What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Preliminary '06 Rankings (1 Viewer)

LHUCKS

Footballguy
FBG Scoring/Redraft/1-2-31. P. Manning2. Palmer3. McNabb4. Hasselbeck5. Brady6. Leftwich7. E. Manning8. Brees9. Bulger*10. Roethlisberger11. Plummer12. Favre13. Bledsoe14. Vick15. Green*** we'll see on the coaching change**Big Changes in KC?1. Alexander2. L. Johnson3. LT4. Edge5. Tiki 6. Jordan7. Cadillac8. Portis9. Jackson10. Parker11. Westbrook12. Dunn 13. D. Davis*14. Ronnie Brown **15. Mike Anderson*Bush Sweepstakes?** Will Ricky stay or go?1. S. Smith2. C. Johnson3. Fitzgerald4. Walker5. D Jax 6. Holt *7. Harrison 8. Chambers9. Ward 10. S. Moss 11. Boldin12. Galloway13. Plaxico14. R. Moss**15. T. Owens**** coaching changes scare me**assuming everything remains the same, which it wont***will obviously depend where he lands1. Gates2. Shockey3. Heap4. Gonzalez 5. Crumpler6. Troupe7. LJ8. Witten9. McMichael10. Cooley

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure if Arizona will have the same coach and if they get a rb surely Fitz and Boldin will fall. Even if things stay the same I like Anquan more than Larry.Will Losman be the Bills qb? If so, I think Evans will certainly rank higher than many think-JP locks onto him bigtime.

i can understand the injury concern that comes w/ boldin but i still like him more than larry. boldin is a targets machine and his yac are scary...

I'm not sure if Arizona will have the same coach and if they get a rb surely Fitz and Boldin will fall. Even if things stay the same I like Anquan more than Larry.

Will Losman be the Bills qb? If so, I think Evans will certainly rank higher than many think-JP locks onto him bigtime.
I will be stearing clear of Bills WRs, if the '06 QB is currently on the roster.

FBG Scoring/Redraft/1-2-3

1. S. Smith

2. C. Johnson

3. Fitzgerald

4. Walker

5. D Jax

6. Holt *

7. Harrison

8. Chambers

9. Ward

10. S. Moss

11. Boldin

12. Galloway

13. Plaxico

14. R. Moss**

15. T. Owens***

* coaching changes scare me

**assuming everything remains the same, which it wont

***will obviously depend where he lands
changed your tune on the whole Fitz/Boldin thing?

i can understand the injury concern that comes w/ boldin but i still like him more than larry. boldin is a targets machine and his yac are scary...
My concern is that the AZ offense actually lessens the pass attempts. Don't get me wrong the kid is a freak. I pimped Boldin as much as anybody in the preseason. He will most likely get 100 receptions for the second time in his first three years as a pro...obviously a great talent.

To be honest they're both monsters. Boldin was better as a rookie, but Fitz may have been the most consistent WR in the NFL this year. Tough call.

1. P. Manning

2. Palmer

3. McNabb

4. Hasselbeck

5. Brady

6. Leftwich

7. E. Manning

8. Brees

9. Bulger*

10. Roethlisberger

11. Plummer

12. Favre

13. Bledsoe

14. Vick

15. Green

* we'll see on the coaching change
Daunte has to be on this list. The guy produces good fantasy numbers when he plays, yes he has a lot of negatives but he has to be in the top 15. IMO

1. P. Manning

2. Palmer

3. McNabb

4. Hasselbeck

5. Brady

6. Leftwich

7. E. Manning

8. Brees

9. Bulger*

10. Roethlisberger

11. Plummer

12. Favre

13. Bledsoe

14. Vick

15. Green

Daunte has to be on this list. The guy produces good fantasy numbers when he plays, yes he has a lot of negatives but he has to be in the top 15. IMO
We'll see where he lands and how the injury recovery comes along. Hard to have an impact the first half of the season withou practicing in camp.

1. P. Manning

2. Palmer

3. McNabb

4. Hasselbeck

5. Brady

6. Leftwich

7. E. Manning

8. Brees

9. Bulger*

10. Roethlisberger

11. Plummer

12. Favre

13. Bledsoe

14. Vick

15. Green

I thought he wasn't going to be ready to play 'til we were well into the season? Even if he starts I'd think he's gonna be awfully rusty. Besides, he wasn't exactly lighting the world on fire without Moss this year. Add in the fact their D appears to be improving and I'm not sure how good he'll be.

1. S. Smith

2. C. Johnson

3. Fitzgerald

4. Walker

5. D Jax

6. Holt *

7. Harrison

8. Chambers

9. Ward

10. S. Moss

11. Boldin

12. Galloway

13. Plaxico

14. R. Moss**

15. T. Owens***

I have high hopes for Walker too, if Favre is there he will finish top 5 for sure. Favre really missed him this year alot!

1. P. Manning

2. Palmer

3. McNabb

4. Hasselbeck

5. Brady

6. Leftwich

7. E. Manning

8. Brees

9. Bulger*

10. Roethlisberger

11. Plummer

12. Favre

13. Bledsoe

14. Vick

15. Green**

??. Culpepper

**Big Changes in KC?
Why so high on McNabb yet so low on Vick? McNabb didn't have stellar numbers without Owens and he doesn't appear to be running as much. Some would argue he'll start scrambling more without TO but I'm in the camp that says ALL qbs that stay in the league ease with the foot races. McNabb will be a bust relative to his draft position.

Why so high on McNabb yet so low on Vick? McNabb didn't have stellar numbers without Owens and he doesn't appear to be running as much. Some would argue he'll start scrambling more without TO but I'm in the camp that says ALL qbs that stay in the league ease with the foot races. McNabb will be a bust relative to his draft position.
A) Philly is a pass first offenseB) Vick is too unpredictable for my redraft taste, he's a guy that's rarely on my teams

No Julius Jones in the top 23? Curious where you would rank him if he has another solid game next week to close the season out again.

No Julius Jones in the top 23? Curious where you would rank him if he has another solid game next week to close the season out again.
He wont be considered for my top 15. Marion Barber in year 2 is going to make some noise. I'll likely have JJ ranked lower than most of the fantasy publications.

1. Gates

2. Shockey

3. Heap

4. Gonzalez

5. Crumpler

6. Troupe

7. LJ

8. Witten

9. McMichael

10. Cooley
Cooley is #3 this year, how can you think he'll fall to the ten hole next season? :crazy:

1. Gates

2. Shockey

3. Heap

4. Gonzalez

5. Crumpler

6. Troupe

7. LJ

8. Witten

9. McMichael

10. Cooley
I see Winslow in this list somewhere and also think that Cooley is too low.

Why so high on McNabb yet so low on Vick?  McNabb didn't have stellar numbers without Owens and he doesn't appear to be running as much.  Some would argue he'll start scrambling more without TO but I'm in the camp that says ALL qbs that stay in the league ease with the foot races.  McNabb will be a bust relative to his draft position.
A) Philly is a pass first offenseB) Vick is too unpredictable for my redraft taste, he's a guy that's rarely on my teams
If you look at Vick purely from a fantasy points perspective, I don't think you can say that (that he's unpredictable). I think it was Drinen who showed in another thread that Vick's SD is actually lower than some QBs who are labeled as consistent.In my redraft league (which doesn't quite have "standard scoring " for QBs, but almost), he's #4 YTD. In the 14 weeks he's played, he has two weeks under 10 points & 2 over 20. The other 10 weeks, he scored between 11 & 19 points. I drafted him as either the 12th or 13th QB taken. And I b*tched about him all season until I actually looked at what he was doing compared to other QBs.

I think what we're seeing now is that he's becoming undervalued. People drafted him over the last few years & expected him to put up insane numbers. When he didn't, they felt burned.

Anyway, I don't have too many quibbles with the rest of your QB list - yet. :thumbup:

To be honest they're both monsters. Boldin was better as a rookie, but Fitz may have been the most consistent WR in the NFL this year. Tough call.
To me, Fitzgerald's productivity can be completely correlated to the passing game while Boldin is more of the replacement for the running game.Fitzgerald is consistent and does more with less.

If AZ is ever to run more, Boldin will take the bigger hit in stats. They utilize his RAC skills to make up for no running game.

My concern is that the AZ offense actually lessens the pass attempts. Don't get me wrong the kid is a freak. I pimped Boldin as much as anybody in the preseason. He will most likely get 100 receptions for the second time in his first three years as a pro...obviously a great talent.
Interesting tidbit on the Cards offense, these guys have no where to go but up which may impact the FF value of Fitz and Boldin.
With one game left in the season, the Cardinals are ranked No. 1 in the NFL in passing offense and 32nd, dead last, in rushing.

And this is no typical last-place finish. The Cardinals are averaging 67.3 yards rushing a game, the second-lowest total since the NFL fully merged with the AFL in 1970.

Only the 2000 Chargers, who averaged 66.4 yards a game, were worse. The Cardinals could take over that spot if they don't gain at least 54 yards rushing Sunday in the season finale at Indianapolis.
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/columns/ar...nsider1228.html

In 14 games, Larry Fitzgerald averaged 12.6/ppg (decimal scoring, no PPR), with a standard deviation of 6.15.In 12 games, Anquan Boldin averaged 13.7/ppg, with a standard deviation of 6.07.

Boldin was actually more consistent (lower standard deviation) than Fitzgerald, with a higher PPG. BTW, Boldin had the 3rd highest PPG for a wide reciever so far this year, behind 1) Terrell Owens and 2) Steve Smith.

With their numbers so close, however, Boldin and Fitzgerald were nearly interchangeable this year.

1. Gates

2. Shockey

3. Heap

4. Gonzalez

5. Crumpler

6. Troupe

7. LJ

8. Witten

9. McMichael

10. Cooley
don't agree with Witten at #8, should be higher..Crumpler at #5 is an enigma, not sure why everyone rates him so high..Witten has been forced to stay in and block this year, as the Cowboys have lost multiple starters on the offensive line..once they get everyone back and haelthy next year, Witten will put up numbers similar to last year's..Cooley at #10 is disrespectful to the guy! lol..he's been a beast this year..If you think, as one of your posts indicate, that Trent Green is going to have a down year in '06 since there could be 'major changes' in KC as you put it, then what becomes of Gonzalez, who has clearly lost a step, and is no longer the premier TE in the game? I would take Gonzalez out of the #4 spot..1. gates

2. shockey

3. heap

4. witten

5. cooley

6. Gonzalez

7. wiggins

8. troupe

9. LJ

10. crumpler

11. McMichael

1. Gates

2. Shockey

3. Heap

4. Gonzalez

5. Crumpler

6. Troupe

7. LJ

8. Witten

9. McMichael

10. Cooley
I'd place Jarramy Stevens somewhere on this list. Each year he's been getting beter. 554 yards and 5 TDs so far isn't bad. I'd remove Troupe from this list. Until he shows me a little more. He's only scored 4 career TDs.

1. Gates

2. Shockey

3. Heap

4. Gonzalez

5. Crumpler

6. Troupe

7. LJ

8. Witten

9. McMichael

10. Cooley
The Cooley ranking may just be the worst I have ever seen from you LHUCKS. I would urge you to rethink that one.... looks like I'm not the only one too.

1. Gates

2. Shockey

3. Heap

4. Gonzalez

5. Crumpler

6. Troupe

7. LJ

8. Witten

9. McMichael

10. Cooley
The Cooley ranking may just be the worst I have ever seen from you LHUCKS. I would urge you to rethink that one.... looks like I'm not the only one too.
And yet nobody minds the Gonzo rating. Tony is not old and suffered greatly from Roaf's absence when he had to become more of a blocking tight end. Cooley's phenomenal 3 TD game has inflated his stats for this year, and I fully expect Gibbs to try to run more next year, depressing all receiver stats (and enhancing Portis')Trouble with these lists is that they always project the same circumstances from this year on to next year. Everybody gets excited and these guys become way over valued. My rule of thumb is to take talent first (I'd take TO or Randy Moss over any of the other receivers you listed in the top 20).

Next, I look for underachievers from teams that had bad injury or coaching problems. Thats how I was able to get Santana Moss late last year. The WR I would target for next year right now is Lavernious Coles. He's already proven that he has the talent to be a top 10 receiver. His stats have been depressed this year because he's had 4 different (and often putrid) QBs tossing the ball to him and the Jets generally have stunk. However, the Jets were a trendy pick to knock off the Pats this year so the basic talent on the team was there, just injured or poorly coached. Its always satisfying to get a guy in the middle rounds who is a bona fide No 1 receiver.

Trouble with these lists is that they always project the same circumstances from this year on to next year. Everybody gets excited and these guys become way over valued. My rule of thumb is to take talent first (I'd take TO or Randy Moss over any of the other receivers you listed in the top 20).

Next, I look for underachievers from teams that had bad injury or coaching problems. Thats how I was able to get Santana Moss late last year. The WR I would target for next year right now is Lavernious Coles. He's already proven that he has the talent to be a top 10 receiver. His stats have been depressed this year because he's had 4 different (and often putrid) QBs tossing the ball to him and the Jets generally have stunk. However, the Jets were a trendy pick to knock off the Pats this year so the basic talent on the team was there, just injured or poorly coached. Its always satisfying to get a guy in the middle rounds who is a bona fide No 1 receiver.
Wonderful post. Coles will offer exceptional value next season. Add to your analysis that there is also a chance that Edwards goes to KC in the off-season, this may bring in a more passing oriented HC to the Jets.....it would be tough to run a more conservative offense than what they did this year anyway.

1. Alexander

2. L. Johnson

3. LT

4. Edge

5. Tiki

6. Jordan

7. Cadillac

8. Portis

9. Jackson

10. Parker

11. Westbrook

12. Dunn

13. D. Davis*

14. Ronnie Brown **

15. Mike Anderson

*Bush Sweepstakes?

** Will Ricky stay or go?

Others that may get consideration: Rudi, Ricky Williams, Reggie Bush, DeAngelo Williams, McGahee, T. Jones, Maroney, Dillon
I don't understand Mike Anderson > Rudi Johnson.

Trouble with these lists is that they always project the same circumstances from this year on to next year.  Everybody gets excited and these guys become way over valued.  My rule of thumb is to take talent first (I'd take TO or Randy Moss over any of the other receivers you listed in the top 20).

Next, I look for underachievers from teams that had bad injury or coaching problems.  Thats how I was able to get Santana Moss late last year.  The WR I would target for next year right now is Lavernious Coles.  He's already proven that he has the talent to be a top 10 receiver.  His stats have been depressed this year because he's had 4 different (and often putrid) QBs tossing the ball to him and the Jets generally have stunk. However, the Jets were a trendy pick to knock off the Pats this year so the basic talent on the team was there, just injured or poorly coached.  Its always satisfying to get a guy in the middle rounds who is a bona fide No 1 receiver.
Wonderful post. Coles will offer exceptional value next season. Add to your analysis that there is also a chance that Edwards goes to KC in the off-season, this may bring in a more passing oriented HC to the Jets.....it would be tough to run a more conservative offense than what they did this year anyway.
I think it all depends on who their qb will be next year. Coles has had only one good fantasy year, so not sure I would be thrilled about him next year. There will always be undervalued guys at the wide receiver position. It happens every year. People will just chase the 2005 season rankings.

And yet nobody minds the Gonzo rating. Tony is not old and suffered greatly from Roaf's absence when he had to become more of a blocking tight end. Cooley's phenomenal 3 TD game has inflated his stats for this year, and I fully expect Gibbs to try to run more next year, depressing all receiver stats (and enhancing Portis')
What exactly has you thinking that Portis' involvment is a huge blow, if a blow at all, to Cooley? The Wash O has come on strong the last few weeks of the season here and BOTH Portis and Cooley have been reaping huge benifits from that. The relationhsip seems to be a direct one, not inverse as far as the Portis/Cooley production go. I don't see why that would change. Cooley is targeted a bunch in the passing game and moreso down inside the 20. He has proven his talent and also proven he is consistent. They guy simply finds the endzone. 6 TDs in last years pathetic O and now 7 this year with near 800 yds. All the while, the other players in Wash have seen huge increases as well. I could understand the concern if Cooley was having his production taken from as Moss and Portis improve greatly, but that doesn't appear to be the casse in the least.

1. Alexander

2. L. Johnson

3. LT

4. Edge

5. Tiki

6. Jordan

7. Cadillac

8. Portis

9. Jackson

10. Parker

11. Westbrook

12. Dunn

13. D. Davis*

14. Ronnie Brown **

15. Mike Anderson

*Bush Sweepstakes?

Others that may get consideration: Rudi, Ricky Williams, Reggie Bush, DeAngelo Williams, McGahee, T. Jones, Maroney, Dillon
Agreed. I'd probably put Rudi ahead of Davis and Brown too. It's no co-incidence that as Palmer's numbers declined a bit late in the season, Rudi's rose. I think teams are taking the "ok, you can run but we're not going to let you pick us apart passing" mentality that they took with the Colts. But any way you slice it, I love Rudi in '06.Also, I'm a huge Parker fan but top 10 might be pushing it a bit.

1. Alexander

2. L. Johnson

3. LT

4. Edge

5. Tiki

6. Jordan

7. Cadillac

8. Portis

9. Jackson

10. Parker

11. Westbrook

12. Dunn

13. D. Davis*

14. Ronnie Brown **

15. Mike Anderson

*Bush Sweepstakes?

Others that may get consideration:  Rudi, Ricky Williams, Reggie Bush, DeAngelo Williams, McGahee, T. Jones, Maroney, Dillon
yeah...I actually went back and forth on Rudi/Dillon vs. Anderson. I don't know, something about Rudi's lack of upside always makes me stay away.

1. Alexander

2. L. Johnson

3. LT

4. Edge

5. Tiki

6. Jordan

7. Cadillac

8. Portis

9. Jackson

10. Parker

11. Westbrook

12. Dunn

13. D. Davis*

14. Ronnie Brown **

15. Mike Anderson

*Bush Sweepstakes?

Others that may get consideration:  Rudi, Ricky Williams, Reggie Bush, DeAngelo Williams, McGahee, T. Jones, Maroney, Dillon
yeah...I actually went back and forth on Rudi/Dillon vs. Anderson. I don't know, something about Rudi's lack of upside always makes me stay away.
Just to be clear .... you think Anderson has more upside (in his situation in Denver) than Rudi?

In 14 games, Larry Fitzgerald averaged 12.6/ppg (decimal scoring, no PPR), with a standard deviation of 6.15.In 12 games, Anquan Boldin averaged 13.7/ppg, with a standard deviation of 6.07.

Boldin was actually more consistent (lower standard deviation) than Fitzgerald, with a higher PPG. BTW, Boldin had the 3rd highest PPG for a wide reciever so far this year, behind 1) Terrell Owens and 2) Steve Smith.

With their numbers so close, however, Boldin and Fitzgerald were nearly interchangeable this year.
When players miss games due to injury I count that against their consistency.

Also, I'm a huge Parker fan but top 10 might be pushing it a bit.
At this point in time I think Parker is their guy in '06, but I've been wrong before.

TE was actually very tough. after the first four. You've got a slew of guys that are in that 60 reception area. Not much difference between 5-10.

Just to be clear .... you think Anderson has more upside (in his situation in Denver) than Rudi?
Yes
Let us not forget the Chris Perry factor. Rudi is clearly the guy there, but I can't stop thinking Perry will factor in more next year.

1. S. Smith

2. C. Johnson

3. Fitzgerald

4. Walker

5. D Jax

6. Holt *

7. Harrison

8. Chambers

9. Ward

10. S. Moss

11. Boldin

12. Galloway

13. Plaxico

14. R. Moss**

15. T. Owens***

Chambers a little high? He has had a great second half, but I think the 11 TD's will be difficult to repeat. Also, with Brown and Ricky there plus the revolving door at QB scares me a little. I feel chambers is an underrated WR, but I think 8 is a little high.Galloway and his injury history would scare me away at 12.

Where is Wayne? I like the aggressive ranking of D-Jax and Walker, but obviously they are big risks at 4 and 5.

Chambers a little high?  He has had a great second half, but I think the 11 TD's will be difficult to repeat.  Also, with Brown and Ricky there plus the revolving door at QB scares me a little.  I feel chambers is an underrated WR, but I think 8 is a little high.

Galloway and his injury history would scare me away at 12.

Where is Wayne?  I like the aggressive ranking of D-Jax and Walker, but obviously they are big risks at 4 and 5.
Wayne is probably next on the list, his numbers really took a hit with the new Indy gameplan. On Chambers, I think you'll see that offense continue to improve along with Chambers' stats.

Galloway might be a tad high given his risk. He actually ranks in the top 10 in most scoring systems this year. I also like Simms' progression.

Rudi will likely end the season with over 1,500 yards and over 12 TD's. Excluding him for a guy like Steven Jackson is crazy. :thumbdown:

Rudi will likely end the season with over 1,500 yards and over 12 TD's.  Excluding him for a guy like Steven Jackson is crazy.
Yeah...I'm beginning to re-think my Rudi position after taking a more detailed look at his stats. He really did finish quite strong. This was a first run so I'll be tweaking over the next 7 months.

Rudi has the Curtis Martin problem, solid stats, but just not very exciting to watch. You kind of feel like there are better playmakers out there and that he could lose his job at any time to a better playmaker.

Yes
Does someone with Rudi's stats need "upside"? In addition, in comparison to Anderson, will Perry steal as many/more carries than Bell did/will? I think not. Plus, which of the two backs is more durable and "should" have the longer career?

Rudi will likely end the season with over 1,500 yards and over 12 TD's.  Excluding him for a guy like Steven Jackson is crazy.
Yeah...I'm beginning to rethink my Rudi position after taking a more detailed look at his stats. He really did finish quite strong. This was a first run so I'll be tweaking over the next 7 months.
I think Rudi has to be a top 10 selection next year. He will have two straight 1400 & 12td seasons. Not many rb's have done this the last two years. And there are a lot of quesiton marks on all but the top 5 rb's to have them higher than Rudi. I hope most people think like this list and take Jackson, Westbrook, Dunn, Parker, Cadillac, etc. higher than Rudi. Rudi isn't a sexy pick, but he gets it done and gets better as the season wears down.

Yeah...I'm beginning to rethink my Rudi position after taking a more detailed look at his stats. He really did finish quite strong. This was a first run so I'll be tweaking over the next 7 months.
I think Rudi has to be a top 10 selection next year. He will have two straight 1400 & 12td seasons. Not many rb's have done this the last two years. And there are a lot of quesiton marks on all but the top 5 rb's to have them higher than Rudi. I hope most people think like this list and take Jackson, Westbrook, Dunn, Parker, Cadillac, etc. higher than Rudi. Rudi isn't a sexy pick, but he gets it done and gets better as the season wears down.
1400 yards...you can get comparable numbers in the RB#20 range. It's the age old argument, low reward/low risk vs. high reward/high risk(Julius Jones)

Because you can platoon RBs in most 12 man leagues I usually take some risk in re-drafts.

Users who are viewing this thread