What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Post your Rookie 2014 drafts (1 Viewer)

16 Team, non-IDP, PPR (.75-1.00-1.50, RB-WR-TE) and traditional yardage

1QB/1RB/2WR/1TE/1PK/1DEF/2FLEX (RB,WR,TE)

Just started last night and we just began round 2:

http://football11.myfantasyleague.com/2014/options?L=26863&O=17

1.1 - Sammy Watkins

1.2- Mike Evans

1.3- Eric Ebron

1.4- Jordan Mathews

1.5- Brandin Cooks

1.6- Jace Amaro

1.7- Odell Beckham Jr (me)

1.8- Davante Adams (me)

1.9 - Allen Robinson

1.10 - Bishop Sankey

1.11 - Marquise Lee

1.12 - Kelvin Benjamin

1.13 - Carlos Hyde

1.14 - Johnny Manziel

1.15 - Cody Lattimer (me)

1.16 - Devonta Freeman

2.1 - Austin Seferian-Jenkins (me)

2.2 - Donte Moncrief

At the last minute I made a trade for the 1.08. I gave Kendall Wright, A. Gates, 2.07, 4.07 and 5.07 all for just the 1.08. Some would probably say I gave way too much but when I want an asset, I go get it. I'd like to believe in Wright and maybe he is the next Marvin Harrison but odds suggest he'll remain a high-end WR2. I'm a huge believer in Davante Adams and I LOVE his landing spot, so I just had to have him. I couldn't pass on OBJ at 1.07 so I had to grab him, although I was planning on Adams.

Anyways, this draft is just getting started and it's a good and smart group of guys.
I guess where you only start one RB that explains why they are suppressed a bit on the list but otherwise, it looks just like how my draft is going and I think you got Adams right where you have to be to get him. You may have to wait through a developmental period but for what you gave, I like it. Lot of draft picks but on the back end where its more of a crap shoot than ever and Gates is not for long in the league. Wright is an intriguing guy but I tend to agree with you that he may have plateaued.

1.1 - Sammy Watkins

1.2- Mike Evans

1.3- Eric Ebron

1.4- Jordan Mathews

1.5- Brandin Cooks

1.6- Jace Amaro

1.8- Davante Adams (me)

1.9 - Allen Robinson

1.10 - Bishop Sankey

1.11 - Marquise Lee

1.12 - Kelvin Benjamin

1.13 - Carlos Hyde

1.14 - Johnny Manziel

1.16 - Devonta Freeman

2.2 - Donte Moncrief

At the last minute I made a trade for the 1.08. I gave Kendall Wright, A. Gates, 2.07, 4.07 and 5.07 all for just the 1.08. Some would probably say I gave way too much but when I want an asset, I go get it. I'd like to believe in Wright and maybe he is the next Marvin Harrison but odds suggest he'll remain a high-end WR2. I'm a huge believer in Davante Adams and I LOVE his landing spot, so I just had to have him. I couldn't pass on OBJ at 1.07 so I had to grab him, although I was planning on Adams.

Anyways, this draft is just getting started and it's a good and smart group of guys.
Ooooof...I don't think Adams is remotely worth Wright.

1.1 - Sammy Watkins

1.2- Mike Evans

1.3- Eric Ebron

1.4- Jordan Mathews

1.5- Brandin Cooks

1.6- Jace Amaro

1.8- Davante Adams (me)

1.9 - Allen Robinson

1.10 - Bishop Sankey

1.11 - Marquise Lee

1.12 - Kelvin Benjamin

1.13 - Carlos Hyde

1.14 - Johnny Manziel

1.16 - Devonta Freeman

2.2 - Donte Moncrief

I guess where you only start one RB that explains why they are suppressed a bit on the list but otherwise, it looks just like how my draft is going and I think you got Adams right where you have to be to get him. You may have to wait through a developmental period but for what you gave, I like it. Lot of draft picks but on the back end where its more of a crap shoot than ever and Gates is not for long in the league. Wright is an intriguing guy but I tend to agree with you that he may have plateaued.
My first impulse was to say that you gave way too much for Adams, but really your logic makes sense and if you're a believer, it's a reasonable deal.

1.1 - Sammy Watkins

1.2- Mike Evans

1.3- Eric Ebron

1.4- Jordan Mathews

1.5- Brandin Cooks

1.6- Jace Amaro

1.8- Davante Adams (me)

1.9 - Allen Robinson

1.10 - Bishop Sankey

1.11 - Marquise Lee

1.12 - Kelvin Benjamin

1.13 - Carlos Hyde

1.14 - Johnny Manziel

1.16 - Devonta Freeman

2.2 - Donte Moncrief

Ooooof...I don't think Adams is remotely worth Wright.
Oh I do, but then again I don't own Wright in any league, nor do I plan to.

At the last minute I made a trade for the 1.08. I gave Kendall Wright, A. Gates, 2.07, 4.07 and 5.07 all for just the 1.08. Some would probably say I gave way too much but when I want an asset, I go get it.
I would give up the 1.08 for all that.

Last edited by a moderator:
For the 1st WR taken in these drafts it's:

Watkins 24

Evans 0

So much for that debate. I'm guessing all the people that have stumped for Evans over Watkins are holding the 1.02 (or later) in their rookie drafts.

1 team did take Sankey over Watkins, though. 1 out of 24.

Weak RB class? Take all the RB's early! Jarvis Landry and Paul Richardson are making it to the bottom 3rd/early 4th round. I mean I'll admit there is a huge cluster of prospects in about the same tier but a lot of value to be had.

Watkins 24

Evans 0

So much for that debate. I'm guessing all the people that have stumped for Evans over Watkins are holding the 1.02 (or later) in their rookie drafts.

yep.

If Evans had landed in a better spot (say, Lions or Saints) he probably would have gone earlier in a few drafts. But while McCown might help him produce early, the long term situation is worse than Buffalo's (IMO).

Watkins 24

Evans 0

yep.

If Evans had landed in a better spot (say, Lions or Saints) he probably would have gone earlier in a few drafts. But while McCown might help him produce early, the long term situation is worse than Buffalo's (IMO).
VJax had nearly 1400 yards two years ago with Freeman at QB. Also, McCown isn't the long-term answer at QB and they will likely be drafting high again.

Watkins 24

Evans 0

yep.

VJax had nearly 1400 yards two years ago with Freeman at QB. Also, McCown isn't the long-term answer at QB and they will likely be drafting high again.
Right, which means he's second to vjax and likely to have an unknown at qb soon.

12 Team PPR, QB/2RB/3WR/TE/K/DT/2DE/3LB/2CB/2S/Flex

http://football9.myfantasyleague.com/2014/options?L=39217&O=52

being able to start 3 RBs weekly I took Sankey at #3; My RBs are ADP/Gore/Vereen/ TRich so I needed some help there.
Link goes to a sign in page
Better? http://football9.myfantasyleague.com/2014/options?L=39217&O=17
Had 1.02, 3 & 7. Took Evans & Sankey 1st, then 2 LBs were taken in front of my 1.07; how awesome is that.

Inside the 20 started today.

This league is 2 16-team leagues... be sure to click on the NFC side to see the other draft.

1qb, 1-2rb, 3-5wr, 1-3te, 1k, 1p, 1dt, 2de, 2-4lb, 2-3cb, 2-3s

The scoring is heavy on the QB with pts for completions, 5pt tds too

rb 0.5ppr, wr 1.0ppr, te 1.5ppr

dl 1.8/0.8t, 3.5pd, 3ff, 5sack

lb 1.2/0.6t, 1.5pd, 3ff, 5sack

db 1.4/0.6t, 0.9pd, 3ff, 5 sack

Last edited by a moderator:
At the last minute I made a trade for the 1.08. I gave Kendall Wright, A. Gates, 2.07, 4.07 and 5.07 all for just the 1.08. Some would probably say I gave way too much but when I want an asset, I go get it.
I would give up the 1.3 (or earlier) for all that. Huge overpay.
I'd trade Kendall Wright for the 1.08 all day long, which is really all this deal is when you strip away the dead layers of this deal. Actually 2.07 might turn out to be valuable in this year's draft but I would not let it stop me from getting the 1.08.

This league is 2 16-team leagues... be sure to click on the NFC side to see the other draft.

Which team is yours?

Which team is yours?
Huckleberries in NFC

Watkins 24

Evans 0

yep.

Right, which means he's second to vjax and likely to have an unknown at qb soon.
They have Mike Glennon and also signed Brad Smith from this draft class who I think are decent QB prospects.

Bucs turned down six offers to trade for Mike GlennonPosted by Darin Gantt on May 10, 2014, 6:41 PM EDT http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/10/bucs-turned-down-six-offers-to-trade-for-mike-glennon/
APThe Buccaneers surprised some people by declaring Mike Glennon their quarterback of the future.

But they backed it up this weekend by turning away at least six requests for a trade, according to Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times.

There’s a lot of interest and we want to keep Mike,” Bucs General Manager Jason Licht said. “[They were] just feeling it out. I know that Mike has a very good reputation throughout the league as far as his developmental future.”

Glennon was a third-rounder last year, and only five quarterbacks were taken that highly this year. But while the Bucs brought in Josh McCown to be their starter this year, Glennon showed enough last year to make him worth some more time.

http://football5.myfantasyleague.com/2014/options?L=12263&O=17#0

Start 1 QB, 1-2 RB, 1-4 WR, 1-3 TE, IDP, .5 ppr with 1 ppr for TEs.
Interesting Freeman at 1.09 and Mason at 3.03.
the team with Mason is dominating the draft. Of course his multiple 1st round picks doesn't hurt.
That's my team, I just took it over this offseason after the last owner sold off pretty much everything of value. I guess I reached for Freeman, I really expected him to be in higher demand since there isn't a lot ahead of him at this point. I probably should've taken Latimer ahead of Telvin Smith too, but I'd already drafted four receivers.

There are a lot of defensive picks. With so many WR and also early picks on the top IDPs is why. Mason is still the 5th RB being taken.
I like Mason over Freeman. I am tempted to trade down to get Mason but suspect I will still need to stay in round 1.

There are a lot of defensive picks. With so many WR and also early picks on the top IDPs is why. Mason is still the 5th RB being taken.
I like Mason over Freeman. I am tempted to trade down to get Mason but suspect I will still need to stay in round 1.
I think Freeman has the advantage in terms of competition he faces for carries and how soon as he will contribute due to already being developed in pass protection and as a receiver.

Now Mason may turn out to be fine in these areas. I thought he looked fine catching the ball when he did get the opportunity.

The offensive line of the Rams may be looking better than Atlanta perhaps but not really the overall supporting cast. Division opponents I consider in favor of Freeman as well.

I wouldn't likely draft either in the 1st round. But they are good RB.

Im sitting at 1.08 and 2.01.

Have luxury of going BPA.

Freeman and Mason both figure highly in my thoughts though.

Thinking i might wait and see if one of them drops to 2.01.

I also think Ebron might be there at 1.08 and a TE wouldn't hurt me.

interesting draft this year. With the mix of talent and situation ending up the way it did, every draft is going to have its own storyline. Its not the usual top 5 or 6 then defined tiers. Value could be had at any pick.

I would give up the 1.3 (or earlier) for all that. Huge overpay.
I'd trade Kendall Wright for the 1.08 all day long, which is really all this deal is when you strip away the dead layers of this deal. Actually 2.07 might turn out to be valuable in this year's draft but I would not let it stop me from getting the 1.08.
The 1.8 might end up being a good player. Kendall Wright actually is a good young player who is likely to grow more under the whis and improved QB play. Then take the 2.7 in a really deep draft class and it's just gravy. 1.8 startup ADP is around 7th round, Wrights is 5th round. Now if you actually got into the rookie draft and saw the guy that you thought was a top 3 talent sitting there at the 1.8 then I wouldn't hesitate to make that move.

Users who are viewing this thread