a league that won't deal or only send bad offers. Sometimes needs don't align. Always more interesting to hear why you did what you did in addition to other league concerns. I gathered you were high on CeeDee from the other day. Best of luck. 

PPR IDP Zealots league

https://www64.myfantasyleague.com/2020/options?L=32192&O=17

I'm Denver...because I know you care. Five of the first 13 picks are mine. Let's go!
Finally a draft where the top 5 RBs didn't go in the top 6. Thanks for posting.  Gives me hope. 

I think maybe the NFL draft showed that there's not as big a difference between Lamb and Jeudy as the 2nd tier of WRs.  If you are drafting top 5 the depth at WR means you can still come back in round 2 and get a good WR. Not so if you go WR/RB. Good for the 6-8 spots if you need WR,  but not so good if you need a RB. That's fine though... Lamb or Jeudy is a nice consolation prize.  

Finally a draft where the top 5 RBs didn't go in the top 6. Thanks for posting.  Gives me hope. 

I think maybe the NFL draft showed that there's not as big a difference between Lamb and Jeudy as the 2nd tier of WRs.  If you are drafting top 5 the depth at WR means you can still come back in round 2 and get a good WR. Not so if you go WR/RB. Good for the 6-8 spots if you need WR,  but not so good if you need a RB. That's fine though... Lamb or Jeudy is a nice consolation prize.  
I'm OTC right now at 8. The picks taken are not a surprise, the order in which they went is a small surprise.

Took Jefferson

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm OTC right now at 8. The picks taken are not a surprise, the order in which they went is a small surprise.
What surprised you?  For me I would just switch Dobbins and Swift and your draft is almost exactly how I would rank them. 

I have CEH,  Taylor and Dobbins in 1st tier then Lamb,  Swift,  Akers and Jeudy 2nd tier. 

I got Cole Kmet at 4.09. This TE class isn’t that bad, is it?
I think it's a combination of there being so many good RB/WR prospects and Kmet ending up on the Bears. I haven't seen any rookie drafts outside of the 1st rd yet but it wouldn't surprise me to see him go mid to late 3rd rd on average, depending on ones need at TE. 4.09 seems like a good value to me. 

I think it's a combination of there being so many good RB/WR prospects and Kmet ending up on the Bears. I haven't seen any rookie drafts outside of the 1st rd yet but it wouldn't surprise me to see him go mid to late 3rd rd on average, depending on ones need at TE. 4.09 seems like a good value to me. 
Simply bpa. Who cares if they have 9 tes, at that price why not?

16 team IDP (DL/LB/DB), start 1 QB, Lots of RB/WR/TE flex,  .5 RB PPR, 1 PPR WR, 1.5TE PPR (TE's are receivers in this league just premium):

Just started yesterday, 12 hour clock, 3 rounds:

https://www53.myfantasyleague.com/2020/options?L=11578&O=17

1.01 Burrow, Joe CIN QB

1.02 Edwards-Helaire, Clyde KCC RB

1.03 Taylor, Jonathan IND RB

1.04 Swift, D'Andre DET RB

1.05 Jeudy, Jerry DEN WR

1.06 Lamb, CeeDee DAL WR

1.07 Herbert, Justin LAC QB

1.08 Dobbins, J.K. BAL RB

1.09 Ruggs, Henry LVR WR

1.10 Akers, Cam LAR RB

1.11 Mims, Denzel NYJ WR

1.12 Jefferson, Justin MIN W 

1.13 Vaughn, Ke'Shawn TBB RB 

1.14 Young, Chase WAS DE 

1.15 Pittman, Michael IND WR  

1.16 Dillon, AJ GBP RB 

2.01 Simmons, Isaiah ARI LB

2.02 Tagovailoa, Tua MIA QB

2.03 Higgins, Tee CIN WR 

2.04 Queen, Patrick BAL LB 

2.05 Reagor, Jalen PHI WR 

2.06 Murray, Kenneth LAC LB 

2.07 Bowden, Lynn LVR RB 

2.08 Chinn, Jeremy CAR S 

2.09 Winfield, Antoine TBB S 

2.10 Aiyuk, Brandon SFO WR 

2.11 Shenault, Laviska JAC WR 

2.12 Moss, Zack BUF RB 

2.13 McKinney, Xavier NYG S 

2.14 Asiasi, Devin NEP TE 

2.15 Evans, Darrynton TEN RB 

2.16 Love, Jordan GBP QB 

3.01 Claypool, Chase PIT WR 

3.02 Brown, Derrick CAR DT

3.03 Hamler, KJ DEN WR

3.04 Edwards, Bryan LVR WR

3.05 Duvernay, Devin BAL WR

3.06 Gibson, Antonio WAS RB

3.07 Kinlaw, Javon SFO DT

3.08 Chaisson, K'Lavon JAC LB

3.09 Harrison, Malik BAL LB

3.10 Lewis, Terrell LAR LB

3.11 McFarland, Anthony PIT RB

3.12 Jefferson, Van LAR WR

3.13 Wilson, Logan CIN LB

3.14 Hurts, Jalen PHI QB

3.15 Kelley, Joshua LAC RB

4.01 (supplemental pick for NFL Draft Contest winner)

Had my 3 FFPC's start this morning, had the 1.01, 1.02 and 1.02 in the 3 leagues.  All of them are Jonathan Taylor.  I'll post them when they finish

Have a ton of FFPC drafts going on right now that started this morning.  Just an observation but in 1qb leagues after the top 2 picks there has been a barrage of players across all leagues looking to trade down.  So there is a guy you like outside of CEH/Taylor definitely don't be shy about making an offer to move up to get him because even if the owner isn't actively shopping the pick it seems like most are willing to move down.  I've made some trades to move up that were way way cheaper than they were a month ago.

Have a ton of FFPC drafts going on right now that started this morning.  Just an observation but in 1qb leagues after the top 2 picks there has been a barrage of players across all leagues looking to trade down.  So there is a guy you like outside of CEH/Taylor definitely don't be shy about making an offer to move up to get him because even if the owner isn't actively shopping the pick it seems like most are willing to move down.  I've made some trades to move up that were way way cheaper than they were a month ago.
Not how it was working in my leagues I couldn't even trade up from 8 to 7.  The guys at 5, 6 and 7 had zero interest to move down.  Also I don't believe anyone will move out of 1 or 2 without getting a haul.  If someone deals back from 1 or 2 I would like to hear the haul they got in FFPC format.

What were your move up trades you made today that were way cheaper I like to hear ?

Not how it was working in my leagues I couldn't even trade up from 8 to 7.  The guys at 5, 6 and 7 had zero interest to move down.  Also I don't believe anyone will move out of 1 or 2 without getting a haul.  If someone deals back from 1 or 2 I would like to hear the haul they got in FFPC format.
 There’s a clear top 7 right now. I’m guessing you can move from 7 to 3 pretty easy. Moving from 8 to 7 even could be tough.

i appreciate Vaughan moving up the boards. Trading up for free is always nice.

There’s a clear top 7 right now. I’m guessing you can move from 7 to 3 pretty easy. Moving from 8 to 7 even could be tough.

i appreciate Vaughan moving up the boards. Trading up for free is always nice.
Not sure about from 7 to 3 easily.  If someone wants a top 5 back they are not getting them at 7 in the FFPC most likely.

What were your move up trades you made today that were way cheaper I like to hear ?
Give: 1.05, 2.05
Get: 1.03

Give: 1.10, 2021 1st
Get: 1.04

ETA: Two different leagues, I drafted Swift with the pick in both.

The guy I traded with here was asking for a lot more two days ago even. Granted it is a small move, but still.

I gave 1.04, 2.04
I got 1.03, 2.09

The guy I traded with here was asking for a lot more two days ago even. Granted it is a small move, but still.

I gave 1.04, 2.04
I got 1.03, 2.09
I don't like this one for you unless Taylor falls to 1.03......not a lot of difference for me between 1.04 and 1.03 but big difference on who you can get at 2.04 and 2.09. 

If Taylor falls though it's a great move.

I don't like this one for you unless Taylor falls to 1.03......not a lot of difference for me between 1.04 and 1.03 but big difference on who you can get at 2.04 and 2.09. 

I already took Taylor in this one at 1.02. I made the move with 1.03 OTC so I could take Dobbins.

I don't like this one for you unless Taylor falls to 1.03......not a lot of difference for me between 1.04 and 1.03 but big difference on who you can get at 2.04 and 2.09

I already took Taylor in this one at 1.02. I made the move with 1.03 OTC so I could take Dobbins.
I also own the 1.12, 2.03 and 2.10 so I don't feel like I'm too worried about missing out in that range. Personally I have a huge tier drop after 1.03.

I haven't seen a single trade up in my 3 FFPC leagues going on right now.  Maybe I just have boring groups?  I haven't tried either since I own a few early picks anyways.

From my drafts though it seems most view Dobbins > Akers and Swift?  That seems like the logical move right now at least if you thought there was a gap there.  I personally don't so moving from 5 or 4 to 3 seems pointless to me.  Dobbins has been the 3rd RB in all 3 of my leagues (had one where Lamb went 1.03).  

If that's where your tier drop is it def makes sense. 
The other guy took Akers at 1.04 instead of Swift or elsewise, which leads me to believe he would have taken Dobbins if he'd stayed at 1.03. I had a number of deals worked out to move back from 1.04 but I wanted Dobbins more.

Also, I was going to move back to around 1.07 or 1.08 and snag Jefferson if 1.03 didn't work out. But Jefferson slid to 1.12 anyway. Bonus!!

FFPC 

1.01 CEH
1.02 TAYLOR (me)
1.03 DOBBINS (me)
1.04 AKERS
1.05 SWIFT
1.06 JEUDY
1.07 LAMB
1.08 MOSS
1.09 PITTMAN
1.10 REAGOR
1.11 VAUGHN
1.12 JEFFERSON (me)
2.01 OTC (I have an offer on his table to move from 2.05)

FFPC Superflex

1.01 CEH (x)
1.02 BURROWS (w)
1.03 TAYLOR (x)
1.04 TUA (x)
1.05 DOBBINS
1.06 LAMB (w)
1.07 JEUDY (w)
1.08 SWIFT (x)
1.09 AKERS (w)
1.10 RUGGS
1.11 JEFFERSON (me)
1.12 VAUGHN (me)
2.01 REAGOR (I traded back to 2.05 from here)
2.02 OTC

10/13 first picks owned by just three of us (until I traded back anyway)

like others, started my FFPC draft this morning.  Picks so far...

1.01 Clyde Edwards-Helaire RB

1.02 Jonathan Taylor RB

1.03 J.K. Dobbins RB

1.04 D'Andre Swift RB

1.05 Cam Akers RB

1.06 CeeDee Lamb WR

1.07 Jalen Reagor WR

1.08 Henry Ruggs WR

1.09 Jerry Jeudy WR

1.10 Justin Jefferson WR

1.11 Ke'Shawn Vaughn RB

1.12 Michael Pittman WR

2.01 Hayden Hurst TE

2.02 Tee Higgins WR

2.03 Joe Burrow QB

2.04 Denzel Mims WR

Reagor still available at 2.6 and nobody will trade with me. :sadbanana:
That's how you wind up taking bad deals. Heh. I did shop around a bit before settling on what I just wrote about. We start Monday and I had no bites, so...

As for joey right above me, Hayden Hurst? That sounds nothing like a rookie to me.

That's how you wind up taking bad deals. Heh. I did shop around a bit before settling on what I just wrote about. We start Monday and I had no bites, so...

As for joey right above me, Hayden Hurst? That sounds nothing like a rookie to me.
We're at the 2.04 in one of my FFPC leagues right now, and Hurst, Jarwin, Ebron, Gronk, and Gesicki are all on the board. I'm assuming they start going soon. Then more rookies fall to me, I guess that's the theory.

We're at the 2.04 in one of my FFPC leagues right now, and Hurst, Jarwin, Ebron, Gronk, and Gesicki are all on the board. I'm assuming they start going soon. Then more rookies fall to me, I guess that's the theory.
I honestly don't know how FFPC works. What was strange was he had a draft list of all rookies with their draft positions next to them, in order, and then Hayden Hurst. Like, all eighteen guys he listed were rooks and then it says "2.01 Hayden Hurst." I'm wondering if he didn't mean somebody else. Like, look at joey's post just above yours. Hence my comment. 

Users who are viewing this thread