What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Potential Biden Cabinet (3 Viewers)

Sec State - Susan Rice

AG - Sally Yates

Treasury - Yang

Sec Def - I like the idea of bringing back Mattis.
I like all of these picks, but think Yang is better suited for Labor. 

I love Sally Yates. I met her at a conference on drug courts and she struck me as intelligent, forward thinking, and very principled 

I like all of these picks, but think Yang is better suited for Labor. 

I love Sally Yates. I met her at a conference on drug courts and she struck me as intelligent, forward thinking, and very principled 
Yates fits the same mold as Biden’s picks for Chief of Staff and Secretary of State.  Seems very plausible.

This is really shaping up to be one of the greatest cabinets in our Nation's history.  The World will take America serious again.   🇺🇸 

Last edited by a moderator:
Does it just take a majority in the Senate to see these positions get approved? Assuming the GOP maintains a slim majority in the Senate can we expect moderate rational Republicans like of Collins, Murkowski, and Romney to approve those that are qualified?

Does it just take a majority in the Senate to see these positions get approved? Assuming the GOP maintains a slim majority in the Senate can we expect moderate rational Republicans like of Collins, Murkowski, and Romney to approve those that are qualified?
I would expect moderate picks to get through the Senate without too much trouble. There is really no upside to not confirming picks like Yellen

Apparently Anthony Blinken is going to be the new Secretary of State. 

I'm not familiar. Anyone who knows more than me have any thoughts?
Rubio had an issue with Blinken going to Cuba during the Obama administration before consulting with him.as he had stated during a committee meeting. And Rubio has predicted "that Biden would have a more difficult time confirming Cabinet secretaries than Obama, given the contentiousness that surrounded President Donald Trump’s Cabinet nominees."

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/article247368499.html

Rubio had an issue with Blinken going to Cuba during the Obama administration before consulting with him.as he had stated during a committee meeting. And Rubio has predicted "that Biden would have a more difficult time confirming Cabinet secretaries than Obama, given the contentiousness that surrounded President Donald Trump’s Cabinet nominees."

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/article247368499.html
Trump's appointments couldn't get through a GOP controlled Senate. 

I felt the same. Never been into politicians and don’t think they have much of an impact on normal citizens’ lives. As I was watching, I thought the same thing. Nothing special just normal, humble human beings. It’s quite nice to have people like that representing us again.
The greatest task that anyone following Trump would have is rebuilding the executive branch. One reason I preferred Biden early on (but not continuously) is that he has the experience to form a cabinet full of professional, serious people to do that. I think he is passing that test, the real first test, with flying colors. Even with a GOP senate, all of those announced so far should be confirmed easily and get to work. There is a lot of work to be done.

Not a fan of this trend at all.

Since 2016, Austin has served on the board of Raytheon, the weapons manufacturer. Raytheon & others are currently lobbying Congress to pass a $23 billion weapons deal to UAE.

If we are going to hold Trump accountable for these kinds of hires and appointments, then I've got no problem taking Biden to task with the same situation.
Totally agree. It'll never happen though of course.

Bamboo Bill said:
Not a fan of this trend at all.

Since 2016, Austin has served on the board of Raytheon, the weapons manufacturer. Raytheon & others are currently lobbying Congress to pass a $23 billion weapons deal to UAE.

If we are going to hold Trump accountable for these kinds of hires and appointments, then I've got no problem taking Biden to task with the same situation.
Anyone have Cliff notes on the waiver requirement? Asking for myself.

Senate Report on Hunter Biden and family just dropped: 

https://www.hsgac.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/HSGAC_Finance_Report_FINAL.pdf

https://twitter.com/kylenabecker/status/1336441999541604357

Very damning and I'm sure this will be all over the MSM.
Why would this be all over the MSM? 

Also, can you link to your posts expressing outrage over all of the Trump family corruption the past few years, since apparently the mere perception of corruption by Hunter Biden is so important.  

Great pick to get Pete some serious National political work experience.  Current Transportation Authorization Act (FAST) has expired and was extended for this fiscal year.  The next one signed into law will be massive.  It's going to make all other infrastructure bills looks small, and Pete will be part of it.  

Great pick to get Pete some serious National political work experience.  Current Transportation Authorization Act (FAST) has expired and was extended for this fiscal year.  The next one signed into law will be massive.  It's going to make all other infrastructure bills looks small, and Pete will be part of it.  
As a Pete guy, this is kind of meh.

Sure, when you are unemployed in a pandemic, you take what you can get.  But, Secretary of Transportation does not seem like much a springboard position...

Its not a headline grabbing position, on the other hand, its also a position that is probably hard to screw up.  And, under a "do no harm" mantra, this could be something.

Its not legislative experience, its not foreign policy experience, I suppose you can wrap it into a little domestic policy experience.

Sure, when you are unemployed in a pandemic, you take what you can get.  But, Secretary of Transportation does not seem like much a springboard position...

Its not a headline grabbing position, on the other hand, its also a position that is probably hard to screw up.  And, under a "do no harm" mantra, this could be something.

Its not legislative experience, its not foreign policy experience, I suppose you can wrap it into a little domestic policy experience.
Well, with Susan Rice shifting to domestic policy as well, they might pair nicely; and when Rice pivots back to foreign policy, she can take him with him. 

I hear you, but lets be real, Pete doesn't have a whole lot of anything.  It's not going to be a wowser job, but DOT's impact on the economy, jobs, and getting America running again will be huge.  If he does it right, he could make it the first time anyone actually remembers who the DOT Secretary is.   

I hear you, but lets be real, Pete doesn't have a whole lot of anything.  It's not going to be a wowser job, but DOT's impact on the economy, jobs, and getting America running again will be huge.  If he does it right, he could make it the first time anyone actually remembers who the DOT Secretary is.   
If the administration pushes him out front, he’ll get exposure.  If they don’t, he’ll fade into obscurity.  He really needs to get elected to the house or senate if he wants to build a legitimate case for the presidency.  Elizabeth Dole was Secretary of Transportation and got a fair amount of press.  Other her I can’t name a single one in my lifetime, and had to look up who the current one is.

At least we won't have Elaine Chao using her position to benefit her family's shipping business.  She and Mitch have been working scams like that in China for 20 years.

At least we won't have Elaine Chao using her position to benefit her family's shipping business.  She and Mitch have been working scams like that in China for 20 years.
Maybe Im a soft touch with taiwanese women, but she is the only cabinet member to survive all 8 years under George W Bush. To top that off she made it through all 4 years of Trump and most of all she has stayed married to Mitch McConnell for 27 years. 

She must play the game well and have a spine of steel with the intellect to match. 

Yeah it's really awful when someone profits from their family members political position. Thank goodness it's so rare it's almost unheard of.

What's his experience with transportation?

He proposed to Chasten at O'Hare
Beef:  "Great pick to get Pete some serious National political work experience"

Ummmm. This isn't what a cabinet position is for. It's ideally a position where someone has relevant work experience to run an agency or department.  I don't know, maybe that's just my opinion. 

What's his experience with transportation?
Well, he actually oversaw installation of a smart sewer system in South Bend (transporting waste?).  Serving as a mayor probably did get him involved in the nuts and bolts of infrastructural issues, albeit on a very small scale.

Users who are viewing this thread