What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pre Preseason Dynasty Buy Lows (1 Viewer)

Mr. Peterson

Footballguy
Looking for some players to target before they start showing off in the preseason.  Players that are about to break out but people aren’t fully aware of it yet.  Some could be more obvious than others but still trying to compile a list of buy low dynasty players before the season starts.

Javonte Williams RB Broncos - I know he’s one of the more obvious ones but some people in some of my leagues aren’t fully away that he could be in for a much bigger workload.  I think his running style is greatly suited for Hackets offense.  I don’t think Gordon is that much of a threat and even if he is this year, Williams will still be looking good for dynasty purposes.  You’ll still have to give up a lot, but he could be considered a solid top 5-10 dynasty player after this year.  His value is only going up  

Isaiah McKenzie WR Bills - I think McKenzie steps right into the Beasley role and will also add more than what Beasley did.  The Bills love to run gadget plays with McKenzie out of the backfield.  He’s not going to put up too many rushing stats, but a couple of those big play WR sweeps can really factor into his scoring.  Josh loves this dude and their chemistry is already showing in training camp.  He’ll be a better PPR dynasty player, but at his price, he could be a steal. 

Risky, but this could be the last shot at a Fields, Lance, or Zach Wilson. Not saying they’ll all break out, but they could definitely play themselves into a position where they elevate their dynasty value significantly. 

Lance already seems to be taking a jump value-wise, but he could take another jump in tiers with a solid season. It’s a little ironic that Lance’s value is rising because he’s not really played, while Fields & Wilson have experience under their belts, yet are seemingly less valuable than a dude who hasn’t really shown us anything yet. 

None have to be spectacular - just show improvement. 

ARSB seems to be a victim of his own success. The majority seems to doubt he can be what we saw last season due to circumstances, but IMO he’s a very good receiver, and he’s electric with the ball in his hands in space. It’s an interesting window where you might be able to get him at a reasonable price if his owner isn’t a believer.

there’s a lot of negative buzz about Singletary, with the presence of Moss (which I see as a non-factor) and drafting a rookie for receiving work. But Spiller had a seriously solid string of games last year & I have a hard time believing the Bills will move off of a known commodity or dilute his role significantly. Judging by your avi you probably have thoughts on this one. lol 

Last edited by a moderator:
 Isaiah McKenzie WR Bills - I think McKenzie steps right into the Beasley role and will also add more than what Beasley did.  The Bills love to run gadget plays with McKenzie out of the backfield.  He’s not going to put up too many rushing stats, but a couple of those big play WR sweeps can really factor into his scoring.  Josh loves this dude and their chemistry is already showing in training camp.  He’ll be a better PPR dynasty player, but at his price, he could be a steal. 
i was going to suggest McKenzie but saw that you had already. I’d be a little concerned about his role diluting with the Crowder acquisition.

But you’re right about the chemistry being there already. I was asking about his Dynasty value last year & most of the responses I got were like, “why would you want him?” & I backed off…kinda wish I’d pursued that now. 

Not sure that either of these fit the mold of guys that blow up in the pre-season, but as general buy lows...

Hines would be my cheap RB to try to include in a larger deal.

Tim Patrick, when one of Jeudy or Sutton inevitably don't step up due to health or whatever else.

Risky, but this could be the last shot at a Fields, Lance, or Zach Wilson. Not saying they’ll all break out, but they could definitely play themselves into a position where they elevate their dynasty value significantly. 

Lance already seems to be taking a jump value-wise, but he could take another jump in tiers with a solid season. It’s a little ironic that Lance’s value is rising because he’s not really played, while Fields & Wilson have experience under their belts, yet are seemingly less valuable than a dude who hasn’t really shown us anything yet. 

None have to be spectacular - just show improvement. 

ARSB seems to be a victim of his own success. The majority seems to doubt he can be what we saw last season due to circumstances, but IMO he’s a very good receiver, and he’s electric with the ball in his hands in space. It’s an interesting window where you might be able to get him at a reasonable price if his owner isn’t a believer.

there’s a lot of negative buzz about CJ Spiller, with the presence of Moss (which I see as a non-factor) and drafting a rookie for receiving work. But Spiller had a seriously solid string of games last year & I have a hard time believing the Bills will move off of a known commodity or dilute his role significantly. Judging by your avi you probably have thoughts on this one. lol 

Lol I'm not sure I've heard that much buzz regarding the current running backs coach at Clemson University. 😁

Looking for some players to target before they start showing off in the preseason.  Players that are about to break out but people aren’t fully aware of it yet.  Some could be more obvious than others but still trying to compile a list of buy low dynasty players before the season starts.

Javonte Williams RB Broncos - I know he’s one of the more obvious ones but some people in some of my leagues aren’t fully away that he could be in for a much bigger workload.  I think his running style is greatly suited for Hackets offense.  I don’t think Gordon is that much of a threat and even if he is this year, Williams will still be looking good for dynasty purposes.  You’ll still have to give up a lot, but he could be considered a solid top 5-10 dynasty player after this year.  His value is only going up  

Javonte is going in the 2nd round in some best balls...if anything he is overvalued in some formats.  Dynast wise, if you are in a league with a guy that used a high rookie pick on him and I guess ignored how good he looked last year, I suppose there could be an opportunity...I am not in those types of leagues.

Not trying to be a jerk or argumentative, just furthering the discussion.

A lot of people view Williams as a top 5 dynasty back.  The FBG trade value chart has him as dynasty RB #4.  I don't think he'll be bought low on in many places.

If you're looking to buy low, maybe Michael Carter? It probably ends up being Hall's backfield, but the longer season making more teams go with RBBC approaches makes me think he won't be anywhere near as irrelevant as his drop in value indicates. May well hold flex value anyway as is, and is one injury away from being very useful. Also seems like one for the long haul, by the time he gets to a second contract he probably has less usage than similar quality backs

A lot of people view Williams as a top 5 dynasty back.  The FBG trade value chart has him as dynasty RB #4.  I don't think he'll be bought low on in many places.

:goodposting:

Both may still be a year away from relevance, but 2023 off season cost goes up significantly IMO.
Correct, they are targets because you are looking a year in advance...in astute leagues, this is the way to roll IMHO, especially if you have deep rosters.

Rashod Bateman if their owner isn’t paying enough attention. Same with Cole Kmet. 

Low end options include Eno Benjamin, Adam Trautman, Tim Patrick. 

This is an interesting one, and I agree. You just never know who’s gonna take the reigns of that backfield. Why not Sermon at some point? I can absolutely envision a scenario where he becomes “the guy”, and most of his shareholders are probably willing to take just about anything for him at this point. 

Was able to snag McKenzie in the 4th round of my rookie/FA draft last week before the TC buzz started.  Certainly hope you're correct.

What about mattison?   Year away from free agency

he was dropped in one of my leagues recently, to my surprise.  Seems like his cost is pretty cheap 

What about mattison?   Year away from free agency

he was dropped in one of my leagues recently, to my surprise.  Seems like his cost is pretty cheap 

Almost mentioned him but he's highly prized by many already.  That being said, if you can get him on the cheap I like it.

Yep.  I knew these responses like this we’re coming.  I’m in a couple money dynasty leagues where people pay close attention (usually) and a couple free ones (Zealots) where sometimes they don’t. 

I have Williams currently about 8 or 9.  But after this year he’ll be considered top 5.  

I’d also like to add Ettiene.  He’s easily the most talented RB on the roster and that offense has to be getting better.  

Hot Sauce Guy said:
This is an interesting one, and I agree. You just never know who’s gonna take the reigns of that backfield. Why not Sermon at some point? I can absolutely envision a scenario where he becomes “the guy”, and most of his shareholders are probably willing to take just about anything for him at this point. 
right before the FFPC rookie draft this May, another team offered me a 2023 2nd rounder for Sermon and I broke my wrist smashing the Accept button. 

i was going to suggest McKenzie but saw that you had already. I’d be a little concerned about his role diluting with the Crowder acquisition.

But you’re right about the chemistry being there already. I was asking about his Dynasty value last year & most of the responses I got were like, “why would you want him?” & I backed off…kinda wish I’d pursued that now. 
Might be the oddball, but McKenzie was a free waiver pickup last week for me in a SF dynasty. 

Not sure that either of these fit the mold of guys that blow up in the pre-season, but as general buy lows...

Hines would be my cheap RB to try to include in a larger deal.

Tim Patrick, when one of Jeudy or Sutton inevitably don't step up due to health or whatever else.
👍🏽 Hines is probably an ideal “add in” if you’re trading a stud RB for WR. But his owner might actually know what he’s capable of with Ryan at the helm. Not to mention JT insurance. 

Cheap - Westbrook-ikhine. Deep leagues only probably, if all stay healthy he’s probably the 3rd or 4th target in a run heavy offense but with woods coming off injury, burks a rookie, and Hooper also new to the team, he should contribute. 
another deep league special, Captain America (Chris Evans) has a chance to be productive and if Mixon time, watch out. 

Mr. Peterson said:
Yep.  I knew these responses like this we’re coming.  I’m in a couple money dynasty leagues where people pay close attention (usually) and a couple free ones (Zealots) where sometimes they don’t. 

I have Williams currently about 8 or 9.  But after this year he’ll be considered top 5.  

I’d also like to add Ettiene.  He’s easily the most talented RB on the roster and that offense has to be getting better.  
Totally understand where many owners don’t pay attention in the off season, but usually the person with the player on their team should be checking before making any offer. Williams is interesting, even as an owner if you offered me a top 5 back like Cook or Henry, I’d definitely consider it if I’m contending. 

“The Athletic's Joe Buscaglia writes that Bills WR Isaiah McKenzie was the only slot receiver to take a snap with Josh Allen in Buffalo's second preseason game.​

McKenzie also played as a boundary receiver afterwards, a tell that Buscgalia believes is significant because it tells us who the Bills might play if there's an injury to Gabriel Davis or Stefon Diggs. McKenzie looks likely to be Buffalo's main starting slot ahead of Jamison Crowder, but the idea that he could play outside in the event of an injury should only reinforce his fantasy value. “

QB: Mayfield, Winston - both former number 1s that will produce for many more years IMO (more of SF plays than 1QB)
RB: Gibson, Benjamin - Gibson is too much a playmaker to not have value, and people are panicking *today* - Benjamin is one Conner injury away from league winner status
WR: Olave, Claypool, Tolbert, Dotson, Pierce, Palmer, Doubs, Collins
TE: Goedert, Hurst
- Ertz is finally gone and it's like nobody cares/Hurst is going to be open in Cincy for the next 4 years

Users who are viewing this thread