What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Potential Biden Cabinet (5 Viewers)

Also Mayor Pete as SOS is not a good idea at all. He has no experience and the State Dept has been decimated - need someone really strong in here to rebuild not just foreign relations, but the department itself. 
I agree with this as well. John Kerry or Mitt Romney would be fine with me.

Nope, but that's a good example of how perception of him is mixed.
That’s actually not true. He was caught in a fairly significant lie and the Washington Post’s fact checker awarded him 4 Pinnochios.

Small potatoes compared to all the lies coming from the other side, but a repeated and clear lie and deception none the less.

Last edited by a moderator:
What’s it look like?  Who would you like and where?

Sec of State:  Pete Buttigieg.  Yes, it’s a selfish pick, but I want this guy to remain as prominent as can be.  I also think it’s a perfect role for his personality/style and he’d be perfect mending relationships around the globe

Sec of Treasury:  Andrew Yang.  I’ll admit I know little about him, but I liked the little exposure I did get.  He’s not running too much policy in this position, but he’s advising and we should listen.

Sec of Defense:  Bring back Mattis

AG:  Adam Schiff.  Would it be viewed as a downgrade, I don’t know.  This just feels his natural fit over that of a member of Congress.  It plays to his strengths much better

All the others I need more research, maybe Cozier for Sec of Vet Affairs.  Energy and Education need big wins, as well as Commerce and Labor.
SEC DEF: 

Can see Michele Flournoy. Mattis wanted to bring her on board as his deputy but was rejected. She has to be the favorite right now. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/06/us/politics/joe-biden-donald-trump-transition.html

The top candidate to lead the Defense Department is Michèle Flournoy, a former under secretary of defense for policy who worked with Biden officials during the campaign. She would be the first woman ever to be appointed to the job.
Maybe Senator Duckworth? Admiral McRaven? Admiral Stavridis? Guessing he's going with a female for SEC DEF, so my money is on either Flournoy or Duckworth. 

Mattis is a pipe dream for a multitude of reasons. No question he's very qualified and respected.

I think everyone would be better served by putting qualified individuals with actual experience in those areas in place rather than trying to advance political careers by shoehorning individuals into positions they have no expertise in.
That's just crazy talk.  How are salt-of-the-earth, roll-your-sleeves-up-and-get-to-work, I'm-here-to-serve folks like DeVos and DeJoy ever going to get ahead if you do that??

I' think Amy is solid. 

What happens to her Senate seat if she moves up?  Special election?  Would they risk a senate seat?  
MN Senate seat isn't that much of a risk. The governor (D) gets to appoint a replacement. I think the appointed person would be on the ballot in 2022, which isn't that risky. If there would be a special election off-cycle (like February) then you might risk low turnout where anything can happen, but I don't think that's how it goes in MN. 

That’s actually not true. He was caught in a fairly significant lie and the Washington Post’s fact checker awarded him 4 Pinnochios.

Small potatoes compared to all the lies coming from the other side, but a repeated and clear lie and deception none the less.
Thanks, that's a good correction to my post, but I disagree with the Washington Post's fact-checker on that one. When Schiff said, "We haven't spoken to the whistleblower," I think he very likely meant, "We haven't spoken to the whistleblower [about whatever he blew the whistle about]," which would be true. (He couldn't have meant the statement exactly literally since, for all he knew at the time, the whistleblower could have been his next-door neighbor.)

Do we see someone like Comey coming back? 
I don’t think that would be a good idea...getting confirmed by the Senate might be an issue. Speaking of FBI directors if Trump fires Wray I’d like to see him hired back. McConnel won’t be approving a new FBI Director under a lame duck President.

Btw, am I the only one that glanced at the title and read it as Potential Bidet Cabinet?

I was intrigued.

What’s it look like?  Who would you like and where?

Sec of State:  Pete Buttigieg.  Yes, it’s a selfish pick, but I want this guy to remain as prominent as can be.  I also think it’s a perfect role for his personality/style and he’d be perfect mending relationships around the globe

Sec of Treasury:  Andrew Yang.  I’ll admit I know little about him, but I liked the little exposure I did get.  He’s not running too much policy in this position, but he’s advising and we should listen.

Sec of Defense:  Bring back Mattis

AG:  Adam Schiff.  Would it be viewed as a downgrade, I don’t know.  This just feels his natural fit over that of a member of Congress.  It plays to his strengths much better

All the others I need more research, maybe Cozier for Sec of Vet Affairs.  Energy and Education need big wins, as well as Commerce and Labor.
If the Republicans hold the Senate, I would be shocked if they let Schiff in. That guy is bad news. 

The rest of that would get through. Buttigeg is a smart guy, that role is a bit outsized for him, but he's got some favors coming.

I doubt Mattis would come back, but who knows.

Yang would be interesting, but I don't know how serious Dems take him.

The big question is how Hunter can profit the most. Ambassador to China or Ukraine? Go into private dealings again? What's best for Hunter here? His father is kind of a big deal now, no time to be shy.

The big question is how Hunter can profit the most. Ambassador to China or Ukraine? Go into private dealings again? What's best for Hunter here? His father is kind of a big deal now, no time to be shy.
Probably the easiest way for him to profit is to appoint him as a "consultant" to the White House.

MN Senate seat isn't that much of a risk. The governor (D) gets to appoint a replacement. I think the appointed person would be on the ballot in 2022, which isn't that risky. If there would be a special election off-cycle (like February) then you might risk low turnout where anything can happen, but I don't think that's how it goes in MN. 
MN has had some extremely tight senate elections.  Speaking as someone who voted for Biden, wants him to have a good cabinet, and who also wants a GOP senate, Klobuchar is someone perched at the very top of my list of people who I would like to see appointed to something in the Biden administration.

Edit: Also, I still kind of like Klobuchar as an individual and it would be nice to see her elevated to a higher role in the Democratic party regardless.  In other words, I would welcome some sort of nomination for her for all sorts of mutually-reinforcing reasons.

Who would qualify in such a divided country?

divided? ..... 6 mil.+ for one side over the other isn't as divided as many make it out to be.

small states with 2 Senators gives a falsehood of equally divided --- America isn't a 50/50 country, we are a 60/40 country (maybe/ leaning 65/35)  :2cents:

divided? ..... 6 mil.+ for one side over the other isn't as divided as many make it out to be.

small states with 2 Senators gives a falsehood of equally divided --- America isn't a 50/50 country, we are a 60/40 country (maybe/ leaning 65/35)  :2cents:
Uhhh....

US House is going to land roughly 55/45 and the Presidential vote will end up much closer than that.

True we are leaning blue, but it is nowhere near 60/40, much less 65/35. 

Uhhh....

US House is going to land roughly 55/45 and the Presidential vote will end up much closer than that.

True we are leaning blue, but it is nowhere near 60/40, much less 65/35. 

the VERY gerrymandered House where the officials select their voters ?? .......   draw them fair/ even at that will be 60/40 as well   :2cents:

Some are my ideas. Most I stole.

Department of State
Susan Rice

Department of the Treasury
Probably some Goldman Sachs Type

Department of Defense
Tammy Duckworth

Department of Justice
Amy Klobuchar

Department of the Interior
Steve Bullock

Department of Agriculture
Heidi Heitkamp

Department of Commerce/Innovation (new title)
Andrew Yang

Department of Labor
Bernie Sanders

Department of Health and Human Services

Vivek Murthy

Department of Housing and Urban Development
Tom Steyer

Department of Transportation
Eric Garcetti

Department of Energy

Ernest Moniz

Department of Education

Elizabeth Warren

Department of Veterans Affairs
Pete Buttigieg

Department of Homeland Security

Val Demings

EPA / Climate Change (new title)

Jay Inslee

Surgeon General

Anthony Fauci

Some are my ideas. Most I stole.

Department of State
Susan Rice

Department of the Treasury
Probably some Goldman Sachs Type

Department of Defense
Tammy Duckworth

Department of Justice
Amy Klobuchar

Department of the Interior
Steve Bullock

Department of Agriculture
Heidi Heitkamp

Department of Commerce/Innovation (new title)
Andrew Yang

Department of Labor
Bernie Sanders

Department of Health and Human Services

Vivek Murthy

Department of Housing and Urban Development
Tom Steyer

Department of Transportation
Eric Garcetti

Department of Energy

Ernest Moniz

Department of Education

Elizabeth Warren

Department of Veterans Affairs
Pete Buttigieg

Department of Homeland Security

Val Demings

EPA / Climate Change (new title)

Jay Inslee

Surgeon General

Anthony Fauci

That's an awful lot of current Democrat Senators. Can't see them risking many/any Senate seats to special elections, even if I personally think some of them are reasonably safe. 

Biden has picked a chief of staff: Ron Klain. Worked with Biden and Gore when both were VPs, and has experience on a pandemic response team, as he helped with the Ebola scare.

The guy's got experience, which is a plus after the past 4 years.

MN has had some extremely tight senate elections.  Speaking as someone who voted for Biden, wants him to have a good cabinet, and who also wants a GOP senate, Klobuchar is someone perched at the very top of my list of people who I would like to see appointed to something in the Biden administration.

Edit: Also, I still kind of like Klobuchar as an individual and it would be nice to see her elevated to a higher role in the Democratic party regardless.  In other words, I would welcome some sort of nomination for her for all sorts of mutually-reinforcing reasons.
Can I cosign this?  

Cosigned.  

Apparently Anthony Blinken is going to be the new Secretary of State. 

I'm not familiar. Anyone who knows more than me have any thoughts?

I know its not cabinet but, from WaPo - 

President-elect Joe Biden to name Linda Thomas-Greenfield as his nominee for ambassador to the United Nations

Users who are viewing this thread